The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Facedown »

Pats get their pound of flesh as main attack target Mike Kensil has been re-assigned.

Brady added Theodore B. Olson to his legal team. He has argued before the Supreme Court 62 times, winning more than 75 percent of them.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Well, the douche doesn't fall too far from the bag, apparently.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ray ... li=BBnbfcL
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Welp, Dallas already fucked up.. Fucking idiots..
I knew Jones would jump all over Jaylon....Jones Davis Jr.

Welcome to the Raiders 2013 12th overall pick in the first round - D.J. HAYDEN!

Hayden's 2012 Senior year in practice before the 10th game he suffered a season-ending (and life-threatening) injury. He collided with a safety in a passing drill where the safety's knee struck DJ in his chest.

High Risk High Reward.........Hasn't done shit but sit on the IR or get burned on the field. Another great 1st round "12th!!!!!!!!!!!!" High Risk No Reward Pick.

------------

I wouldn't have taken Jaylon Smith before the 5th. Those awesome skills after a tore ACL and MCL with more importantly possible nerve damage? Everyone I pulled up, almost every Red Shirt NFL player didn't make an impact or hasn't yet. But Jaylon blew that knee up and Dallas needs help on D NOW.

Romo isn't getting younger. Bad pick, they should be drafting like they have a small window not drafting players to sit on the bench for a year and hope they produce.

If I was a Dallas fan I'd be pissed.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

The Ravens have 8 picks today - 5 4th round picks, a 5th round pick and 2 6th rounders
The Browns also have 8 picks today - 4 4th round picks, 3 5th round picks, no 6th round choice and a 7th
The Steelers have 4 picks today - a 4th, no 5th, a compensatory 6th and 2 7th round picks
The Bengals also have 4 picks today - a 4th, a 5th, a 6th and a 7th

The AFC North will have 11 of 41 picks in the 4th round

If the Browns don't trade anymore today, they'll have 13 picks, almost a complete draft for two teams.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Welp, Dallas already fucked up.. Fucking idiots..
I knew Jones would jump all over Jaylon....Jones Davis Jr.

Welcome to the Raiders 2013 12th overall pick in the first round - D.J. HAYDEN!

Hayden's 2012 Senior year in practice before the 10th game he suffered a season-ending (and life-threatening) injury. He collided with a safety in a passing drill where the safety's knee struck DJ in his chest.

High Risk High Reward.........Hasn't done shit but sit on the IR or get burned on the field. Another great 1st round "12th!!!!!!!!!!!!" High Risk No Reward Pick.

------------

I wouldn't have taken Jaylon Smith before the 5th. Those awesome skills after a tore ACL and MCL with more importantly possible nerve damage? Everyone I pulled up, almost every Red Shirt NFL player didn't make an impact or hasn't yet. But Jaylon blew that knee up and Dallas needs help on D NOW.

Romo isn't getting younger. Bad pick, they should be drafting like they have a small window not drafting players to sit on the bench for a year and hope they produce.

If I was a Dallas fan I'd be pissed.
I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and I am not upset at all. The team did great by drafting the RB from Ohio St. He is a plug in player, can play all 3 downs and he will hopefully
be a force with the ball. Plus, his ability to block just might help Romo's collarbone from snapping again.
Drafting the LB from Notre Dame was a bold move. Might have been helped by the fact the Dallas Cowboys doctor performed the surgery on that damaged knee. Could be he knows the player has X amount of chance to make it back onto the field after a redshirt year. Huge risk and without risk there is no reward. I think the team feels great about drafting the RB in Round 1, so they were able to take a chance with the next pick.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Of course you aren't upset, you don't understand football. Dallas didn't need a running back. They were just fine last year running the ball even without Romo to give the threat of a passing game. Dallas needed help in the secondary and one of the best defensive backs to come out in years was sitting there for the taking and they let him go to Jacksonville.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Gritt wrote:Of course you aren't upset, you don't understand football. Dallas didn't need a running back. They were just fine last year running the ball even without Romo to give the threat of a passing game. Dallas needed help in the secondary and one of the best defensive backs to come out in years was sitting there for the taking and they let him go to Jacksonville.
Completely agree Gritt..

