The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Woosh »

LAglamrocker wrote:when Sting does show up, his reaction wont be huge, most wwe fans dont even know of Sting.
FTFY

Seriously though, they missed the boat on the Stinger by at least 10 years. Induct him into the HOF if they must and be done with it.

And Hogan couldn't pass the WWE physical, so no way he's involved in anything physical; the best a Hulkamaniac can hope for is an appearance.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

sliquor wrote:A pic from a TNA house show last week:

:shock: :D :shock:
And you know there were probably a fair amount of comps too!! :shock: :shock:

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

LAglamrocker wrote:when Sting does show up, his reaction wont be huge, wwe fans dont want Sting.
I hear what your saying but I think if done correctly a short program with The Undertaker would be pretty cool. I mean he's long past his prime but just because he's never been in WWE/WWF there is somewhat of a novelty too it and I think WWE would give him a Jericho type of entrance when he came in. At least I would hope that, I'm assuming he would have some creative control and have enough juice where they wouldn't bury him in an angle with say Hornswoggle?

Earl
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

And maybe WWE's writing team can give him something halfway-decent to say. His promos have been ridiculously bad for years now.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by sliquor »

If Sting does go to WWE I imagine one of their stips would be that he covers that bald spot.

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

sliquor wrote:If Sting does go to WWE I imagine one of their stips would be that he covers that bald spot.

Come on man, that guy is in his 50's!! I was thinking who would induct Warrior into the HOF knowing that he's burned so many bridges and Sting would kind of be a cool choice although I'm not sure if they are friends or not in 2014?

Earl
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Surfer Sting or GTFO
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

sliquor wrote:If Sting does go to WWE I imagine one of their stips would be that he covers that bald spot.

He should just get a Undertaker style buzz cut and concede to father time. When you get to a certain point growing your hair out when you know you've got bald spots just looks not only silly but really bad looking as well.

It's obvious he's vain about stuff like this, as well as the whole will not appear on TV without a t-shirt on.

He can hit the gym a little harder and fix that but the hair problem isn't going anywhere and he just looks foolish the way he is now.

When or if he should join up with Vince you gotta think theirs some kind of a stylist behind the scenes that work with incoming talent to make them look more TV friendly, although that doesn't seem to be the case with Bad-Asss Billy Gunn and that mess on top of his head.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

Don't read if you don't want any potential spoilers for tonight's Rumble...

For what it's worth, Nash, Sheamus & Jericho are all in Pittsburgh this weekend which is where the Rumble is taking place tonight.

I'm going to say no on a Jericho return as he seems to live for surprises and he's been fuckin with the fans over the fact that he's in PA this weekend.

Sheamus I'd say is a definite and Nash I could see being one of the surprise legends like he was a few years ago.

I'd love so much to see Warrior come out tonight but I don't think it will happen.
KevinFL
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by KevinFL »

But most importantly, where can we get a stream? I still refuse to pay $55 even though the Rumble is my favorite event of the year.
PsycoDidntKiLLm3
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PsycoDidntKiLLm3 »

Roman actually in my opinion should of won, give new talent a chance to have a shot. Batista winning is so cliche and boring. The crowd was feeling Roman and he put on quite a show. Who honestly didnt know Batista was going to win.....
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

yup, but the E's going to HAVE to give Danial Bryan his push. He's SO over right now, even with Hunter, Steph and Vince trying to buy him. I don't see Vinny putting up with boos at his PPVs very long. Bryan's not going away.
Roman Reigns is going to go solo soon. He's getting over, and they've built him up to the point it's gotta happen just to capitalize on his momentum.
I'm so tired of seeing Randy Orton I can't see straight.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

I have to agree with you about Reigns but the ending was pretty clear & predictable. Punk lasting almost 'til the end only to be eliminated unfairly by someone with The Authority was obvious for days. Reigns would leave the Rumble breaking Kane's record but not quite winning yet and Sheamus was there for a good showing. Frankly, I find Batista lame.

That crowd was great and definitely helped Reigns' & Bryan's careers.
PsycoDidntKiLLm3

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:I have to agree with you about Reigns but the ending was pretty clear & predictable. Punk lasting almost 'til the end only to be eliminated unfairly by someone with The Authority was obvious for days. Reigns would leave the Rumble breaking Kane's record but not quite winning yet and Sheamus was there for a good showing. Frankly, I find Batista lame.

That crowd was great and definitely helped Reigns' & Bryan's careers.
Was it just me or did the crowd booo Batista when he won? The crowd really loved Roman, despite his heel story.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

It definitely was NOT just you. That crowd was booing from the second Rey Mysterio came out as #30 & not Bryan to the last second the PPV was on the air. It would have been great to see Roman win but I think they're doing it right by taking their time with him.

Maybe I'm biased because I wasn't watching wrestling anymore when Orton & Batista were in their prime, but to me that's a pretty weak Main Event for WrestleMania 30.

Although, things can still change I guess, especially since I suppose Lesnar's going to get in the mix.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

My thoughts on tonight:

Pros:

-Wyatt/Bryan match. FANTASTIC stuff right there.
-Roman Reigns...If he can learn to talk, he's the total package
-The crowd. I knew from the get go that this was a "smart" crowd which is always more entertaining. I loved how they completely shit on the Cena/Orton match. Orton needs to go the fuck away. HORRIBLE overall performer

Cons:

-Everything else. What a shitty fucking rumble match outside of Reigns. No good surprises.

CM Punk vs HHH is pretty much a guarantee at wrestlemania after his run in with Kane today.

Overall, garbage show, BUT, I still think Bryan is going to come out on top in the end when it's all said and done. If he doesn't, I will stop watching after my New Orleans wrestlemania weekend.
PsycoDidntKiLLm3

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:It definitely was NOT just you. That crowd was booing from the second Rey Mysterio came out as #30 & not Bryan to the last second the PPV was on the air. It would have been great to see Roman win but I think they're doing it right by taking their time with him.

Maybe I'm biased because I wasn't watching wrestling anymore when Orton & Batista were in their prime, but to me that's a pretty weak Main Event for WrestleMania 30.

Although, things can still change I guess, especially since I suppose Lesnar's going to get in the mix.
It's not a good main event at all. Nor is Cena vs Batista or Cm Punk vs Batista ( if they must use these people this would probably be the best mix it's at least kind of different). It's obvious fans are sick of Orton and Cena who have been shoved down their throats for years. That's one reason why I thought Roman winning would be excellent, new talent shooting to the top and bringing fresh blood to main events and giving the fans something new that they weren't expecting. WWE is going to have to get it together because it's obvious the fans are not happy at all. I don't understand why Bryan isn't being utilized more myself. The crowd during the Cena / Orton match just showed that they want them away from main events for a good while.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

PsycoDidntKiLLm3 wrote:
TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:It definitely was NOT just you. That crowd was booing from the second Rey Mysterio came out as #30 & not Bryan to the last second the PPV was on the air. It would have been great to see Roman win but I think they're doing it right by taking their time with him.

It's not a good main event at all. Nor is Cena vs Batista or Cm Punk vs Batista ( if they must use these people this would probably be the best mix it's at least kind of different). It's obvious fans are sick of Orton and Cena who have been shoved down their throats for years. That's one reason why I thought Roman winning would be excellent, new talent shooting to the top and bringing fresh blood to main events and giving the fans something new that they weren't expecting. WWE is going to have to get it together because it's obvious the fans are not happy at all. I don't understand why Bryan isn't being utilized more myself. The crowd during the Cena / Orton match just showed that they want them away from main events for a good while.
I didn't watch the PPV, but was there a big crowd? As long as WWE makes money, they see no need to change things. Cena and Orton have been at the top for a long time now and they'll stay there as long as they're healthy enough and the money keeps rolling in. You want it to change? Stop watching. Honestly, I haven't watched a full episode of Raw or Smackdown in nearly a year and I really don't miss it much. I miss what it used to be when I first became a fan, but not what it's become.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

The only way to save Mania is for Undertaker to come out and challenge Bryan at WM and for the match to go on last and Bryan ends the streak
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Rollins tripped over the ring barrier & Stephanie referred to Daniel Bryan as both Daniel & Bryan. :D
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

I'm really sick of Daniel Bryan.
I'd love to see some blue chipper like Orton or Ziggler toss him through the roof of a cell.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Hard to believe The Miz headlined a Wrestlemania a couple years back.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

What was with that abortion of a tag title match?
Kat13
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Kat13 »

I wonder what's up with this?

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... we-events/

CM Punk Removed From All Upcoming WWE Events, Reportedly Tells WWE He's 'Going Home'

CM Punk, who did not appear at last night's RAW, also did not appear at tonight's SmackDown taping in Toledo, Ohio, despite being advertised for the event.

WWE has since removed Punk from almost all of their upcoming live events and television tapings on the events section of their website, although he remains on the Elimination Chamber page. It is not known at this time if Punk is injured, or if something else is going on. The last tweet that he posted on Monday night stated, "Thanks for all the support. Keep being you guys, it's pretty cool."

Punk's contract is up in July, and he stated in an interview last week that he doesn't know if he will re-sign after it expires, and that "everything is up in the air."

UPDATE: F4WOnline.com reports that Punk apparently told Vince McMahon at last night's RAW that he was going home and left the show. No further details were available other then that he's been removed from all shows going forward.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Wow, I hope it's some kind of work or something because other than the occasional legends themed shows or returns here and there, Punk is the main reason I started watching wrestling again in the first place. I mean, I'm a big fan of guys like Bryan, The Shield & Ziggler but if I miss a Raw or PPV, Punk's matches are the only ones I'll go out of my way to watch instead of just reading the results online.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

sliquor wrote:Hard to believe The Miz headlined a Wrestlemania a couple years back.
There were moments where Miz had real potential but the ball was dropped with him a long time ago.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

If Punk is legit gone, I don't blame him whatsoever. They completely screwed that guy over probably because he's a thorn in their side, but nonetheless, he was popular as fuck a few years ago and they completely killed all momentum. HHH has to be the worst thing to ever happen to wrestling
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

An update on the Jimmy Snuka/girlfriend's death story:

http://deadspin.com/grand-jury-to-inves ... 4/@barryap
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

I was at Punk's Portland Comic Con and I didn't feel the need to relay the information until he departed from WWE. There are two key parts of his Q&A that stand out in retrospect.

1. He was very upset about Batista getting the WrestleMania main event, which pretty much spoiled the Royal Rumble. He clarified he was friends with "Dave" and that "they" would not be happy, but he wanted to be honest and it was Daniel Bryan's year. Actually, he said Bryan Danielson but corrected quickly.

2. He was very disinterested in the current product. Asked about promos he defeatedly made comments like "I show up. Someone tells me what to do and I just go out do it and leave." He implied his recent work was not good and was down to only using two moves a match.

Punk was very nice, engaged, and happy with his fans but in regards to wrestling and WWE he was definitely despondent and unhappy.

Powell's POV: Punk has been down on WWE and his own performances for months now, so this is very consistent with what he has been telling friends. Punk's frustration over Batista getting the WrestleMania main event is no surprise, as he was initially critical of The Rock getting WrestleMania main events as well. And, well, he's not blind in the sense that many of us felt that Bryan winning the Rumble and going on to challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 30 was the obvious move to make.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publ ... 5553.shtml