The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Machado doesn't get involved in offseason shenanigans huh?

What a fucking tool.

If Dez was on the Redskins and made that tweet Machado would be all over that shit like a crack whore.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
----------------------------------------------

Dez finally in contract talks, threatens to sit out opener. Go for the big money bulging disk Dez because Lee need company on the bench while topping out the cap.

Dez Bryant
‏@DezBryant
Everybody voicing opinions..13 mil is cool but Where is my security? I'll wait ...5 years without complaining..So how am I selfish? #family1
Unfucking believable..
Who cares. I don't get involved in matters like this. Furthermore, I don't even care when OTA's begin or end. All that matters is who is healthy the last week of the exhibition season and whether or not the key players are on the field for 16 weeks after that and more.

Ever since Emmitt held out back in 1994, I have not cared a single bit about off-season shenanigans.

I don't blame Dez for wanting to get paid. Football is the most violent sport. At the same time I don't blame Dallas for not wanting to pay him so much because they may need funds for other players.

The NHL or the MMA might a have a word or twenty to say about that..

Emmitt Smith was a different kind of player.. Dez being out sucks period. He misses valuable time with Romo and the other WR's..

And, 13 fucking million? And he wonders "how" he is going to take care of his family? Gimme a fuckin break..
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

July 2nd was a busy day at the NFL office handing out slaps on the wrist.

Chargers Antonio Gates suspended four games for PEDs.

Cowboys' Rolando McClain suspended four games for violation of the league's policy against substances of abuse.

Jets DT Sheldon Richardson suspended four games for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Packers' Datone Jones suspended one game for violating the league's policy against substances of abuse.

---------------------------

Gates blamed his positive test on "supplements and holistic medicines" he used in an effort to recover from the past season.
"In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails," Gates said in a statement. "I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and I have never knowingly ingested a substance that was banned by the NFL."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolando McClain "I apologize to my family, the Cowboys organization, my teammates and Cowboys fans for my mistake," McClain said in a statement via the NFL Players Association. "I will not break the rules of my profession in the future, and I regret my error.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Gates's "I have never knowingly ingested a substance that was banned by the NFL" should be written in the players hand book.

Now the Cowboys can start the season without Hardy and McClain.....And maybe Dez so he can make sure to feed his family on 13 million dollars.

4 games for PED's? Are you fucking kidding? Good games NFL, you'll made people like Levi and Machado scared to play football when PED's have done more damage then any rule they've changed. 4 game suspension, ya they're really serious about cleaning up the game.

The NFL, we're trying to keep the violence at home where it belongs!

---------------------------------------------------

If any of use failed these tests in the real world we'd be looking for another job not a month off to spend at one of our 3 houses.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Washington Redskins - DeSean Jackson told the world this week that he owns the NFC East.

Feeling his oats on the debut episode of his new reality TV show, DeSean Jackson Home Team on BET, the Redskins wideout called out his former squad, the Eagles, among others.

"I don't care too much about the Cowboys. I'm called a Cowboy killer," Jackson said. "They call me the Cowboy killer. I'm a Giants killer, I'm a Cowboys killer, now I'm an Eagles killer, too."

:lol:

NFL Research points out that Jackson has produced less against the NFC East, averaging just 3.6 catches per game in his career against the division compared with 4.3 grabs per tilt against the rest of the NFL. His 67.2 yards per game in 38 contests against East opponents also falls short of his 73.9 yards per outing in 64 games against outer-division foes.

Jackson's 0.32 touchdowns per game against the NFC East also trails his 0.41 mark against the NFL's seven other divisions. His career yards per game against the Cowboys 73.8, Giants 65.8, and Redskins 52.0, all trail his average against the rest of the league.

If he still feels like squawking on the next must-see installment of DeSean Jackson Home Team or better yet maybe DeSean could tone down the quote factory until his Redskins find a way to win more than four games in a season
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:
Machado wrote:Who cares. I don't get involved in matters like this. Furthermore, I don't even care when OTA's begin or end. All that matters is who is healthy the last week of the exhibition season and whether or not the key players are on the field for 16 weeks after that and more.

Ever since Emmitt held out back in 1994, I have not cared a single bit about off-season shenanigans.

I don't blame Dez for wanting to get paid. Football is the most violent sport. At the same time I don't blame Dallas for not wanting to pay him so much because they may need funds for other players.

Emmitt Smith was a different kind of player.. Dez being out sucks period. He misses valuable time with Romo and the other WR's..

And, 13 fucking million? And he wonders "how" he is going to take care of his family? Gimme a fuckin break..
The X Games, Rugby, Boxing, WWE wrestling actors take more of a beating now. But the NFL sure scared people into football being dangerous with the likes of joining the military or working a fishing boat when you're safer in pads on the field then you are in a car.

It's not even close to a violent job compared to people who make $13 and hour roofing to try and feed their families on.

Lets see him walk on a construction site as a day laborer and work 10 hours a day for 10 bucks an hour, it will beat him into the ground at ten times the risk then 30 minutes on the field 16 times a year. He wouldn't last 8 years even if he had to do it and had the heart. In the end he'd be left with nothing....13 million and looking for sympathy or understanding. Fuck off.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I am not for guaranteed contracts in the NFL because you give a player
5 years and 50 million, the player might fake an injury so he can get paid for doing nada.

The problem with the richest league of the major sports is the minimum salary.
At the moment the NHL has a higher minimum salary. Which is a HUGE joke.

D Smith was voted by the players to lead them but how well is the man doing?
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
Machado wrote:Who cares. I don't get involved in matters like this. Furthermore, I don't even care when OTA's begin or end. All that matters is who is healthy the last week of the exhibition season and whether or not the key players are on the field for 16 weeks after that and more.

The X Games, Rugby, Boxing, WWE wrestling actors take more of a beating now. But the NFL sure scared people into football being dangerous with the likes of joining the military or working a fishing boat when you're safer in pads on the field then you are in a car.

It's not even close to a violent job compared to people who make $13 and hour roofing to try and feed their families on.

Lets see him walk on a construction site as a day laborer and work 10 hours a day for 10 bucks an hour, it will beat him into the ground at ten times the risk then 30 minutes on the field 16 times a year. He wouldn't last 8 years even if he had to do it and had the heart. In the end he'd be left with nothing....13 million and looking for sympathy or understanding. Fuck off.
Ratt- you aren't a moron but you always seem to take the moron's opinion when it comes to all issues NFL.

Why don't you compare a fucking roofer's salary to that of jerry jones?

The players are the ones who do the work and shorten their lives for our enjoyment. They deserve as much money as they can possibly get and a roofer's salary has nothing to do with it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Levi
Why are you being nice to that mutt, Utah? Just call a spade a spade.
He compared a blue collar worker to a NFL player. Who does that?

Utah is mentally challenged. Let us all accept that and continue with the day.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote: Ratt- you aren't a moron but you always seem to take the moron's opinion when it comes to all issues NFL.

The players are the ones who do the work and shorten their lives for our enjoyment. They deserve as much money as they can possibly get and a roofer's salary has nothing to do with it.
Why?

How about compare Jerry's salary to the roofer's bosses fucking salary?

They deserve as much as they can get?. So does every other fucking "worker" out in the work field.

Nobody put a gun to their head to go out play football for my enjoyment. Problem is they started getting paid too much. Shortening their lifespan, Gimme a fucking break..It's called work, in some form or another, that is it. Men have been doing it for years, and years, centuries..

It's time to stop putting these players on some kind of pedestal. They play a child's game for a living. A child's game that is no way as dangerous as it was even in the 90's..
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bludegeon wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote: Ratt- you aren't a moron but you always seem to take the moron's opinion when it comes to all issues NFL.

Why?

They deserve as much as they can get?. So does every other fucking "worker" out in the work field.

