The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Artemis2085 »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
TheCULTofMANSON wrote:Is Kurt angle gay? Wtf lol
I wonder if this isn't an affair angle w/ Steph setting up a HHH vs Angle match at Summerslam?
That seems to be where it's headed. I can see why ppl would think it's Dixie, but what would actually be the payoff here? It's not like she can cut a promo to save her life and Angle doesn't need a valet type of thing. But given how asinine their "booking" is, I can very sadly see it happening.

If it is Stephanie, then what a shit way to set up such a big match. This is an angle that could really build and get some heat for a Survivor Series or Wrestlemania payoff. But goddamn WWE and their hot shot booking won't let it happen. They have stopped using Pyro as a cost cutting measure because the gates are so down. Maybe if they put on an actual wrestling show instead of hot shotting everything thus creating a major Telenovella effect...
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Artemis2085 wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
TheCULTofMANSON wrote:Is Kurt angle gay? Wtf lol
I wonder if this isn't an affair angle w/ Steph setting up a HHH vs Angle match at Summerslam?
That seems to be where it's headed. I can see why ppl would think it's Dixie, but what would actually be the payoff here? It's not like she can cut a promo to save her life and Angle doesn't need a valet type of thing. But given how asinine their "booking" is, I can very sadly see it happening.

If it is Stephanie, then what a shit way to set up such a big match. This is an angle that could really build and get some heat for a Survivor Series or Wrestlemania payoff. But goddamn WWE and their hot shot booking won't let it happen. They have stopped using Pyro as a cost cutting measure because the gates are so down. Maybe if they put on an actual wrestling show instead of hot shotting everything thus creating a major Telenovella effect...
I've always thought a Kurt and Stephanie had a good chemistry on air.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Rumor has it that Marlena will be returning to Goldust's side!
WOW!!!

I can't believe she's going to do this while she's the First Lady.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I can't wait to see her on TV! She's going to be excellent as a heel. What would be even better is if she makes Rusev their bodyguard using blackmail tactics.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

So Kurt's big surprise is Jason Jordan of American Alpha being revealed as his son. I dunno, but I kind of find that to be a yawn compared to what I was expecting. Where's the Stephanie or Dixie affair we were expecting?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:So Kurt's big surprise is Jason Jordan of American Alpha being revealed as his son. I dunno, but I kind of find that to be a yawn compared to what I was expecting. Where's the Stephanie or Dixie affair we were expecting?
Jesus. Really?!

So they finally developed a storyline that has the most heat of anything their shitty creative (headed by Steph) has concocted in literally YEARS...and it's this steaming pile of bullshit. I honestly don't know why I'm so surprised.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

dmbrocker wrote:So Kurt's big surprise is Jason Jordan of American Alpha being revealed as his son. I dunno, but I kind of find that to be a yawn compared to what I was expecting. Where's the Stephanie or Dixie affair we were expecting?

Yeah I agree Dixie or Stephanie would have been a trip. What a letdown,very anticlimactic. By the way why can't Angle say WWE correctly lol
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Angle son is funny!!!
All fans pissed, good job WWE!
It's just step one, JJ will turn on Angle coming weeks or months. HHH will come out reveal JJ is not his son, JJ beats on Angle and joins HHH as new heel. Setting up Angle vs JJ at Rumble
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Just watched the KC Timeline WWE '92 with Bret Hart.

* Says Hogan / Flair at WM8 didn't happen because they did dismal box office at the house shows. 4,500 paid in the Omni for instance, plus Sid was promised the main event at WM8 when he signed in June '91.

* Sid was fired for having Harvey Wippleman piss for him at a drug test in Nassau. Neidhart refused all together and was fired days later in Georgia. Sid was fired at Boston Garden days later.

* Claims the plan was for the Royal Rumble '93 main event to have Warrior tap to the sharp shooter. From there he'd defeat Savage at WM9, then Savage / Warrior either turn on each other over Bret or have a run with the tag belts by Summer Slam.

* Says he broke up the Nailz attack on Vince and that Vince throat was bruised. But Jon Nord and Warlord were watching the door so I'm not sure about that. It was all over projected payoffs for jobbing to Warrior on the upcoming house shows and past payoffs for jobbing to Bossman.

* Says Hogan worked the boys into thinking WM8 was legit his last match. He painted a portrait of Hogan to say thanks and had all the boys sign it. Hogan sold his retirement all the way and guys were miffed when he showed back up 10 months later.

* Says the "Ric Flair experiment" was done as early as July '92, hence why he wasn't on the card at SS 92.

* A lot of complaining.
Professional Hater
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Shane-O Mac is okay after an emergency helicopter landing:

http://www.wwe.com/article/shane-mcmaho ... 99251902=1
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

Anyone watch Battleground tonight? I didn't even realize it was on at first. I watched some of it but not all of it.

The Main Event was just awful.

SPOILERS

After the Main Event dragged on with seemingly no real direction, The Great Khali returns to cost Orton the match. (He was the 4th person to fight Orton during the match)

I didn't see the match but Natalya is getting a title match at Summer Slam. I hope they finally give her the title.

New Day beat the Usos in an ok match. It wasn't as good as the match they had at the last ppv but had the better outcome in my opinion.

Owens and Styles had a good, old school type of match with an awkward ending. I'm a KO fan so I'm glad he won but I'm sure they'll have some kind of reverse decision or something stupid in the next week or two. Or he'll drop it again at SummerSlam.

