The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by ParaDime77 »

Only 900 hundred tickets sold for Lockdown before bell time last night. Ouch.

Cool to see Muta, there was no better than him back in his day.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

I just hope Lashley was only a meaningless suprise for the sake of it and not the start of a storyline. I don't want to live in a world where there's no money for AJ Styles, yet there's money for this dolt. He truly belongs in WWE.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

last reZort..who who who...hes BACK AWESOME!!!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

SLD, do you care for WWE at all? I always see you talking TNA but not really WWE.

Come out to California next year and join me for Wrestlemania eh? You son of a bitch
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

I like Royal Rumble and check out the occasional other PPV, but I can't stomach their current product. I hate 90% of the roster and the few good ones aren't allowed to work for shit.

I'm sure I'd still have fun at a live event, but I just don't have that kind of money, ever. I can barely afford to go see my city's local promotion once a month, and that one makes the ECW arena look like MSG.
sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by sliquor »

Some comedy from Buff Bagwell:

On John Cena:

"I don't think he's a Rock, I don't think he is a Sting, I don't think he is a Goldberg, I don't think he is a Stone Cold. But i think he's bigger than a Buff Bagwell. I really do. Now mainly because of the way they've pushed him i give him credit than being bigger than me. When you lay out the facts, no he's not as big as The Rock, no he's not as big as Stone Cold, no he's not as big as these other guys i'm talking about. Then again, you give me the same push i think i would be just as big as John Cena.

More at:
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top- ... d-champion
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

sliquor wrote:Some comedy from Buff Bagwell:

On John Cena:

"I don't think he's a Rock, I don't think he is a Sting, I don't think he is a Goldberg, I don't think he is a Stone Cold. But i think he's bigger than a Buff Bagwell. I really do. Now mainly because of the way they've pushed him i give him credit than being bigger than me. When you lay out the facts, no he's not as big as The Rock, no he's not as big as Stone Cold, no he's not as big as these other guys i'm talking about. Then again, you give me the same push i think i would be just as big as John Cena.

More at:
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top- ... d-champion
:lol: wtf?!

He did get a push. Several! He was a boytoy of Missy Hyatt's and she got him involved with WCW. They tried to push him to the moon but he just didn't draw. They tried again in '93 when they put the tag straps on him & 2 Cold Scorpio. Then they tried again when he hit the 'roids and adopted the Buff Bagwell gimmick. Then they put him in the nWo. He did very well in the mid-card, but just wasn't meant to be anything more.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

How many years has it been since Vince ran him right the fuck outta town and the dumbass still has an inflated view of himself in the wrestling world. :roll: Goddamn some motherfuckers just never learn.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Another chance to quote my favorite line from Jim Ross:
"I'd like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth!"

Bagwell was always one of those "oh, yeah, he's there too" guys. Nothing more. No amount of push was going to change that.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Lardbucket wrote:Another chance to quote my favorite line from Jim Ross:
"I'd like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth!"

Bagwell was always one of those "oh, yeah, he's there too" guys. Nothing more. No amount of push was going to change that.
Indeed.

Just got in from taking my kid brother to WWE. I've got a whole new respect after seeing it front row.

Shield vs. Wyatt Family - one of the best matches I've ever seen. Roman Reigns is going to launch into one hell of a solo career. Both teams got a huge pop. Wyatt Family fucked Cena out of the strap in a steel cage match. Figure that out. Curveball ending for the live crowd.

And the pre/intermission/postshow music was VERY Sludgeworthy. Lots of 80's VH and 70's Aerosmith. As the houselights came on VH's "Happy Trails" played over the PA.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Ugh, looks like Bobby Lashley's there to stay. Even worse, contracts of both Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are running out. Not only were they awesome as Bad Influence lately, they're also the most integral TNA guys, along with AJ Styles, Abyss and James Storm. Letting them go would be insane.

On the upside, maybe the bitch division will be brought back from the dead. Saw Santana Garrett a.k.a. "Brittany" in Shimmer a couple of times, she's alright, and more importantly, Angelina Love is back! She's pretty much the only female wrestler who can hold a promo worth a fuck.

