The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Kid-Wicked »

eddie lee roth wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:
8) 8)

How can that not bring a smile to your face?

Apparently this was the pop of the night, during what most consider the match. Give Ziggler the goddamn strap already!!
Yeah, shame they've been burying Ziggler lately. Roode's great, but put him and Dolph in a higher card feud, for chrissakes!
When a lot of these guys graduate from NXT I notice it seems like their going way way overboard with their introductions. (Balor, Nakamura and Roode right off the top of my head)

And watching that clip it looks like Bobby is having a spastic attack with his hands. He looks just like a fucking retard. :roll:
they're also the 3 most entertaining intros.
if i had to bitch aboot something it would be WAY too much time given to the 205 guys. they just aren't interesting and they can't sell.
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
Yeah, shame they've been burying Ziggler lately. Roode's great, but put him and Dolph in a higher card feud, for chrissakes!
When a lot of these guys graduate from NXT I notice it seems like their going way way overboard with their introductions. (Balor, Nakamura and Roode right off the top of my head)

And watching that clip it looks like Bobby is having a spastic attack with his hands. He looks just like a fucking retard. :roll:
if i had to bitch aboot something it would be WAY too much time given to the 205 guys. they just aren't interesting and they can't sell.
Give them time to grow. Maybe they should go to the farm leagues and work more. Vince and his monsters.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

stocknsocks wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote: When a lot of these guys graduate from NXT I notice it seems like their going way way overboard with their introductions. (Balor, Nakamura and Roode right off the top of my head)

Give them time to grow. Maybe they should go to the farm leagues and work more. Vince and his monsters.
Dive.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

Artemis2085 wrote:
stocknsocks wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:
Dive.
But you don't want to bury them, there might be a diamond or two in the rough.

Rant on: I don't watch the shows much anymore, haven't since Vince bought everybody and it all went to hell. I do watch a lot of youtube that everybody posts so I can get a taste of what I have and haven't missed. It's true we need young blood in the game but there have been more misses than hits (see all the monsters for all the misses) but they can't afford to not give some of these kids a chance. I still think managers, the non-speaking heels and the faces that let the bodies in the ring speak for them, and more ring time in the minors is what these kids need. They can't just think it's automatic television time and the big leagues just because they were in NXT. There has to be a happy medium but Vince and company are complacent with the status quo and that may be their downfall.

Drugs are another concern and always have. The wrestlers live where pot is legal and go to states where it's legal in a lot of cases so they need to make rules for it rather than ban it. Go easy on the pain meds an do random checks. Do concussion protocols. Show the NFL how it should be done. Police the social media. Watch what does and doesn't get out. They work for the company and there should be rules in place for it. Cuiserweights. I can't be alone in this, can I? Bring in the luchador style and the All Japan lighter fighter styles. There are things outside the company that draw crowds Vince, use it, grow it, there's a huge demand for it, just look at the crowds for this stuff still and see there's money in it.

Drugs are a problem, this needs to be addressed but it seems to fall to the way side rather than being confronted and helped. These are human beings and we hurt. When you got kids taking massive doses of hard opiates, there's a huge problem. Help them rather than fire them. Some of these folks need professional help. They need mental health check ups to watch for things, depression and alcohol are not something you want problems with, remember Benoit and some of the other that have committed suicide and murders? This may be entertainment but these are real humans and they need help sometimes.

If anybody sees something I missed or thinks I'm full of shit, let me know. This has been bothering me for a while after reading all of this. Getting older changes ones perspective.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i like nxt. i like everyone they've brought up to the main roster.
i just don't like seeing 30 mins given to enzo to try to put these guys over on raw. they have their own show. keep them on there. bring up the diamonds.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Looks like Rich Swann just got suspended for domestic abuse:

http://www.wwe.com/article/rich-swann-s ... 75892023=1
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Sting sits down for an interview with JBL, who looks like a clown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCMURnqRjHI
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

WWE has parted ways with Jim Johnston after over 35 years.

He composed the music for WWF and was behind themes for The Rock, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Undertaker, Jake Roberts, HBK, Razor Ramon, LOD, co wrote Real American & Demolition (which in the Napster days was always credited to WASP :lol:), Mr Perfect, Fandango, Carlito, DX, Jim Duggan, Big Boss Man, American Dream, Mick Foley's characters, Mr McMahon, Shane McMahon and IMHO his masterwork, Ultimate Warrior.

Plus the into music to Superstars, Challenge, etc.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Artemis2085 wrote:WWE has parted ways with Jim Johnston after over 35 years.

