The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by silent_eyes »

LAglamrocker wrote:when Punk looked shocked, i thought for sure it was going to be he Rock,Austin, or Undertake. ..he should have laughed when it was Ryback..i did!
It SHOULD of been one of those three. I like Ryback, but they need to take their freakin' time with him.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

LAglamrocker wrote:when Punk looked shocked, i thought for sure it was going to be he Rock,Austin, or Undertake. ..he should have laughed when it was Ryback..i did!
Part of me hoped that when he kicked Mick, he actually kicked Mankind. Would have been interesting.

If Ryback is the only viable backup plan if Cena can't fight at Hell in a Cell, I could see Brock Lesnar interfering to give Punk the win, giving us Brock vs. Ryback.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Do you really think there will be no incidents from Aces & Eights before the ppv?
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Beth IS leaving... and Nattie is leaving in March.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

The women just keep leaving the E. Truth be told, I don't think HHH buys into women's wrestling. I Think in 3 years, the only women in the E will be either valets or announcers.
Sandow and Rhodes... I'm diggin' this.
Ryback....ehhhh, not yet.
I've actually enjoyed Shamus' title reign, but I think Ziggy's gonna get him at HIAC.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Kelly Kelly was awkward at best in the ring and I don't see her being missed really. In a related note, I'd give my left nut to rail Eve Torres.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Truth be told, Natty and Beth are about the only women. The E has that don't look awkward in the ring.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

I went to last weeks Smackdown tapings. I didn't watch the show yet but Beth got a monster pop. Has anyone heard more about Jeff Hardy's TNA contract being up in February and WWE wanting him back?
Where's Izzy?
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Angry Jew wrote:I went to last weeks Smackdown tapings. I didn't watch the show yet but Beth got a monster pop. Has anyone heard more about Jeff Hardy's TNA contract being up in February and WWE wanting him back?
Hardy needs to be in WWE, the pop would be Von Erich-ish circa 1984.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Sandow and Shamus stole the show tonight.

Big Show/Shamus is just the setup for Ziggy's title run. Think Show looses it in .45 again?

Heath Slater leading a.... Faction????
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

ParaDime77 wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:I went to last weeks Smackdown tapings. I didn't watch the show yet but Beth got a monster pop. Has anyone heard more about Jeff Hardy's TNA contract being up in February and WWE wanting him back?
Hardy needs to be in WWE, the pop would be Von Erich-ish circa 1984.
I did not even know his contract was up soon.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Some random thoughts:

-The WWE NEED Jeff Hardy...He's pretty much the only major face out there not in the WWE that could draw and sell merch
-Good riddance to all these women. Women should be valets, not wrestlers.
-Tensai and Brodus should start a tag team called "Flavours of the Week".
-Zack Ryder needs to be repackaged. He hinted at it in one of his latest youtube shows. The guy has charisma, but the whole Jersey Shore thing is old
-Cudos to HHH for actually pushing the tag team division. I'm a big fan of this
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

anyone else notice the total botch jobs on Raw? The Mysterio/Sin Cara V The Colons was a complete mess, and after two attempts, Ryburg couldn't get Tensi up on his shoulders like he did last Friday. If facial expression and body language can be believed, it looked like Ryback was laying the blame squarely on Albert.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

nakedmadman wrote:anyone else notice the total botch jobs on Raw? The Mysterio/Sin Cara V The Colons was a complete mess, and after two attempts, Ryburg couldn't get Tensi up on his shoulders like he did last Friday. If facial expression and body language can be believed, it looked like Ryback was laying the blame squarely on Albert.
From what I've gathered, people are thinking that Albert just straight up went stiff on him. It's just strange too, cause we know he can pick the guy up because he did it on Smackdown last week. But what reason would he have to do that too him and make him look bad on live tv?
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

He blasted the fuck out of Ryback with a forearm shiver that about made his eyeballs bulge out of his head with rage.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Lol, sounds a lot like when Regal went stiff on Goldberg, way back when.
canadianhavoc

Post by canadianhavoc »

silent_eyes wrote:
nakedmadman wrote:anyone else notice the total botch jobs on Raw? The Mysterio/Sin Cara V The Colons was a complete mess, and after two attempts, Ryburg couldn't get Tensi up on his shoulders like he did last Friday. If facial expression and body language can be believed, it looked like Ryback was laying the blame squarely on Albert.
From what I've gathered, people are thinking that Albert just straight up went stiff on him. It's just strange too, cause we know he can pick the guy up because he did it on Smackdown last week. But what reason would he have to do that too him and make him look bad on live tv?
Because they appear to be pushing Ryback to the Moon, and Tensai is mired in the midcard after a promising start.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

canadianhavoc wrote:
silent_eyes wrote:
Because they appear to be pushing Ryback to the Moon, and Tensai is mired in the midcard after a promising start.
Because no one wants to see Tensai. He should have never been brought back.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

The Tensai gimmick looked good on paper, but they would've been better off just bringing him back as A-Train. I mean... it's cool that he went to Japan and did very well for himself, but what does it matter if they give you a character, try to push you to the moon and you flop? Personally I think the character would've been better off if they had brought in an actual Japanese wrestler that could pull off the character.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

silent_eyes wrote:The Tensai gimmick looked good on paper, but they would've been better off just bringing him back as A-Train. I mean... it's cool that he went to Japan and did very well for himself, but what does it matter if they give you a character, try to push you to the moon and you flop? Personally I think the character would've been better off if they had brought in an actual Japanese wrestler that could pull off the character.
They never should of brought him back period.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:
silent_eyes wrote:The Tensai gimmick looked good on paper, but they would've been better off just bringing him back as A-Train. I mean... it's cool that he went to Japan and did very well for himself, but what does it matter if they give you a character, try to push you to the moon and you flop? Personally I think the character would've been better off if they had brought in an actual Japanese wrestler that could pull off the character.
They never should of brought him back period.
Under a mask of some variety he could have gone over huge.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

I've been thinking about a few guys that seem to be stuck in "midcard hell" that, at one point, seemed as if they were in line for a mega-push.

Kofi Kingston is one that comes to mind. And here's what I could viably see happening...

After losing the tag team tournament, Kofi could say that he's tired of being held back when he should be headlining the shows. Not an immediate heel turn, but something alluding to it. In the next few weeks, the Primetime Players get their shot at the tag belts; during the match, Kofi and R Truth interfere on behalf of the Primetime Players, giving them the win and the championships. No explanation would be made, and the fans would start to wonder what is going on.

During a match with The Miz for the IC belt, Kofi would score the win after Ezekiel Jackson returns and squashes Miz. After the match, R Truth and the Primetime Players join Kofi and Ezekiel in the ring, where Kofi cements his heel turn with a promo establishing this group as the Nation Redux. They take turns pummeling Miz, giving Miz a face turn in the process.

This elevates Kofi to championship status (and to gain footing during the Royal Rumble), while giving the Primetime Players tag team gold and bringing R Truth and Ezekiel into a relevant storyline.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

JR interviews Punk and Stone Cold...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ology.aspx

Fuckity fuck, I would love to see this feud actually happen, if just for the promos alone.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I actually liked Punk vs Sheamus on the new Main event show. This was probably Punk's best match since TLC last year. Much better that those shitty and overrated Punk/Bryan matches.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Captain Morgan wrote:I've been thinking about a few guys that seem to be stuck in "midcard hell" that, at one point, seemed as if they were in line for a mega-push.

Kofi Kingston is one that comes to mind. And here's what I could viably see happening...

After losing the tag team tournament, Kofi could say that he's tired of being held back when he should be headlining the shows. Not an immediate heel turn, but something alluding to it. In the next few weeks, the Primetime Players get their shot at the tag belts; during the match, Kofi and R Truth interfere on behalf of the Primetime Players, giving them the win and the championships. No explanation would be made, and the fans would start to wonder what is going on.

During a match with The Miz for the IC belt, Kofi would score the win after Ezekiel Jackson returns and squashes Miz. After the match, R Truth and the Primetime Players join Kofi and Ezekiel in the ring, where Kofi cements his heel turn with a promo establishing this group as the Nation Redux. They take turns pummeling Miz, giving Miz a face turn in the process.

This elevates Kofi to championship status (and to gain footing during the Royal Rumble), while giving the Primetime Players tag team gold and bringing R Truth and Ezekiel into a relevant storyline.
Kofi Stinkston!? The mid-carders, mid-carder and nothing more than a good little company guy that does what he is told.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

So I will say this again, I think Bully Ray is the leader of Aces & Eights.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

FullDJacket wrote:I actually liked Punk vs Sheamus on the new Main event show. This was probably Punk's best match since TLC last year. Much better that those shitty and overrated Punk/Bryan matches.
Shamus gets a lot of flack here, but I actually like the guy. I think he works well, he's got a good look, and other than some of the folksy PG, kid friendly shit that creative foists on him, ( damn Linda's politics) the guy's got the makings of a real long hauler.

A's&8's is all Jarrett and or Bitchoff. Bank on it.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/05/linda-hogan-arrested-dui/

Linda Hogan was arrested yesterday in Malibu on suspicion of DUI ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Linda -- real name Linda Bollea -- was arrested at 1:34 AM Thursday morning and taken to a nearby police station where she was booked and put behind bars. According to the citation, her blood alcohol level is listed as .084, barely above the legal limit in California (.08).

The 53-year-old was released several hours later on $5,000 bail.

An inmate information operator at the jail tells us, she was also booked for driving on a suspended license.

A rep for Linda tells TMZ, Linda sincerely regrets the arrest. The rep claims Linda was on her way home from a jewelry function in L.A. where she drank a glass of champagne on an empty stomach -- in combination with antibiotics that exacerbated the effects of the alcohol. The rep insists Linda was NOT booked for driving on a suspended license.

The rep says Linda was initially pulled over for speeding. It's unclear if Linda was the only person in the car at the time of her arrest.

It's been a rough week for the Hogan family. Linda's ex-husband Hulk Hogan is currently in the middle of a sex tape scandal after footage was released on the Internet yesterday.
Like son, like mother.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Would.