The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Gritt »

The biggest issue with Goodell and his discipline is that it seems like he picks punishments by blindfolding himself and throwing at a dart board. As much as I disagree with what Adrian Peterson did, he lost a whole season for a misdemeanor. Goodell laid the hammer on Peterson because he didn't feel that he showed enough remorse in their face to face meeting. Come on.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:They just announced Brady got four games.

Brady is lucky to only get 4 games. Pats have been caught cheating twice now. About time for Brady to come clean, admit what he did and his knowledge of how much the balls were compromised in his favor.
Break the rules-You get punished!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:

Brady is lucky to only get 4 games. Pats have been caught cheating twice now. About time for Brady to come clean, admit what he did and his knowledge of how much the balls were compromised in his favor.
I didn't know Brady got caught for anything other than playing for NE and refusing to give over his emails and texts. As Utah pointed out, would you let your employer go through your personal shit?
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

killeverything wrote:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I wish I could be excited about this and that it somehow vindicated Seattle's loss in the Superbowl, but nooooo...that's still firmly on the shoulders of an inexplicable and inexcusable play call.

Sigh.
You know that Lynch was 1 for 5 at the line last season right?
So there was a 20 percent chance he would have scored a TD and won the Super Bowl?

Probably better to roll the dice with that than throw the ball into traffic especially when they had time for several plays.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Crazy Levi wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I wish I could be excited about this and that it somehow vindicated Seattle's loss in the Superbowl, but nooooo...that's still firmly on the shoulders of an inexplicable and inexcusable play call.

Sigh.
You know that Lynch was 1 for 5 at the line last season right?
So there was a 20 percent chance he would have scored a TD and won the Super Bowl?

Probably better to roll the dice with that than throw the ball into traffic especially when they had time for several plays.
They were outsmarted plain and simple. I was just pointing out that there was no guarantee that Lynch would have scored. I recall a number of the Seahawks players were hurt and playing through it. I believe Lynch was one of them. Maybe that had something to do with the OC calling for the pass and Carol agreeing to it.

NE prepared for that exact play and Seattle ran it. To imply "if they would have given the ball to Lynch they would've been champions" is absurd. I was also pointing out last season Lynch on the goal line wasn't guaranteed TD.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

It's not enough.

Pats are laughing at the NFL. I am sure they are already two or three steps ahead of what rule they can break or fuck with next.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:

But if Brady would have beaten Giselle to a pulp or beat his kid with a bat you'd be cool with it.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

killeverything wrote:
NE prepared for that exact play and Seattle ran it. To imply "if they would have given the ball to Lynch they would've been champions" is absurd. I was also pointing out last season Lynch on the goal line wasn't guaranteed TD.
You are in Machado territory with this shit.

I'm pretty sure most people realize handing the ball off to lynch wasn't a "guaranteed TD" - nothing in sports Is guaranteed.

Doesn't change the fact that was a stupid fucking call. Seahawks outsmarted themselves.

Probaby because some idiot hotshot assistant coach with an iPad was whispering into Carrol's ear "you know, lynch is only 1-5 at the goal line this season! It won't be a guaranteed TD!"

While you are coming up with pointless stats, tell me how many times lynch fumbled at the goal line to lose a game last season? Was he 1-5 on that too?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

But if Brady would have beaten Giselle to a pulp or beat his kid with a bat you'd be cool with it.
WRONG!
You are talking about domestic violence now. Something that I am very much against. You might advocate such behavior behind your doors, but DO NOT imply that I or anybody else here feels the same as you.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Hmm So the cowboys get to play against The Patriots with no Tom Brady and they get to start Greg Hardy against The Panthers.. Seems a little fishy..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

kylel wrote:Hmm So the cowboys get to play against The Patriots with no Tom Brady and they get to start Greg Hardy against The Panthers.. Seems a little fishy..

You should worry more about how Cam Newton is 30-31 in his career.
SUPERMAN? I think not!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
killeverything wrote:
You are in Machado territory with this shit.

I'm pretty sure most people realize handing the ball off to lynch wasn't a "guaranteed TD" - nothing in sports Is guaranteed.

Doesn't change the fact that was a stupid fucking call. Seahawks outsmarted themselves.

Probaby because some idiot hotshot assistant coach with an iPad was whispering into Carrol's ear "you know, lynch is only 1-5 at the goal line this season! It won't be a guaranteed TD!"

While you are coming up with pointless stats, tell me how many times lynch fumbled at the goal line to lose a game last season? Was he 1-5 on that too?
Let's not relive this shit AGAIN!.....It was clearly stated Carrol was going by the coaching 101 book planning to get 3 plays in, "3 chances to score". He was totally clear on that.....Instead of just rushing up to the line and giving Lynch 2 shots. IMO a guaranteed win. He chose to get 3 plays meaning the next play had to be a quick pass, not a roll out, a quick slant or fade...They got burnt.
If they would have rushed up and handed it off I have no doubt TD.

All this is moot, Carrol blew the call IMO but it don't matter because...

New England are the Champs! They earned and deserved it.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

kylel wrote:Hmm So the cowboys get to play against The Patriots with no Tom Brady and they get to start Greg Hardy against The Panthers.. Seems a little fishy..

Ya that FIRST PLACE SCHEDULE IS LOOKING TOUGH. Take out Brady, 2.5 playoff teams from last year?