He composed the music for WWF and was behind themes for The Rock, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Undertaker, Jake Roberts, Razor Ramon, LOD, co wrote Real American & Demolition (which in the Napster days was always credited to WASP :lol:), Mr Perfect, Mick
Foley's characters, Mr McMahon, Shane McMahon and IMHO his masterwork, Ultimate Warrior.
Why??? That sucks!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:

He composed the music for WWF and was behind themes for The Rock, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Undertaker, Jake Roberts, Razor Ramon, LOD, co wrote Real American & Demolition (which in the Napster days was always credited to WASP :lol:), Mr Perfect, Mick
Foley's characters, Mr McMahon, Shane McMahon and IMHO his masterwork, Ultimate Warrior.
Why??? That sucks!
He wanted to keep his salary. They wanted to cut it in half or more since the company's losing money.

He also wrote and composed that classic themes to the big 4 PPV's.
Professional Hater
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Artemis2085 wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:

Why??? That sucks!
He wanted to keep his salary. They wanted to cut it in half or more since the company's losing money.

He also wrote and composed that classic themes to the big 4 PPV's.
Ugh, well, best of luck to Jim in his future endeavours, I guess... :(
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

dmbrocker wrote:Looks like Rich Swann just got suspended for domestic abuse:

http://www.wwe.com/article/rich-swann-s ... 75892023=1
I actually saw him at a show that his wife headlined Friday night. He looked happy and was having fun.
Strange how fast things can change.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I never believe the wrestler heights they have listed even more so the cruiser weights for any company not just the WWE. They’ve had Rich Swann listed at 5’8” and his arrest record lists him at 5’6”.

If you were wondering just how much of a potential blockbuster does the movie company that is putting out John Cena’s upcoming cartoon movie think they have on their hands well it’s release date is 12-15.

That just so happens to be the same day as a certain sci-fi movie that will probably make a few dollars if things work out.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Y2J attacks Omega. Awesome video footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQX174uKXGU
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

The Riott Squad is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen on WWE TV.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Gazpacho
THREAD AIDS

Post by Gazpacho »

Never been in this thread before.
I thought I’d drop in to fill you guys in on something.
Wrestling is fake.
Carry on.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Gazpacho wrote:Never been in this thread before.
Wrestling is fake.
Carry on.
Oh great I guess now you’re going to tell us smoking is bad for your health.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Wrestling is fake.
Carry on.
Wow, what a shocker! :shock: This just in: Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny aren't real either!
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

I didn’t want to anger the mighty Thread AIDS so I left him alone. He has enough problems. :lol:
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

sliquor wrote:
Drunken Little Elf wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:I saw that clip with Arn. That spine buster looked amazing and the pop it got had to have been deafening.

Saw a brand new shoot clip with Kevin Sullivan. He says:
"Here's how out of control this shit got. The Ultimate Warrior...I had so many ideas for him and he had a ton of ideas. And finally, Hulk admits to me that he's still bothered he did that job in Toronto. Bischoff was in on it. They opened up Turners checkbook and paid him millions, all so Hogan could get a fake win back. That blew my mind. Then people wonder why we're not in business anymore."
Can you provide a link? I couldn't find anything on Youtube with Sullivan that appeared to be recent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZZ6wmNCsc
Thanks for the link. I had actually seen the thumbnails, but didn't realize it was a new shoot. These are gold.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
I plan on looking at this later on today and I second that if you find some good stuff like this put a link in here for everybody else to check out too. I’ll do the same and hope everybody else will. I will say if you watch with any regularity any of the Jim Cornette stuff you’ll start getting links yourself to some good stuff.
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

eddie lee roth wrote:^
I plan on looking at this later on today and I second that if you find some good stuff like this put a link in here for everybody else to check out too. I’ll do the same and hope everybody else will. I will say if you watch with any regularity any of the Jim Cornette stuff you’ll start getting links yourself to some good stuff.
I devour anything with Corny lol.

When I get home I'll link to a Youtube channel that puts up a lot of clips from Kayfabe Commentaries. Lots of good stuff there, I just can't remember the name at the moment.
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Wrestling is fake.
Carry on.
Link or it's not true. 8)
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

It's men's version of the soap operas that women watch. Except with a bit more violence and potential permanent injury.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Nothing fake about girl lumberjack match tonight
Stupid people still watching Raiders vs Cowboys
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

has anyone mentioned that celebrity jihad has photos of alexa bliss fucking and blowing a dude?
new vid of paige too.

gentlemen......commence fapping
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:R.I.P. 'Z-Man' Tom Zink!
Yeah, I just looked it up and saw. RIP...
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

First ever all-women's Royal Rumble match: this should be very interesting...
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

dmbrocker wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:R.I.P. 'Z-Man' Tom Zink!
Yeah, I just looked it up and saw. RIP...
He wrestled here in Montreal, prior to his WWE days, for International Wrestling, a great independent promotion that featured mostly AWA and local guys.

He was a great talent. I remember those days fondly, before the WWE took over the world.

RIP