The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by dmbrocker »

sliquor wrote:Jinder "No Juice" Mahal beat Orton for the strap. :shock:
I had a feeling it would happen the way he and the Singh brothers have been pushed lately.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

When WWE seems real it's the best!
What an incredible event
Breezango wow 10! 10!10!
Girls great
Wow finally a champ I truly LOVE
Just like that Smackdown recovers from rape draft..so awesome!!!!!!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Takeover was excellent. Bates/Dunne was match of the year material.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

demolition23 wrote:Takeover was excellent. Bates/Dunne was match of the year material.
Dive.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Artemis2085 wrote:
demolition23 wrote:Takeover was excellent. Bates/Dunne was match of the year material.
Dive.
lol

I agree with that particular critique of indie/new style wrestling to a point, but still, that match was well planned, well executed and felt like it mattered.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Thx for the heads up, will watch it when i get home . Nxt has been so fucking stale with nakamura and roode. Hope they will turn the page now with some new guys
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

WTF?! I want to see this so damn bad and I'm about ready to give up on it. They did the same two year build up on the Von Erich one, only for it to be a short.

A story starting to gain traction is that Mark Calloway will be returning to the WWE, but not The Undertaker. They've already begun production on his documentary DVD and he will be doing a live Stone Cold Podcast for WWE Network reportedly around either SummerSlam or Survivor Series. He will also headline the HOF next year per Meltzer.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

That would be cool if he/they did that.

And WTF I didn't know ESPN did anything at all about the Von Erich's!

As a kid I worshiped Kerry, actually got to see him with the original Von Erich trio of David Kevin and Kerry.

I was out to sea and the ship would make this little half assed attempt of a newspaper that I would read with my breakfast after getting off work before I'd go to bed and I can still remember as clear as day reading that he had killed himself.

I couldn't believe my eyes of course back then and where I was I really didn't know what was going on.

I still to this day feel so much sympathy when I see Kevin I can't imagine what it feels like to have no brothers when he had five of them.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:That would be cool if he/they did that.

And WTF I didn't know ESPN did anything at all about the Von Erich's!

As a kid I worshiped Kerry, actually got to see him with the original Von Erich trio of David Kevin and Kerry.

I was out to sea and the ship would make this little half assed attempt of a newspaper that I would read with my breakfast after getting off work before I'd go to bed and I can still remember as clear as day reading that he had killed himself.

I couldn't believe my eyes of course back then and where I was I really didn't know what was going on.

I still to this day feel so much sympathy when I see Kevin I can't imagine what it feels like to have no brothers when he had five of them.
Wow you got to see all the brothers! Far out. Sportatorium or house show?

The ESPN thing was okay but you really need to check out Heroes Of World Class. Documentary that tells the story from beginning to end in depth including the storylines. WWE's doc, Triumph and Tragedy is also a must. Between those 2, you get the whole complete story.

My cousin was Mike's GF for a long time up until his passing. Everyone thought they were going to get married, but you know what happened. She was there with him during his bout with Toxic Shock Syndrome and he truly was never the same again, right down to his speech.

30 For 30 Shorts, Wrestling The Curse:
https://youtu.be/53KB4pnurn0
Professional Hater
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Yeah thanks to your other post a day or so ago I went to YouTube and watched it.

I have the WWE doc but not the other one you mentioned.

I'll have to look at getting it can't believe it I didn't know about.

The Von Erich story now looking back at it sure does show a different real reality then what you felt about them at the time.

There's a real great indeapth story about all of them out there I think its from the wrestling observer.

He really digs in and tells you how it really was for Kerry.

He talked about there was some house show that Kerry was in when was just getting back in the ring with his prosthetic foot.

The guy he wrestled actually pulled it off and Kerry freaking out grabbed it and went under the ring and put it back on.

There was a lot of bullshit and trying to hush hush the whole story and it seemed to work thanks to the way things were back then and no internet to spread information around.

As to seeing them they really worked the Oklahoma territory to not just Texas shows.

I saw them in Norman at the OU arena the Lloyd Noble Center I can't really remember who all they wrestled

The best thing I still laugh at today was my older brother had first row ring side tickets and during a match with Bugsy McGraw he got thrown out of the ring and I guess my brother might have drank muscles he really didn't have and yelled out to get back in the ring Bugsy got right in his face and said how bout I put a ring around your ass. :lol:

Oh man it was funny to see my brother who didn't know if he was just working or wanting to kick his ass for real.

Either way he wised up real quick and sat his ass back down on the seat real quick and shut the fucked up.

I had a real love/hate relationship with my brother growing up and from that night on Bugsy became one of my favorites to watch.

If I remember right this was still around the time before Vince took everything over and it was still territory days.

I remember watching Mid-South Wrestling with a just getting started JR as an announcer.

I also was into World Class Wrestling and thanks to Ted Turner's TBS station I got at first it was Georgia Championship Wrestling then it was NWA and eventually became WCW.

