The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by dmbrocker »

Iron Shiek dead at 81. R.I.P., Khosrow…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wwe/a ... -icon.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

R.I.P. Sheiky Baby
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

aew ppv shows continue to deliver.

will osprey vs kenny omega was one of the best matches ever. wish i could have seen the stuff they did in new japan.

brian danielson and okada was killer too. fun show top to bottom
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

R.I.P. Droz…Amazing how he was able to still manage to contribute to pro-wrestling even after being permanently paralyzed:

https://nypost.com/2023/06/30/former-ww ... at-54/amp/
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Vinny Mac just got subpoenaed for his alleged sexual misconduct allegations:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-wwe ... 07870.html
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:58 am Vinny Mac just got subpoenaed for his alleged sexual misconduct allegations:

any idea who the women are that he paid off?
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:21 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:58 am Vinny Mac just got subpoenaed for his alleged sexual misconduct allegations:

any idea who the women are that he paid off?
Rosa Mendes was leaked as a name at some point, IIRC. I haven't heard any of the others.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

With AEW All In — the promotion's biggest event in its history — looming, all eyes have been fixed on historic Wembley Stadium, the pay-per-view's venue. For at least a few members of the AEW team, another matter has drawn their attention. Daniel "Cash" Wheeler — one half of FTR, the reigning AEW World Tag Team Champions — was arrested by the Orlando Police Department on Friday morning, Wrestling Inc. has learned.

Per the report, the 36-year-old is facing one count of aggravated assault with a firearm. Wheeler and partner Scott Dawson, known professionally as Dax Harwood, is currently booked to defend the tag team titles at AEW All In on August 27, though that now remains to be seen.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Terry Funk passes away

I’m struggling to process this — but Terry Funk is gone. I just talked to Terry’s daughter, Brandee, who gave me the awful news. He was my mentor, my idol, and one of my closest friends. He was the greatest wrestler I ever saw.
If you get the chance, look up a Terry Funk match or a Terry Funk promo, and give thanks that this incredible man gave so much, for so long, to so many. There will never be another like him. May God bless Terry, his friends, family and all who loved him. RIP my dear friend - it was an honor to know you.
#RIPTerryFunk - Mick Foley

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/17460 ... 9.html?p=1
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

He’d been dealing with dementia for a while now, hadn’t he? A true hardcore wrestling legend. RIP, Terry…
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life Windham Rotunda - also known as Bray Wyatt - unexpectedly passed earlier today. Our thoughts are with his family and we ask that everyone respect their privacy at this time.

— Triple H (@TripleH) August 24, 2023

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1694 ... wsrc%5Etfw
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

paule5150 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:49 pm Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life Windham Rotunda - also known as Bray Wyatt - unexpectedly passed earlier today. Our thoughts are with his family and we ask that everyone respect their privacy at this time.

— Triple H (@TripleH) August 24, 2023

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1694 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Oh wow, seriously? Looks like he and Jonathan/Luke Harper/Brodie Lee are having a Wyatt Family reunion in the afterlife now... :cry:
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

The Bray Wyatt tributes were nicely done but fuck me the Terry Funk Hardcore match was an embarrassment, Terry would be turning in his grave and he is not even buried yet, 1 fucking table spot does not make a match hardcore
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

C.M. Punk reportedly had a physical altercation with Jack Perry backstage right before Punk wrestled Samoa Joe in the opening match at AEW’s All in PPV today.

There are no details on the incident available yet, but Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful posted on X (Twitter) that Punk and Perry had a physical altercation backstage today. Perry wrestled on the Zero Hour pre-show where he defended the FTW Championship against Hook. Right before Hook reversed Perry with a suplex onto the windshield of a limo that Perry arrived in, Perry looked at the camera and said, “It’s real glass, cry me a river.”

Punk and Perry had a disagreement recently behind the scenes during an episode of Collision when Perry wanted to use real glass in a segment that was going to be shot for a segment. A report from Fightful Select detailed that Punk did not like that Perry wanted to use real glass for the segment and he believed that Perry wanted to use it so that he could avoid coming to work the next week.

Punk also was upset because he believed that the spot showed that Perry disregarded production, doctors, and Tony Schiavone’s advice not to do the spot. The report indicated that Punk calmly told everyone that Collision doesn’t do this and Perry could stay on the Wednesday show (Dynamite) if he didn’t like it. According to the report, Perry threw a temper tanrtrum over the spot not being cleared.

