The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Girl Shield is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

WWE programming has been hot garbage since Mania. Booking snafu’s galore, undersized wrestlers that should be on 205 Live booked against monsters. Continuously pushing Bálor and Nakamura to no avail. I’ll take HHH coming back and moving himself into the main picture.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

James Harris (Kamala) is on life support after emergency surgery:

http://www.wwe.com/article/kamala-under ... cy-surgery
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Well that's great..The Demon King is all for Mania..Brock vs Demon..he gets his Mania moment
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

LAglamrocker wrote:Well that's great..The Demon King is all for Mania..Brock vs Demon..he gets his Mania moment
Doubt it. Vince does not believe Balor is over, hence the recent losses.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

His big win after comeback is built for Mania. Dude won't have Goldberg win streak before Mania. Makes Mania special. Reason why he wasn't fed to Brock like the others. Vince builds up Joe Braun Styles to Brock for a reason. the star and money match is Demon vs Brock at Mania

Vince is all in on Balor
VanDokken
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VanDokken »

Going to StarCade Saturday night...hope it will be a cool house show
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

OMG Smackdown has Girl Shield also!!!!!!!!!
sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by sliquor »

Who's in the Girl Shield?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

THANKFUL for both Girl Shield!!!!!
Hmmm almost both look the same or very similar?!
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

My only problem with Paige is she needs to keep her damn tongue in her mouth! I gave up on wrestling ages ago but coming here and reading all of this (I’ve read ever bloody page!), it reminds me of some of the things I’ve missed. The internet has changed the landscape of wrestling and I wonder if the dinosaurs from the old days that are booking matches are going to kill the sport.

Maybe going back to the “independent” and “regional” systems would work better than just 2 shows that the WWE is doing now? It might be an idea from the past that could revitalise a stale system we have now? Naw, what am I thinking, Vince wants his monsters who have little ring skills, no mic skills, and poor booking.

Now I remember why I gave up in wrestling, no new ideas. But the new ladies are a good idea. They need more work on the fundamentals and some need to learn to work less stiff but I’d watch the ladies work rather than the roid monsters Vince keeps pushing.

Sorry for the tl:dr crap, just had a lot to vent.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
You’re alright 3 paragraphs doesn’t qualify for being too long. I would like to comment on Paige coming back. The idea of having a gang by bringing up the NXT wrestlers is a good idea I liked that part of the show on both Raw and Smackdown.

However I must have missed the part where the lady in charge of MAKEUP quit. How the hell did they take a look at Paige and say to themselves yep you look good to go. Good God Laurel Van Ness does a better job of applying makeup than Paige.

And here’s me being real for just one moment, this past year or so the videos and stories that were being told of her and Alberto left the impression that drugs were being taken. I would think the WWE has her on a pretty much regular drug screening. And I would just like for her to get off and stay off drugs. When you hear about someone being a drug addict the end of the story is never good.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

Agreed, drugs lead to bad things. Look at the highway of wrestling to see all the bodies littered alongside the road from the past. I like Paige but the goth shtick and the tongue thing bug me. She seems to take a great deal of that into real life and that's where things can go bad. But, as far as marijuana is concerned, why is it a big thing? So long as they're in a state where it's legal what's the problem? It can have beneficial help. And Vince has gone far out of his way to say it's "entertainment" and not a sport so he can skirt some of the legal loopholes. I think it should be like the airline's old rule of 24 hours bottle to throttle. So long as you're sober for more than 24 hours before ring time and aren't in anyway impaired, what's the problem?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Raw GIrl Shield week2!
Baywatch and MMA girl...thanks Vince!!!
Hope all 3 beatdown BaycrybabyLey! Rainbowbright you suck
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

LAglamrocker wrote: Hope all 3 beatdown BaycrybabyLey! Rainbowbright you suck
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

eddie lee roth wrote:^

However I must have missed the part where the lady in charge of MAKEUP quit. How the hell did they take a look at Paige and say to themselves yep you look good to go. Good God Laurel Van Ness does a better job of applying makeup than Paige.

I thought she looked bad... The over-the-top makeup is usually to hide something...
Her face looks thin... and her chin looks like she's had plastic surgery ...
I always thought she was so pretty before.. but... hey, her hair looked good...

stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

Caustic Queen wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:^

I thought she looked bad... The over-the-top makeup is usually to hide something...
Her face looks thin... and her chin looks like she's had plastic surgery ...
I always thought she was so pretty before.. but... hey, her hair looked good...