Goddamn look at what you made me do I feel like a old fart who won't shut up it's all your fault. :mrgreen:
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Yeah thanks to your other post a day or so ago I went to YouTube and watched it.

I have the WWE doc but not the other one you mentioned.

I'll have to look at getting it can't believe it I didn't know about.

The Von Erich story now looking back at it sure does show a different real reality then what you felt about them at the time.

There's a real great indeapth story about all of them out there I think its from the wrestling observer.

He really digs in and tells you how it really was for Kerry.

He talked about there was some house show that Kerry was in when was just getting back in the ring with his prosthetic foot.

The guy he wrestled actually pulled it off and Kerry freaking out grabbed it and went under the ring and put it back on.

There was a lot of bullshit and trying to hush hush the whole story and it seemed to work thanks to the way things were back then and no internet to spread information around.

As to seeing them they really worked the Oklahoma territory to not just Texas shows.

I saw them in Norman at the OU arena the Lloyd Noble Center I can't really remember who all they wrestled

The best thing I still laugh at today was my older brother had first row ring side tickets and during a match with Bugsy McGraw he got thrown out of the ring and I guess my brother might have drank muscles he really didn't have and yelled out to get back in the ring Bugsy got right in his face and said how bout I put a ring around your ass. :lol:

Oh man it was funny to see my brother who didn't know if he was just working or wanting to kick his ass for real.

Either way he wised up real quick and sat his ass back down on the seat real quick and shut the fucked up.

I had a real love/hate relationship with my brother growing up and from that night on Bugsy became one of my favorites to watch.

If I remember right this was still around the time before Vince took everything over and it was still territory days.

I remember watching Mid-South Wrestling with a just getting started JR as an announcer.

I also was into World Class Wrestling and thanks to Ted Turner's TBS station I got at first it was Georgia Championship Wrestling then it was NWA and eventually became WCW.

Goddamn look at what you made me do I feel like a old fart who won't shut up it's all your fault. :mrgreen:
:lol:
Nothing wrong with that!

The other documentary is Heroes Of World Class. It was produced before Kevin sold the library so it's really in depth. Over 2.5 hours. Shows Kevin visiting the Sportatorium as its being demolished, etc. It's damn near impossible to find but if I can find my copy I'll burn it for ya. They show stats on how WCCW was doing better than WWF & AWA in places like Salt Lake City for instance. The boys wanted to start going there and Fritz response was "No. How are the ticket sales in Waco?"
Professional Hater
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
Wow if you could do that I would appreciate it big time.

I would even try my best to look the other way and not comment in the NFL thread when you would say something about those fucking Cowboys. :mrgreen:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Hey Artemis thanks again for the offer I appreciate it but don't bother I just found it on Amazon and already placed my order.

I think it would of been real hard for me to be nice to a Cowboys fan during this upcoming season. :lol:

I even give Machado a hard time throughout this site but of course there's a lot more there than just being a Cowboys fan to fuck with too.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Not that I really give a shit but seeing Sasha Banks on Raw right now I got to think the reports on Vince not thinking too much of her is true to go from being in the title hunt to this shit.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Hey Artemis thanks again for the offer I appreciate it but don't bother I just found it on Amazon and already placed my order.

I think it would of been real hard for me to be nice to a Cowboys fan during this upcoming season. :lol:

I even give Machado a hard time throughout this site but of course there's a lot more there than just being a Cowboys fan to fuck with too.
:lol:

How much did it set you back? Single disc or 2? The 2 disc was a one run only and collectible.
Professional Hater
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

It was around 50 and it says it's the 2 disc set.

Reading the reviews it's been put out twice with the 2nd time around just different packaging that if you didn't know better you would of bought it thinking it was something new.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

I have a little Kerry Von Erich story from his Texas Tornado days in the WWF

Must have been around 1989-1990 we gave him a ride from the hotel to a local Gym in Montreal he was a great guy very chatty after his workout we drove him back to the hotel i have no fucking clue what he took in the gym but he was a completely different guy almost passed out in the front seat of the car we were like 16-17 and freaking out :?

Damn job this week i missed a shit ton of leaked Melina nude pics

https://www.celebjihad.com/wwe-melina/w ... tos-leaked
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

theglammerthebetter wrote: Damn job this week i missed a shit ton of leaked Melina nude pics

https://www.celebjihad.com/wwe-melina/w ... tos-leaked

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

theglammerthebetter wrote:I have a little Kerry Von Erich story from his Texas Tornado days in the WWF

Must have been around 1989-1990 we gave him a ride from the hotel to a local Gym in Montreal he was a great guy very chatty after his workout we drove him back to the hotel i have no fucking clue what he took in the gym but he was a completely different guy almost passed out in the front seat of the car we were like 16-17 and freaking out :?
Yeah that is sad. Knowing what we do now it sounds like there really wasn't any drug that he wouldn't do. That was cool of you to help him out with a ride though.

Speaking of dead wrestlers I remember as a kid in the early 80's seeing Rick Rude walk right by me in a water park. He was with WCCW at the time right before Vince really took over with the WWF. I swear to God looking at him through my eyes as a kid he looked like a Gorilla with no fur. :lol:

He was freaking huge. I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I've got a memory thanks to my dad and older brother. So I knew who he was I wish I would of said something to him as I'm sure he would of been nice to a little kid but at that time he scared the shit out of me. :lol:
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

theglammerthebetter wrote:I have a little Kerry Von Erich story from his Texas Tornado days in the WWF

That's fucking crazy!

Ron Fuller (Col. Parker) recently told a Kerry story. Funny but sad.
"Kerry was a real sweet guy with demons. I remember when he came to Tennessee and he seemed really...hyper. He'd say, 'Hey man how are you?' I'd say 'I'm good Kerry.' Then he'd say 'How's your family? How are those kids?' I'd say 'They're doing great.' He'd say 'That's great Ron. Those kids, that's what it's all about.' Then he'd go off and about 15 minutes later we'd have the same conversation. Same questions, everything. Every time I saw him, at least 2-3 times every time. He honestly couldn't remember talking to you just a few minutes before."
Professional Hater
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Pretty solid steel cage match for the tag titles and a decent fatal five-way. Was somewhat surprised that Samoa Joe won. Women's title match was absolute dogshit.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

dmbrocker wrote:Pretty solid steel cage match for the tag titles and a decent fatal five-way. Was somewhat surprised that Samoa Joe won. Women's title match was absolute dogshit.
wasn't really all that extreme. except maybe for the number of rules.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Surprised by the AA cruiser weight title loss. Wonder what is in store for him? I think his look would be better if he covered his legs. Great wrestler who knows how to tell a story with a upper body that at least looks like he knows where the weight lifting room is but he's got small legs that draw attention to them by sticking out like they do.

I know that might sound silly but I can't help but notice that shit. At least he's not as bad as Mike Bennett, Maria Kanellis's husband. When he was in TNA it looked like he was walking on toothpicks.

I read on the wrestling boards that WWE didn't want to have whoever won last nights main event to have a real long time story with Lesnar preferring to save that for SummerSlam. If so and I hope it is I'd love to see Lesnar do Samoa Joe just like he did to John Cena in the SummerSlam 2014 main event match. If you don't remember it go back and look it was a massacre and I gained some respect for Cena for going along with the story.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I only half-assedly watched the PPV last night so I can't complain too much and I guess any praise I give can't be taken too much to heart either lol

But I thought the Miz/Ambrose match was good. I was really surprised at the dueling chants. Miz really got over, which makes me happy. I always liked him. To me he's turned into a real old school Heel Intercontinental Champion, if that makes sense.

The Women's Title Match I enjoyed but that could just be because I absolutely am in love with Alexa Bliss :lol:

The Main Event was pretty good. I was surprised by the Samoa Joe win too, but as was stated, I didn't really care too much about who won the match because you know they're going to be fed to Lesnar, which is ok with me too because I do love Lesnar.

Unpopular statement: I never liked the Hardys so I'm glad they lost.

That new guy who walks around playing an acoustic guitar, I can see a future segment with The Rock doing one of his guitar singalong bits and then breaking the guitar over the guy's head or something.

Random Thought:
During the Main Event I couldn't help but think how strange it would have been to see these types of matches back in the day...Like could you imagine a Fatal Four or Five Way Match with Hogan, Macho Man, Warrior, Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect? Or something similar to that?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bray Wyatt opening Raw with more of his South Park style soap opera storytelling when he talked about how he's still alive, he's still here, he's still standing he should of closed with and still losing all the time too.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

WWE hyping tonight's Smackdown main event between Owens and Nakamura like they've never had a match against each other before, but conveniently forgetting ROH. D'oh!
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Waiting on the imminent Nakamura burial.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

dmbrocker wrote:WWE hyping tonight's Smackdown main event between Owens and Nakamura like they've never had a match against each other before, but conveniently forgetting ROH. D'oh!
The official stance that WWE has always taken is that if it didn't happen in WWE, it didn't happen. The only time they ever stray from that is when they buy out a company like WCW or ECW.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

ParaDime77 wrote:Waiting on the imminent Nakamura burial.
I'm waiting to find out who's been attacking Enzo and Cass backstage and what Kurt's embarrassing secret is....
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:Waiting on the imminent Nakamura burial.
Me too! I just don't get all the hype!
I have watched wrestling my whole life. Being said, you have to ask yourself in 5 years where Nakamura will be in WWE television. Organic promos have ruled the high end WWE Main Event scene in Wrestlemania for years. Nakamura will be doing comedy skits well before then.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch