Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
Seattle who? Nobody cares about that baseball team up in the Pacific Northwest. That town had "The Kid" and that resulted in how many rings? ZERO!
They have a following in WA. I go there often. They have a fanbase and the nicest park I've ever been to.

What they don't have is bandwagon support. You know like people that really really like the most popular teams in all sports, because their trite?

Yankees and Cowboys. You have to be the biggest tool I've ever come across and that's saying something.
FU Kill! You have the same weak post every baseball season. The problem with your theory is, I am still a fan when my favorite teams
don't do so well. I.E., the Yankees this year are not very good but I'm still here posting messages about baseball and the team.
Same goes for the Cowboys. Last two years have been terrible and for different reasons, but you don't see me changing my favorite
team because things are not going very well.
You on the other hand were a Red Sux fan, a SF Giants fan, probably a Mariners fans when they won 100 plus games over ten years ago and who knows
which baseball cap you have on right now. Might be Cubs or Nats or maybe even the O's, you P.O.S.!
I liked you better when you were a Red Sux fan only. Those were good posts.
The fuck? I've always been a SF fan. I'm from there. I've always been a Boston fan ( lived there ), they are my AL team. I pull for Seattle since I'm in the PNW, but have never called myself a fan.

The difference between you and I is I have history with my teams. I don't just pick the popular ones and jump aboard. I bet you were all about the Bulls when they had Jordan huh, Mr. New Yorker?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Who is the player responsible or which team started the awful trend of tearing off a player's jersey
when he delivers a walk of hit or drives in the winning run for a walk off win? RIDICULOUS!
One players today that I won't mention because he is nothing but a scrub, literally ripped his shirt
off and pranced around the field topless. WHO CARES! You did your job and everybody is supposed
to give you extra applause all of a sudden?
Then in the Cubs game, Lester gets the game winning suicide squeeze bunt and his teammates rip
his jersey off his back. WTF!!!
:roll:
Haven't seen that. Stupid.

Ortiz started the throw the helmet off after a walkoff. He said the team was hitting the helmet so hard he thought he was going to have a concussion. That's a legitimate excuse. It's lame how everyone does it now.

That fucking bullpen cost the King another win.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:Who is the player responsible or which team started the awful trend of tearing off a player's jersey
when he delivers a walk of hit or drives in the winning run for a walk off win? RIDICULOUS!
One players today that I won't mention because he is nothing but a scrub, literally ripped his shirt
off and pranced around the field topless. WHO CARES! You did your job and everybody is supposed
Then in the Cubs game, Lester gets the game winning suicide squeeze bunt and his teammates rip

Ortiz started the throw the helmet off after a walkoff. He said the team was hitting the helmet so hard he thought he was going to have a concussion. That's a legitimate excuse. It's lame how everyone does it now.

HAHA it was Ortiz huh? Fuck him and his PED abuse. That guy is getting off without being punished and if Manny Ramirez gave a shit, he would
sell Ortiz out and all the accolades that Ortiz has received to date would have to be returned.
Listen, if Clemens can have great years in the twilight of his career and also be suspected of PED use, well by all means someone like Ortiz
should suffer the same consequences.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

HAHA it was Ortiz huh? Fuck him and his PED abuse. That guy is getting off without being punished and if Manny Ramirez gave a shit, he would
sell Ortiz out and all the accolades that Ortiz has received to date would have to be returned.
Listen, if Clemens can have great years in the twilight of his career and also be suspected of PED use, well by all means someone like Ortiz
should suffer the same consequences.
Ortiz was only on the Mitchell Report because he tested clean and they didn't believe it. Is he using? I don't know. He's never been popped or had his name dropped.

Clemens had his best friend and former teammate say he was using. His trainer said he was using. His wife took HGH for the SI cover....that she got from Clemens' trainer.

He's far beyond being suspected of using. He's suspected in the same way Bonds is. Except Bonds admitted it, unknowingly.

I'm all for Ortiz getting flamed for PEDs if he used. So far there is zero evidence. The only cries about it are from butthurt Yankee fans.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs.

