The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by nakedmadman »

Lets see, where were we?

TNA--Writing, booking, and Kurt Angle sucks

WWE--Writing, booking and Triple H sucks

Snitsky deserves a shot at the strap.

That gets us up to date doesn't it?
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

It's sad when I actually have to think about who the champions are in both compaines.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Redman77 »

nakedmadman wrote:Lets see, where were we?

TNA--Writing, booking, and Kurt Angle sucks

WWE--Writing, booking and Triple H sucks

Snitsky deserves a shot at the strap.

That gets us up to date doesn't it?

It's fake you know™
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
CharvelBasher

Post by CharvelBasher »

It's really sad when the WWE has to resort to using Johnny Knoxville in an interview with Kali and bring up "size".

Vince just doesn't care about the biz anymore.
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Vince only gets motivated when he has legitimate competition to try to destroy.
TNA is not legitimate competition.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Lardbucket wrote:Vince only gets motivated when he has legitimate competition to try to destroy.
TNA is not legitimate competition.
At this point, with the way the market has turned, I strongly doubt that there will ever be any sort of legit competition in professional wrestling for Vince. You look at TNA, and for all their gains, this is a company that still can not generate revenue. They're still a company that is doing about a fraction of the PPV buys that WCW was doing in it's dying days. The market needs another professional wrestling operation as much as America needs another women's basketball league.

For Vince, he bought WWF just over 25 years ago with the goal to take it mainstream. I'm not sure if being the only game in town was in his mindset from day one, but after what he did along the way (breaking the Regional mold, talent raids, going global, watching all his competitors go under, beating Ted Turner)... one has to think it has got to get a little boring after a while with no real challenges left.

I'm kind of surprised Vince hasn't attempted to get involved in MMA yet. With WWE's marketing and production standards, I would think Vince would be jumping at the chance to tap into that market.
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Once again, spot on analysis, Sabu.

Another factor, I think, is that there just aren't enough marquee players to fill two "major leagues" anymore. Hell, there aren't enough top guys to fill two-and-a-half WWE brands anymore.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I SOOOOOOOOOOOO Want to fuck Taylor Wilde.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Sabu wrote:I'm kind of surprised Vince hasn't attempted to get involved in MMA yet. With WWE's marketing and production standards, I would think Vince would be jumping at the chance to tap into that market.
He needs to get involved in all girl banked track roller derby if he wants a challenge!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:I SOOOOOOOOOOOO Want to fuck Taylor Wilde.
Yup, ditto to that.
Also, looks to me like someone needs to give Sanji Dutt a blood test. He looks to have been "growing" lately, and that back achne is quite noticable.
One other thing... Didn't Gail Kim move to WWE? She's been gone, what, a month now? What's she doing, wrestling dark matches?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

way to many 2nd and 3rd generation stars on the rosters!..major TURN OFF...2 is enough for the whle roster
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

/thread
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Is the other thread dead?

Bad fucking booking has led to less stars.

The fucking WWE booked RVD so badly it's pathetic.

RVD then got completely over by himself, whether booked to win or lose.

So HHH 2 (The one wirh fake tits) buried him further in the booking.

Then the WWE offered RVD a pathetic amount to resign.

RVD is a mother fucking 4 Star STAR all over the planet and is tired of shit for brains bookers who don't want to make any REAL money.

...and some of you wonder why neither company has any real stars.

It's because the bookers of both companies FUCKING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

nakedmadman wrote:
ozzyrulz777 wrote:I SOOOOOOOOOOOO Want to fuck Taylor Wilde.
Yup, ditto to that.
Also, looks to me like someone needs to give Sanji Dutt a blood test. He looks to have been "growing" lately, and that back achne is quite noticable.
One other thing... Didn't Gail Kim move to WWE? She's been gone, what, a month now? What's she doing, wrestling dark matches?
Yes she quit TNA to join WWE again but I do not see that lasting.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Subhuman Yeti wrote: ...and some of you wonder why neither company has any real stars.

Real Star = Image
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:Is the other thread dead?

Bad fucking booking has led to less stars.

The fucking WWE booked RVD so badly it's pathetic.

RVD then got completely over by himself, whether booked to win or lose.

So HHH 2 (The one wirh fake tits) buried him further in the booking.

Then the WWE offered RVD a pathetic amount to resign.

RVD is a mother fucking 4 Star STAR all over the planet and is tired of shit for brains bookers who don't want to make any REAL money.

...and some of you wonder why neither company has any real stars.

It's because the bookers of both companies FUCKING SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot about RVD failing a drug test shortly after he was handed two belts!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Garbageman wrote:
You forgot about RVD failing a drug test shortly after he was handed two belts!
That would make for a great wrestling "What If's?" Like what if Hall and Nash never jumped? What if Montreal never happened? What if the Fingerpoke of Doom never happened?

I didn't see RVD holding the WWE title for too long, but I doubt they would have had him job the ECW title right over to Show. And even if he did, I'm sure they wouldn't have turned Heyman heel. Also, Sabu probably wouldn't have had the rug pulled out from him either. Ahh... the old What If's...

But speaking of Hall...
- Dave Meltzer is reporting that former WWE and TNA wrestler Scott Hall has been arrested. Apparently he got upset during the comedy roast of Iron Sheik and attacked the person who made the comment. More information will hopefully come out soon.
Two things: 1. Not shocked at all. And 2. AN IRON SHEIK ROAST!!??!!???!!!!???? I MUST see this...
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

The WWE shouldn't drug test for weed.

Vince is at the very least an ex hardcore stoner, and probably still is. Just far more privately than in the 80s and 90s.

Drug test for drugs.
Pills, coke, meth, smack -- narcotics.

Not pot.
Testing for pot is like testing for beer.
"Oh God... that's bad stuff. It changes your state of mind!"

Pathetic!!

Vince testing, suspending and firing workers for smoking weed is so fucking hypocritical, that Vince shoold choke to death on his next fork of food.

"RVD 420 means I just smoked your ass."
Vince knew that fully back when he first started stealing from ECW, and he knew it fully well when he signed RVD.

RVD is a stoner. He's been on the cover of High Times.
Vince fucking knew he was a pothead and probably has gotten high with him before.

When RVD and Sabu got busted for possession, that was a company concern.

RVD smoking weed and getting harrassed by the company for it, like 95% of the entire fucking locker room ALWAYS has ....is a 9 foot stack of bullshit.

That is why Booker T walked. Because of the fucking hypocrites and their selective policies.

If RVD was in the WWE he would still be THE BEST worker in the company and still the most over.

HHH would rather be a jackass with tons of backstage power and a boring, completely unbelievable character.... than actually make more money for himself and the WWE by not de-pushing someone 10,000 times better than him in every way inside the ring and outside the ring working.

RVD > HHH, and EVERYONE else in the WWE.

HBJ and Y2J come close... but they are in no way close to....
THE WHOLE FUCKING SHOW.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Watching RVD in the OLD ECW was some good stuff. Seeing him neutered in the WWE was horrible. His last year or so in the company, he just seemed so stuck in a rut that it was hard to watch.

It was just sad knowing good & well how great of a talent he is, that they treated him like garbage.

Random... but I still haven't recovered from December to Dismember in '06.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

RVD got royally fucked over. Plain and simple.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Who the fuck is gonna vote for Kozlov to face HHH over Hardy?Our choices are Hardy,Kozlov or a 3-way.If Kozlov is in this match, then Cyber Sunday is fixed as all hell.If the votes are legit,it will be 99% Hardy.
Where's Izzy?
CharvelBasher

Post by CharvelBasher »

Angry Jew wrote:Who the fuck is gonna vote for Kozlov to face HHH over Hardy?Our choices are Hardy,Kozlov or a 3-way.If Kozlov is in this match, then Cyber Sunday is fixed as all hell.If the votes are legit,it will be 99% Hardy.