I still wish they could've got a QB with some future hopefully. I know they drafted a QB.. And, hopefully his DUI shit won't come back to haunt them. hahahh...

Jones, as mentioned by Utah.. Jones is Davis #2... It is so pathetic..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:Of course you aren't upset, you don't understand football. Dallas didn't need a running back. They were just fine last year running the ball even without Romo to give the threat of a passing game. Dallas needed help in the secondary and one of the best defensive backs to come out in years was sitting there for the taking and they let him go to Jacksonville.
oh really? go look at the stats last year. of course this team needs a RB. a complete running back that is geared to play all 3 downs. he can run, catch and block. why not pull the trigger on that
player when the DE they truly wanted was picked earlier in the round.
the most running TD's Dallas had in '15 was 4 and that player is not on the team anymore. McFadden only had 3 rushing TD's. that is a poor number and that needs to be improved on greatly.
i'm not saying the RB was their #1 choice of the day, but the player fell to the team when their #1 need was no longer available.
that DB from FSU, well the jury is still out on him. he had what, 3 INT's his entire college career. that's not a lot to brag about. i was not 100% sold on him and that was a good reason not to be.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
oh really? go look at the stats last year. of course this team needs a RB. a complete running back that is geared to play all 3 downs. he can run, catch and block. why not pull the trigger on that
the most running TD's Dallas had in '15 was 4 and that player is not on the team anymore. McFadden only had 3 rushing TD's. that is a poor number and that needs to be improved on greatly.
i'm not saying the RB was their #1 choice of the day, but the player fell to the team when their #1 need was no longer available.
that DB from FSU, well the jury is still out on him. he had what, 3 INT's his entire college career. that's not a lot to brag about. i was not 100% sold on him and that was a good reason not to be.
Once again, you show you know nothing. Ramsey had very interceptions because teams were scared to throw at him. Last I checked, guys like Richard Sherman and Deion Sanders didn't always put up big interception numbers because they were never challenged.

With Romo and Dez returning, the run game would have taken care of itself. They needed help in the secondary where they are very weak.

You're insufferably stupid.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:
Once again, you show you know nothing. Ramsey had very interceptions because teams were scared to throw at him. Last I checked, guys like Richard Sherman and Deion Sanders didn't always put up big interception numbers because they were never challenged.

With Romo and Dez returning, the run game would have taken care of itself. They needed help in the secondary where they are very weak.

You're insufferably stupid.
Anyway, in his college career, Neon Deion had about a dozen INT's. So there you go! Take that for what it is worth. Go ahead, run with the stats and defend your boy.

Have you thought for a minute that maybe a stronger running game will actually help the defense??? Just something to ponder.
All this is bar talk because I don't see any NFL games on the schedule this weekend. All this talk is just that. Let's get the season underway, see who is on the roster
and play the games.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dallas has always had an offense and look where it's got them. They got 1,000+ from McFadden then added Morris and now Ezek? Before that they had that one "GUY" who ran for a ton of yards so what's Ezekiel going to do that DeMarco and the others didn't? Ezekiel will be running wild they'll be missing a guy like Ramsey or a LB or DE they could plug in this year an play. They didn't draft anyone on D that's going to have an impact this season. Jaylon Smith will be a DJ Hayden, either way, they needed D now not next year. And that's hoping.

At the same time.....
Dallas almost couldn't pass up Ezekiel, he's one of those RB's who could be around a long time but you can pick up RB's and WR's anywhere, top CB's are hard to find.
Romo's one hit, one more year from being DONE and what will Dallas be left with, Ezekiel and a poor Defense. Being a Husker fan, DE Collins in the 3rd will probably get you a bench player who should have been a 4th or 5th RD. Dallas has pretty much always had a good offense with ROMO, picture if they had a D instead of making all their moves and high contracts to beef up their offense.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Utah And Gritt.

Agree with both of you about Dallas.

It isn't really that hard to understand. Well, I guess for some , it is.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:Dallas has always had an offense and look where it's got them. They got 1,000+ from McFadden then added Morris and now Ezek? Before that they had that one "GUY" who ran for a ton of yards so what's Ezekiel going to do that DeMarco and the others didn't? Ezekiel will be running wild they'll be missing a guy like Ramsey or a LB or DE they could plug in this year an play. They didn't draft anyone on D that's going to have an impact this season. Jaylon Smith will be a DJ Hayden, either way, they needed D now not next year. And that's hoping.

At the same time.....
Dallas almost couldn't pass up Ezekiel, he's one of those RB's who could be around a long time but you can pick up RB's and WR's anywhere, top CB's are hard to find.
Romo's one hit, one more year from being DONE and what will Dallas be left with, Ezekiel and a poor Defense. Being a Husker fan, DE Collins in the 3rd will probably get you a bench player who should have been a 4th or 5th RD. Dallas has pretty much always had a good offense with ROMO, picture if they had a D instead of making all their moves and high contracts to beef up their offense.
Utah-
You make some valid points and you also shared opinions I disagreed with. That being said, does it really matter? We can all go on and on about which player a team should have picked and there is no telling
who will be right at the end of the day.
Yes, McFadden rushed for 1,000 and Murray had a monster season before he decided to leave. But the running game did not score many TD's. Insert Ezekiel and perhaps he can add to that number and be a legit threat
when the teams needs to score.
Dallas wanted to get Bosa, but he was off the board, so you move onto plan B. IMO, Ezekiel is not a bad Plan B.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Utah-
You make some valid points and you also shared opinions I disagreed with. That being said, does it really matter? We can all go on and on about which player a team should have picked and there is no telling
who will be right at the end of the day.
Yes, McFadden rushed for 1,000 and Murray had a monster season before he decided to leave. But the running game did not score many TD's. Insert Ezekiel and perhaps he can add to that number and be a legit threat
when the teams needs to score.
Dallas wanted to get Bosa, but he was off the board, so you move onto plan B. IMO, Ezekiel is not a bad Plan B.
Last years stats are useless other then they proved they can run anyone behind that line with or without the threat of ROMO.

The running game not scoring TD's had more to do with their play calling and the lack of ROMO. You watched the games, they'd get inside the red zone and think it was the pass zone. They've done it for years, unless they got a 10yd to 20yd running TD Dallas was still passing in the red...Fade to Dez, Witten over the middle....But, last year had a NO ROMO or Dez factor. D's could load the front knowing they wasn't always going to be tested so last years stats are ROMOless......Useless to go by.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Peter King was the speaker at my Nieces' collage graduation yesterday. Didn't think he would mention it but when the crowd started chanting "Free Brady" he responded with "I can't help you with that".
Talking about motivation and persistence and using Brady, Warner and someone from the Jets as examples, he went into "If Brady is suspended for 4 games, which I don't thing he should be...."
Easy way to get a crowd on your side.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

DP
Last edited by Facedown on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

RIP Buddy Ryan. Your players loved you.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

johnk5150 wrote:RIP Buddy Ryan. Your players loved you.

Said no past Dallas Cowboys Player ever.. :D

But, RIP to Buddy.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:

But, RIP to Buddy.
When I think of Buddy Ryan, I think about "the bounty game" vs Dallas. The Cowboys kicker, was a former Eagle kicker and Buddy put out a bounty
on that player. I think his name was Tony Zendejas. In the game an Eagles player planted a vicious hit on Tony and that only added to the rivalry
between Philly/Dallas. Turns out Dallas go the last laugh because the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls in the 90's, Philly won zero.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:

But, RIP to Buddy.
When I think of Buddy Ryan, I think about "the bounty game" vs Dallas. The Cowboys kicker, was a former Eagle kicker and Buddy put out a bounty
on that player. I think his name was Tony Zendejas. In the game an Eagles player planted a vicious hit on Tony and that only added to the rivalry
between Philly/Dallas. Turns out Dallas go the last laugh because the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls in the 90's, Philly won zero.
He coached a Bears team in 85 that beat your Cowboys by 44. No bounty involved. He never won a playoff game as a head coach. He won an awful lot as a coordinator. And he invented that defense because the players weren't very good. Once the Bears players started coming in. Holyfuckingshit was it a fun defense to watch.