Matusz given his outright release.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Holy shit.

Josh Reddick and Rich Hill traded to Dodgers.

Marlins send Colin Rea back to SD after he was placed on DL ( elbow ) after one start.

Mariners claim IF Micheal Freeman from AZ. Designate Patrick Kivelehan.

Mets to acquire Jay Bruce from Reds.

Mariners close to landing Zach Cozart from Reds.

Chris Sale still on the table. Red Sox had late night talks to get him. Will cost their 3 best prospects. Any deal with LAD will require Puig.

*ETA

Bruce trade on hold because of medical concern with a minor leaguer going to Cincinnati.

SF gets LHP Will Smith from Brewers for P Phil Bickford and C Andrew Susac.

Rangers get Carlos Beltran from MFY. Dillon Tate going back and Brian Cashman gets to try his hand at a Gene Micheal-esque rebuild. Word around the Bronx is the fanbase is stoked on them rebuilding. So them losing support ( which is Georgie Peorgie Jr.s' biggest fear ) doesn't seem too likely.

*ETA II

Rangers acquire Jonathan Lucroy from Brewers.

MFY trade Ivan Nova to the Pirates.

Rays get Duffy ( not happy about losing the Anti-Fat Panda, fan favorite ), Fox, and Santos for LHP Matt Moore from SF.

Francisco Liriano to Jays.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Dodgers to send Puig to minors Tuesday! They informed him don't bother showing up to the park, if they can't trade him he'll be demoted......Exactly what he needs. Work for that shit, lose the attitude and get some fire back or move on.

--------

The soon to be WS Champs 2016 CUBS will look good come the finish line, as for the wife beater.......
"Cubs pay a heavy price for Aroldis Chapman, on and off the field...The Chicago Cubs have been in the market for a premium reliever for a while now, and the New York Yankees had three of the best in baseball, so it seemed likely that the two sides came together on a deal. The Cubs get a mixed result here with the acquisition of Aroldis Chapman at a high cost in players and reputation, while the Yankees come out golden, as if they'd arbitraged Chapman at his lowest value in December and traded him when his market improved."

Have the Yankees hit .500 yet? No reason to talk about them other than they didn't buy everyone this year? They actually SOLD while the Cubs and Indians pulled an NYY. I'm enjoying their losing season.
The Yankees are saying, "Wait 'til next year." Or, "Wait 'til whenever we can finish clearing about $7 billion in ugly contracts off our payroll."

--------

1hr ago, No Sale: Red Sox putting their faith in players they already have.

-------

I'm guessing Sale's will fetch better in the off season for farm and plug n play players. I've wanted him in lAD for years but I think the cost will be too high.

------

GO Tribe, like to see the M's make a run but I'm not hopeful they will.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote:Cruz, Canó, and Lee with some nice homers for the M's so far tonight.

Kemp seems like a sound signing for the Braves, too.
I'd love to see the M's in the playoffs and like KILL said watch the King in action but as mention I still don't see it happening. If they do I'll be rooting for them. Tribe and the M's are about the only AL teams I like.

-----------------------

I'm not a Braves fan, I hate that stupid fucking chant is all....But secretly I root for Kemp even if I should hate him. In 2011 Kemp is supposed to be the top player in baseball, signs the largest Dodger and NL contract in history "8 years 160 million" and immediately gets injured, never to return to form and still haunts the Dodgers.
Still I'd like to see him get somewhat healthy, put together a few good seasons and be a name again. He should be good for Atlanta....

I doubt LAD is off the hook with Kemp going to Atlanta. Last I checked the Dodgers is still and will be paying Kemp into 2019! :lol:

2015: $18 million ($3 million on the first of every month April through August)
2016 $3,500,000
2017 $3,500,000
2018 $3,500,000
2019 $3,500,000

The $3.5 million each year from 2016-2019 is paid $600,000 on the first of each month April through August, followed by $500,000 on Sept 1.

Paying $32 million for a player who hasn't played for you since 2014. I wonder if Kemp smiles when he opens his mail. GO KEMP!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Crazy trades yesterday.

The word still is Mr. Yankee *rod will be released.

That is hysterical. Fuck, I hope it happens.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Crazy trades yesterday.

The word still is Mr. Yankee *rod will be released.

That is hysterical. Fuck, I hope it happens.
WHAT?????? NO RETIREMENT TOUR?????

NO CRYING ON THE MOUND????

Maybe they could have an Aroid night, give out free needles and extra big bobble heads with a bb sized nutsack.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I was wondering what you thought about losing Duff... 8)
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:I was wondering what you thought about losing Duff... 8)
That dude was a fan favorite, he and his obese cat, especially with the way things ended with Fat Panda ( still can't believe the Boston contract. It's worse than Ellsbury an NY ). The odds Duffy's rookie season will be his best are pretty high. With Arroyo coming up he's expendable.

Jake Peavey to the bullpen.

Yaisel Puig not only demoted to minors, he was placed on waivers. LAD really don't like that guy.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:I was wondering what you thought about losing Duff... 8)
That dude was a fan favorite, he and his obese cat, especially with the way things ended with Fat Panda ( still can't believe the Boston contract. It's worse than Ellsbury an NY ). The odds Duffy's rookie season will be his best are pretty high. With Arroyo coming up he's expendable.

Jake Peavey to the bullpen.

Yaisel Puig not only demoted to minors, he was placed on waivers. LAD really don't like that guy.
Duff came as a surprise.

I don't agree with waiving Puig, he's still young and could have went to the farm and worked shit out then who knows. Every Dodger game I watched there was by far more Puig jersey's in the stands then all others combined. Kind of sickening.

Like Duff, Puig may never reach his rookie year either but Puig did almost single handily spark that team to that record setting blazing June to September run into the playoffs where they beat up the Braves then lost to the Cards.....I think. Still don't like not giving him a chance to be humbled and learn on the farm with his talent unless team doctors see a long term injury that's not being talked about.
Other that being a headcase but he's been proven to have chilled out.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Sweet Jesus. Tonight was a debacle in Philly. Bum spots the Phils a 6 run lead, Giants come back and the bullpen coughs it up. I'm hoping this is the last season of Romo.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAPoet wrote:Sweet Jesus. Tonight was a debacle in Philly. Bum spots the Phils a 6 run lead, Giants come back and the bullpen coughs it up. I'm hoping this is the last season of Romo.
I think Bumgarner is feeling fatigued. Romo can't pitch to LHHs. They have a brutal post ASB schedule.

As for Puig and Duffy. Duffy is a glove first, small bat player. When Arroyo comes up next season he was going to be the odd man out anyway. The Giants have wanted Moore for a bit and Tampa has always liked Duffy. The only way that was happening was to trade Duffy. Moore switched from #55 to #45. Saying Lincecum meant so much in SF that he couldn't wear his number.

Now onto Puig I read that he was on waivers but I haven't heard anything else about it. Maybe he's not. There is something going on with the guy. I don't get it. Injuries have hit him post rookie season, but he seems to have lost "it." Maybe he needs a change of scenery. He was such a lightning bolt and they couldn't trade him now. I wonder what the word around the game is about him.

Have pitchers figured him out? Is he still a cancer? Is playing through another injury? Does he have halitosis?

Helluva come back by Seattle against Boston. Price was dealing and Cano took Abad deep for a 3 run shot in the 8th. Cano seems happy in the NW. Plus Diaz looks like a good closer. Seattle's biggest issue was their bullpen. I want to see them do well, but I can't see them catching either TX teams.

*ETA

Utah, word is is that Greinke is going to pitch for Reno against the Salt Lake Bees Wednesday night. FYI if it's near you.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAPoet wrote:Sweet Jesus. Tonight was a debacle in Philly. Bum spots the Phils a 6 run lead, Giants come back and the bullpen coughs it up. I'm hoping this is the last season of Romo.
I read this, must have been a good game!
SF is still dropping games but so is LAD after a starter and bullpen belting from the Rockies yesterday. Oh well, SF will get hot down the stretch and the Dodgers will stumble like usual....Usual not being the last 4 years or so.

"Unruly Phillies fan ejected by ump
The announcers are at a loss for how a fan can get ejected, but this guy at the Phillies-Giants game somehow succeeds, getting tossed by plate umpire Bob Davidson."

I liked the video, ump calls time, walks over and say's.....Yer outta here! That's a blow hard Giants fan for ya and the game was even on the road. Giants fans = Barry Bonds!

:wink:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Utah, word is is that Greinke is going to pitch for Reno against the Salt Lake Bees Wednesday night. FYI if it's near you.
DUDE! thanks for the heads up, sucks I only have a day's notice but I'll be looking into this.

I use to go to Bee's games all the time then I switched to LAD's farm the Raptors Rookie A Ball where I met Prince Fielder as a pudgy kid and his dad......"A year before the Dodgers bought the team". Both are nice fairly new little stadiums with good mountain views if anyone is in UT, I love farm games as much as MLB games.

The longest ball I've ever seen blasted was with a breeze going out and Eddie Murray hit one over the wall, over my head, over the concession stand and over two fences and kept going.....I don't think there's a laser or tape that could measure the distance.
I regret to this day not going after it.....Still one of my favorite players From the O's to LA, it don't matter. Such a low key professional.

I'm looking at tix's now and sending out early texts to see if anyone is down...I'd like to heckle Zack.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

I was watching the M's/2016 Champion Cubs game on Sunday night. Diaz's Good Morning/Good Afternoon/Good Night pitch sequence vs Addison Russell was impressive. Wondered how long before he closes with Cishek tanking games.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:Utah, word is is that Greinke is going to pitch for Reno against the Salt Lake Bees Wednesday night. FYI if it's near you.
I'm looking at tix's now and sending out early texts to see if anyone is down...I'd like to heckle Zack.
Greinke is known for his talent at handling crowds and pressure. Should be good.

Kershaw moved to 60 day DL. Earliest he could return is August 27.

* ETA

NL HR leader Trevor Story possibly done for season ( thumb ).
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mark Texiera announces retirement at the end of season. I think he did it amid rumors they were gonna straight up cut him.

Is it too late for a retirement tour or is it tacky to have two going on at the same time? Is Horseface just going to gallop away into the sunset quietly?

*ETA

Nate Schierholz suspended 80 games for PEDs.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Mark Texiera announces retirement at the end of season. I think he did it amid rumors they were gonna straight up cut him.

Is it too late for a retirement tour or is it tacky to have two going on at the same time? Is Horseface just going to gallop away into the sunset quietly?
This was the right time for Tex to hang up the spikes. His body has been failing him of late. He announced earlier this season he wanted
to play another 5 years, but I think he woke up and realized that was never going to happen.
Good for him! Now that means guys like Greg Bird or Tyler Austin have a chance to be the Yankees 1st baseman in 2017 + beyond.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Bummer regarding Story. He's a hall of a story.

There's an awful lot of blue shirts in Oakland today.

My favorite sign I've seen so far is "Hey Oakland! Thanks for Addison Russell!"

I'm Oakland.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Mark Texiera announces retirement at the end of season. I think he did it amid rumors they were gonna straight up cut him.

This was the right time for Tex to hang up the spikes. His body has been failing him of late. He announced earlier this season he wanted
to play another 5 years, but I think he woke up and realized that was never going to happen.
Good for him! Now that means guys like Greg Bird or Tyler Austin have a chance to be the Yankees 1st baseman in 2017 + beyond.
The more that has come out says he wanted to continue playing, but wont unless it's NY. He's made enough money. He's just going to be put out to pasture now.
johnk5150 wrote:Bummer regarding Story. He's a hall of a story.

I'm Oakland.
Yep. The bandwagon is strong.

I really want to see Billy win a championship. What that guy did is nothing short of amazing. The same way I want to see Theo succeed in Chicago, but Beane lost his mind the last couple of seasons.

They gave up way too much for Lester. Let Donaldson go ( there has to be truth to the whole cancer thing because come on. Manny was a cancer. Deal with it ), trading Russell, trading Reddick...

I think the being a cutting edge GM thing has driven him mad.

That could be a good movie/book actually. 'How Moneyball Drove A Man To Insanity.' Starring Adam Sandler and the fat kid from Superbad.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Tim Lincecum DFA after 9 starts. Timmy is one of those players that everyone seems to like. Bummer.

Justus Sheffield just had 11K for Class A Tampa. Cleveland better go far this year. They gave up a lot.
The analysis by Keith Law on Clint Frazier is aside from his remarkable bat is that now he has pitch recognition and has cut his K rate in half. Heller ( AAA ) is consistently hitting 98 and has a huge curve. He could be called up this season.

Cashman made the team with biggest joke of farm in baseball one of the top 3. The more I'm hearing about their prospects, the more this is looking like their 90s build. Fuck.

Oakland A's long time strength and conditioning coach Micheal Henriques suspended for installing hidden camera in A's weight room. Beane says "his intentions were good, but his judgement wasn't." :lol: He says he did it to observe player's discipline and habits rehabbing injuries. My ass. Fap, fap, fap.

There's some perverted shit going on in Oakland. Must be the spill over from Raider Nation.

Ken Griffey Jr.'s number to be retired in Safeco tonight.

And fuck the Yankees. It's been a while since I've said that.

*ETA

*rod announces a press conference on Monday. I'll bet he's going to retire. Like Horseface the MFY brass was going to cut him. I bet this was to let them save face.

I really wanted to see him actually cut. He seems so fucking fragile.

I just watched the Jr. number retirement ceremony. I really wish I had more time I would have been there. Ricky Henderson was there, Tony Perez was there, Kobe Bryant and Jeff Gordon ( the fuck? The dude that makes 4 left turns for 8 hours cheered on by idiots? ) made a video appearance. All wear/wore 24. Also the greatest 24 of all time Willie Mays did a video appearance too. Jr. called him after.

They should be showing it again later. Check it out.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

A Rod may be quitting tomorrow.

$tevil
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

His last game will be August 12th and then he will be released but remain with the team as a consultant or some shit.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

johnk5150 wrote:Bummer regarding Story. He's a hall of a story.

In Oakland .

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:A Rod may be quitting tomorrow.
nah, just forced out. in the end I think the situation resolved itself quite well. everybody seems to save face,
ARod gets the money he deserves and the Yankees get that roster spot they covet so much.
sad day when a great MLB player is retiring. ARod has put up hall of fame numbers but he has his critics and rightfully so.
his terrific season in 2015 was great to see but no matter how hard he trained, it was not going to happen again this year &
certainly won't happen in 2017
time for Arod to leave the game since he can't play at a high level. father time wins once again.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:A Rod may be quitting tomorrow.
nah, just forced out. in the end I think the situation resolved itself quite well. everybody seems to save face,
ARod gets the money he deserves and the Yankees get that roster spot they covet so much.
sad day when a great MLB player is retiring. ARod has put up hall of fame numbers but he has his critics and rightfully so.
his terrific season in 2015 was great to see but no matter how hard he trained, it was not going to happen again this year &
certainly won't happen in 2017
time for Arod to leave the game since he can't play at a high level. father time wins once again.
I disagree with you. Sure he was very talented. He looked like the second coming in Seattle.

He is a disgrace to the game though and players like he need to get the fuck out. He should have had a lifetime ban IMO. I'll bring up another Yankee, Andy Pettite. When he was popped he straight up said "I messed up. Sorry."

Not this deny, deny, deny, bribery shit *rod did. The man is a disgrace to the game.

Pettite handled it with the class the Yankees claim to have. I can't think of a player that personifies NYY more than *rod now though.
Cooperkill
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Cooperkill »

Happy trails, scumbag.
"I was born with a chip on my shoulder on a stormy night."