The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by sliquor »

nakedmadman wrote:They need to get Dixie Dumbass off camera NOW!
GOD, she's bad!
I take it your not gonna buy her new shirt:

http://shoptna.com/dixieland-t-shirt.aspx

:D :D
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

nakedmadman wrote:They need to get Dixie Dumbass off camera NOW!
GOD, she's bad!
The weird thing is, the angle has potential. She is so unlikeable that if they wrote it right, it could really work. They've been doing some small things right the past week or two, with her being this fake sweet character and then showing her true self when she gets frustrated.
I've seen small glimpses of improvement, and there is still enough talent there to be a viable #2 promotion, but the writing still needs a lot of work. Too often it seems like the two guys in a feud aren't aware of what the other guy is going to do. It ends up looking like bad improv.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Actually, I'm talking about her mic/acting skills. The character line has potential, if it was Jarrett, or Bitchoff, or any of half a dozen others, it'd be believable. Dixie's poor performance is only eclipsed by Vicky Guerrero who honestly sounds like a nervous 4th grader on the school play.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

I'd expect to see Superman Jarrett come to the rescue of his beloved company and be the babyface to Dixie's heel.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

TNA has cancelled several of their upcoming tv tapings thru out the rest of the year and are said to be replacing those tapings with a return to the Impact Zone in Florida.

If Panda Energy backs out how much longer can they stay open?

Here's a crowd shot from last night's PPV. :roll:

Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

BarbedwireBill wrote:I'd expect to see Superman Jarrett come to the rescue of his beloved company and be the babyface to Dixie's heel.
Things are so dire that I'd almost welcome that.
.....Almost.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Stings not an ICON, photo proves this...HHH pass on this failure
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

No Panda, No TNA. They are losing cash hand over fist. The TV taping here in September the crowd looked the same. One of the main problems in TNA from what I gather besides the Non wrestling people making wrestling related decisions is lack of basics in terms of promotion. Before the tv taping here. Outside of the mentions on the weekly tv nothing until 2 days before the taping. Where as WWE will sent talent out to when tickets go on sale, They buy the shit outta local tv and radio spots, They sent press releases to all media outlets in the market letting them know talents are there for interviews etc weeks in advance. They don't rely on their own TV to promote their product. If people aren't fucking watching how do they know your in town? They need to ramp up the promotion end of things. They really do need to be rebuilt from the ground up.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

As someone who's not interested in the business side of things whatsoever, I wouldn't care if they shrink back to where they started. They still have better talent and far better matches (Bound For Glory left a lot to be desired, but AJ Styles proved again why many consider him the best worker in the business). As long as WWE's current direction is what sells I don't want TNA to succeed.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

One way TNA could improve would be to show Jeremy Borasch & Mike Tenay the fucking door & bring back Don West.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:, but AJ Styles proved again why many consider him the best worker in the business). As long as WWE's current direction is what sells I don't want TNA to succeed.
if aj was even close to being the best worker around he's be working for vince.

started watching the bret hart dungeon dvd. he came right out and said that dynamite kid is the real "best there is, best there was....etc..". i've been saying that for years.
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

On you-tube you can find old matches of Dynamite when he was wrestling in Calgary for Stampede.
I was a Dynamite fan from a very young age.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

Dynamite was a great worker, Stiff as fuck. Which I never understood, It's a fucking work, Make it look good but you don't really have to beat the fuck out of each other. As great of a worker he was, a shitty human being he is. Fuck his wheelchair bound ass.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:, but AJ Styles proved again why many consider him the best worker in the business). As long as WWE's current direction is what sells I don't want TNA to succeed.

started watching the bret hart dungeon dvd. he came right out and said that dynamite kid is the real "best there is, best there was....etc..". i've been saying that for years.
Who gives a fuck what Bret's opinion is??? This is the same guy who says Ric Flair sucks and for somebody who actually grew up in the business he turned out to be his own biggest mark!

I can't (fake) lose the title in Canada I'm a national hero :lol: hey ya big dummy its all a work Vince did the right think in taking the belt off him like he did.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

JR does play-by-play on video games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBXHbTgjVKk&
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Grow it back! Grow it back!!!

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:

Who gives a fuck what Bret's opinion is??? This is the same guy who says Ric Flair sucks and for somebody who actually grew up in the business he turned out to be his own biggest mark!

I can't (fake) lose the title in Canada I'm a national hero :lol: hey ya big dummy its all a work Vince did the right think in taking the belt off him like he did.
when did he say flair sucks?
he said he was over rated after flair said the same about him.
flair is over rated. wrestled the same match with everyone. everything was predictable.
i agree with bret being his own biggest fan.
it was stupid to not drop the belt in montreal. it would have helped put over hbk as a heal. the way it turned out actually made him a bigger heal and still has heat here today.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I Always liked hell in a cell so I watched the main event on dailymotion.

Very complicated finish. I don't even remember half of it..in anger Shawn kicked Bryan and against his will had to go on with the three-count? And that was after all the drama that led to HHH entering the cell....it's difficult to not associate this with Vince Russo at his worst in WWF and later in WCW and TNA. Just too damn complicated. Is he booking WWE?

I hate those kicks to the chest that Daniel Bryan does...look so lame on tv, or in this case on the comp screen. Also horrific moment when Orton shoved Brian (with his legs spread) into the pole, then Orton just stands there and hugs Bryan from behind. Homo warning FFS
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Dave Meltzer revealed on the latest installment of Wrestling Observer Radio that The Carters are looking to sell TNA.

"There's a lot of moves, there's a lot of moves that are being done behind the scenes," Meltzer said. "No matter what anyone is going to say right now, there's big things going on behind the scenes as far as the future ownership of the company, and at that point, god only knows where it goes.

"There's people looking to get in, and I think the Carters are looking to get out. They've lost enough money and all that, and you know as far as what that means, who knows. But they've been looking to get out for a while. Now everyone is going to scream at me, but that's 100%. That's the stuff that they don't want you know. They've been looking to get out when they didn't want to fund them anymore."

Meltzer also mention that he wouldn't be surprised if Eric Bischoff was a candidate to buy the company.

"I'm sure that he's probably looking at something," Meltzer said of Bischoff. "I don't know that he's got backing... I don't know if anyone does. I would think that Eric would be looking for something or someone to back him to get it. I don't know that he's got that backing though."
Where's Izzy?
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Angry Jew wrote:Meltzer also mention that he wouldn't be surprised if Eric Bischoff was a candidate to buy the company.

"I'm sure that he's probably looking at something," Meltzer said of Bischoff. "I don't know that he's got backing... I don't know if anyone does. I would think that Eric would be looking for something or someone to back him to get it. I don't know that he's got that backing though."
Is anybody else having flashbacks to the Invasion Angle? :x
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

lame TNA should Invade NXT..thats how big TNA is
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Good Lord I wanna bang Summer Rae.

That is all...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

vince doesn't look at t n a as competition. they're a fringe company at best.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

This individual is rumored to be serious about buying TNA:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

he owns a small time chicago territory. he has some knowledge of the business but i guess not enough to realize to stay away.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

I have to say WWE is doing something right, they have made me care about Big Show again...lol
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Post by AcillateM »

Im sure this has been asked before....other than YouTube,where can i find FULL episodes of old Nitro,Raw,ECW, WCCW and good ol Mid South Wrestling episodes???

Thanks in advance!
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

AcillateM wrote:Im sure this has been asked before....other than YouTube,where can i find FULL episodes of old Nitro,Raw,ECW, WCCW and good ol Mid South Wrestling episodes???

Thanks in advance!
That requires some deep digging. Vince owes all those old tapes and doesn't let them out except when he can control what history shows.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Just booked my travel plans for Wrestlemania in New Orleans next April. Stoked about going as it's been a dream since I was 8.

I hope the card is top notch, but regardless, it's New Or fucking leans!
AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Post by AcillateM »

BarbedwireBill wrote:
AcillateM wrote:Im sure this has been asked before....other than YouTube,where can i find FULL episodes of old Nitro,Raw,ECW, WCCW and good ol Mid South Wrestling episodes???

Thanks in advance!
That requires some deep digging. Vince owes all those old tapes and doesn't let them out except when he can control what history shows.

Guess I'll be sticking to YouTube.
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"