The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by dmbrocker »

FullDJacket wrote:Or is it Cena in the main event?
Well, considering Cena just lost the #1 contender match, I'd have to say that's a definite negative, ghost rider.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

dmbrocker wrote:I was pleasantly surprised to see Nakamura beat Cena in the #1 contender match tonight!

beat him clean AND dropped him on his head!
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:I was pleasantly surprised to see Nakamura beat Cena in the #1 contender match tonight!

beat him clean AND dropped him on his head!
Yep, Cena came out of that one mostly unscathed, thankfully!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Cena didn't do anything, all he did was not be in title picture for Wrestlemania-lite. His ego will be ready for Mania.
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by sliquor »

WTF was with Reigns winning that 3 way with a clean pin on Joe?!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Early in build up for Summetslam..all will get a chance to look good before the match

If Brock does drop the belt..Joe would be champ
Joe could be champ during Survivor-Rumble time
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I'd be surprised if Brock doesn't leave on a temporary basis so he can have that dream fight in UFC.

After SS Cena will be on Raw exclusively.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Attended a Smackdown house show in Montreal last night. I only follow WWE off and on now, basically watching when my 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter watch. I was able to score 2nd row center tickets, so it was pretty cool to take the kids and experience the WWE that close up. They lapped it up. Matches:

New Day over The Ascension by pin fall - surprised this match kicked things off, but the New Day doing their schtick got the crowd into things right off the bat. Typical back and forth heel/face stuff and to no surprise the champs retained their belts.

Naomi over Carmela by pin fall - Shortish match; Naomi was pretty entertaining and athletic, and her entrance and glow in the dark props again got people going - mostly the younger fans. Carmela played the spoiled brat, Long Island princess role well, whining and complaining to the ref, but she missed 1-2 spots and there were some "you can't wrestle" chants from the crowd.

Luke Harper and Sin Cara over Erik Rowan and Aiden English by pin fall - this seemed like a mish mash of guys the writers have no clue what to do with. To their credit they put on an entertaining match. You always need one Luchador on a card, and Sin Cara did some cool high flying stuff; English had some legitimate heel heet; and the two big men can wrestle and move well. I had no idea Harper/Rowan were on opposite sides now. I would have teamed these guys up, given them a run where they squash anyone and everyone and win the title, and then after a while build up some baby faces to miraculously take the belts off them. Surprise match of the night.

Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles over Kevin Owens and Baron Corbin by pin fall - this was originally supposed to be two separate singles matches and somehow became a tag match. Regardless it was the match of the night. HUGE pop for Nakamura in his first ever Montreal appearance, as well as for Styles in his 2nd WWE appearance here. Owens is a local legend, so it's always weird as he gets some heel heet, but a lot of people cheering for him as well. That left Baron Corbin the odd man out - the guy nobody wanted to see in the ring. Around me there were whispers (louder than whispers really) billing the match as "three legends and a flash in the pan". Great, great match and what made it interesting is the crowd seemed to switch allegiances based on who was in the ring and who pulled of what spot. Montreal has a rich wrestling history, and a pretty smart crowd, and it was cool to see people reacting to good wrestling and jeering formulaic crap. A lot of fun and a bit surprising to see Owens lose at home, but Nakamura and Styles were SO over.

INTERMISSION

Rusev submitted Ty Dillenger with his camel clutch like move. Honestly, this was boring. Worst match of the night and a good choice to put on while people were still in line at the refreshment stands and bathrooms. I've heard good things about both wrestlers, but I saw nothing but bland, paint by numbers, seen it all before shit. The loudest chants were "we want Lana".

Natalya over Charlotte Flair by pin fall - Natalya actually cheated and held Charlotte's tights for the pin. It was nice to see two girls in the ring who can seemingly wrestle, not held back by 3-4 other girls who can't. Natalya has transformed herself into a heel nicely and went at it with the crowd a lot. Charlotte was all business and did some cool athletic stuff, maybe more gymnastics than wrestling, but my daughter ate it up. Brought the crowd back to life after the horrid match before it, and it was a decent set-up for the main event.

Jinder Mahal (with Singh Brothers) over Sami Zayn by pin fall - with Pat Patterson as guest timekeeper - Zayn, being from Montreal and headlining in his home town got a HUGE ovation. For the same reason Mahal got HUGE heal heat. It's obvious who the more talented of the two is, and Sami's skill and willingness to give the fans what they came to see, won the day. Mahal plays the part of the angry foreigner well, but he's not as talented as other big men. Mahal of course retained with interference from the Singh brothers. However, the payoff was this:

Mahal and the Singhs were laying a beating on Sami after the match; Pat Patterson got up on the apron to admonish the foreigners and they were about to lay a beating on him, THEN Kevin Owens runs from the back and the three local legends clean house, with it all ending with a stare down between Sami Z and Owens in the middle of the ring, and people not sure if they would start going at it, or embrace. As it turned out, Owens just rolled out of the ring, grabbed his young son out of the front row, and walked up the ramp, leaving Zayn to have his moment in the sun as the headliner. It was pretty huge. The hard core locals, who have followed these guys since their indie days, were crying - I kid you not. WWE could do something really cool with this angle if they wanted to. For now it was more of a nod to local Montreal wrestling history, which WWE has always respected.