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2023/08/27 ... at-all-in/
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

CM Crybaby didn’t work out? Who could have predicted that? :lol:
Hire CM Crybaby and sink AEW titanic :lol: :lol:
Kangaroo Kick to AEW nuts :lol: :lol:

Rollins vs Punk night 1 Mania
Rollins curbs stops that jackass!

Ha ha all wrestling “marks” what now? :lol:
Chanting CM PUNK CM Punk at WWE events thinking this makes WWE mad :lol:
Punk signs with Awful Every Week! It’s over WWE!
All wrestling “marks” realizes he is CM Bumb!
Ha ha ha
Payback should open with KISS My Ass Club with HHH in the ring!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

"All Elite Wrestling (AEW) has terminated the wrestler and employment agreements between Phillip Brooks (CM Punk) and AEW with cause, effective immediately. The termination was confirmed today by Tony Khan, CEO, General Manager, and Head of Creative of AEW.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/17496 ... e.html?p=1
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

R.I.P. Adnan Al-Kaissie (Billy White Wolf/General Adnan) at 84:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1387388/ad ... es-age-84/
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

WWE roster cuts today...

-Dolph Ziggler
-Shelton Benjamin
-Elias
-Rick Boogs
-Riddick Moss
-Top Dolla
-Aliyah
-Mustafa Ali
-Emma
-Yulisa Leon
-Shanky
-Dabba Kato
-Bryson Montana
-Dana Brooke
-Mansoor
-Mace (Brennan Williams)
-Quincy Elliot

https://prowrestling.net/site/2023/09/2 ... -releases/
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

I guess a few of those were expected following the merger, but Mustafa Ali was in the middle of a feud on NXT, so I'm a little surprised they'd cut him right then.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Damn! Now Riddle's gone! I had heard there might be more cuts after those nine:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma/ma ... 209c3&ei=7
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

sounds like cm punk to impact. WHY???? guess he doesn't want to go to japan
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

ronda rousey to ROH.. that must have cost tony a boatload of cash
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Hell has officially frozen over. Time to place your bets on how long the honeymoon between Punk and the new owners actually lasts.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:15 pm Hell has officially frozen over. Time to place your bets on how long the honeymoon between Punk and the new owners actually lasts.
It’s reportedly a multi year deal, but so was his deal with AEW so who knows? I have a feeling he’s going to be on his best behavior. If he can avoid the backstage drama, he has a lot to offer. It’s obviously his last shot at making a decent paycheck in wrestling so hopefully he behaves himself.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

First hour of RAW tonight is commercial free. In other news Sunny gets 17 years in prison.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Poor Cody comes out hinting at WM rematch with Roman and then Shakey Nakumura interrupts saying don’t forget about me.

15 minutes later everything turns upside down when the Rock comes back and says he wants to eat at the head of the table.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

eddie lee roth wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:48 am Poor Cody comes out hinting at WM rematch with Roman and then Shakey Nakumura interrupts saying don’t forget about me.

15 minutes later everything turns upside down when the Rock comes back and says he wants to eat at the head of the table.
You just know they’re setting up Dwayne to be the one to end Roman’s title reign at WM. It’s pretty much the most poorly kept secret in WWE right now.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:07 pm
eddie lee roth wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:48 am Poor Cody comes out hinting at WM rematch with Roman and then Shakey Nakumura interrupts saying don’t forget about me.

You just know they’re setting up Dwayne to be the one to end Roman’s title reign at WM. It’s pretty much the most poorly kept secret in WWE right now.
not gonna happen. that's a hell of a swerve. if he wins he drops it the next night on raw. can't see it happening though
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

WWE moves Raw to Netflix starting January 2025

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/17955 ... h.html?p=1
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

paule5150 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:16 pm WWE moves Raw to Netflix starting January 2025

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/17955 ... h.html?p=1
Definitely not a smart move if you ask me. I get they're trying to make more money, but to me that's pretty much making Raw a PPV and alienating whatever portion of its fanbase that can't afford Netflix or doesn't want to shell out for it. Plus, Raw leaving USA Network is pretty much the end of an era for so many of us who grew up on it.