NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by bane »

poizond13 wrote:After 7 rough games, it may be hard for some people to remember that prior to that we'd had about 10 amazing seasons. The fact is we've been an exemplary franchise for the past decade. We suffered an unavoidable blow to this season which we could not have possibly prepared for. The climb back to glory and greatness will begin and next season we will be back.
"unavoidable"? What exactly about your total team collapse into suckville has been "unavoidable"? You can blame a 6 or even 5 win season on losing your QB, the rest are an organizational collapse. You'll be lucky, very lucky, if you don't match the Lions of a few years ago for ineptitude. Face it, you've ridden Peyton for a decade and you've just realized how pathetic your organization really is. The Colts are the worst team in the NFL. How's that taste P13?
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Yeah, how do you get all the coaches and all the players to agree to losing on purpose?

Did they stop caring? Yes. But to lose on purpose?
A coaching staff can put in a lousy game plan and the players are smart enough to know it. By all accounts Caldwell is Polian's puppet and I don't think the team respects him. And don't put it past Polian to order Caldwell to put in vanilla sets on both sides of the ball. I don't think the players have agreed to lose games, but they have certainly stopped giving maximum effort. Did you see the way that defense laid down in the 4th quarter on Sunday night? Their first couple of games were competitive but since then they have just been going through the motions. How else do you explain going from being competitive in most of their games last year to being winless this year? Manning doesn't play defense and special teams too. That organization simply isn't giving effort to win games this year, however you spin it.
Your conspiracy theory is just that dude. The Colts just suck. They've been sliding for the past few years and got by on a soft schedule and manning being the baddest motherfucker on the planet. That team is crap. Both their lines are crap and their skill guys are old. Manning can't save that wreck, and neither will a draft or two. They're old, their defense can't do anything but tee off on the QB ( which doesn't work unless the opponent is way behind) , and they can't run the ball. Their coach sucks, and really, outside of a few glory position guys, they're just not that good. Polian built a shit team. Indy is a house of cards that has finally come crashing down. They're done, and they're gonna stay done for the foreseeable future. There's no suck for luck conspiracy. They just suck that much.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Why do you people continue to feed P13? He's only doing it to keep your hackles up.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

johnk5150 wrote:No teams attend T.O. workout -- Wed Oct 26 9:29 am --

Coming back from torn ACL
No teams attended Terrell Owens' workout in Calabasas, Calif., on Tuesday, but the 37-year-old receiver said he was confident that he showed enough that teams will be interested. The free-agent receiver is unsigned after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament and having surgery in early April. He participated in some drills and caught passes Tuesday in the workout that was televised on ESPN and the NFL Network. He did not run the 40-yard dash. (ESPN.com)
Now from the Sporting News. HAHAHAHA!
The AFL's Chicago Rush released a statement on Wednesday that team officials have extended Owens a contract to play for them if he can't find a job in the NFL this year.

“We feel that this is an ideal time to approach the future NFL Hall of Famer,” Rush president and general manager Gene Nudo said. “It would be a fantastic honor to add Terrell to our current roster for the 2012 season.”
Terrell Owens' future could be as an inside man. (AP Photo)

In a workout in front of NFL Network cameras on Tuesday, Owens, 37, looked like he had recovered well from offseason knee surgery to repair a torn ACL. The network just happens to be entering its third season in airing live games from the Arena League, which celebrates its 25th season in 2012.

“Terrell would absolutely complement our current wide receiving corps,” Rush coach Bob McMillen said in the statement. “His animation and over-the-top energy would be an excellent addition in the locker room, and the Chicago fans would undoubtedly welcome him here in Chicago.”

Even before Owens and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have had a chance to respond to the offer, it hasn't stopped the Rush marketing department from using the potential addition of Owens as a way to help sell advance tickets for 2012.

According to the release, the Rush will honor Owens' famed jersey number, No. 81, with a corresponding deal for families. For $81, the "Flex Plan" includes four tickets to a Rush home game, four Rush hats and four Nike Dri-Fit training shirts adorned with the team logo.

Those shirts supposedly would "ensure Rush fans will never have to work out shirtless again"—something that Owens certainly didn't do on Tuesday.

Last year as a free agent, the Cincinnati Bengals gave Owens a one-year deal worth $2 million. The average salary for Arena Football League players is estimated at $85,000.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... z1bzaSEG3H
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Rosenhaus has scoffed at the idea of Owens playing arena ball.

I'm not so sure. It seems like he's desperate to play.

I remember Ricky Henderson playing for the sub-minor league Newark Bears, who weren't even affiliated with an MLB team. He also played for something called the San Diego Surf Dawgs.

TO will probably end up playing in the UFL when he's 40
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

poizond13 wrote:After 7 rough games, it may be hard for some people to remember that prior to that we'd had about 10 amazing seasons. The fact is we've been an exemplary franchise for the past decade. We suffered an unavoidable blow to this season which we could not have possibly prepared for. The climb back to glory and greatness will begin and next season we will be back.
Everyone remembers. You're the reason for any and all Colts hate on here.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Well, I used to hate the Colts for what they did to the great city of Baltimore, but over time I've softened my stance.

The city really gave them no choice. Not only wouldn't they build them the new stadium that a half dozen other cities were willing to do, there were rumblings that the city was actually going to try to seize the team through eminent domain or some shit.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:Well, I used to hate the Colts for what they did to the great city of Baltimore, but over time I've softened my stance.

The city really gave them no choice. Not only wouldn't they build them the new stadium that a half dozen other cities were willing to do, there were rumblings that the city was actually going to try to seize the team through eminent domain or some shit.

Because their owner was a drunk douchebag. He may have been the worst owner ever.

And who said something about Bill Poilian? Are you kidding me? He put together a team around their star, which is how you're supposed to do it.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Well, I used to hate the Colts for what they did to the great city of Baltimore, but over time I've softened my stance.

Because their owner was a drunk douchebag. He may have been the worst owner ever.
When Irsay died, bars in Baltimore celebrated and offered all sorts of Irsay death deals. It was gruesome and hilarious.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:

When Irsay died, bars in Baltimore celebrated and offered all sorts of Irsay death deals. It was gruesome and hilarious.
Being a Bears fan I just like good football. I don't think I've missed a Colts or Patriots game since they both became awesome. Having a lot of clients in Indy and going to a bunch of Colts games over the years I appreciate the Indy fans. They know their football.

I have a question for Patriots fans. I attended a Colts/Patriots game in Foxboro a few years back and saw Zero Point Zero black fans in the stands. Is Boston the whitest city in America?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

johnk5150 wrote:I have a question for Patriots fans. I attended a Colts/Patriots game in Foxboro a few years back and saw Zero Point Zero black fans in the stands. Is Boston the whitest city in America?
I am sure there are lots of well-to-do black fans in the luxury boxes with the rest of the wine & cheese crowd. As for the stands those seats are expensive, most of them have been sold out for a long time so you have to go to a re-seller(legal scalper), and it's not easy to get to Foxboro with public transportation. I don't think you'll see any inner-city people there. It's mostly corporate people, season ticket holders, and people from the burbs. It's not like the old days of aluminum benches and dirt parking lots where you could walk up to the gate at 12:45 on Sunday and get a decent seat for $20.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Yeah, how do you get all the coaches and all the players to agree to losing on purpose?

Did they stop caring? Yes. But to lose on purpose?
A coaching staff can put in a lousy game plan and the players are smart enough to know it. By all accounts Caldwell is Polian's puppet and I don't think the team respects him. And don't put it past Polian to order Caldwell to put in vanilla sets on both sides of the ball. I don't think the players have agreed to lose games, but they have certainly stopped giving maximum effort. Did you see the way that defense laid down in the 4th quarter on Sunday night? Their first couple of games were competitive but since then they have just been going through the motions. How else do you explain going from being competitive in most of their games last year to being winless this year? Manning doesn't play defense and special teams too. That organization simply isn't giving effort to win games this year, however you spin it.
Your conspiracy theory is just that dude. The Colts just suck. They've been sliding for the past few years and got by on a soft schedule and manning being the baddest motherfucker on the planet. That team is crap. Both their lines are crap and their skill guys are old. Manning can't save that wreck, and neither will a draft or two. They're old, their defense can't do anything but tee off on the QB ( which doesn't work unless the opponent is way behind) , and they can't run the ball. Their coach sucks, and really, outside of a few glory position guys, they're just not that good. Polian built a shit team. Indy is a house of cards that has finally come crashing down. They're done, and they're gonna stay done for the foreseeable future. There's no suck for luck conspiracy. They just suck that much.
Listen here, douchebag. We have essentially the same team we had last year, when we won ten games as well as the division. This year we're at least 5-2 with Peyton, and you know that. You're just running your mouth because for the first time in history, the Texans have a chance at winning the division. Sadly, that's only because our star quarterback has not played this year. If your pathetic team should make the playoffs, that asterisk will forever be linked to it.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

johnk5150 wrote:
And thanks to you, people think Chicago is a town filled with scumbag homosexuals like yourself.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

poizond13 wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
And thanks to you, people think Chicago is a town filled with scumbag homosexuals like yourself.
Indianapolis Colts (0-7)
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Dallas Cowboys: ZERO Championships since 1996

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

poizond13 wrote:Dallas Cowboys: ZERO Championships since 1996
True.
Does not take away your Colts have begun the 2011 season
with 7 consecutive losses.

I like your attempt to change the subject, deflect the negative attention from your team to mine.

Keep it classy you immature prick!!!
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Redman77 wrote:Why do you people continue to feed P13?
Hey, trolls need to eat ,too.
Just as much fun to give it back as he has dishing it out.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

didnt Tebow get 3 NFL wins faster then both Manning and Troy combined? playing far less games?

in the end Tebow with have more rings then Troy
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAglamrocker wrote:didnt Tebow get 3 NFL wins faster then both Manning and Troy combined? playing far less games?

in the end Tebow with have more rings then Troy
That is the best joke I have heard all day.

Does not matter how you start, what matters most is how you finish.

You truly believe Tebow will win 4 Super Bowls?
B.S.
The fucker will be lucky enough to play in 1 SB.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:I have a question for Patriots fans. I attended a Colts/Patriots game in Foxboro a few years back and saw Zero Point Zero black fans in the stands. Is Boston the whitest city in America?
I am sure there are lots of well-to-do black fans in the luxury boxes with the rest of the wine & cheese crowd. As for the stands those seats are expensive, most of them have been sold out for a long time so you have to go to a re-seller(legal scalper), and it's not easy to get to Foxboro with public transportation. I don't think you'll see any inner-city people there. It's mostly corporate people, season ticket holders, and people from the burbs. It's not like the old days of aluminum benches and dirt parking lots where you could walk up to the gate at 12:45 on Sunday and get a decent seat for $20.
It's getting like this in soccer in Europe now too. Pricing out the working class who supported clubs back when Maggie Thatcher wanted to lock fans up in cages. Cages that led to deaths when crushes happened. Banning standing areas in the top division, and throwing anyone out who dares stand up and sing or chant or use industrial language. Day-trippers from Scandinavia having more chance of getting a ticket than a local lad from down the road. "The Brand" being more important than the words "Football Club" on the clubs badge. Players wages skyrocketing, taking the players even further away from the fans. TV broadcasts deciding when games kickoff.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

how did Manning finish? a superbowl loss and f'up neck? Troy finished with countless concussions forced early retirement.

Tebow Broncos will be an elite team soon. Like the Chargers the last few years. Any year they will be a favorite that could win it all. Will Tebow get the Superbowls wins, i think he might
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Tebow is a joke, he won't amount to anything.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Machado wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Dallas Cowboys: ZERO Championships since 1996
True.
Does not take away your Colts have begun the 2011 season
with 7 consecutive losses.

I like your attempt to change the subject, deflect the negative attention from your team to mine.

Keep it classy you immature prick!!!

I'm not changing the subject. This is an NFL thread, am I right? I'm pretty sure it is. So discussing the Cowboy's pathetic, failed attempts at being a winning franchise since 1996, is fair game. Face the facts. Since Aikman retired, your team has not had a quarterback that has the proven ability to lead them deep into the playoffs, much less a Super Bowl. Your pathetic owner, Jerry Jones, thinks you can buy an NFL Championship, but he's proven to be painfully wrong. The Cowboys will win more games than the Colts this year, but make no mistake: they're still going nowhere.

bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

The Cowboys have won more Super Bowl title's than the colts and they even beat them in one. If you wanna talk better franchise, Dallas easily wins over the colts. Dallas is in the top 5 best franchises ever.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:The Cowboys will win more games than the Colts this year
So won't most of the NFL, troll.
poizond13 wrote:So discussing the Cowboy's pathetic, failed attempts at being a winning franchise since 1996, is fair game.
Since YOU like to go back to 1996, how about we push it back to 1967, huh troll?
Dallas - 5
Indy - 1
:lol:
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Facedown wrote:
poizond13 wrote:So discussing the Cowboy's pathetic, failed attempts at being a winning franchise since 1996, is fair game.
Since YOU like to go back to 1996, how about we push it back to 1967, huh troll?
Dallas - 5
Indy - 1
You don't know anything about football. You don't belong in the locker room. This post proves that. Your numbers are incorrect. That's all I'll say.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Dallas - 5
Indy - 1
You don't know anything about football. You don't belong in the locker room. This post proves that. Your numbers are incorrect. That's all I'll say.
Really? Let's review:
Dallas Cowboys Champions:
That equals 5

Indianapolis Colt Champions
Hmmm..

That equals 1.
Feel free to tell me where I'm wrong.
Since you know nothing about football, I won't wait, troll.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

LAglamrocker wrote:Tebow Broncos will be an elite team soon. Like the Chargers the last few years. Any year they will be a favorite that could win it all. Will Tebow get the Superbowls wins, i think he might
Their coach has never had a back-to-back winning season. Elite? No.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Am I hallucinating or did Greggie just tell someone they "don't belong in the locker room?" LMAO. I'll be thinking about that one when I'm calling plays from the booth this Friday night. Wow. Greggie is still yet to show us photographic evidence that he played football at ANY level.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

sure about that

many consider Belichick a coaching ICON Correct? before he got his 6th round Brady(many who thought he would never be anything)

Bill never had a winning season back to back

1991 Cleveland Browns NFL 6 10
1992 Cleveland Browns NFL 7 9
1993 Cleveland Browns NFL 7 9
1994 Cleveland Browns NFL 11 5
1995 Cleveland Browns NFL 5 11

im sure most thought this coach with a 6thround pick would go on to 3 Superbowls and an elite team

Denver has that in Tebow and the coach(he wont be around all of Tebow time)..none believe but tons of bandwagon fans will jump on over the years