It's all fixed. Vince could care less about what the fans think. As long as they keep blindly buying up the cheap, out of country made WWE shit, he's happy.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Yeah,Sting is TNA Champ again.Sting kicks ass, I don't care how old he is.
Where's Izzy?
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Angry Jew wrote:Yeah,Sting is TNA Champ again.Sting kicks ass, I don't care how old he is.
I would normally agree, but with him winning the title at the last 3 Bound For Glory's this is getting almost as pathetic as Austin or Hogan winning the belt at every Wrestlemania.

And speaking of TNA, why the fuck do they keep switching the titles of their Pay Per Views??? The one in November has been Genesis for the last few years, now it's Turning Point which is typically in December. And last year, Sacrifice and Hard Justice switched months.

But I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them. It's not like they can keep any logic in their story lines on a consistent basis, so why should any other aspect of the company be any different?
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

CharvelBasher wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:Who the fuck is gonna vote for Kozlov to face HHH over Hardy?Our choices are Hardy,Kozlov or a 3-way.If Kozlov is in this match, then Cyber Sunday is fixed as all hell.If the votes are legit,it will be 99% Hardy.

It's all fixed. Vince could care less about what the fans think. As long as they keep blindly buying up the cheap, out of country made WWE shit, he's happy.
As per Jericho... the results are indeed legit and he had zero idea who he was supposed to wrestle a few years ago when he dropped the strap to Shelton until Shelton's music actually hit. Not sure at what point he was told he was losing.

There apparently have also been a couple instances where the guy WWE wanted voted into a match was not and they went with the fan results as opposed to what they hoped for. I know one instance for sure was when it was still called Taboo Tuesday, they wanted JBL voted into the tag match, but Hardy and Mysterio got the votes (SHOCKER huh?).

Also, they figured that Vince would be voted in as the ref for the DX vs. Orton and Edge match as ref, but Bischoff got the votes. They stuck with the fans on that one too.

Is it ALL on the up and up? Probably not... but in those three instances it definitely was.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

I know there have been international lawsuits over anything where people are charged to vote in TV polls and the results were proven to be fixed. Especially so if there is no free online option given (which there isn't for Cyber Sunday). They'd be huge fools to charge per vote and not use the legitimate results and open themselves up to class action suits they'd have no shot of winning.

While I think it blows that they charge per vote, it does keep potential write in campaigns from gaining ground.

And hey Sabu, you must have been happy with all that glorious airtime Snitzky got as a lumberjack!
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Garbageman wrote:
And hey Sabu, you must have been happy with all that glorious airtime Snitzky got as a lumberjack!
I'm just pissed they gave Charlie Haas the gimmick I proposed for Snitsky!

From WWE.com:
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Lance Cade as of October 14, 2008. WWE wishes Lance the best in all future endeavors.
Poor Cade. Went from the push of his life to shitcanned in a matter of a month. Apparently he got hammered for his performance in the main event a few weeks ago with The H, Michaels, and Jericho. Very surprised he got released considering his relationship to Michaels, which makes me think there has to be a whole lot more to this than just a bad performance in a big spot.

Cade has loads of potential and I think he could actually thrive somewhere where he can be himself instead of having to read lines. The guy is just too wooden to parrot from a script.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Need any further proof Trevor Murdoch carried Cade?
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

yeti dude! why makes you think vince was or is a pot head?

i don't see it.
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

It made my blood boil that they had Johnny Knoxville(sp) on RAW. However, I did laugh when Beth dropped his ass.
I know that they want the money, but the text only voting for Cyber Sunday blows. And you know every hilljack is gonna vote for the ole Texas Rattle Snake as the ref and I just dont see that happening. We all know they fix the results of that shit.