She always had a bit of a chin judging by older pictures of her but it's really pronounced in the picture. Maybe they need to lay off the spackle they use?
VanDokken
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VanDokken »

I went to Starrcade this weekend. Had a good time. It really was almost just a Smackdown house show but all the legends cameos helped it stand out. Should have been on the network. The Greensboro crowd was pretty hot which makes a show. Surprisingly the match of the night was the opener, Ziggler v. Roode. Crowd was really into it..Arn Anderson came out as the special enforcer to the match..near the end of the match he ended up giving Dolph a killer spinebuster that looked and sounded awesome..Arn still has it!..Dolph played it off like he was knocked out and the ref, Lil Naitch, had to carry him all the way back to the curtain...funny visual..Roode was way over.. Other appearances were, Steamboat, R-n-R Express, both Hardy Boys and of course Naitch! Another surprising fact, for some reason the crowd was super hot for Rusev. He was in the 12 man tag and the whole time the crowd had the "we want Rusev" chant going. shinsuke nakamura was way over but his match with Corbin was a DQ. Natty and Charlotte had a cage match (which I think was only the 3rd women's cage match WWE has ever had). AJ and Jinder had their main event cage match that surprisingly was a bit blah.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

I saw that clip with Arn. That spine buster looked amazing and the pop it got had to have been deafening.

Saw a brand new shoot clip with Kevin Sullivan. He says:
"Here's how out of control this shit got. The Ultimate Warrior...I had so many ideas for him and he had a ton of ideas. And finally, Hulk admits to me that he's still bothered he did that job in Toronto. Bischoff was in on it. They opened up Turners checkbook and paid him millions, all so Hogan could get a fake win back. That blew my mind. Then people wonder why we're not in business anymore."
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
stocknsocks

Post by stocknsocks »

Artemis2085 wrote:I saw that clip with Arn. That spine buster looked amazing and the pop it got had to have been deafening.

"Here's how out of control this shit got. The Ultimate Warrior...I had so many ideas for him and he had a ton of ideas. And finally, Hulk admits to me that he's still bothered he did that job in Toronto. Bischoff was in on it. They opened up Turners checkbook and paid him millions, all so Hogan could get a fake win back. That blew my mind. Then people wonder why we're not in business anymore."
I think it’s mostly the Bischoff sucked almost as bad as H and Steph do currently at WWE. They need to tighten the shows, go back to using managers for folks who can’t work the stick, and do more cruiser weight and luchador stuff but Vince wants his monsters and to hell with what the public wants.

Vince, listen to the public. You have some talent that needs seasoning and practice. You have women that can work the mic and can bring bring heel heat or crowd pops for other wrestlers. Make some small changes and let go of the egos in place. You really have some talent right now but you need to run a little leaner and you have some big dead weight you insist on keeping around. Dump them, spend the money elsewhere, and for fucks sake get rid of your kids and son in law and put them in office jobs and get somebody else to fucking book!
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

sliquor wrote:The Spinebuster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0EUBrVQIKg
8) 8)

How can that not bring a smile to your face?

Apparently this was the pop of the night, during what most consider the match. Give Ziggler the goddamn strap already!!
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

That was cool. Fuck, I miss the old days.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Artemis2085 wrote:
8) 8)

Apparently this was the pop of the night, during what most consider the match. Give Ziggler the goddamn strap already!!
Yeah, shame they've been burying Ziggler lately. Roode's great, but put him and Dolph in a higher card feud, for chrissakes!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

Artemis2085 wrote:I saw that clip with Arn. That spine buster looked amazing and the pop it got had to have been deafening.

Can you provide a link? I couldn't find anything on Youtube with Sullivan that appeared to be recent.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Matt Hardy is going to print money for Vince with the Awoken gimmick bring greenlighted.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Staples Center crowd was laughing loud with it..it was hysterical
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Drunken Little Elf wrote:

Can you provide a link? I couldn't find anything on Youtube with Sullivan that appeared to be recent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZZ6wmNCsc
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

sliquor wrote:
Drunken Little Elf wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZZ6wmNCsc
That's not the clip I saw (Hannibal does great shoots, btw) but this basically explains the whole thing.

"He [Hogan] put himself ahead of the business." Well said, Sully.

From the same shoot, Kevin talks Brian Pillman and the "booker man" incident at SuperBrawl 6. When Arn came out after Pillman left, Arn started whipping Sullivan with the strap intended for the match and that shit was stiff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sI7zCbk-qM

Al "Lazy Eye" Perez talks his WWF experience and encounter with Pat Patterson (funny story):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sI7zCbk-qM

ETA: Another Al Perez gem - "Sting never sold tickets" :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VZ_3PQkYAg

Al Perez on not jobbing to Flair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGxp713_UZM

He's as delusional as Manny "Stolen Valor" Fernandez.
Professional Hater
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

dmbrocker wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:
8) 8)

Yeah, shame they've been burying Ziggler lately. Roode's great, but put him and Dolph in a higher card feud, for chrissakes!
When a lot of these guys graduate from NXT I notice it seems like their going way way overboard with their introductions. (Balor, Nakamura and Roode right off the top of my head)

And watching that clip it looks like Bobby is having a spastic attack with his hands. He looks just like a fucking retard. :roll: