The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:There is plenty of money to go around in the NFL. The players have a right to try to milk as much money out of their careers as possible. Why should I care about any of this? More relevant to your latest posts, why do YOU care?
Why do you care if your team wins or loses?

Why do I care? That's like asking why do I care if my team wins. For starters, greed, we pay their salary. Greedy players hurt a team along with a long list of issues you don't care about.
Would you like to be able to take your family to a game without mortgaging the house and that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's the ugly reality political money side of sports. Jump track for a second...

How about taxes and dirty money that go into these stadiums. The Marlins built a new stadium that will cost generations of taxpayers an estimated $2.4 billion, your grand children will be paying off. Full of corruption that's down right criminal and it's the people who suffer being a fan or not.

So ya, I care a bit, I have many issue with money when it comes to sports, the NFL, owners and players wanting more and more millions. You ask me why I care, for the 100th time it hurts my team and it effects everyone but lets start with Fucking with my teams chance to win.
Crazy Levi wrote:Am I supposed to believe the Redskins would somehow be a better team if all of their players earned less money? Good teams can deal with the realities of NFL player salaries in 2015. Bad teams can't.

This truth is only about 25 years old.
Outrageous contracts are the cause of hold out's and star free agents raise the bar making it harder to put together a team. It's also how players like Johnny Manziel and JaMarcus Russell can get away with virtually stealing millions and setting your team back years.
Yes the game is about managing money, working the cap and teams better at it have a better chance. Which comes back too...Again, when a player holds out and demands more it affects the team, league and fans so fuck um. Players nowadays can't make enough. It's not about the game anymore it's just a job and NFL players have a dream job where the money is out of control.
I can't buy a jersey because that player will demand more and be on another team in a couple years. Reason #253

------------------------

Stadiums
It's not just the Marlins, look in your wallet because it's costing YOU. Ask Jerry Jones.

Marlins Stadium short version
http://deadspin.com/5978964/the-real-co ... e-billions

Marlins Stadium long version - Reads like a crime story with drug money.
http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/inde ... pic=368112

John Oliver explains how billions of taxpayer dollars are wasted on professional sports stadiums
http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/13/89473 ... iums-video

"New York Giants fans will cheer on their team against the Dallas Cowboys at tonight's National Football League opener in New Jersey. At tax time, they'll help pay for the opponents' $1.2 billion home field in Texas.
That's because the 80,000-seat Cowboys Stadium was built partly using tax-free borrowing by the City of Arlington. The resulting subsidy comes out of the pockets of every American taxpayer, including Giants fans. The money doesn't go directly to the Cowboys' billionaire owner Jerry Jones. Rather, it lowers the cost of financing, giving his team the highest revenue in the NFL and making it the league's most-valuable franchise."

------------------------------------

The difference is, you put NFL players on a pedestal, you separate them from the rest of society while I view them as people with a dream job. Our views differ because we come from different backgrounds that's for sure.

Again, maybe it's because I spent a good portion of my life playing a sport these guys are holding out for millions when my last year cost me $1,500 as much as they make to take a shit and I'm supposed think they're value is worth more then a battalion of U.S. Marines and it's understandable to turn down 13 million for one year? Redskin Please!

------------------------------

Dez released a statement, if a long term isn't done by Wednesday he'll hold out of camp and games....A franchise tag that's worth 12.8 million dollars isn't enough. But he's fine with holding out of games that will cost him $752,000 each while fucking the team and fans.

Demaryius Thomas was offered a deal to be paid a lot higher then the 2nd highest paid receiver the Vikings Mike Wallace but D Thomas wants a deal more then Calvin Johnson 16+ Million....Especially after Peyton took a cut to build the team. If the math is right Thomas would be making more the Manning.

And you don't see an issue with that? I find it greedy, selfish and pathetic.

Dez and Thomas, great numbers, if it's about stats trade them to the Jets.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Not sure if anyone has brought this site up but another forum I visit did and I wanted to share this. I ordered 2 jerseys from them, the total came to 39.80 for a blue Cam Newton and black Luke Kuechly. I love them, they are heavy as a normal expensive jersey and I could not tell a difference in these and my overpriced ones. They ship from China but I got mine in around 12 days. They have football, hockey, etc.. Anyway, I thought some of you may be interested..

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?cat ... all+jersey
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

kylel wrote:Not sure if anyone has brought this site up but another forum I visit did and I wanted to share this. I ordered 2 jerseys from them, the total came to 39.80 for a blue Cam Newton and black Luke Kuechly. I love them, they are heavy as a normal expensive jersey and I could not tell a difference in these and my overpriced ones. They ship from China but I got mine in around 12 days. They have football, hockey, etc.. Anyway, I thought some of you may be interested..

Be careful. About 2 years or so ago these were all the rage. Since, the NFL has cracked down on these websites and the customers who purchase the jerseys.
I saw a report from the SB last year or the year before, where Federal Agents seized these jerseys from stores in New Orleans, the week of the SB.
There was a time when you saw these Jerseys on EBay selling for cheap, but I have read that those sellers were banned from EBay after ignoring warnings not to sell "fake" Jerseys on their site
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
kylel wrote:Not sure if anyone has brought this site up but another forum I visit did and I wanted to share this. I ordered 2 jerseys from them, the total came to 39.80 for a blue Cam Newton and black Luke Kuechly. I love them, they are heavy as a normal expensive jersey and I could not tell a difference in these and my overpriced ones. They ship from China but I got mine in around 12 days. They have football, hockey, etc.. Anyway, I thought some of you may be interested..

Be careful. About 2 years or so ago these were all the rage. Since, the NFL has cracked down on these websites and the customers who purchase the jerseys.
How is the NFL cracking down on customers of counterfeits?
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:

10 game suspension.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23921198
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... ke-jerseys
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Be careful. About 2 years or so ago these were all the rage. Since, the NFL has cracked down on these websites and the customers who purchase the jerseys.[/quote]

How is the NFL cracking down on customers of counterfeits?[/quote]

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23921198
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... ke-jerseys[/quote]

Per the article on espn

All this is just the tip of the iceberg, as an "Outside The Lines" investigation that will air Sunday has discovered. In the past couple of years, stopping counterfeiting has gotten more challenging as more websites, mostly coming out of China, have gone directly to the consumer. It is only a crime to sell counterfeit gear, not to buy it.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Dez just got paid. Guess he knew what he was doing, after all.
It’s a five-year, $70 million agreement with a $20 million signing bonus. Bryant will make $3 million more in salary for the 2015 season and $22 million more will become fully guaranteed in March 2016.

That’s not quite Calvin Johnson money, but the $14 million per year average and $45 million in guaranteed money slot Bryant in just behind Megatron on the list of wide receiver salaries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... m-cowboys/
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Dez just got paid. Guess he knew what he was doing, after all.
It’s a five-year, $70 million agreement with a $20 million signing bonus. Bryant will make $3 million more in salary for the 2015 season and $22 million more will become fully guaranteed in March 2016.

That’s not quite Calvin Johnson money, but the $14 million per year average and $45 million in guaranteed money slot Bryant in just behind Megatron on the list of wide receiver salaries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... m-cowboys/
He knew exactly what he was doing with the Cap that's gone up and Demarco Murray gone Dez knew he could soak them for every dime.....Well his agent did. Dallas looks pretty good headed into the season with that least place schedule and a corral of RB's they should take the East easy. Along with teams like the Niners, Saints, Lions and Panthers in question they just stepped up a notch in my book.

Seriously, pick 3 strong NFC teams going into the season. Dallas might be one of them with the problems the normally good teams are facing.

------------------------------------------

Thomas, Broncos strike 5-year deal at deadline

The Broncos have signed Demaryius Thomas to a five-year, $70 million deal that includes $43.5 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

-----------------------------------------

Curious...
How did you pay, paypal or another third party? I already have major problems with my numbers out there. 4-6 calls a day is annoying, of course I have a spam email for these types of purchases but giving my digits to China after what I've been though don't seem worth it. Every time I make a new purchase my US mail and phone calls go up.

Not to mention, everyone on my team leaves after a couple years so it's not like I have much of a choice for a favorite player. I'll have to wait till their contract comes up before I jump on a jersey.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Brady loses his appeal, Leveon Bell's suspension reduced from 3 to 2 games and Gurley passes his physical so he won't start the season on the PUP list.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAPoet wrote:Brady loses his appeal.
You mean the deflate-gate situation has not been decided yet? C'mon Tom, how much money did you spend on lawyers by now?

You cheated. You did something that is against the rules. You failed to hand over your cell phone for fear of implicating yourself.

Both Brady and NFL turned this case into something that is still being talked about months later. UNREAL!
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: The best part of the QB thing going on in Philly right now is that none of the jersey makers are putting either Bradford OR Tebow on the back of jerseys because nobody is sure if they will be there by training camp.
They would have to be really shitty when it comes to apparel marketing, if that was the case (when it comes to Tebow).

I suppose Nike doesn't qualify as a NFL jersey maker?

http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/Phi ... ame_Jersey
Currently the 16th best-selling NFL jersey.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ss ... cart_river
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:You cheated. You did something that is against the rules. You failed to hand over your cell phone for fear of implicating yourself
Like Ryan Braun refusing to answer questions about Aroid? Or the other 20 players refusing to talk about Aroid? Everyone knows Aroid was the juice pimp. Then the cheater Aroid gets a lifetime ban reduced, for a crime that's destroyed players and changed the history of the game. And you're on brady for a little air out of a ball? You're a hypocrite. If it was Romo you'd scream from roof tops it's not a big deal.

Because it's not a big deal. Goodell is pissed because he's spent millions on this investigation and hasn't even came up with a cum spot on a dress.
Brady didn't have to hand over his fucking cell phone. Everyone else already did. He don't have to cooperate to begin with but he answered all their questions and did everything else. Other players haven't cooperated at all and didn't get punished.

If your employer asked to go through your personal phone would you? Fuck no, I wouldn't let my boss dig into my personal shit. Brady was suspended without any evidence, yet Ray Rice played when they had evidence of him beating a woman in public? If that video never leaked out Rice would still be playing, that's a fucking crime.
Goodell is a crook. Letting Hardy beat his wife then reducing his suspension. But taking air out of a ball with zero evidence gets up a full suspension, losing draft picks and money. Something is wrong with this picture.

Roger Goodell- He's guilty because I think he is! Brady’s denials of involvement “were not credible.” How does he know? Prove him fucking wrong, guilty before proven innocent. Goodell, the NFL and the Owners are like a Mafia.

Truth of the matter is.....
The NFL PSI rule isn't fair to begin with, it's not equal to all players. Ask Dave Krieg. It favors players with large hands, hurts QB's with small hands and should be changed anyway. It's such a trivial issue when the league is dealing with drugs, spousal abuse and long term effects on players. Maybe Goodell is using this to divert attention from the real problems.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

cantstopthemusic wrote:
cantstopthemusic wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: The best part of the QB thing going on in Philly right now is that none of the jersey makers are putting either Bradford OR Tebow on the back of jerseys because nobody is sure if they will be there by training camp.
They would have to be really shitty when it comes to apparel marketing, if that was the case (when it comes to Tebow).

I suppose Nike doesn't qualify as a NFL jersey maker?

http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/Phi ... ame_Jersey
Currently the 16th best-selling NFL jersey.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ss ... cart_river
Shortly after it was announced that Teabow was headed to the Eagles I made a post a few pages back that showed Philly Tebow Jerseys were selling more then Romo's. Same with DeMarco's.

There's Jersey's out there but I personally can't say I've looked other then the list I read.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:You cheated. You did something that is against the rules. You failed to hand over your cell phone for fear of implicating yourself
Like Ryan Braun refusing to answer questions about Aroid? Or the other 20 players refusing to talk about Aroid? Everyone knows Aroid was the juice pimp. Then the cheater Aroid gets a lifetime ban reduced, for a crime that's destroyed players and changed the history of the game. And you're on brady for a little air out of a ball? You're a hypocrite. If it was Romo you'd scream from roof tops it's not a big deal.
Slow your roll chico. You are all over the place.
Goodell is not innocent. Common knowledge Goodell is a puppet for the owners and is taking all the bullets,while the owners grin and continue to make that money.
This Brady situation was handled poorly from the beginning. Much like the Ray Rice, Hardy and countless other situations have been handled poorly.
Last night I heard a radio talk show and a caller phoned to say that he has a friend who is an NFL official and the reputation Brady has is that he is a jerk and has under inflated the footballs for years.
That being said, if there is a rule in place regarding the PSI of a football, then either someone was not enforcing the rules on a consistent basis or someone was turning the other way.
Does not mean that Brady should get a pass. Fuck it! He was caught once again violating a rule and did himself more justice by "destroying his cell phone", so investigators could not find the truth.
Now why would Brady destroy a perfectly good phone? Ask yourself that question for a minute and try to convince anybody around here he is innocent.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Slow your roll chico. You are all over the place.
Goodell is not innocent. Common knowledge Goodell is a puppet for the owners and is taking all the bullets,while the owners grin and continue to make that money.
This Brady situation was handled poorly from the beginning. Much like the Ray Rice, Hardy and countless other situations have been handled poorly.
Last night I heard a radio talk show and a caller phoned to say that he has a friend who is an NFL official and the reputation Brady has is that he is a jerk and has under inflated the footballs for years.
That being said, if there is a rule in place regarding the PSI of a football, then either someone was not enforcing the rules on a consistent basis or someone was turning the other way.
Does not mean that Brady should get a pass. Fuck it! He was caught once again violating a rule and did himself more justice by "destroying his cell phone", so investigators could not find the truth.
Now why would Brady destroy a perfectly good phone? Ask yourself that question for a minute and try to convince anybody around here he is innocent.
I can buy and agree with most of that, it's clear Goodell is the problem and should be the head of a taco stand not the NFL.

Machado wrote:Now why would Brady destroy a perfectly good phone? Ask yourself that question for a minute and try to convince anybody around here he is innocent.
He shouldn't have to convince anyone. I thought you had to prove someone did something wrong. Goodell has spent millions and came up empty. He got everyone else's phone, total cooperation from the Pat's and still no evidence. This war is about the media, public opinion, pissing contest or something else. A player can be punished because Goodell say's, "I THINK" he did it? Brady's denial "was not credible."? That's fucked up.

If I knew someone was going ask for my phone I'd see if it could Blend then dump it in the sink.
Not that there's any illegal stuff but there's a lot of personal information from pictures and texts to numbers to passwords and things I wouldn't want people to know least of all my employer let alone the world.
Everyone talks differently off work...
If I was Brady I'd probably have personal texts calling Goodell a crooked ladyboy who fucks stuffed animals. But really, texts can be taken the wrong way because you're only reading one side of the conversation.

Brady went though his questioning and interview and the Pat's gave the NFL everything they wanted now it's you're suspended over not giving me your phone? And I'm taking drafts picks and cash? I can't say it enough, it's insane.

I don't care if Brady did do it, he probably did. But Goodell didn't prove he did. Even tho doctoring balls has been going on since the dawn of time. It's also the least offense I can think of but Brady got the same punishment as a failed drug test or a woman beater? Add that to how bad the team got hit. It's a brutal and don't fit the crime that was never proven.

Like you said, how about the Ravens having Rices tape and doing nothing about it? Not to mention the NFL knew about Rice and didn't investigate?

I find it bat shit fucking crazy to take away draft picks, money and suspend a player without evidence AND over the amount of air in a football! This shit it's personal or about something else. Goodell is probably blowing this up to hide something else because I can't believe it.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Bears number one pick on the PUP list and number 2 pick left practice yesterday dehydrated
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:Bears number one pick on the PUP list and number 2 pick left practice yesterday dehydrated
If you wan to celebrate a winner in Chicago, get the fuck out of town. Is not happening
in football or baseball in the near future.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Jim Irsay wants your prescription drugs :lol: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-stupid/
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

bane wrote:Jim Irsay wants your prescription drugs :lol: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-stupid/
:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that's some funny shit right there plus it's lil pp's big daddy so that even makes it funnier.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Aldon Smith arrested again for DUI and hit and run. The 49ers are lucky to win 3 games this year.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

AliceManson wrote:Aldon Smith arrested again for DUI and hit and run. The 49ers are lucky to win 3 games this year.
3rd dui, to go with weapons possession, saying he has a bomb at an airport in the recent past?? When do they drop the banhammer on this guy?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
He's done. You'll never see him in a game again.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

edith lee roth wrote:^
He's done. You'll never see him in a game again.
Just another extremely talented player, who could have had it all and been on top of the league, that became a joke instead of a legend.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

dtmfs wrote:
AliceManson wrote:Aldon Smith arrested again for DUI and hit and run. The 49ers are lucky to win 3 games this year.
3rd dui, to go with weapons possession, saying he has a bomb at an airport in the recent past?? When do they drop the banhammer on this guy?
49ERS are turning into the laughingstock of the NFL. This is comical. Could not have happened
to a better franchise that was under the impression they were on the verge of dominating the league for many years.
Fuck U Harbaugh
Fuck U #7
Fuck U 49ers management
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Machado wrote: Fuck U 49ers management
That's what 49ers fans say. If you hated them, you should love York and his yes men management.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl ... ocid=HPDHP

The COLTS!!!, what a classy organization.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

cantstopthemusic wrote:J-E-T-S ... Jets, Jets, Jets.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/8/1 ... i-released

Jets just caught a break. G. Smith is not a NFL quarterback
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Reason #348 why Brady would break his phone......So he wouldn't have to explain to his wife why Ben Affleck's nanny is wearing his SB rings on a plane to Vegas?

Reason #349 so leaked Affleck's nanny's photos wouldn't get Affleck divorced from Jennifer Garner.

Ben Affleck flew his nanny to Vegas with Tom Brady while his unsuspecting wife Jennifer Garner stay's home with the kids.....Meanwhile pictures of Affleck's nanny wearing Tom Brady's SB rings are leaked.

I bet they double teamed her while she was wide open in the flat.

As the host basically said, this is why sports players and someone like Brady would break their phone, one picture leaked and you're talking about a multi, multi million dollar divorce that follows.

The linked video is about Affleck, Brady and Nanny. The story is more Goodell vs Brady stuff. Judge say's work that shit out more before wasting my time.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... eflategate

Meanwhile Garner and Affleck announce their divorce....And Garner fires nanny! Maybe it's the other way around.....

Jennifer Garner Fired Nanny After Ben Affleck Took Her to Las Vegas With Tom Brady.
http://www.eonline.com/news/685254/jenn ... -tom-brady