All in all a good night. Even with only a few of the big stars of WWE present the crowd (5500 to 6000 or so) left satisfied, as Nakamura, AJ, Owens, and Zayn are worth the price of admission alone, and as I noted there were some nice surprises with the ladies, and Harper/Rowan, and the comic relief of the New Day.

Sorry for the long winded review. Hopefully a few of you dig it.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Solid review WOLF!! Sounds like a good time!
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Jim Cornette shoots on Wendy's T-REX burger:
https://youtu.be/l4LFs9vy958
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote:http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/08/14/r ... uced-coma/

Flair in coma :cry:
Medically induced, so perhaps just a pre-requisite for the surgery?

Would be worse if he slipped into a coma on his own.

Guy is relatively young but has some HARD miles on him.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

I just read that he's out of surgery and his family is by his side. No idea how it went.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

WOLF wrote:
No doubt. He survived a plane crash and 5 marriages.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

That-guy wrote:
WOLF wrote:
No doubt. He survived a plane crash and 5 marriages.
Lol
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Sadly, Ric Flair will probably die.

Wooooooooooooooo!!!!
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

WOLF wrote:
TheCULTofMANSON wrote:http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/08/14/r ... uced-coma/

Flair in coma :cry:
Medically induced, so perhaps just a pre-requisite for the surgery?

Would be worse if he slipped into a coma on his own.

If this happens in the opposite direction, that one is gonna hit hard.

He also admitted in a different interview that he suffers a type of heart problem called Alcoholic Cardiac Arrhythmia from years of...being Ric Flair.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Opening segment on Raw is why wwe rules. Great build up for Rollins and Dean. Tugs at everyone's heart and payoff is sweet. Wyatt vs Balor ending black metal wwe fantastic. Cheering seeing this happen fantastic!!
Big Cass true heel heat..megastar is being made. Enzo is maybe superstar of a generation

Last segment Heyman grand slam
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

LAglamrocker wrote:Opening segment on Raw is why wwe rules. Great build up for Rollins and Dean. Tugs at everyone's heart and payoff is sweet. Wyatt vs Balor ending black metal wwe fantastic. Cheering seeing this happen fantastic!!
Big Cass true heel heat..megastar is being made. Enzo is maybe superstar of a generation

Last segment Heyman grand slam
Enzo has so much heat with the boys that they're not allowing him to dress in the locker room and they're most likely sending him back to NXT to cool shit off.

So is the Rollins/Ambrose fuel like the Flair/Arn one from '95?
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

cantstopthemusic wrote:Sadly, Ric Flair will probably die.

Wooooooooooooooo!!!!
And you'll still be here clenching your ass. Gutted.
VanDokken
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by VanDokken »

That-guy wrote:I just read that he's out of surgery and his family is by his side. No idea how it went.
They are saying now that it was a colon blockage issue that also caused kidney failure
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, Corbin just became one of the rare few to fail in the briefcase cash-in. Lame... :x
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

VanDokken wrote:
That-guy wrote:I just read that he's out of surgery and his family is by his side. No idea how it went.
They are saying now that it was a colon blockage issue that also caused kidney failure
Correct. The story is being picked up by mainstream outlets like TMZ, Sports Illustrated and ESPN (who are in post production on his 30 For 30 documentary).

And here;s another story. Magnum TA denied entry into Disneyland because of his scooter:
http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/2017/08 ... sney-park/
Professional Hater
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

dmbrocker wrote:Well, Corbin just became one of the rare few to fail in the briefcase cash-in. Lame... :x
Corbin fucking BLOWS.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
VanDokken

Post by VanDokken »

Worst week, Flair or Corbin?
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

VanDokken wrote:Worst week, Flair or Corbin?
Well, considering it's not looking good for Flair at last report, and all Corbin did was lose an impromptu title match, I think the answer to this is pretty obvious.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Baron is awesome! Glad he lost he doesn't need easy cash in for the win. He will win one day soon and will be special.

I guess the great Sami Zayn invitation for party of summer got lost in he mail
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

ParaDime77 wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Well, Corbin just became one of the rare few to fail in the briefcase cash-in. Lame... :x
Corbin fucking BLOWS.
Was at a house show recently - review is above.

Corbin/Owens vs Nakamura/Styles

Crowd jeered every time Corbin was in the ring, and cheered every time he tagged out. Other guys were stellar, Corbin overmatched and outclassed.
VanDokken

Post by VanDokken »

dmbrocker wrote:
VanDokken wrote:Worst week, Flair or Corbin?
Well, considering it's not looking good for Flair at last report, and all Corbin did was lose an impromptu title match, I think the answer to this is pretty obvious.