Nobody put a gun to their head to go out play football for my enjoyment. Problem is they started getting paid too much. Shortening their lifespan, Gimme a fucking break..It's called work, in some form or another, that is it. Men have been doing it for years, and years, centuries..

It's time to stop putting these players on some kind of pedestal. They play a child's game for a living. A child's game that is no way as dangerous as it was even in the 90's..
Where do you come up with all this bullshit? Is it just some kind of gene that Cowboys fans possess?

I'm not putting him on a "pedestal." I don't like Dez Bryant. He's a Cowboy and he's a dick.

But why am I gonna dump on him for asking for more money? Why would I dump on a roofer for asking for more money? If the goddamn roofer thinks he can hold out for better pay, good for fucking him.

NFL players are the most important asset the NFL has. The NFL rakes in ridiculous money and profits. NFL owners are all fucking billionaire assholes. Nobody "put a gun" to Jerry Jones' botoxed forehead either, and told him he's forced to employ Dez Bryant. If he doesn't like it he can release him or trade him to someone who will pay him what he thinks he's worth.

"Dez Bryant should stop whining cause roofers make $15 an hour" is fucking retarded. If he thinks he can get more money, great, I hope he does. Same for a fucking roofer, shit shoveler, or worker in any other non-NFL profession.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:

Why?

Where do you come up with all this bullshit? Is it just some kind of gene that Cowboys fans possess?

I'm not putting him on a "pedestal." I don't like Dez Bryant. He's a Cowboy and he's a dick.

But why am I gonna dump on him for asking for more money? Why would I dump on a roofer for asking for more money? If the goddamn roofer thinks he can hold out for better pay, good for fucking him.

NFL players are the most important asset the NFL has. The NFL rakes in ridiculous money and profits. NFL owners are all fucking billionaire assholes. Nobody "put a gun" to Jerry Jones' botoxed forehead either, and told him he's forced to employ Dez Bryant. If he doesn't like it he can release him or trade him to someone who will pay him what he thinks he's worth.

"Dez Bryant should stop whining cause roofers make $15 an hour" is fucking retarded. If he thinks he can get more money, great, I hope he does. This is how I feel for all workers.

jerry Jones and the rest of the owners can go fuck themselves if they want to cry poverty.
I agree that NFL owners have more than enough money to go around. I can also state that NFL owners are cheap. Their refusal to hire full time NFL ref's is all the proof anybody needs.

I am opposed to guaranteed contracts in the NFL for reasons I have already stated. I am in favor of any player getting as much money as they can, but once a player signs a contract the player needs to honor that and not whine about a deal they signed. The public/NFL fans are not going to sympathize at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Why?

Nailed. Owners sold "shorted lifespan" to protect their money, sell the new game and feel guilty for the way it was played.

Putting their life's on the line, when did they become Marines and Police Officers? Who's more important?
It's horseshit the media sold and people who don't have a clue bought into it. They're not the Coastguard, Steel Workers or Coal Miners. NFL PLAYERS are doing a job just like any other person on the planet, they get paid. No different then Actors too Production Workers looking for work. What's the difference between a working musician and an entertainer?

--------------------

Face it......Levi.

They're not playing for your entertainment, they're doing it for 13 million dollars to feed their family out of your pocket, you think they give a fuck about you're entertainment value? They hardly care about their team, passion or history of the sport let alone YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. I respect some of your views but talk about being smart with moronic comments.

Shorten lifespan.......Fucking please. Levi you don't know a thing about it because no one does. Talk to my doctors. CTE is a diag they know little about, add in how Players lead their life full of drugs and filling their body full of shit. Then look at the millions who have lead a full normal life after playing football.
I know people who've died from the same symptoms who never played sports, I've been diag' with the same shit but after 100+ years now if you play Professional Football it's, CTE, Code Red! Money!

We gave these guys a full ride scholarship all the way to playing WR for Dallas while he complains about 13 million dollars not being enough to feed his family when most can't afford to take a family to a game anymore.
He could have used his free ride to study and take an easy job, neither opportunity most of us had.

They're safer on the field then you're average person, it's only a big deal because they get paid 100 million dollar contracts, the owners who pay them and the fanatics who worship them.

They're overpaid young men getting to do the job of a lifetime, people who get paid an obnoxious amount to play a game hundreds of thousands play for free every day in this country and end up leading normal lives.

---------------

Fan's are fine with Football Players asking for 13 million dollars to feed their family...Yet an automotive worker wanting another $3 an hour to feed their family put's people in a riot.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:

Why?

"Dez Bryant should stop whining cause roofers make $15 an hour" is fucking retarded. If he thinks he can get more money, great, I hope he does. Same for a fucking roofer, shit shoveler, or worker in any other non-NFL profession.
I never said you did put players on a pedestal. Many do and it's the reason why contracts are outta control IMO..

Billionaire assholes. It's still their money fucktard.. I hope they don't pay him to be honest. But, they will, they have too. It's the "product" after all. It just sickens me how much these players make and then complain when oh a few million ain't enough.. Geeze.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bludegeon wrote:
Billionaire assholes. It's still their money fucktard.. I hope they don't pay him to be honest. But, they will, they have too. It's the "product" after all. It just sickens me how much these players make and then complain when oh a few million ain't enough.. Geeze.
So it sickens you that NFL players want more money. Yeah, you've said that already. What you haven't done is present a compelling argument for why they shouldn't get more money.

There's obviously plenty of money to go around, and the NFL owners are all billionaires who can afford to pay them. So what's the problem? Why are you opposed to NFL players getting paid market value?

Why does an NFL players' high salary piss you off, but you have no problem with the millions in profits the owners make?
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
So it sickens you that NFL players want more money. Yeah, you've said that already. What you haven't done is present a compelling argument for why they shouldn't get more money.

There's obviously plenty of money to go around, and the NFL owners are all billionaires who can afford to pay them. So what's the problem? Why are you opposed to NFL players getting paid market value?

Why does an NFL players' high salary piss you off, but you have no problem with the millions in profits the owners make?
I was disgusted how 13 million wasn't enough.. That's about it.. Some owners , like Jones, go broke first buying a team and he built it back up. Money earned. Players earn money as well, no doubt.. But, don't sit there whining because "13 million? How will I take care of my family? ".. Da fuck.. ????

The same way millions of blue collar workers do it Dez. By the skin of their fucking teeth..

13 million is more than enough IMO.. Let alone he has been at least getting the NFL minimum for years. What's that? 476k a year.? I also don't see the owners going.. "Shit, only a billion in profits this season? Damn, how will I take care of my family? "...
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bludegeon wrote: I also don't see the owners going.. "Shit, only a billion in profits this season? Damn, how will I take care of my family? "...

Well, that's only cause you don't read the papers whenever it's NFLPA contract negotiation time.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Gay marriage legal, confederate flags coming down in the South. I'd say the clock is ticking on that Redskins name.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Gay marriage legal, confederate flags coming down in the South. I'd say the clock is ticking on that Redskins name.
Don't even got there, I brought it up on the flag thread about where does it stop and it just made things worse.

I've been calling them the Washington Indians just so we don't offend anyone.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:Gay marriage legal, confederate flags coming down in the South. I'd say the clock is ticking on that Redskins name.
Don't even got there, I brought it up on the flag thread about where does it stop and it just made things worse.

It's the Washington Native American American Indian Americans, asshole.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote: I also don't see the owners going.. "Shit, only a billion in profits this season? Damn, how will I take care of my family? "...

Well, that's only cause you don't read the papers whenever it's NFLPA contract negotiation time.

Wait? Read the papers? Is that still legal? hahhahhahaa
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

It's the Washington Native American American Indian Americans, asshole.
Well fuck, someone better get on the horn to Cleveland.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Why does an NFL players' high salary piss you off

Albert Haynesworth 7-year, $100 million for 20 games and 6.5 sacks with the Skins

Adam Archuleta signed a six-year, $30 million deal in 2006, making him the highest-paid safety in NFL history to that point. Lasted one season but was demoted to special teams before the end of the season with the Skins.

