NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Cleveland Browns are installing the West Coast Offense and switching to a 4-3 on defense. Peyton Hillis is joined in the backfield by last year's draft pick out of Tennessee Montario Hardesty who has recovered from a torn ACL in preseason last year. Also recently signed RB Brandon Jackson will provide some depth and pass catching abilities in the WC offense he is familiar with from his time in Green Bay.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Seattle backed out of the Kolb race to get... um....Tavaris Jackson? If they were looking to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes then the 49ers out did them!
scarred but smarter
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

sin wrote:Seattle backed out of the Kolb race to get... um....Tavaris Jackson? If they were looking to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes then the 49ers out did them!
Tavaris Jackson sucks. He couldn't do shit in MN with Adrian Peterson running the ball, decent talent around him and a good defense to back him up.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

MurrayFiend wrote:It'll be the same thing as every year. White guy passes the ball, black guys catch it and then go do some crimes.

You forgot the foreign guys that will kick the ball.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Cleveland Browns are installing the West Coast Offense and switching to a 4-3 on defense. Peyton Hillis is joined in the backfield by last year's draft pick out of Tennessee Montario Hardesty who has recovered from a torn ACL in preseason last year. Also recently signed RB Brandon Jackson will provide some depth and pass catching abilities in the WC offense he is familiar with from his time in Green Bay.
Haven't missed a Browns game since the early 80's here. I have faith in Mike Holmgren to get things turned around, but the teams was awfully quiet in free agency. I think Holmgren and Heckert are going to build this team the old fashioned way: through the draft, so it may be a year or two. I'd be happy to attain 7 wins this year, as that would put the Browns in contention for the division up until December. We'll see. I feel for Bengals fans, it's as if Mike Brown truly does want to field the worst team in professional sports history.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tymaster wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:Cleveland Browns are installing the West Coast Offense and switching to a 4-3 on defense. Peyton Hillis is joined in the backfield by last year's draft pick out of Tennessee Montario Hardesty who has recovered from a torn ACL in preseason last year. Also recently signed RB Brandon Jackson will provide some depth and pass catching abilities in the WC offense he is familiar with from his time in Green Bay.
Haven't missed a Browns game since the early 80's here. I have faith in Mike Holmgren to get things turned around, but the teams was awfully quiet in free agency. I think Holmgren and Heckert are going to build this team the old fashioned way: through the draft, so it may be a year or two. I'd be happy to attain 7 wins this year, as that would put the Browns in contention for the division up until December. We'll see. I feel for Bengals fans, it's as if Mike Brown truly does want to field the worst team in professional sports history.
I think the lockout is going to hurt Cleveland as they try to install a new system. They are better off taking this year to put a solid foundation in place and then build through the draft and go after free agents in 2012. Don't they have a lot of draft picks next year?
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tymaster wrote:
I think the lockout is going to hurt Cleveland as they try to install a new system. They are better off taking this year to put a solid foundation in place and then build through the draft and go after free agents in 2012. Don't they have a lot of draft picks next year?
Yes on all counts. However, their early schedule is cake. But they finish the season with a 5 game stretch that includes 2 games with the Ravens and 2 games with the Steelers. If those two teams are as good as they were last year, that is going to make for a brutal stretch!!!
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Randy Moss is retiring, it sucks his career ended the way it did.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

SkyDog112046 wrote:I think the lockout is going to hurt Cleveland as they try to install a new system. They are better off taking this year to put a solid foundation in place and then build through the draft and go after free agents in 2012. Don't they have a lot of draft picks next year?
I am not completely sold on them taking too many "growing pains" on the transition to the West Coast offense. They've had four "Camp Colt" weekends and several players are familiar with versions of the WC system. I'm not saying they're going to blow people away, but I think it will be a smoother transition that people think. With the easier schedule this year, they could be anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. But the last 5 games are downright brutal haha.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Every year it seems the Lions are everbody's "sleeper pick."

Is this actually the year?

No.

The QB will get hurt and that's that.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

AliceManson wrote:Randy Moss is retiring, it sucks his career ended the way it did.
No it doesn't. He was a thug as far back as high school. Trust me, I know.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Moss will be back.

And fuck you Levi.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Every year it seems the Lions are everbody's "sleeper pick."

No.

I don't think anyone is picking the Lions. Mostly what I've seen is people saying the team should be on the way up and should be competitive more often than not this season. They should have the best defensive front 4 in the NFL, and that will make everything easier for the LB's and DB's. They are still not quite there and could use a shutdown corner and a little more help on offense but 8-10 wins isn't out of the question.

And remember this is a team that has only won 8 games over the previous 3 seasons and hasn't had a winning record in 10 years. They won 6 games last year and lost another 5 by less than 4 points, meaning they were competitive 11 times last season which is a huge turn around. I clearly remember them being up 24-17 half way through the 3rd QTR on NE in the T-Day game. The point is that Detroit has become respectable again, appears to have key pieces in place, and should be fun to watch this year.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Every year it seems the Lions are everbody's "sleeper pick."

No.

I don't think anyone is picking the Lions. Mostly what I've seen is people saying the team should be on the way up and should be competitive more often than not this season. They should have the best defensive front 4 in the NFL, and that will make everything easier for the LB's and DB's. They are still not quite there and could use a shutdown corner and a little more help on offense but 8-10 wins isn't out of the question.

And remember this is a team that has only won 8 games over the previous 3 seasons and hasn't had a winning record in 10 years. They won 6 games last year and lost another 5 by less than 4 points, meaning they were competitive 11 times last season which is a huge turn around. I clearly remember them being up 24-17 half way through the 3rd QTR on NE in the T-Day game. The point is that Detroit has become respectable again, appears to have key pieces in place, and should be fun to watch this year.
I think the Lions can compete, which is something fans have been waiting for since Wayne Fontes and Barry Sanders left town.
Lonsome Crow
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Lonsome Crow »

sin wrote:Seattle backed out of the Kolb race to get... um....Tavaris Jackson? If they were looking to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes then the 49ers out did them!

Seattle's offensive coordinator was with the Vikings when they scouted and drafted Jackson. For whatever he reason he still thinks that Jackson can work out as a QB in the NFL.
Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.
Lonsome Crow
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Lonsome Crow »

LetUsPrey wrote:Eagles and Pats in the big show.
Nah.

Eagles have no LBs. They're still vulnerable to TEs and the short passing game. Vick'll get hurt, Young will come in and that'll be that.

The Pats still have line issues and are injury prone as well which is not good since the AFC East is getting much more physical and starting to look more and more like the AFC North.
Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Bears are getting Dallas Cowboys leftovers.

I read the Bears signed M. Barber and now WR, Roy Williams
:lol:
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Lonsome Crow wrote:

Seattle's offensive coordinator was with the Vikings when they scouted and drafted Jackson. For whatever he reason he still thinks that Jackson can work out as a QB in the NFL.
Crack is a helluva drug!
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

A philosophical question:

If you were building a team and had your choice of 2 QBs:
1. Cannon arm, sometimes inaccurate, cowboy mentality
2. Precision passer, not great on deep routes, game manager mentality

Who do you choose?

Other than the 5 or 6 teams that have QBs that would be considered elite, the bulk of the other decent QBs more or less fall into one of these 2 categories. Which direction do you go?
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Very excited about the Colts right now. Early reports from camp are that our rookies are looking sharp and some of our 2nd year players, most notably Jerry Hughes, are showing huge improvements. On top of that, I like some of the free agents we've signed over the last few days, who will definitely help us in positions that we sorely need it. Tommie Harris, Ernie Sims, and Jamaal Anderson should make us better and fill some much needed holes. Re-signing Diem and Addai were great moves. It's all made possible by the generosity of Peyton Manning, who took less money to allow us space under the cap to make these signings. He's the best player in the game, and did not have to take less, but he did in the name of WINNING.

The road back to lucas oil stadium in February begins.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:He's the best player in the game
Not according to the current players who, you know, actually play the game.
:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

poizond13 wrote: The road back to lucas oil stadium in February begins.

I am sure many of them will be there, they just won't be playing.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

AliceManson wrote:

Stop taking the bait. We fed this retard all least season, and now we are going to do it again?
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Crazy Levi wrote:
AliceManson wrote:

Stop taking the bait. We fed this retard all least season, and now we are going to do it again?
Fuck the Colts!!!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Orton you are not wanted in Denver..GET THE FUCK OUT! Best Denver will do with Orton is 7-9,6-10...just play Tebow the games will be a blast to watch again!

Tebow will take over Denver soon.

its Brady all over again, the starter gets knocked out.Brady gets a chance and never looks back
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

LAglamrocker wrote:Orton you are not wanted in Denver..GET THE FUCK OUT! Best Denver will do with Orton is 7-9,6-10...just play Tebow the games will be a blast to watch again!

its Brady all over again, the starter gets knocked out.Brady gets a chance and never looks back

Tebow is having trouble hitting open receivers in training camp. Until he learns to be more accurate he's not going to be a winning QB in the NFL. He may have intangibles, but they won't mean anything when he throws 3 INTs in a game. Fox needs to win in Denver right away. Orton may not be great but a team could make the playoffs with him running the offense. Denver has enough holes as it is. If Tebow starts it's one more while he is learning. They might have to give him starts to develop him, but if they go that route they go something like 4-10 or 5-11.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

LAglamrocker wrote:its Brady all over again, the starter gets knocked out.Brady gets a chance and never looks back

Tebow and Brady are not the same. Tebow is more like Alex Smith.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Bengals 0 - 16. Mike Brown still makes a mint. Cincy fans hate him and call him an idiot. The guy is genius. He lines his pockets year after year. Even if the fans boycotted the stadium (which they won't), they're still funding it through taxes. And with revenue sharing and tv money, even when games are blacked out in Cincy, Dayton, and Lexington, the guy laughs all the way to the bank. The rest of the league loves him too because despite sharing their money with him, they know they get a guaranteed victory over his Bengals. LOL. :lol:
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:Orton you are not wanted in Denver..GET THE FUCK OUT! Best Denver will do with Orton is 7-9,6-10...just play Tebow the games will be a blast to watch again!

Tebow is having trouble hitting open receivers in training camp. Until he learns to be more accurate he's not going to be a winning QB in the NFL. He may have intangibles, but they won't mean anything when he throws 3 INTs in a game. Fox needs to win in Denver right away. Orton may not be great but a team could make the playoffs with him running the offense. Denver has enough holes as it is. If Tebow starts it's one more while he is learning. They might have to give him starts to develop him, but if they go that route they go something like 4-10 or 5-11.

Agreed.

Unbiased opinion since I neither love nor hate the Broncos, but Tebow sucks. Brady Quinn is better by a long shot, no shit.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Tommy wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:

Agreed.

Unbiased opinion since I neither love nor hate the Broncos, but Tebow sucks. Brady Quinn is better by a long shot, no shit.
Brady Quinn was thrown to the wolves in Cleveland and then tossed aside by Holmgren. Considering the season Peyton Hillis had and the fact that Holmgren wanted a fresh start and no controversy, the trade wasn't a bad move. However, if Brady Quinn ever gets some real coaching he has massive upside. Yeah, I'm a little biased having watched him from his high school days to the present, but the kid has talent. He's been part of two franchises in various stages of dysfunction. Think about how many great QB's that didn't look all that great in Tampa Bay for all those years and how they panned out once they left TB. That could be Brady Quinn.