Seahawks
Packers
Panthers - made the playoffs 7w - 8L - 1T

Scary.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:The biggest issue with Goodell and his discipline is that it seems like he picks punishments by blindfolding himself and throwing at a dart board.
I think Goodell is more senile then the last few years of Al Davis. He's arrogant and does whatever the fuck he wants.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Tom Brady's Agent
The NFL Sucks at Punishment. We're Appealing

Tom Brady's agent just came out BLASTING the NFL -- saying the league has a storied history of BLOWING IT when it comes to meting out punishment ... which is why they're appealing Tom's 4-game suspension.

Don Yee -- who gives absolutely zero damns -- pulled no punches in a scathing statement attacking the NFL and the Wells Report.
"The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever."
He continues, "There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits."

"We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic."

And this is where Yee really begins to spit venom -- "The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me."

WAR!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

SBNation -
A four-game suspension for Tom Brady's DeflateGate involvement angered New England Patriots officials, players and fans alike, but there's a chance the 10-time Pro Bowl quarterback will end up playing anyway.

It wouldn't be unprecedented for Brady to win his impending appeal of the punishment and re-establish himself as the Week 1 starter for the Patriots -- especially considering the legal team that he has assembled for his appeal via the NFL Players Association.

Joining Brady's high-profile agent, Don Yee, for the appeal will be Jeffrey Kessler, a noted labor attorney who recently represented Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. The legal team assembled by Brady was enough to convince one of Adam Schefter's sources that the suspension will be overturned altogether.
Tom Brady could have strong chance at winning DeflateGate appeal
Brady isn't the first superstar to receive a suspension in the last year and he wouldn't be the first one to have his punishment overturned. Peterson's indefinite suspension from the NFL was overturned in February, as was Ray Rice's in November. Even Ndamukong Suh's one-game suspension for stepping on Aaron Rodgers was tossed out, allowing him to play in a wild card game against the Dallas Cowboys.

None of those players were suspended for cheating, though. That's what makes Brady's suspension a rare one, but with evidence that it "was more probable than not" that Brady was aware of the alleged deflation plans, the likelihood that his lawyers can earn a victory in the appeal may be high.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

:lol: Kick ass let the shit hit the fan. Remember I think his name was Vilma from the Saints didn't he win his case too against Goodell.

And I remember that judge saying Goodell's story about the Ray Rice video was horseshit also.

Al Davis would love this shit. :lol:
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Gritt wrote:The biggest issue with Goodell and his discipline is that it seems like he picks punishments by blindfolding himself and throwing at a dart board.
I think Goodell is more senile then the last few years of Al Davis. He's arrogant and does whatever the fuck he wants.
Let's wait until Goodell makes his next speech with assistance of an overhead projector before we lump him in with Al.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Brady has filed his appeal.

http://wellsreportcontext.com/
Are you shitting me?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Goodell is presiding over Brady's appeal. There is no way in hell the union is going to go along with this. Goodell will be out of the job soon. Kraft wields a ton of influence and the owners will turn on Goodell. The fun is just starting.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:Goodell is presiding over Brady's appeal. There is no way in hell the union is going to go along with this. Goodell will be out of the job soon. Kraft wields a ton of influence and the owners will turn on Goodell. The fun is just starting.

I hope this blows back in Goodell's face like a segment of Bangbros.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

So the Bears signed Ray McDonald on May 24th. It is now May 27th and he's already been arrested twice. Solid!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Anne_Thrax wrote:So the Bears signed Ray McDonald on May 24th. It is now May 27th and he's already been arrested twice. Solid!
Surprised Dallas didn't go after him.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Anne_Thrax wrote:So the Bears signed Ray McDonald on May 24th. It is now May 27th and he's already been arrested twice. Solid!
He might be suffering from CTE. Get that man some medical attention and a brain scan, STAT
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
He might be suffering from CTE. Get that man some medical attention and a brain scan, STAT

Out of all these years I can't believe you just must made me laugh out loud. I'm still smirking.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

The New England Patriots have got their name in the news again.

http://6abc.com/sports/spikes-car-found ... nt/772008/
scarred but smarter
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

sin wrote:The New England Patriots have got their name in the news again.

http://6abc.com/sports/spikes-car-found ... nt/772008/
They cut his ass earlier today.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NFL Jerseys Sales in May - More Tim Tebow jerseys "15th" were sold then Tony Romo :lol:
More Derek Carr, Nadmaukong Suh and even non player Seattle's 12th MAN jerseys were sold then Romo's who came in 28th place. Along with the jokes the Eagles are already getting their money out of Teabow.

----------------------------------------

Panthers - Cam Newton signs a new five-year, $103.8 million deal Tuesday with the Panthers but with Cam's face everywhere his endorsements put him higher on the list then anyone not named Peyton Manning.
The extension puts him in the 100 million dollar club with Aaron Rodgers, Ben Rothelisberger, Drew Brees and Joe Flacco.

He's not even ranked in the top ten, 16th QBR but he sure has a mouth. Good luck making the SB in his era.

-----------------------------------------
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Well,

I am ditching DirectTv.. Fuck all cable..

Haven't been able to watch any hockey this playoff season. I keep missing it and it bums me out because I don't get the "channel" anyways...

So,,

Can't wait for football.. I will be at a bar or if they show Dallas on Fox or CBS, I should be able to see that..

Done paying for TV boys.. fuck all that..
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

There are alternative ways to stream red zone and all of the NFL game feeds.