$tevil
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:
He coached a Bears team in 85 that beat your Cowboys by 44. No bounty involved. He never won a playoff game as a head coach. He won an awful lot as a coordinator. And he invented that defense because the players weren't very good. Once the Bears players started coming in. Holyfuckingshit was it a fun defense to watch.
His quote about Philly's offense was "Offense? Our offense is that Randall (Cunningham) makes five plays and we win". Statistically Philly's defense in 1990 (I think that was the year) was one of the best of all time. However, their lack of offensive strategy got exposed in the playoffs during his time there.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Andrew Luck signs a 6yr/140m extension with 87m guaranteed making him the highest paid player in the NFL.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:

But, RIP to Buddy.
you mean Ditka coached the team, Buddy was the D-Coordinator. The "BOUNTY" game was Philly @Dallas. Buddy ate shit from Jimmy and Aikman several years later.
When I think of Buddy Ryan, I think of that dominating Bears D that won the SB. I also think about how that team was a 1 hit wonder.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

What is this I'm hearing about Isaah Crowell and an Instagram post?

$tevil
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

johnk5150 wrote:What is this I'm hearing about Isaah Crowell and an Instagram post?
Over a week old news.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Finally choked down the movie Concussion. Will's accent was harsh, the cast was weak and overall boring. It's almost a blind story that left out so much information while misleading facts made it even worse to accept. Not to say it didn't have any substance but it was more of a dragging scare tactic. It's movies like this that can paint a wrong picture to viewers. More Hollywood than factual I'm sure some people bought into.

I heard it was a good show but was left disappointed and sleepy.

Speaking of concussions, New Concussion Protocol Violation Discipline Includes Loss Of Draft Picks.

---------------------------------

NFL reinstates Josh Gordon of Cleveland Browns from indefinite suspension on conditional basis. I wonder if they have his bags already packed or is he going to carry the team on his back. If he has any game left to carry.

----------------------------------------------

Report: Le’Veon Bell Missed Drug Tests Due To Changed Phone Number :D
four-game suspension if his appeal isn't overturned.......DERP! That whole, I got a new phone didn't work so well for Brady. I'm sure Bell will get dropped to two if not a pass.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Jet's and Ryan Fitzpatrick = stalemate
They seem to thin Geno can do it. I'm sure there are a number of teams that would give Fitz a try. If I was the JETS I wouldn't give him the moon either.

-------------------------------------------------
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NFL Team Names & Logos: Worst to Best

1. Washington: Your real name can’t even be mentioned on the site. I choose to call you the Stink Bugs today. That’s the worst name I’ve ever heard.

2. Browns: There’s a reason God made poo brown. Cleveland knows it too. That’s why their jerseys aren’t even brown-colored.

3. Texans: It’s a little too on the nose. You’re from Houston; you’re automatically “Texans.” You don’t see Boston teams calling themselves “the Douchebags”.

4. Chiefs: You’re treading dangerously close to Washington territory. That arrowhead isn’t helping.

5. Colts: You’re doing fine with the name. But you made the logo the least exciting part of a horse: the foot. Actually, you made it the footwear. That’s like if the Eagles made their logo a cracked shell.

6. Chargers: Your team name reminds me of my credit card debt. I hold that against you.

7. Cardinals: Cardinals seem like a nice bird. Arizona seems like a nice organization. “Nice” doesn’t win championships. “Nice” gets you blown out 49-15 in the NFC Championship, apparently.

8. Steelers: I like what Pittsburgh has done as a city, making all their pro teams black and gold (see the Pirates and Penguins). But modeling your helmets off a logo for a steel-producing trade association is like modeling your dinner off a chain of amino acids.

9. Ravens: If there’s one thing ravens are known for, it’s heraldic crests. Nevermore.

10. Bills: The whats? Why isn’t your logo, like, a stack of Benjamins?

11. 49ers: I’m fine with number-names, generally. But you backed yourself into a logo-corner with a gold-rush themed name. I see why you went with the letters “SF”. What else would you use? A sieve? A pan? Colin Kaepernick missing his chosen exploration site by 15 feet?

12. Titans: Tennessee drops the ball in the logo department. “Titans” has so much potential. They could have Atlas toting the rock or Uranus, like, lined up under center. Wink wink.

13. Cowboys: Dallas will drop lower when they eventually change their name to the “Jerries” or the “Joneses” and their logo becomes a nose being stuck where it doesn’t belong.

14. Broncos: You get points for featuring an actual horse – I’m looking at you, Colts – but horses are known for their grace and speed. No horse is as intimidating as the one in your logo. “I know, I’ll call my team the Manatees, and I’ll make the logo a manatee basking in the sun … with a switchblade”.

15. Jets: Airplanes are fast and powerful, I guess. Too bad you don’t have one on your helmet.

16. Vikings: I’m not a purple guy. Not like Johnny Jolly, anyway.

17. Lions: This feels like the biggest name/city mismatch. There are no lions in Michigan. You should be called the Robocops.

18. Seahawks: You picked a more intimidating bird than your division-mates from Arizona. But why does he have a neck like a giraffe?

19. Packers: I was going to go from best to worst, but I realized the Packers can’t ever be below the Bears. Like your offense last year, your name is boring and your logo is boring.

20. Bears: You can’t really go wrong with a ferocious animal. But you can do a lot better than the letter “C”.

21. Rams: The stubborn ram feels like the perfect name for this Jeff Fisher-led team, which has stubbornly refused to play offense for the last five years.

22. Giants: Great choice of name, but you whiffed on the logo. Fezzik would have done nicely.

23. Saints: I like the irony of New Orleans – a city best known for Girls Gone Wild and overeating – calling their team the Saints. I just wish their logo was a winking emoji.

24. Jaguars: They might not have won the AFC South since 1999, but they’re crushing their divisional foes in the logo/team name department.

25. Panthers: This is just Jacksonville again but with a better football team.

26. Eagles: That forest green is nicer than every single Philadelphia fan combined.

27. Buccaneers: The logo is scary and the name is historically apt for the area. If they treat logos like coaches, though, it’ll be out the door soon enough.

28. Dolphins: It reminds me of Ace Ventura.

29. Patriots: I don’t want to be accused of being anti-American.

30. Raiders: Swords, simple color scheme, old school football helmet: Well executed, Oakland, unlike every one of your team’s plays from 2003-2014.

31. Falcons: No complaints here. Well done everybody.

32. Bengals: Did I say I was “unbiased”? Oops.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jets agree to 1-year, $12M deal......Maybe it's Jets me but.
If Fitz plays like he did last year along with the additions and that stingy defense the AFC East could be a battle. I like the Bills in the mix as well then add Brady sitting out to start the season I have a feeling this could be the year the Pat's are finally kicked off the throne.

Vegas isn't tossing in the Pat's towel on the division

Pats = 4-11
Bills = 6-1
Jets = 7-1
Fish = 8-1

Pat's are also the favorites for the SB....

Losing Chris Ivory could hurt, Matt Forte? Probably will be playing with a chip on his beat up shoulders. I was rooting for a long shot resurgence from the pick up of Zac Stacy till I read this today..........

*"The Jets have waived Stacy (ankle), after he failed his physical with the team, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports. (16 hours ago.)"
*The Jets signed running back Bernard Pierce and waived running back Zac Stacy with a failed physical designation"

Matt Forte ----- Not sure how much is left in the tank
Bilal Powell
Khiry Robinson
Bernard Pierce

Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker on the wings. They're still the JETS, can fall apart at any time or maybe last year was a fluke but I'm picking them as an underdog to make the playoffs and go deep.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The thing about the Jets is that it looks like they finally have a real coach. Bowles is legit.