Cena beat Rusev - which just makes me sigh.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Khali coming back to help Jinder seemed obvious. Any suggestions on a good collective name for this heel stable of Punjabis?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Main Event was fun
Cena with the major upset, now 40 yearCena to beat all the India guys at Summerslam

Was nice to see Flair get beat that was little shocking, guess Natalia is on her way out always loved her

Wow I love Maria is back and love those two!
Xavier Woods is awesome
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

dmbrocker wrote:Khali coming back to help Jinder seemed obvious. Any suggestions on a good collective name for this heel stable of Punjabis?
After this storyline runs it's course they'll go back to being the "Pun-Jobbers"
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

The Khali run in was horrendous and unneeded. Though the match was decent at best, structure looked cool. I dig Mahal as a heel champ, dude has a great menacing look that's a bit of a 70's-80's throwback.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Cena with a "major upset"?

You're kidding right? No way in hell was that hack going to lose to Rusev. He won't allow it.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Bludegeon wrote:Cena with a "major upset"?

You're kidding right? No way in hell was that hack going to lose to Rusev. He won't allow it.
No fucking shit! Hes definitely got the "That doesn't work for me, brother" down pat.

I know the tag division is on life support, but heel Usos i just can't understand. Plus they broke up one the hottest, most over tag team since New Age Outlaws, Dudley Boys, etc. for this crappy storyline. This is why I never watch RAW until Wrestlemania & Survivor Series seasons.
Professional Hater
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Artemis2085 wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Cena with a "major upset"?

No fucking shit! Hes definitely got the "That doesn't work for me, brother" down pat.

I know the tag division is on life support, but heel Usos i just can't understand. Plus they broke up one the hottest, most over tag team since New Age Outlaws, Dudley Boys, etc. for this crappy storyline. This is why I never watch RAW until Wrestlemania & Survivor Series seasons.

Yea, some of the decision making is just bad. And, has been. I actually like the heel look of the Usos..
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The majority of the PPV's just seem like a built up regular TV show. You can tell when a big PPV is upcoming because the shows leading up are way way better.

I've grown to like Cana can't wait to see him and Nakamura next week. And the Raw SS 4 way should be good.

KO and AJ have been the best feud lately and throwing Jericho in there is awesome. Jericho' last run was excellent.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote:The majority of the PPV's just seem like a built up regular TV show. You can tell when a big PPV is upcoming because the shows leading up are way way better.

I've grown to like Cana can't wait to see him and Nakamura next week. And the Raw SS 4 way should be good.

KO and AJ have been the best feud lately and throwing Jericho in there is awesome. Jericho' last run was excellent.

The main problem is too many PPV's IMO.. One , or two now, every month is complete overkill. I like the feuds that went on for months, leading up to a RR, SS, WM, or MITB..
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Yeah each show having to have their own PPV every month is too much.

If they could switch it up and take turns and then combine for the big ones would be better.

That ain't happening though.

Also not this Monday but last Monday I went and saw Paul McCartney so I set up my DVR to record Raw so I could see the big Kurt Angle storyline. :roll:

I cheated and checked online and just erased the show without even watching.

That's a modern day who's the Gobbedly Gooker moment.

I thought they were leading up to his return to the ring storyline which you know is coming.

I don't know how things will turn out for Jason Jordan but he better pray for a miracle otherwise I'll always look at him and remember the Kurt Angle dumbshit story.

And I'd like 5 good minutes and a baseball bat with the pretty boy announcer with a million tattoos.

I could be listening to JR and the King doing commentary but instead I get this. :roll:
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

I watched the past 2 ppv's and a couple hours of RAW/Smackdown in the last month after taking the last 6-8 months off from watching regularly. The lineups, booking are so beyond terrible with constant rinse and repeat I can't help but wonder why if there isn't full blown panic mode behind the scenes at WWE.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

ParaDime77 wrote:I watched the past 2 ppv's and a couple hours of RAW/Smackdown in the last month after taking the last 6-8 months off from watching regularly. The lineups, booking are so beyond terrible with constant rinse and repeat I can't help but wonder why if there isn't full blown panic mode behind the scenes at WWE.

It's been better again the last month or so
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

There's a series of shoots with Bruce Prichard up on YouTube.
Almost Cornette level good, almost.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

sliquor wrote:There's a series of shoots with Bruce Prichard up on YouTube.
Almost Cornette level good, almost.
Cornette level?!?! :shock:

Surely you jest.

Even Sean Oliver calls him out for not telling the whole story and for being a WWE dick licker. I can't stand the smirky ass, self righteous prick. If you want to hear him actually shoot, listen to his Something to Wrestle podcast. Last week he did almost 3 hours on Demolition. Goes into Bill Eadie's heat with the office, why they were squashed, who actually owns the gimmick, Demolition, Macho Man and Bret Hart having talks with Jim Herd and lots of other good shit.

It's probably last place behind Cornette Experience, Corny's Drive Thru and WHW: What happened When with Tony Schiavone (even if Conrad is an annoying cunt).
Professional Hater
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Prichard is a pompous fucking asshole. Each podcast he still seems to be protecting WWE.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

I was pleasantly surprised to see Nakamura beat Cena in the #1 contender match tonight!
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

So some japanese guy with a harrable lisp in the main event at summerslam........against Jinder Mahal? Isn't that the loser from 3MB? :shock:
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

FullDJacket wrote:So some japanese guy with a harrable lisp in the main event at summerslam........against Jinder Mahal? Isn't that the loser from 3MB? :shock:
You know how Vince loves his jacked up, roided out big men, so once Jinder got on the juice he went from 3MB jobber to main eventer. Go figure.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Or is it Cena in the main event?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"