NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by johnk5150 »

Can Californians attend sporting events without being bootstomped in bathrooms/parking lots? WTF is wrong with people? It's just a game.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Peyton Manning's injury more serious than reported? Multiple reports say the Colts aren't happy with the QBs in camp and that they know Manning won't be ready to start the season and are looking for a veteran to come in and run things until Manning is ready.

If Manning isn't ready to go and then needs a few weeks to get in game shape and get up to speed they could be in trouble. Their first 5 games are Hou- Cle- Pitt- TB- KC. It's not inconceivable that they could be 0-5 at that point.
LetUsPrey
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by LetUsPrey »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Peyton Manning's injury more serious than reported? Multiple reports say the Colts aren't happy with the QBs in camp and that they know Manning won't be ready to start the season and are looking for a veteran to come in and run things until Manning is ready.

If Manning isn't ready to go and then needs a few weeks to get in game shape and get up to speed they could be in trouble. Their first 5 games are Hou- Cle- Pitt- TB- KC. It's not inconceivable that they could be 0-5 at that point.
The Colts are a really mediocre team without Peyton at this point. They could certainly be in trouble this season.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Peyton Manning's injury more serious than reported? Multiple reports say the Colts aren't happy with the QBs in camp and that they know Manning won't be ready to start the season and are looking for a veteran to come in and run things until Manning is ready.

No doubt that the Colts are in very big trouble without him. They're probably not at their best early even with him due to the inevitable rust he's bound to have, but when it comes to Manning sitting out, I'll believe it when I see it.
bane

Post by bane »

Just a few more weeks until the games count. Are we close enough to start predicting division and wild card winners?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:

No doubt that the Colts are in very big trouble without him. They're probably not at their best early even with him due to the inevitable rust he's bound to have, but when it comes to Manning sitting out, I'll believe it when I see it.
If his injury isn't 100% healed and then everything around it strengthened and stabilized he risks another injury. I can't see the Colts letting him chance that. They are better off holding him back and starting him slow and coming out of the gate 1-3 with a healthy Manning for the remainder of the season than having him get re-injured in the first couple of games and losing him for most of the year. Albeit the refs won't let a defender within 5 yards of him without throwing a flag but he could still get injured.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'd love to see Favre come back...again...but this time with a slightly different "attitude."

He's coming back for 3 games. Till Manning is healthy.

So come back all out of shape and fat and shit, high on painkillers.

I'd love to see it. Just let it all hang out.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:Just a few more weeks until the games count. Are we close enough to start predicting division and wild card winners?
It's going to be interesting early this year because the lockout will shake things up, but I would say:

AFC
East - Patriots
North - Ravens
South - Texans
West - Chargers
Wild Cards - Jets, Colts(if Manning is out then Steelers)

NFC
East - Eagles
North - Packers
South - Falcons
West - Rams
Wild Cards - Saints, Lions

AFC:
Steelers have SB hangover, just enough to keep them out if there are a bunch of 10-11-12 win teams. Colts are screwed if Manning is out 2-3 weeks and then needs another 2-3 weeks to get the timing right with his receivers. One of these days Houston will play well down the stretch and get in. KC and Jax should also be in the mix.

NFC:
Bears suffering from disheartening loss in NFC title game. The West is shitty again. Tavaris Jackson in Seattle = Pete Carroll smoking crack. The North & South divisions should be fun to watch.

I think with the lockout there won't be a bunch of 7-9 win teams, I think it will separate the good & bad teams so there will be a bunch more 10-win and 6-win teams.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

I like the Raiders picking Pryor for a third round pick! Right now they don't have picks next year in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. Plus apparently the only other team to bid with more than a sixth round pick was the Redskins! :twisted:

Who was the last QB the Raiders drafted that actually worked out well? Ken Stabler?

Now if Denver cuts Tim Tebow like some are suggesting, my week will be made!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Peyton WILL be back for game 1, don't you worry about that, retards. Mr. Irsay likes to stir the pot on Twitter, but everyone within the Colts organization is confident that Peyton will be ready to start the season against the Texans.

As for the division winners:

AFC:

South- Colts
North- Steelers
East- Jets
West- Chargers

NFC:

South- Eagles
North- Bears
East- Bucs
West- Rams
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:Peyton WILL be back for game 1, don't you worry about that, retards. Mr. Irsay likes to stir the pot on Twitter, but everyone within the Colts organization is confident that Peyton will be ready to start the season against the Texans.
Manning very well might be back to start week 1, but he won't be right by then and he won't have had a chance to get his timing right with his receivers. The Colts passing game is based on precision, and it's well known that Manning likes to start working on routes with his receivers in March to get the timing down. This year he had no mini camps, no training camp due to rehab, and no preseason games to shake the rust off.

Assuming he manages to get into game shape in the next 2 & 1/2 weeks by just rehabbing, which is a long shot, he is still going to be rusty without meaningful reps. That passing game will be off just enough to matter. Manning was uncharacteristically wild at times last year as it is. A lack of practice coming off of surgery is not going to help. They could be 1-3 by the time he gets into a groove.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Peyton WILL be back for game 1, don't you worry about that, retards. Mr. Irsay likes to stir the pot on Twitter, but everyone within the Colts organization is confident that Peyton will be ready to start the season against the Texans.
Manning very well might be back to start week 1, but he won't be right by then and he won't have had a chance to get his timing right with his receivers. The Colts passing game is based on precision, and it's well known that Manning likes to start working on routes with his receivers in March to get the timing down. This year he had no mini camps, no training camp due to rehab, and no preseason games to shake the rust off.

Assuming he manages to get into game shape in the next 2 & 1/2 weeks by just rehabbing, which is a long shot, he is still going to be rusty without meaningful reps. That passing game will be off just enough to matter. Manning was uncharacteristically wild at times last year as it is. A lack of practice coming off of surgery is not going to help. They could be 1-3 by the time he gets into a groove.
There is some uncertainty but I'm not too worried about it. Peyton's been in the league for about 13 years, so he knows what being on the field is like. He's also been with his receivers for years, and that chemistry isn't going anywhere. I think it will be business as usual week one. I don't expect the offense to be in peak, midseason form, but the early schedule is soft enough that I think those are winnable games even with our offense at less than full strength.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:There is some uncertainty but I'm not too worried about it. Peyton's been in the league for about 13 years, so he knows what being on the field is like. He's also been with his receivers for years, and that chemistry isn't going anywhere. I think it will be business as usual week one. I don't expect the offense to be in peak, midseason form, but the early schedule is soft enough that I think those are winnable games even with our offense at less than full strength.
Houston, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City are not "soft". You yourself have the Bucs & Steelers winning their divisions. Houston beat Indy last season, and KC can most certainly beat a rusty Manning.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:There is some uncertainty but I'm not too worried about it. Peyton's been in the league for about 13 years, so he knows what being on the field is like. He's also been with his receivers for years, and that chemistry isn't going anywhere. I think it will be business as usual week one. I don't expect the offense to be in peak, midseason form, but the early schedule is soft enough that I think those are winnable games even with our offense at less than full strength.
Houston, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City are not "soft". You yourself have the Bucs & Steelers winning their divisions. Houston beat Indy last season, and KC can most certainly beat a rusty Manning.

I think Houston is vastly overrated, as they are seemingly EVERY preseason. They haven't made any personnel moves that impress me and they're implementing a whole new defensive system, which they've had a very short amount of time to do. I think their defense will struggle in what I consider a transition year for them, going to the 3-4. Switches like that typically take 2-3 years to complete, and they are trying to do it in a few weeks.

Tampa bay and KC don't worry me. Pittsburgh will be a tough game of course, but that's a long ways away to even begin predicting.

cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

poizond13 wrote:I think Houston is vastly overrated, as they are seemingly EVERY preseason.

Game 1 - 2010

Texans: 34 Colts: 24

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300912034
bane

Post by bane »

I'm feeling pretty good about Houston's chances in week 1. Their offense is firing on all cylinders and the revamped D has looked much improved thus far. They're going to have trouble with power running teams going up the middle I think, but Indy sure ain't that. I don't think they should be printing super bowl tickets yet, but I think they'll handle a rusty Manning at home.

My picks:
AFC

North: Pitt
East: Pats
South: Texans
West: Chargers
Wild card: Jets and Indy (or Ravens, depending on Manning's health.)

NFC

East: Philly (although I think they're way over hyped)
North: Green Bay
South: Atlanta
West: Rams

Wild card: Saints, Vikings
Last edited by bane on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

^^^ 2 wild card teams per conference.
bane

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:^^^ 2 wild card teams per conference.
D'oh!!!! I knew something looked weird. Fixed.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Greatest flow chart ever.

I love the question that leads to Raiders or Buccaneers.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The Bears 'receivers' are pathetic. More than usual.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Numbers from the Raiders/9ers game the other night.

70 ejections.
19 public intoxication tickets.
12 criminal charges for fan on fan violence

$tevil
bane

Post by bane »

johnk5150 wrote:Numbers from the Raiders/9ers game the other night.

70 ejections.
Wow. There must be something in the water in No Cal.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

bane wrote:

70 ejections.
It's pre-season and the 9'ers season ticket holders are going to unload their seats dirt cheap. What could possibly go wrong?
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Garbageman wrote:
bane wrote:

70 ejections.
It's pre-season and the 9'ers season ticket holders are going to unload their seats dirt cheap. What could possibly go wrong?
I heard on the radio yesterday the AVERAGE NFL game has 20 ejections. Jesus.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The Colts signed Kerry Collins. This seems to confirm that Manning isn't going to be 100% in 2 weeks. If Collins gets the bulk of the work in the next preseason game while Manning hasn't even practiced then it looks like Collins in week 1.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

poizond13 wrote:Peyton WILL be back for game 1, don't you worry about that, retards.
Kerry. Collins.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

SkyDog112046 wrote:The Colts signed Kerry Collins. This seems to confirm that Manning isn't going to be 100% in 2 weeks. If Collins gets the bulk of the work in the next preseason game while Manning hasn't even practiced then it looks like Collins in week 1.
I forget...did KC play last year?

He's not a bad fill-in if he has anything left.

The fact remains that the Colts entire offense is built around Manning. Without Manning, they are in serious trouble. Really serious trouble.