The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by ParaDime77 »

Free for a reason.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

hairmetalhasbeen wrote:did anyone watch the 2cw live FREE IPPV on Saturday? I was there, AWESOME event, and it was the number one thing trending on twitter the whole night...great company, check em out!! The Sami Callahan (who comes out to Wednesday 13's "Bad Things") vs Matt Hardy match was AWESOME...if you dont know who Sami is youtube him, dude needs to be in one of the big two by the end of the year, SO talented! and the John Morrison vs Kevin Steen match was sweet too...
I've heard quite a bit lately that Sami is on verge of signing with the 'E. I think he even told some people at a indy show that he was taking his drug testing/physical or had already taken them.

With the new training center opening up, there's so many more people that is going to get signed. The indys are going to get ravaged, but they have to future proof the company and make sure they have the absolute best talent in their ranks. Cena, Punk and the like won't be there forever and there's gotta be people that are going to have to step up and fill those spots.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Yep - the Death Machine will be with the WWE soon. I'm friggin' stoked about that one. Sad that Generico lost his mask though...
gatomike
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by gatomike »

anybody have an invite for this wrestling torrent site?

http://worldwrestlingtorrents.net/register.php

or maybe know any good sites to get wrestling torrents besides

extreme wrestling torrents
extreme wrestling classics
pro wrestling torrents
ultimate wrestling torrents

I'm already a member of these sites.

thanks any help would be appreciated.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

My DVR has died on me. Anyone have a reliable site to watch full episodes of WWE programming? I can get impact(although it's a week behind) ON DEMAND) but Xfinity/comcast doesn't carry WWE programming on demand.
Anyone?
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

One of the NBC based cable channels I believe it is Unversial channel shows both Raw and Smackdown back to back Saturdays and Sundays
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Captain Morgan wrote:Thoughts on Raw:

1. No Punk for a few weeks = bad. But he deserves the break.
One bump and the girl is out for months......
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
gatomike

Post by gatomike »

nakedmadman wrote:My DVR has died on me. Anyone have a reliable site to watch full episodes of WWE programming? I can get impact(although it's a week behind) ON DEMAND) but Xfinity/comcast doesn't carry WWE programming on demand.
Anyone?
If you do torrents all these are reliable and have everything up soon after its on but you need to download the torrents and keep up a ratio.

extreme wrestling torrents
extreme wrestling classics
pro wrestling torrents
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Ailing Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson gets Make-A-Wish visit from John Cena

While recovering in hospital from emergency surgery, popular wrestler and Hollywood star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson got an unexpected Make-A-Wish visit from WWE superstar John Cena.

When nurses told Johnson a “special guest from WWE” had come to see him, Johnson had assumed it would be close "Nation of Domination" friend Mark Henry.

Instead, Johnson was surprised and puzzled by the appearance of John Cena, who presented The Rock with an autographed 8X10 photo and a brightly colored t-shirt bearing the logo of comic book hero “Superman”.

“Hang in there, little buddy,” said Cena, flashing his trademark smile. “I know you’ll get through this!”

Clad in a blue hospital gown with an intravenous drip in his arm, Johnson appeared puzzled by the visit, especially since Cena seemed not to remember the numerous times the two had met in the past.

The visit made The Rock wonder whether the prognosis for his torn abdomen and abductor muscles is far more grave than doctors had initially told him.

Uncharacteristically, The Rock was at a loss for words during the encounter, and was only able to utter a half-hearted “If you smell...”
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Just watched that taped TNA X-Division PPV. Some of the best matches this year so far, they should use these guys way more. I think I'm liking the new approach with four storyline PPVs a year and a bunch of pure wrestling shows thrown inbetween.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Cena injured his achilles on the Euro tour. Don't know any severity of it.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

FullDJacket wrote:

I bet it would take more than one bump to put Scott Stapp out of action for a few months.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

The thing with the Cena injury coming out of the European tour is sketchy at best, No fans talked about it happening in the ring and foremost the only reports from the the Company itself, Which everything the WWE has ever said is a work and to not believed. Cena may be injured but I doubt it.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

FullDJacket wrote:

Ummm, yeah, that's how injuries tend to work.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

I guess we're not getting the WWE Network any time soon..
WWE and Yahoo announced a partnership that will lead to a 30-minute Raw pre-show airing exclusively on the web portal. Yahoo will also have exclusive access to WWE archives, shows, highlights, and other events, as well as pre-show previews for all pay-per-view events, and short-form clips from WWE television programs. For more on the story, visit Variety.com.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Somebody needs to tell Brad Maddox to quit shopping for clothes in the little boys department.

I thought Antonio Cesaro was a real up and coming star and now he's a yodeling fool who can't win any matches.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Somebody needs to tell Brad Maddox to quit shopping for clothes in the little boys department.

I thought Antonio Cesaro was a real up and coming star and now he's a yodeling fool who can't win any matches.
Cesaro has the chops, but he just isn't getting over. They should give him a really good spokesman/manager like Heyman and ditch the yodeling schtick now...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Space Bear wrote:I guess we're not getting the WWE Network any time soon..
WWE and Yahoo announced a partnership that will lead to a 30-minute Raw pre-show airing exclusively on the web portal. Yahoo will also have exclusive access to WWE archives, shows, highlights, and other events, as well as pre-show previews for all pay-per-view events, and short-form clips from WWE television programs. For more on the story, visit Variety.com.
I seem to recall an article a few months back stating that they were trying to partner with another company for web based programming (outside of Hulu) to see how well the programming would do before delving deep into the network idea...Yahoo is an interesting pick though.

As far as Cesaro goes, oddly enough I think he'd do really well as a face. Can't hurt to test the waters...
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

Claudio is the sweetest, nicest person in the world. The fact they tried to push him as a heel just shows how out of touch the creative team is. Push him as a face and let him get over by being himself and they have a Cena that people can't hate on as much.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

I went to an event by my little local promotion German Wrestling Federation (yes, GWF) for the first time last night, and had the most fun I've had in ages. Their roster is not exactly TV material for the most part (except for maybe "Bad Bones" John Klinger, who's about to get an opportunity on TNA Gut Check), but it took place inside this cool, crappy circus tent and the crowd was just fucking nuts. I'd say most of the fans don't follow much mainstream US wrestling and don't even give a fuck about face/heel smartmark stuff, so it all had more of a vulgar soccer crowd vibe, with fans of different guys sitting on opposing bleachers and just heckling the shit out of each other.

I think I'll have to regularly watch live wrestling again. For perspective, the last event I had attended had main events with Jake Roberts, Warrior, and Greg Valentine, so it's been a while.

BarbedwireBill wrote:Claudio is the sweetest, nicest person in the world. The fact they tried to push him as a heel just shows how out of touch the creative team is. Push him as a face and let him get over by being himself and they have a Cena that people can't hate on as much.
I think he worked perfectly as a heel just the same. The WWE is just retarded for not really pushing him at all. He's probably the best in the company.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

Claudio is a great worker no doubt but not the best. I'd like to see him reunited with Chris Hero and do the Kings of Wrestling tag team again.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Cesaro has a heap of potential.

Also, I really dug the Kane vs Ambrose/Shield match.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

" Jerry Lawler is returning to the ring first the first time since his heart attack last year. Lawler will team up with Dory Funk, Jr. for a match on the May 25th show for Funk’s !Bang! promotion. "

I'm surprised the E would let this go on. Seems they'd try to block it with a "no compete clause " type of thing. Jerry's not gonna be happy until he flops over dead in the middle of the ring.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

nakedmadman wrote:" Jerry Lawler is returning to the ring first the first time since his heart attack last year. Lawler will team up with Dory Funk, Jr. for a match on the May 25th show for Funk’s !Bang! promotion. "

I'm surprised the E would let this go on. Seems they'd try to block it with a "no compete clause " type of thing. Jerry's not gonna be happy until he flops over dead in the middle of the ring.
I would think that sort of promotion isn't viewed as competition - more a good will thing for the WWE - especially in an instance where it's not an active wrestler, but is a guy with a rich history across several organsiations. I would have thought they'd be more likely to tell him not to wrestle on health grounds.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

Part of Lawler's contract is he is allowed to work Indys as long as he doesn't appear on their TV programs,kinda like how Jordan had a Love of the Game clause in his contract back in the day. Plus Jerry is well enough off and high enough in the food chain, he is one of the few that can tell Vince to go fuck himself and still have a job.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

BarbedwireBill wrote: Plus Jerry is well enough off and high enough in the food chain, he is one of the few that can tell Vince to go fuck himself and still have a job.
How well off do you think he is? He has been divorced a couple times, I believe, and who knows what else has went on in his life. I could see him as having $250,000 or so but not much more. Not that I'm saying that's terrible, way more than I have.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

STATUS OF WORLD TITLE MATCH AT EXTREME RULES
By Mike Johnson on 2013-05-13 19:10:00
The word backstage is that with Dolph Ziggler's concussion, the Extreme Rules PPV will now feature a number one contender's bout to determine Ziggler's next challenger.
Where's Izzy?
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

How well off do you think he is? He has been divorced a couple times, I believe, and who knows what else has went on in his life. I could see him as having $250,000 or so but not much more. Not that I'm saying that's terrible, way more than I have.[/quote]
Well enough that when they fired his ex Stacy Carter, he quit and Vince called and begged him back on a weekly basis. All the other announcers bitch about how Vince screams in their ear when they are doing TV, Mick Foley even bitched about it in his last book, Vince has never ever attempted to do it Lawler cause he knows he'd get a fuck you and Lawler would go home. He is a smart cat with his cash, I'm sure he is a millionaire by this time. His kids are grown and most of his exes have remarried.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Jerry would break Vince's jaw in one punch if Vince ever tried to fuck him around. How many guys has he done that to anyway? 3-4?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch