The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I thought all that was left was the "Celebrity Wing' of the Hall Of Fame for this year, which rumors are it's going to be Kid Rock.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:I thought all that was left was the "Celebrity Wing' of the Hall Of Fame for this year, which rumors are it's going to be Kid Rock.
means nothing to him. he's not a fan. joe c was.
how does jimbilly jim get in over dynamite, davey, anvil, honkey, the rock, demolition, killer b's, owen............crazy
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

He should get in for Uncle Elmer’s wedding alone
Hill Billy Jim was megastar...about time!

Elias megastar in training that dude is GOLD
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by sliquor »

Got a half hour to waste?
Here's a boring PBS documentary of sorts on pro wrestling done in the early 80s with help from the AWA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YiSdV1eeZc
sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by sliquor »

Jim Cornette on trying to run over a outlaw promoter with his car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s5GC71uuyM

& smashing the windows out of an ex employees car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHOjTgRga5o
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Flair bitch kid better have backup tonight..Ruby time!!!
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

LAglamrocker wrote:Flair bitch kid better have backup tonight..Ruby time!!!
Nope! If anyone's gonna make Charlotte her bitch now, it's Asuka!

No doubt AJ was going to win tonight, even against five other guys. No way were WWE creative going to scrap their Styles/Nakamura at WM plans.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Jeff Hardy arrested for DWI!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2763 ... ed-for-dwi
His contract most likely expires on April 10th. This is probably his Swan-ton Song...
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Caustic Queen wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Jeff Hardy arrested for DWI!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2763 ... ed-for-dwi
His contract most likely expires on April 10th. This is probably his Swan-ton Song...
This guy just never learns. He's at the end of a good career that could have been a great career. He has the talent, but just keeps self destructing. Reminds me of Scott Hall.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Rumors were they were planning a big run for him so maybe they planned on a new contract?
Nevertheless, not anymore.

I've never been a fan of The Hardy's anyway. There's also been a strange rumor that they're thinking of making Matt Hardy and Wyatt a tag team when this weird feud culminates. I really hope that isn't true.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

That’s who I think will challenge The Bar
Feud ends with Matt joining Wyatt at Mania
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Ugh, I mean, I'd love to see Wyatt get SOME kind of push but I don't know if I want it bad enough to have to deal with him teaming with Hardy :lol:
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:Ugh, I mean, I'd love to see Wyatt get SOME kind of push but I don't know if I want it bad enough to have to deal with him teaming with Hardy :lol:
The only push I want to see him get is Out the Door!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Detroit did you enjoy Rousey? Every Raw..nope
city got sold Brock and Rousey..FU Detroit!! Ha ha ha
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

LAglamrocker wrote:Detroit did you enjoy Rousey? Every Raw..nope
According to a post on Instagram, WWE Officials were handing out Snickers Bars as an apology for Rousey not being there :lol:
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:
According to a post on Instagram, WWE Officials were handing out Snickers Bars as an apology for Rousey not being there :lol:
Did they give them anything to apologize for Brock not being there? I know that's part of the storyline, but still, you have to believe there were clueless marks waiting for Lesnar to show!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

dmbrocker wrote:
Did they give them anything to apologize for Brock not being there? I know that's part of the storyline, but still, you have to believe there were clueless marks waiting for Lesnar to show!
Yea, they gave them a Roman Suspension and made them all happy...
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I'm diggin this angle with Roman.. I do think some of what he speaks is truth about the locker room shit.. I'd be pissed to have some half-time, if the WWE is lucky enough, non defending brawler holding the title for no fucking reason other than his name. But, people are stupid. They fall for that shit... Then, boo the wrestlers performing every night, every week, every month....etc..
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Roman angle would have been goldmine with any other top star in the spot..Braun would have been approaching Austin love

People believing Roman “pipebomb” is awesome. It’s a good angle

Braun tag team champions ha ha that’s great!!!

Hated wwe showing behind the curtain with Vince and SHANE..no need to spoil magic tricks
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Owens and Zayn apparently just murdered Shane - Smackdown goes off the air with a ref telling Shane "he's gonna make it" :lol:

As for the Reigns thing, I never disliked Reigns but he definitely lost a chunk of those he might have been winning over by referring to Brock as "Vince's Boy" when that's exactly how he's perceived by his haters. The Inernet Warriors are "Meme-ing" him to death over that comment.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

LAglamrocker wrote: Hated wwe showing behind the curtain with Vince and SHANE..no need to spoil magic tricks
The proverbial curtain AND the literal curtain has been lifted on most of that magic basically since the Attitude Era.

Sometimes it makes for good TV. Sometimes it just makes me miss "the old days" even more.

Speaking of the old days. I remember going to meet and greets for guys like The British Bulldog and Macho Man in their prime, while they held championships and barely having to pay anything for a picture and an autograph. These days it's AT LEAST a hundred dollars, sometimes more, to meet everyone from Paige to Alexa Bliss to Rusev and AJ Styles. And sometimes $100 is only for a Picture OR an autograph and if you want both it's often more than that. WTF?

Hell, even during the attitude era I took my girlfriend to meet The Hardy Boys, Kurt Angle and Scotty 2 Hottie, all during their primes, and I don't think any of them cost more than 20 or 30 dollars.

End Rant.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Bludegeon wrote:I'm diggin this angle with Roman.. I do think some of what he speaks is truth about the locker room shit.. I'd be pissed to have some half-time, if the WWE is lucky enough, non defending brawler holding the title for no fucking reason other than his name. But, people are stupid. They fall for that shit... Then, boo the wrestlers performing every night, every week, every month....etc..
having the world champ only make sporatic apperences makes the title worth more than having mean nothing matches on tv every week. people pay to see brock. it's a business. it makes sense for him to be champ. like the old nwa days.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Speaking of the old days. I remember going to meet and greets for guys like The British Bulldog and Macho Man in their prime, while they held championships and barely having to pay anything for a picture and an autograph. These days it's AT LEAST a hundred dollars, sometimes more, to meet everyone from Paige to Alexa Bliss to Rusev and AJ Styles. And sometimes $100 is only for a Picture OR an autograph and if you want both it's often more than that. WTF?

Hell, even during the attitude era I took my girlfriend to meet The Hardy Boys, Kurt Angle and Scotty 2 Hottie, all during their primes, and I don't think any of them cost more than 20 or 30 dollars.

End Rant.
As a little girl, the Face characters for AWA would actually stand out in the halls when you were leaving so you could meet them. I remember a couple of them getting down on one knee to hug me. (I was like kindergarten and under when I would go to shows)
Of course the heels had already run to their cars and took off to avoid confrontation!.

Last year at Wrestlecon, it was $50 to meet people I'd never even heard of. BUT, Jeff Cobb (Matanza) went Old School and stood in the hall after one of his shows to greet people. He stood up on a table.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:I'm diggin this angle with Roman.. I do think some of what he speaks is truth about the locker room shit.. I'd be pissed to have some half-time, if the WWE is lucky enough, non defending brawler holding the title for no fucking reason other than his name. But, people are stupid. They fall for that shit... Then, boo the wrestlers performing every night, every week, every month....etc..
having the world champ only make sporatic apperences makes the title worth more than having mean nothing matches on tv every week. people pay to see brock. it's a business. it makes sense for him to be champ. like the old nwa days.

I will politely disagree. I get the mean nothing matches. But, rival stories work better when both are present. Like they used to do in the 90's.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Breaking: Mark Henry's in the HOF!
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

dmbrocker wrote:Breaking: Mark Henry's in the HOF!
Really? Why? Sure, he was a loyal longtime employee, but he never drew a damn dime.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

That-guy wrote:
Really? Why? Sure, he was a loyal longtime employee, but he never drew a damn dime.
He didn't? He's the "World's Strongest Man", for crying out loud! He was a very successful mid-carder/sometimes main eventer!
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

dmbrocker wrote:
That-guy wrote:
He didn't? He's the "World's Strongest Man", for crying out loud! He was a very successful mid-carder/sometimes main eventer!
Has even one person not related to Mark Henry ever bought a ticket or a PPV just to see Mark Henry?
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

That-guy wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
That-guy wrote: Really? Why? Sure, he was a loyal longtime employee, but he never drew a damn dime.
Has even one person not related to Mark Henry ever bought a ticket or a PPV just to see Mark Henry?
I'm sure there have been a few, but that's not exactly the measure of a HOF'er here, I don't think.