Deion Sanders - seven-years, $56 million played one year 16 games for the Skins

Donovan McNabb -- five-years, $78 million one year with the skins

Brandon Lloyd - Skins, six-year deal worth $31 million ($10 million guaranteed). 25comp 379yds traded the nest year.

Jeff George - Redskins - four-year, $14.8 million contract to start seven games in two seasons, winning just one of them, before being released following an 0-2 start the nest season.

Mike Barrow, Jeremiah Trotter, Antwaan Randle El........

Johnny Manziel to JaMarcus Russell who rape teams and fans for the tens of thousands across America who play for free and the love of the game....The more greedy a player is the more it hurts the team and the fans, they sign a 5 year contract then complain after 2. They can't be coached, have their ass kissed and get away with murder.
When they hold out for more money it raises the market value for the next player in that position....All this hurts teams and fans as well.

If you built a business how would you like your employees to say, fuck you I'm holding out till you pay me more even tho I'm already under contract and have a dream job making millions of dollars to do something millions of people do for free and would kill to have his job.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:

Albert Haynesworth 7-year, $100 million for 20 games and 6.5 sacks with the Skins

Adam Archuleta signed a six-year, $30 million deal in 2006, making him the highest-paid safety in NFL history to that point. Lasted one season but was demoted to special teams before the end of the season with the Skins.

Deion Sanders - seven-years, $56 million played one year 16 games for the Skins

Donovan McNabb -- five-years, $78 million one year with the skins

Brandon Lloyd - Skins, six-year deal worth $31 million ($10 million guaranteed). 25comp 379yds traded the nest year.

Jeff George - Redskins - four-year, $14.8 million contract to start seven games in two seasons, winning just one of them, before being released following an 0-2 start the nest season.

Mike Barrow, Jeremiah Trotter, Antwaan Randle El........

Why would I blame a single one of these contracts on the players?

Smartly managed team with good owners don't make moves like this. The Redskins, obviously, aren't one of those teams. Again, the rich, moronic owner is the problem here, not the players.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Hardy's suspension reduced to 4 games.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Hardy's suspension reduced to 4 games.
Keep the violence off the field and at home where it belongs. Pathetic.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Why would I blame a single one of these contracts on the players?

Smartly managed team with good owners don't make moves like this. The Redskins, obviously, aren't one of those teams. Again, the rich, moronic owner is the problem here, not the players.
Ya, like the skin's are the only team who paid millions to a player that was hardly worth $8hr. You conveniently cut off Johnny Manziel and JaMarcus Russell from my quote.
So you don't have a problem with those signings? You're ok with Albert Haynesworth draining 7-year, $100 million for 20 games and 6.5 sacks and Adam Archuleta's highest paid worst safety in the NFL contract with the Skins? Those players wanted more money and they found the dollars in Washington. That money turned Washington into shit...But you're fine with that because the player got paid. For risking his life like he was in Iraq. Playing a sport millions have played for 100 years and walked away just fine.

I guess Drew Rosenhaus should win a humanitarian award for helping these players feed their families.

Anyway of Dez and add in D Thomas.....Exactly what I was talking about.

NFLPA claims Cowboys, Broncos may have colluded over Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas contracts
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/10/89309 ... acts-nflpa

Both players are haggling for long-term extensions after being handed franchise tags this offseason. The tag means both players will earn $12.823 million next season, making them some of the highest-paid receivers in the league. The tag comes with little security, however. Without extensions in place, Thomas and Bryant are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in 2016.

The two are roughly equivalent players, so it would make sense if the Broncos and Cowboys wanted to get together to discuss their situations. Bryant and Thomas should command similar deals when or if they are extended. The problem is that NFL teams are prohibited from making such contact. By discussing contract terms with one another, the Broncos and Cowboys could, in theory, artificially cap the market value of their wideouts.

****The tag means both players will earn $12.823 million next season, making them some of the highest-paid receivers in the league****

Making them some of the HIGHEST PAID in the league and their threatening to hold out including into the season....That hurts everyone! Ya Levi, they're playing for your entertainment.

And we're supposed to feel sorry for these guys. Redskin please!

-----------------------------------------------

Funny how I mentioned these greedy hold outs raise the market value that ends up screwing with the cap....That fucks with the team, teammates and fans. The NFL restricting the Broncos and Cowboys from talking to each other is bull shit. Especially with Rookies, fuck the top picks setting the table for the rest.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:

I have finally accepted that Goodell does not run the league. The owners pay him a very, very nice salary for playing the role of bad cop and taking the bullets.
Goodell is a puppet and does what he is told.

That being said, when will the Brady suspension decision finally be announced. I would be shocked if the suspension is upheld.
I heard Bob Ryan on the radio yesterday. His stance is Brady should be fined 100K and no suspension. Only because the situation is ridiculous.
I do not agree, the situation is serious. Will be fun to finally find out what will happen or not happen to The Golden Boy
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

I have finally accepted that Goodell does not run the league. The owners pay him a very, very nice salary for playing the role of bad cop and taking the bullets.
Goodell is a puppet and does what he is told.

That being said, when will the Brady suspension decision finally be announced. I would be shocked if the suspension is upheld.
I heard Bob Ryan on the radio yesterday. His stance is Brady should be fined 100K and no suspension. Only because the situation is ridiculous.
I do not agree, the situation is serious. Will be fun to finally find out what will happen or not happen to The Golden Boy
Goodell sure acts like puppet for the owners who does what he wants from time to time and this Brady thing is ridiculous. If Goodell drops the suspension "which he should along with the draft picks" then it's clear he's nothing but a barking dog to give the impression to the fans and the media that he's under control when he's really a crook.

If he don't drop the suspension he's clearly bi-polar who picks and chooses whatever he wants. There needs to be an oversight committee not attached to the NFL office to deal with suspensions like the NHL, except the NHL's is paid off and don't work either. The committee would work, it just can't be on the buddy system.

I agree, no way Goodell is running the NFL. Unless it's into the ground.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Utah
Goodell gets paid an enormous salary by the owners. Didn't he take home
over $20 million last year alone?
The NFL disciplinary system is flawed. Either give Roger complete control or like you said, hire an independent committee and have some structure as well.

How can someone be suspended X amount of games, only to have the penalty reduced over and over and over again?
The players, agents and fans never to take the initial suspension seriously.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote: Ya, like the skin's are the only team who paid millions to a player that was hardly worth $8hr. You conveniently cut off Johnny Manziel and JaMarcus Russell from my quote.
So you don't have a problem with those signings? You're ok with Albert Haynesworth draining 7-year, $100 million for 20 games and 6.5 sacks and Adam Archuleta's highest paid worst safety in the NFL contract with the Skins? Those players wanted more money and they found the dollars in Washington. That money turned Washington into shit...But you're fine with that because the player got paid. For risking his life like he was in Iraq. Playing a sport millions have played for 100 years and walked away just fine.

I guess Drew Rosenhaus should win a humanitarian award for helping these players feed their families.
You continue to make arguments about things I don't care about and haven't commented about.

I'll say it again as plainly and as simply as I possibly can.

I do not "feel sorry" for any NFL player in regards to salary.

I do not "feel sorry" for any owner stupid enough to pay the likes of Albert Hayensworth or Jamarcus Russel.

I do not feel sorry for any of them. There is plenty of money to go around in the NFL. The players have a right to try to milk as much money out of their careers as possible, just as the owners have the right to make any decision they want (cutting or trading players) to help their profits.

Why should I care about any of this? More relevant to your latest posts, why do YOU care?

Am I supposed to believe the Redskins would somehow be a better team if all of their players earned less money? Good teams can deal with the realities of NFL player salaries in 2015. Bad teams can't.

This truth is only about 25 years old.