The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

drunklikeme
Learning KISS Riffs

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by drunklikeme »

He gets out of prison a lot.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

The movie was hilarious in how bad it looked, poor Michael Rappaport must be hard up for a gig.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Dawg5man
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Dawg5man »

Does anyone else think that Randy orton's matches are the best thing going in the WWE right now??

I catch RAW and SD every once in a while and his matches are always the best thing on the card..

I'm not really into the whole Viper stomping the mat routine, but other than that..
Four out of five voices in my head tell me to go for it..
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Dawg5man wrote:Does anyone else think that Randy orton's matches are the best thing going in the WWE right now??

I catch RAW and SD every once in a while and his matches are always the best thing on the card..

I'm not really into the whole Viper stomping the mat routine, but other than that..
Not an Orton fan, but that match with Ziggler last night was flawless.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Matt Hardy uploaded a startling video to his YouTube account this evening titled "Goodbye." The enclosed message reads:

Goodbye, World ...

My time here is

Almost complete ...

I only have a few

Hours & minutes ...

I loved you all ...

Regardless of how

You felt about me...

I'll miss you all

Jeff Hardy's wife Beth posted the following on Twitter in regards to the Matt Hardy "suicide" note:

"Ugh. So sick of bullshit. Don't believe everything you read. No matter who writes or posts it. When the cops show up to our house at 11 pm, for a 'suicide call' the f***ing joke is over @MATTHARDYBRAND. Stop trying to work the Internet. Apparently someone that believed the stupid video. I guess you got what you wanted @MATTHARDYBRAND. Everyone is talking about you, again. But it's not in a good way."

According to the Moore County Sheriff's Office, Matt Hardy is "fine."

Fayetteville Observer reporter Michael Zennie wrote the following on Twitter:

"The night shift captain said police received 25 to 30 phone calls to 911 to check on his well being."
Where's Izzy?
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I have come to the conclusion that Matt is now more fucked up than Jeff.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:I have come to the conclusion that Matt is now more fucked up than Jeff.
Who woulda thought? :lol:
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

why doesnt HHH hire Chavo back to play Rey Mysterio?

just put the same mask on him, and get a fake Mexico tattoo
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

Anyone catch the Booker T slam on Cena? "It's amazing that he's taken over the WWE with his limited skills"
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

nakedmadman wrote:Anyone catch the Booker T slam on Cena? "It's amazing that he's taken over the WWE with his limited skills"
Yeah, I LOLed
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Dawg5man
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Dawg5man »

Check out this old-school Road Warriors interview..

Notice when Animal gets off of the bus..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAf1meV5fpI
Four out of five voices in my head tell me to go for it..
lizardking
Taking Music Lessons

Post by lizardking »

Lol at gi bro making fun of John cena..
What's more of a joke, a rock n' roll icon, playing in front of thousands of fans with a legendary catalogue of classic songs, or some anonymous loser that can't stop whining about him?
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Since she's getting mentioned so often, an oldie but goody gif

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

Space Bear wrote:Since she's getting mentioned so often, an oldie but goody gif

Please sir may I have another!

Anyone watch TNA last night? I thought the presentation was cool. Get the show out of that cold, sterile studio and put it in a little arena (ala' WCW 1993-94).

Sting is still my favorite wrestler of all time. He's really got a whole new energy with his new charactor and can still fucking WORK in the ring. Him and Anderson will make a good tag team.

Hogan wasn't wearing the extensions last night. Guess Warrior's comments got to him after all. How guys like Samoa Joe and Scott Steiner have jobs is beyond me.

