The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Kid-Wicked »

pieceofme wrote:Canucks through. Glad I was wrong. 8)

Even Lou has started performing.
he had one bad period. he was outstanding in games 5 and 6.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Who scored the series clinching goal for the Bruins last night? Could it be SATAN!
:lol:

This series was a bonus, if they can just play Pittsburgh tough in the next series and win a game or two then I think B's fans will be happy.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Who scored the series clinching goal for the Bruins last night? Could it be SATAN!

This series was a bonus, if they can just play Pittsburgh tough in the next series and win a game or two then I think B's fans will be happy.
You might not get Pittsburgh. If Jaro Halak can keep playing out of his mind, and the Habs can actually pull out game 7 against the Caps, it's Habs/Pens and Bruins/Flyers.

Can you imagine? The Bruins might actually get home ice advantage in round 2 of the playoffs!
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:Who scored the series clinching goal for the Bruins last night? Could it be SATAN!

You might not get Pittsburgh. If Jaro Halak can keep playing out of his mind, and the Habs can actually pull out game 7 against the Caps, it's Habs/Pens and Bruins/Flyers.

Can you imagine? The Bruins might actually get home ice advantage in round 2 of the playoffs!
Let's go Habs! Unbelievable.

This was Jack Edwards actual call on NESN last night. What the hell is he talking about:

“The Sabres hopes sleeps with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of the gitchee gome. After 1 round of the playoffs Snowball 1 Hell Zero. The Bruins advance to conference semis….”

Was it just me, or did he also say Bruins 5, Sabres 2 at one point? I think the booze was flowing in the press box or something.
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:

I'm starting to have a real "1993" vibe about this Hab squad. With Halak taking on the role of Patrick Roy.If the Pens and Habs do indeed meet,I sincerely hope Brooks Orpik uses a legal curve late in the 3rd period of game 2.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

/\

In all honesty, if (big IF) the Habs get by Washington, I think they'll be gutted for the Pens series. There will be a short turnaround - I'm guessing game 1 will be Saturday at the latest, the Pens will be rested, and the Pens offence was firing on all cylinders against the Sens.

If anything, I think the Habs have proven that with a little tweaking they can be a contender in the East. If you added two talented, big players to their lineup (Bertuzzi, Knuble types) it could make all the difference.

Also, I always thought Halak would get dealt in the off-season; I don't know if that can realistically happen now.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

/\ The one thing that concerns me though,if they do indeed meet, is Halak's strong play and Fleury's(so far) average @ best play.

But you are right, a couple of bigger men up front would certainly make the forecheck/cycle game more effective for the Habs.

As for Halak,he pretty much cemented his stay.Price may indeed have a bigger upside,but I sincerely feel a change of location might be best for all parties involved. Trade him for that big forward or draft picks.
Last edited by alecjonsludge on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Waiting... :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Image

Another city that's probably cheering for the Habs, all the while pleased that we're softening up the Caps, just in case.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

This was Jack Edwards actual call on NESN last night. What the hell is he talking about:

“The Sabres hopes sleeps with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of the gitchee gome. After 1 round of the playoffs Snowball 1 Hell Zero. The Bruins advance to conference semis….”

Jeez, was it THAT improbable the the B's defeat the Sabres? They are old Adams division rivals who've always played each other tough. The B's had to fight down the stretch and were in playoff mode for a while; Rask was hot going in; Miller was probably fatigued and the Sabres offence wasn't exactly the 1985 Oilers.

That call was obviously rehearsed, which totally sucks. Go prove how smart you are on your own time.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

WOLF wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Image

Another city that's probably cheering for the Habs, all the while pleased that we're softening up the Caps, just in case.
Haha...you know it.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Game time - Habs/Caps game 7.

I'm a fuckin' wreck. I don't know how pro athletes keep their sanity.

Go Habs go!
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

That was beautiful.
The President's Trophy Curse lives on, in historic choke fashion.
Although credit must go to the Canadiens for holding Ovechickenshit to one goal in the three consecutive losses.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Yahoooooooooo!!!!!!

I laughed, I cried, I nearly died. What a gut wrenching game to watch as a life long Habs fans of nearly 40 years. Caps had the skill; Habs had the will. What an effort. The Habs bent, but didn't break.

Can you believe that the Habs, Flyers, and Bruins - all of which qualified for the playoffs on the last weekend of the season - beat the top 3 seeds in the East? Incredible!

It doesn't get any easier. Habs/Pens start Friday night (thanks for the break NHL).
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

HAHAHAHA!!!

Fuck Ovechkin, the commie prick. Congrats to your Habs, Wolfie! :D

Sooooo since my Avs screwed the pooch, I'm rooting for the Hawks and Habs. :mrgreen:
Fuck sigs.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

halak will crack
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Canucks through. Glad I was wrong. 8)

Even Lou has started performing.
he had one bad period. he was outstanding in games 5 and 6.
Good in game 5, great in game 6.

But considering he is the go to guy I think he should be a bit more consistent.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

So the #1, #2, and #3 seeds go down in the first round so we have #4 vs #8 and #6 vs #7. And the Bruins get home ice for round 2. We could actually have a Bruins vs Habs conference final. Welcome to the Bizarro NHL.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Great showing by the Habs. It was nice to see Boudreau get schooled. He should be in the stands waving a pom pom.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Go Habs, beat Cindy & the Chilly Willies.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Can't help but root for an all original six final four. My heart says:

Montreal vs Boston
Detroit vs Chicago

My head says:

Pittsburgh vs Boston
Detroit vs Vancouver

We'll see. If the first round proved anything, it's that the game is played on the ice.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

A good friend of mine is a die-hard Caps fan. What a miserable existence. :(
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Redman77 wrote:Go Habs, beat Cindy & the Chilly Willies.

alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:Yahoooooooooo!!!!!!

I laughed, I cried, I nearly died. What a gut wrenching game to watch as a life long Habs fans of nearly 40 years. Caps had the skill; Habs had the will. What an effort. The Habs bent, but didn't break.

Can you believe that the Habs, Flyers, and Bruins - all of which qualified for the playoffs on the last weekend of the season - beat the top 3 seeds in the East? Incredible!

It doesn't get any easier. Habs/Pens start Friday night (thanks for the break NHL).

I wonder if "Choke"vechkin's hand was shaking as he went through the post game congrats.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:Can't help but root for an all original six final four. My heart says:

Montreal vs Boston
Detroit vs Chicago

My head says:

Pittsburgh vs Boston
Detroit vs Vancouver

We'll see. If the first round proved anything, it's that the game is played on the ice.
The two best goalies in the conference are Halak and Rask. Both may be the difference makers in their series.

Habs are going to get penalized if they fart near Cindy. Bettman is going to be working the replay booth in Toronto.

Fuck NBC. 12:30 on a Saturday? At least 6 oclock at he earliest. It's the friggin playoffs. Blows the whole atmosphere and how are you going to expand your audience in the middle of the day on a Saturday? The casual fan has shit to do on their day off and won't be watching anyways. It's suppose to be 80 degrees around here. Idiots.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

WOLF wrote:Can't help but root for an all original six final four. My heart says:

Montreal vs Boston
Detroit vs Chicago
That would be cool as hell. Hockey should be played in places where it's cold enough to skate on a pond once in a while.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote:Fuck NBC. 12:30 on a Saturday? Blows the whole atmosphere and how are you going to expand your audience in the middle of the day on a Saturday? It's suppose to be 80 degrees around here. Idiots.
Yup. Same for the Habs. 2:00 PM Sunday. NBC cares about hockey, but only if they don't have to pre-empt The Celebrity Apprentice to do it. Totally stupid. Hockey fans like to watch the game at night; non-hockey fans aren't going to stay home and discover the game on a sunny Spring/Summer afternoon. NHL needs to learn to cater to the fans they have, and not a network that doesn't even pay them to broadcast the games (they have a "profit sharing agreement").

Now I have to hope it rains, because as much as I love the Habs, I love taking my 5 year old and 3 year old bike riding more! Fuckin' Bettman.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Fuck NBC. 12:30 on a Saturday? Blows the whole atmosphere and how are you going to expand your audience in the middle of the day on a Saturday? It's suppose to be 80 degrees around here. Idiots.
Yup. Same for the Habs. 2:00 PM Sunday. NBC cares about hockey, but only if they don't have to pre-empt The Celebrity Apprentice to do it. Totally stupid. Hockey fans like to watch the game at night; non-hockey fans aren't going to stay home and discover the game on a sunny Spring/Summer afternoon. NHL needs to learn to cater to the fans they have, and not a network that doesn't even pay them to broadcast the games (they have a "profit sharing agreement").

Now I have to hope it rains, because as much as I love the Habs, I love taking my 5 year old and 3 year old bike riding more! Fuckin' Bettman.
It makes no sense. Cater to your fucking fans first! This really kills the whole game day experience on Saturday. We like to go out before the puck drops and grab something to eat and have a few cold ones and get psyched up and so forth. Now we have to start heading in there in in the morning for NBC during the Semi-Finals? Regular season is one thing. Not to mention the player's scheduling. This really pisses me off.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

WOLF wrote:

I think it's cool to put some of the games on during the day so kids can watch. I hate that MLB only puts their playoff games on at 8:00-9:00 at night. But it would be better for the NHL to put them on early in the evening on Saturday or in the late afternoon on Sunday. I'm thinking 6:00pm Sat and 3:00pm Sun would be pretty cool.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

alecjonsludge wrote:
Redman77 wrote:Go Habs, beat Cindy & the Chilly Willies.

ImageImage
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.