But in the most shocking news, Jeff Hardy actually manages to be entertaining with his new gimmick. I'd rather have him has a clownish hardcore wrestling heel than see his tedious fan routine one more time. Please never let him talk again.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Bad Influence is a really good tag team, TNA would be fools to not keep them.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

ParaDime77 wrote:Bad Influence is a really good tag team, TNA would be fools to not keep them.
Yep. They're easily the most entertaining characters in that promotion.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

sliquor wrote:Warrior fesses up (again):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3CDDu4AYSg

That's from 2008
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Can the WWE be more predictable? jesus, watching it now....the snore fest that will be: Bashitsa, Orton and now HHH(if he beats Bryan) will be the Triple Threat Match @ WM. Can they not think of something else to do? ALL 3 of those guys are pretty boring.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

lemmysmole wrote:Can the WWE be more predictable? jesus, watching it now....the snore fest that will be: Bashitsa, Orton and now HHH(if he beats Bryan) will be the Triple Threat Match @ WM. Can they not think of something else to do? ALL 3 of those guys are pretty boring.
Brian won't lose to HHH.

Trips is the anti-streak. He always jobs at Mania...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

They should get Bruiser Brody to induct Carlos Colon...oh wait.
Professional Hater
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Artemis2085 wrote:They should get Bruiser Brody to induct Carlos Colon...oh wait.
Maybe Invader's knife?
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

When I was a kid I went to WWF house show where the Invaders wrestled as faces. I was seated by the ring entrance & when the Invaders walked out I patted one of them on the back & was flashed a very distinct death stare.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

I enjoyed seeing Bryan beat down last night, needs to happen more often.
It's really gonna suck seeing some homeless looking fuck barely taller then the ring ropes "somehow" beat 3 heavyweights & win the strap at Mania.

Don't know what the logic would be but it would be sweet if Punk intervened & fucked up his shot at the gold.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Safe to assume one way or another Bryan is the champ at Mania. So, then what? Who does he defend it against at the next PPV? How long does he have it? What does the authority do?

And yes, it would be hilarious if CM Punk appeared and screwed over Bryan at Mania.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

If Punk is going to return at Mania it will definitely be to either screw or help Bryan.

What is everyone here thinking? Is the whole Punk thing an elaborate "work" or legitimate?
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:If Punk is going to return at Mania it will definitely be to either screw or help Bryan.

What is everyone here thinking? Is the whole Punk thing an elaborate "work" or legitimate?
A great work if they "sent him home" just so he could come back and screw DB out of winning the belt to setup a classic run between the 2 for Summerslam.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Finished watching Lockdown yesterday.

That 3-way with Muta was fun, Sabin was good, the japanese wrestlers were great

I thought that match with Manik and the japanese wrestlers was great. It started a Little slow but then it was great.

Magnus cuts a great promo. He is way better than Aries and Roode and the other TNA regulars..I bet the IWC doesn't like him but he has charisma, more so than AJ Styles...
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

btw if Punk signed with TNA that wouldn't be bigger than when Hardy made the jump in 2009 would it? Realistically, who would care?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

People don't watch WWE for the roster, so not a single "Punk fan" would follow him to another promotion. And in TNA he wouldn't really stand out as much as a worker anyway. I mean, back in ROH people like Joe and Aries already looked a lot better to me than Punk. His current status was just clever booking, I guess. When they made him champ in "ECW", his entire run was kind of shit and nobody cared.
FullDJacket wrote:Magnus cuts a great promo. He is way better than Aries and Roode and the other TNA regulars..I bet the IWC doesn't like him but he has charisma, more so than AJ Styles...
I think Aries and especially Roode are underrated talkers, but Magnus is definitely alright. He's still kind of bland in the ring, though.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

sliquor wrote:When I was a kid I went to WWF house show where the Invaders wrestled as faces. I was seated by the ring entrance & when the Invaders walked out I patted one of them on the back & was flashed a very distinct death stare.
Creepy.

To that end, has anyone here seen that infamous Manny Fernandez/Invader match? Manny gives Invader repeated knees to the chest from the top rope. Blood starts POURING out of Invader's mouth, people in the crowd are screaming, Manny the ref & Invader all have blood all over em.

Some have said since that was manny's last match in the territory, those knees were Invader's receipt for killing Brody. Others contend it was worked. I never what to make of it.
Professional Hater
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Since it was Invader 3 that Manny did that to and not Invader 1 I learn towards work.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.