The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Devour wrote:Yeah and Vince already sent them a letter about it ha!
so what does it say? that dx already did the same thing to wcw?
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
cease and desist letter. Sounds like WWE is going a little over board

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/09/28 ... se-pulled/
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

paule5150 wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:
cease and desist letter. Sounds like WWE is going a little over board

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/09/28 ... se-pulled/
So WWE is saying they'll sue if they use a phrase and hand gesture that was created by Hall and Nash in another company? Sure, they technically own the rights, but it just comes off petty.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Memphis wrestling announcer Lance Russell passed away today. He was 91
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

paule5150 wrote:Memphis wrestling announcer Lance Russell passed away today. He was 91
Wow. Very sad indeed. RIP.

So apparently we're going to see Sister Abigail....
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

paule5150 wrote:Memphis wrestling announcer Lance Russell passed away today. He was 91
Lance Russell was the man!

Love it when a heel Jerry Lawler would come out and beat on Bill Dundee or whomever and Lance would yell out in disgust,"Aww C'mon Jerry!!!!"
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

ParaDime77 wrote:

Love it when a heel Jerry Lawler would come out and beat on Bill Dundee or whomever and Lance would yell out in disgust,"Aww C'mon Jerry!!!!"
:lol:

Yes. And he was smart to the business but he got so damn into it. When Dundee and Phil Hickerson were brawling all over the channel 5 studio, Lance starts screaming, "Now that's enough, you hear me! THAT IS ENOUGH! You're tearing everything up here! Get it in the ring for crying out loud!"
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Lucha Underground gets no love here.
*sigh*
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Caustic Queen wrote:Lucha Underground gets no love here.
*sigh*
Nor should it.

Corny's Experience was great today. He choked up several times and told some amazing stories about Lance.

He got hot when the old story was brought up of Lawler going into the HOF and wanting Lance to induct him. Kevin "Bucky Beaver" Dunn said "No. Nobody knows who in the hell Lance Russell is. So William Shatner will be the one inducting you."

Sister Abigail's identity has been revealed. Looks like a bad bitch.

NXT are going to be doing a War Games match. Then Starrcade in November. Clash Of Champions is now a PPV event. I wonder if they brought back Halloween Havoc if it would work. Instead of doing the HIAC event where every fucking match is HIAC (which makes no sense at all), do Halloween Havoc and have a HIAC main event and throw in some old gimmicks like Texas Death Match, Coal Miners Glove, Last Man Standing, Casket Match, Blindford matches, etc. That could be really cool. But since it would be, WWE won't do it.

The rumor is if the NXT War Games goes well, you could see it implemented at WrestleMania, where the main event will be Reigns/Lesnar. Ugh. Better have a strong fucking undercard. And apparently John Cena has been taken off ads for Survivor Series, but will be working 2 live events per months for the rest of the year.
Professional Hater
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

*sigh*
Way better than whatever WWE is doing at any given time, but I rarely catch it anymore. I'm still following Impact, that's been fun lately with the GFW changeover. Lots of new and unexpected talent coming through.

In related news, Taya Valkyrie is the hottest thing in women's wrestling since forever. Sucks that they lost Mia Yim/Jade, would have loved to see these two together.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Artemis2085 wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:

:lol:

Yes. And he was smart to the business but he got so damn into it. When Dundee and Phil Hickerson were brawling all over the channel 5 studio, Lance starts screaming, "Now that's enough, you hear me! THAT IS ENOUGH! You're tearing everything up here! Get it in the ring for crying out loud!"

Yes!! :lol:

Or the classic heel Tommy Rich berating The King. “C’mon Tommy!” Classic Lance keeps the promo moving.

https://youtu.be/dDzHbe7cDng
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

Artemis2085 wrote: Coal Miners Glove,

BOOOOOOOOO.

You had me until that one lol
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Great stuff here. Lance Russell announcing the empty arena match with Jerry Lawler vs Terry Funk from 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2peOLg5gqKY
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

*sigh*
Love Lucha Underground.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

So, thoughts on HIAC? Did we just see a Sami Zayn heel turn at the end of the main event??? I'm already tired of seeing Mahal as champ. Good to see Corbin win the US title, though.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

paule5150 wrote:Great stuff here. Lance Russell announcing the empty arena match with Jerry Lawler vs Terry Funk from 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2peOLg5gqKY
"My eye! My eye!!"

Flair's 30 For 30 will finally air, in primetime, on November 5. Cannot wait.
Professional Hater
HAIRFORCEONE
Picking a Band Name

Post by HAIRFORCEONE »

dmbrocker wrote:So, thoughts on HIAC? Did we just see a Sami Zayn heel turn at the end of the main event??? I'm already tired of seeing Mahal as champ. Good to see Corbin win the US title, though.
Looks like they're calling it as such. Could be a good move for him since it seems they weren't doing much with him as a baby face.
If Assholes could fly, this place would be an airport.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

A few weeks ago, I posted this after a Montreal house show:

Jinder Mahal (with Singh Brothers) over Sami Zayn by pin fall - with Pat Patterson as guest timekeeper - Zayn, being from Montreal and headlining in his home town got a HUGE ovation. For the same reason Mahal got HUGE heal heat. It's obvious who the more talented of the two is, and Sami's skill and willingness to give the fans what they came to see, won the day. Mahal plays the part of the angry foreigner well, but he's not as talented as other big men. Mahal of course retained with interference from the Singh brothers. However, the payoff was this:

Mahal and the Singhs were laying a beating on Sami after the match; Pat Patterson got up on the apron to admonish the foreigners and they were about to lay a beating on him, THEN Kevin Owens runs from the back and the three local legends clean house, with it all ending with a stare down between Sami Z and Owens in the middle of the ring, and people not sure if they would start going at it, or embrace. As it turned out, Owens just rolled out of the ring, grabbed his young son out of the front row, and walked up the ramp, leaving Zayn to have his moment in the sun as the headliner. It was pretty huge. The hard core locals, who have followed these guys since their indie days, were crying - I kid you not. WWE could do something really cool with this angle if they wanted to. For now it was more of a nod to local Montreal wrestling history, which WWE has always respected.

Owens and Zayn have a long history together, and bring the best out of each other performance wise. I'm sure they will team together for a time, kick some ass in the process, and then Owens will turn on Sami and they will have a more than decent feud.

It's obvious, but being from Monteal and going WAY back with these guys, I'd like to see it.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

or.......the way the booking goes now...that was the blow off.....although kinda early....this is setting up shane vs sammi and owens doesn't really have much to do with it.

hell in the cell jumped the shark for me last night. 2 things:
1) when owens was taunting shane's kids they were laughing and having fun. shouldn't they pretend to be worried? if they can't sell don't put them ringside.

2) jumping off the cell. it was special when mick did it. it was ok the first time shane did it. now it's just a stunt. figure out a new gimmick
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Maybe kids had a bad week at home and enjoyed dad getting beat up

Hopefully wwe does something good with Owens and Sami. Bring back The Mounties with horses
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

This will probably be my last post ever as I’ve just found out Kelly Kelly has found the light and split up with her husband so I’m going to go find her and show her what’s she’s been missing out on. See you guys later.

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote:This will probably be my last post ever as I’ve just found out Kelly Kelly has found the light and split up with her husband so I’m going to go find her and show her what’s she’s been missing out on. See you guys later.

Follow your dreams!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:This will probably be my last post ever as I’ve just found out Kelly Kelly has found the light and split up with her husband so I’m going to go find her and show her what’s she’s been missing out on. See you guys later.

Follow your dreams!
:lol: :lol:

Isn't she married to Taker? This would be his 3rd or 4th divorce. Watch him return to WWE for Neal Schon reasons.

People Magazine reporting that Shane McMahon getting hurt last night is a shoot. Described as "a high risk stunt gone wrong" and has yet to leave the hospital in Detroit.
Professional Hater
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Artemis2085 wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:

Follow your dreams!
:lol: :lol:

Isn't she married to Taker? This would be his 3rd or 4th divorce. Watch him return to WWE for Neal Schon reasons.

People Magazine reporting that Shane McMahon getting hurt last night is a shoot. Described as "a high risk stunt gone wrong" and has yet to leave the hospital in Detroit.
I think Taker is married to Michelle McCool - or whatever her name is.

Wasn't Kelly Kelly married to ex-NHL player Sheldon Souray?
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Mahal is holding the belt until after the big WWE India tour coming up as the WWE is wanting to make a big play in the digital market their, hence Mahal being champ.

I know I’m in the minority here, I love Mahal as heel champ, such an old school 70’s vibe.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Mahal is awesome
Thought big India tour would be Smackdown
Kind of lame Raw with special guest type thing
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Rick Rude & Manny Fernandez annihilate the Mulkeys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otMgnvh7ICA

:D :D
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

ParaDime77 wrote:Mahal is holding the belt until after the big WWE India tour coming up as the WWE is wanting to make a big play in the digital market their, hence Mahal being champ.

I know I’m in the minority here, I love Mahal as heel champ, such an old school 70’s vibe.
agreed. he and kevin owens are the best heels in decades.
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

ParaDime77 wrote:Mahal is holding the belt until after the big WWE India tour coming up as the WWE is wanting to make a big play in the digital market their, hence Mahal being champ.

All I know is I am loving the internet wrestling nerds lose their shit over him going over Nakamura.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

According to Bruce Prichard she had no rhythm & Vince McMahon instructed her how to dance while she was standing on a plastic lawn chair backstage.