And is it just me or during the "street fight" and/or "breakdowns", these clowns (like Samoa last night) make wrestling look more fake than it really is.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
McGuirk
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by McGuirk »

Artemis2085 wrote:How guys like Samoa Joe ... have jobs is beyond me.
Joe on the indies, and early in TNA, was a beast. That was before TNA was jammed with former WWE guys. Joe was killing everybody and they stopped short of giving him the strap, same old political bullshit. Then he got pushed to the backburner with other guys came in.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Joe's biggest problem now is his size. TNA's written themselves into a corner with him. Their 225lb weight limit has cut him out of the X-division, where he really belongs. He's far too talented to be lumbering around, jobbing to the heavyweights, and too big now for the x-division. A real shame really.
LynnrdVonHetfield
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by LynnrdVonHetfield »

Yut343 wrote:Hoooooooooly shit, I just saw a recent clip of Kurt Angle, and he looks hella different. Different voice, look, attitude... wtf happened to him? Can anyone answer this? It looks like hes battling cancer or something. :shock:
He's not putting a syringe in his ass anymore.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

nakedmadman wrote:Joe's biggest problem now is his size. TNA's written themselves into a corner with him. Their 225lb weight limit has cut him out of the X-division, where he really belongs. He's far too talented to be lumbering around, jobbing to the heavyweights, and too big now for the x-division. A real shame really.
Couldn't disagree more. If the weight limit is for real then it's the best thing that has happened to the X-Division in years.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

LynnrdVonHetfield wrote:
Yut343 wrote:Hoooooooooly shit, I just saw a recent clip of Kurt Angle, and he looks hella different. Different voice, look, attitude... wtf happened to him? Can anyone answer this? It looks like hes battling cancer or something. :shock:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

LynnrdVonHetfield wrote:
That may be true but he's still hitting the sauce.
He was arrested for a DUI Sunday morning I've lost count how many he's racked up over the last couple of years.
Time to put the belt on Hardy again then wait for his one last chance to be pissed away.
After that maybe they can bring in Scott Hall as the next champ :lol:
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

MAJOR UPDATE ON SAVAGE TO HOF

Lanny Poffo was asked whether WWE reached out to Randy for induction into their Hall of Fame and what his feelings were on the matter.

"Yes, we talked about it," Poffo said. "As a matter of fact, what he was, remember when the Von Erichs got into the Hall of Fame? That was the first time he'd mentioned it, and my father was still alive. We celebrated his birthday, and at this point my father was coherent. He says, 'The Von Erichs are in the Hall of Fame? I'm not going in, ever, into the Hall of Fame unless it's the Poffos, Lanny, Randy and Angelo.' That's what he said. We didn't cremate him against his wishes and we're not going to go into the Hall of Fame against his wishes either."

I think this is the biggest crock of shit. I mean, where do I even begin?

The Von Erichs all could work, all were beyond talented, and all sold mass amounts of tickets and merch. They devoted their entire lives to wrestling and paid the ultimate price. No offense to the departed, but to comparing the Poffos and ICW to the Von Erichs and WCCW makes my skin crawl. What the fuck did Lanny ever do in this business besides be Pat Patterson's bottom?
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Cool interview with Punk
CM Punk is on the cover of "WWE Magazine's" October issue, which features an "explosive, controversial" interview with the Second City Saint. The self-proclaimed "Voice of the Voiceless" was given another soapbox to voice his concerns with WWE's brain trust, his fellow wrestlers who deserve a better shot, and whether anything will change following his return to the sports entertainment organization. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

In your estimation, what do you feel is wrong with WWE right now, and what would you do to change it?

What's wrong with WWE right now is that there isn't enough youth. Most of the ideas are old. They worked in The Attitude Era or in the '80's—and I'm not necessarily saying that they're bad or they're wrong —but they need updating, they need tweaking. There needs to be some young minds spinning the webs, so to speak. I'm sick of seeing people who are excellent wrestlers get passed over for people who have abs or who were good second-string linemen in a European football league. I think there are a lot of people who, on their own terms, have made their own personas and perfected their craft simply out of love for what they do. They're not trying to be bodybuilders or footballs players who fail miserably and then call their uncle or their dad and say, "Hey, I'll give that wrestling thing a shot because I suck at everything else."

Why do you think it's such a strike against guys who—like yourself—are fans but aren't from a sports or bodybuilding background?

Now, this is complete speculation. I can't even tell you what somebody else is thinking. I can only say what I think works. And I'm not going to be right 100 percent of the time just like they're not going to be. Somewhere along the way I think we lost the Midas touch. This whole thing became uncool. I think the people who love it aren't going to go do something else if they get fired. Like Colt Cabana. He's a perfect example. He is a wrestler. If he gets hired and it doesn't work out, he's wrestling somewhere else the next day. He's not trying to shoehorn himself into an accounting job. He's a wrestler. He's always going to be there. So I just think if you love wrestling sometimes—maybe-you're punished. You're placed last in line. The attitude is: You're always going to be here, maybe we can use you later if we need you, but right now we're going to use this guy because he was good at college football, but he didn't quite make it in the NFL.

Another one of your gripes is about how the WWE Championship looks. How would you redesign the title? What is the definitive look of that particular championship for you?

Oh God. How long's this interview? Honestly, I think old Dwayne used to have a cute little blue cow on his title or something. Then, of course, Stone Cold had the Smoking Skull Title. I don't know. I think I could Straight Edge the hell out of that thing. A couple of "X"s might make it look good. Make it look like a title should look like, and not make it look like some sort of weird, rapper bling. I feel the definitive look, though, is what I like to call "Bret Hart's Title." I think everyone likes to call it the "Winged Eagle Title." That's a little redundant. I'm pretty sure most eagles have wings. That's the one that always sticks out in my mind.

This anger with your job has been festering for a while. Was there one moment backstage when you felt you'd had enough?

I can name one off the top of my head. How about main-eventing a pay-per-view as the World Heavyweight Champion against Undertaker and then, a few months later, being in a dark match against R-Truth at WWE TLC? That's pretty ignorant in my mind. This is the problem. We do this too many times to too many Superstars. It's a startstop kind of thing. The company likes to spotlight certain people. Like, "This week, Kofi's cool," and then, the next week, "We changed out minds we like Dolph this week." It flip-flops back and forth ad nauseam, and the next thing you know, the people couldn't give a crap about either guy.

When did the powers that be really begin to take your leaving WWE seriously?

I told them probably a year out. They would say, "Hey, how about we talk about your contract?" And I would just say, "No, I don't really feel like it." And they would say, "Okay, back off. Punk's crabby and temperamental. We'll get him next week." And the next week it would be, "Hey, let's talk about it." And then maybe eight or ten months out, it was, "Hey, I really want to sit down. We really need to sign you a new deal." And that's when I straight up said, "No, I'm not interested."

Take us back to your title match at WWE Money In The Bank. What did you do differently that day knowing that could have been your last day on the job?

I don't think I did anything different that day. I'm a man of my word. I wasn't going to skip out on my contract earlier. I was going to let it run out. These are the terms I agreed to and the dates I agreed to do, and I was definitely going to finish up. But I think I talked so much about everything and everybody that all eyes were on me and it created a high pressure situation. Thankfully, I thrive very well in those situations. I'd say I pulled it off. All this stuff I talk about, about being the best in the world, I certainly proved it that night. The match went near the 35-minute mark. But I wrestled for 93-minutes one time back in 2002 or 2003 in a Two-Out-Of-Three-Falls Match.

You mentioned on the Bill Simmons BS Report podcast that you had made the decision to come back and resign at WWE Money In The Bank. Do you think your decision was at all clouded a little bit too much by all the emotion going on that day?

I can definitely put it aside. I can be a robot if I need to be. Resigning was something that was on my mind day in and day out whether I was at the gym or sleeping. I was dreaming about it, I was really trying to figure out what the best decision was for me and my future. Call me crazy, but I was also trying to figure out what was the best decision for the company as a whole. I love what we do. I'm not going to get along with everybody I work with. I'm certainly not going to agree with everything all the time, but at the end of the day, I want everybody voice to be heard. I want this place to succeed. So I had to weigh my options.

Another thing we noticed is that you used the "W" word a lot in your tirades these last weeks. how much do you dislike saying "sports-entertainment"?

I don't hate it as much as you would think, but I really do think It's ridiculous when you're not allowed to say "wrestling." At the end of the day, that's what goes on in that ring. That ring is our stage. What we do on that stage is we wrestle. I'm not playing grab-ass. I'm out there fighting to win. Wins and losses mean something. Wrestling happens to be damn entertaining.

So is it weird to call yourself a "Superstar" as opposed to a wrestler?

I don't think it's weird. I think we're all Superstars. Absolutely. I don't think there's anybody else who can be called that. Would you call Brad Pitt a Superstar? Do I think Brad Pitt can do what we do? Absolutely not! Brad Pitt gets scripts and lines to study months ahead of time and he has a very controlled setting in which he looks the best he possible can. He has makeup on, there's lighting, there's people doing the sound and everything. We go out there on live TV every Monday night and kill it. That's where the entertainment part comes in. It's more entertaining then a Brad Pitt movie. There are no retakes, you know? There's no Take 1, Take 2—"I screwed that up, let me do it again." If we screw up, we screw up. That's the entertaining part.

One thing you did change is your entrance music, to Living Colour's "Cult Of Personality." Did you consider anything else?

No, that was the one. It was a throwback to my Indie days, but it also just fit. I have tremendous guts, I'd like to say, and it was just a gut feeling that this was the right thing to do, to change my music now. Did I like my old song? Absolutely. Was it recognizable? Sure, I had it for five years. Was it time for a change? Was it a risky thing? Yes and yes. But ultimately, I think it was the right move. I haven't been able to get the song out of my head since last Monday. It's a song that came out in 1989, when I was on my little league team, and now it just jumped into the iTunes Top 200. That's powerful. That should speak volumes to the WWE management. They should say, "Holy crap, this kid has the power to do something like that. Let's see what else he can do."

What's really different now that you're back? What are we really going to see that's not status quo?

I don't want to ruin any surprises, but I will tell you that when the Ramones were voted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, there was one surviving member of the original lineup left alive, and it was Marky. Marky originally was completely being in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame. This is, after all, the establishment that shunned the entire band for it's entire career, and he wanted nothing to do with it. He was extremely adamant that, "No, you don't get the privilege of having the Ramones in your little club." My good friend, Lars Frederickson [of the band Rancid], got on the phone and said, "Marky listen to me. You almost have a responsibility to the underground to accept this award and be in the Hall of Fame to show that you are as big as the Rolling Stones, you are as big as the Beatles, you're as good as Led Zeppelin, all these mainstream bands that the Ramones maybe never got credit on the same level as." And that's kind of how I feel about WWE right now. I'm the guy who, for all intents and purposes, never should have even made it to WWE. Then I had roadblock after roadblock thrown in my way. Not only did I get past those roadblocks, It did it while flipping off the people who put up those roadblocks. I feel I have a responsibility to the younger wrestlers on the roster, the ones that aren't signed yet, and the future of wrestling as a whole, to help make this place better, and to change this place. I certainly can't change it by sitting on my couch in Chicago.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

TNA needs to drop the Fortune vs Imortal thing

just make AA(Angle,Matt,Jeff) vs whoever
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MonkeyBoy
Playing Frat Parties

Post by MonkeyBoy »

CM Punk just called Nash "Super Shredder" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most obscure reference ever!
-knows fuck all about pulled pork
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

MonkeyBoy wrote:CM Punk just called Nash "Super Shredder" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most obscure reference ever!
:lol: That was awesome.

I think we're seeing a tag team revival. Air Boom is great!
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

What is this bullshit controversy with the Divas that is going on?
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:What is this bullshit controversy with the Divas that is going on?
Ummm that they suck and people are taking them to task through Twitter. Even that douche, Chris Jericho, has come to their defense asking people to not be so tough on them. These girls need to be nude in the ring for chrissakes!
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Ummm that they suck and people are taking them to task through Twitter.

:lol: :lol:
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

ParaDime77 wrote:
ozzyrulz777 wrote:What is this bullshit controversy with the Divas that is going on?
Ummm that they suck and people are taking them to task through Twitter. Even that douche, Chris Jericho, has come to their defense asking people to not be so tough on them. These girls need to be nude in the ring for chrissakes!
Oh. Ok. There are some good divas and some bad. I think they just need to get rid of the bad. That at least is my opinion. I think getting rid of Mickie James was WWE's biggest mistake regarding the divas.
ATASTEOFEVIL

Post by ATASTEOFEVIL »

Dawg5man wrote:Check out this old-school Road Warriors interview..

Notice when Animal gets off of the bus..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAf1meV5fpI
That's great !!!