Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Postby killeverything » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Machado wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:My A's annual re-stock the rest of the MLB sale has begun! Alonso, Sonny and Jed will be gone by the deadline too!

that franchise is an embarrassment to MLB and should really be eliminated. that city does not deserve this team and that
team does not deserve that city.

The fuck?
DOWN2WHISKEY
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Postby DOWN2WHISKEY » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:29 pm

What the Oakland Athletics deserve is new ownership and a new front office staff! Billy Beane needs to go! Love the spin he puts on their situation in this article! I read it and thought "Well, no shit Sherlock Beane and you are a MAJOR part of the problem!"

http://deadspin.com/billy-beane-admits- ... 1796980365
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:10 pm

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:What the Oakland Athletics deserve is new ownership and a new front office staff! Billy Beane needs to go! Love the spin he puts on their situation in this article! I read it and thought "Well, no shit Sherlock Beane and you are a MAJOR part of the problem!"

Them not having any money is the problem. Beane took a risk with the Lester/Cespedes trade that didn't work. I still think he does pretty well considering.

I just read an article on Moneyball a few days ago. I'll try to remember where and link it later. Anyways, Moneyball's philosphy ( written after the Giambi, Foulke, big 3, Tejada, Chavez, etc. signings ) wasn't successful. He hit paydirt with those drafts ( '99-00? ), but aside from Donaldson hasn't been able to replicate it.

I still think he'a doing a good job. He has no budget to work with. It's pretty easy to get a youth rebuild if you have superstars to trade.
DOWN2WHISKEY
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Postby DOWN2WHISKEY » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:21 pm

I've read the book and seen the movie. I agree, they need an owner who is willing to pay or they'll continuing developing good players just to trade them for prospects! Eternal rebuild!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Postby Machado » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:16 am

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:I've read the book and seen the movie. I agree, they need an owner who is willing to pay or they'll continuing developing good players just to trade them for prospects! Eternal rebuild!

no owner is going to buy that team and pump money into that team as long as they call Oakland home. c'mon, the visiting teams don't even
stay in Oakland hotels while they are in town. they all stay in SF.
Funnelhead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Postby Funnelhead » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:09 pm

killeverything wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:What the Oakland Athletics deserve is new ownership and a new front office staff! Billy Beane needs to go! Love the spin he puts on their situation in this article! I read it and thought "Well, no shit Sherlock Beane and you are a MAJOR part of the problem!"

Them not having any money is the problem. Beane took a risk with the Lester/Cespedes trade that didn't work. I still think he does pretty well considering.

I just read an article on Moneyball a few days ago. I'll try to remember where and link it later. Anyways, Moneyball's philosphy ( written after the Giambi, Foulke, big 3, Tejada, Chavez, etc. signings ) wasn't successful. He hit paydirt with those drafts ( '99-00? ), but aside from Donaldson hasn't been able to replicate it.

I still think he'a doing a good job. He has no budget to work with. It's pretty easy to get a youth rebuild if you have superstars to trade.

I would say as far as small market, no money teams, Bean is no where near what the Rays continue to pull off. Quietly in contention, real good pitching and a low salary offense that is exceeding expectations....at this point. Usually, the kids fall off the map near mid August, so there is still plenty of time to choke.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Postby Machado » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 pm

HOUSTON -- Astros are saying 6-8 weeks until Correa can return from the torn ligament in his left thumb.
Losing their star SS will really test just how much this team has progressed.
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Machado wrote:HOUSTON -- Astros are saying 6-8 weeks until Correa can return from the torn ligament in his left thumb.
Losing their star SS will really test just how much this team has progressed.

That's a tough blow. I really like the Jeff Luhknow rebuild there. They haven't won yet, but like Friedman in LA, or even Cashman getting some control in the Bronx. Houston is looking like they'll be competitive for a while.

D'backs acquire JD Martinez from Detroit for IFs Dawel Lugo ( AZ's #4 prospect ), Sergio Alcantara, and Jose King.
Last edited by killeverything on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LAPoet
Opening for Slaughter

Postby LAPoet » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Yankees get Todd Frazier and David Robertson from White Sox
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Holy shit. LAD's 1-0 win over the White Sox os their 10th straight and 30th in 34 games, the first team with a 30-4 run since the 1977 Royals.
LAPoet
Opening for Slaughter

Postby LAPoet » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Trade ends up being Frazier, Robertson and Tommy Kahnle for Blake Rutherford, Ian Clarkin, Tito Polo and Tyler Clippard
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Postby Machado » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:08 am

LAPoet wrote:Trade ends up being Frazier, Robertson and Tommy Kahnle for Blake Rutherford, Ian Clarkin, Tito Polo and Tyler Clippard

as a Yankees fan, I like this trade a lot. more reliable arms in the pen and the price to pay was a prospect. the #30 ranked prospect. good risk
to take. Robertson already had success in NY and Kahnle was drafted by the Yankees and is having a breakout season.
Frazier can play 1st or 3rd. I have to think he's playing everyday and splitting his time between those 2 defensive positions.
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Boston fully released Fat Panda. It appears SF is going to sign him to a minor league contract. Nunez is on the trade block. :? Nothing about this says "good idea" to me. I believe Evans is shown the door before the season ends. The "off-the-record" quotes are that the lockerroom isn't happy with the idea.

ETA

Chris Carter to sign minor league contract with Oakland. Both Smoak and Morrison ( smallish sample sizes and all that ) are looking like they can consistently hit for power. I thought Carter looked that way to me earlier and I thought he would destroy nu-MFY Stadium. We'll see.
LAPoet
Opening for Slaughter

Postby LAPoet » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 pm

I don't know a single Giants fan who wants any part of Sandoval. Maybe if he hadn't been such a douche on his way out.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Postby Machado » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:40 am

killeverything wrote:Boston fully released Fat Panda. It appears SF is going to sign him to a minor league contract. Nunez is on the trade block. :? Nothing about this says "good idea" to me. I believe Evans is shown the door before the season ends. The "off-the-record" quotes are that the lockerroom isn't happy with the idea.

ETA

Chris Carter to sign minor league contract with Oakland. Both Smoak and Morrison ( smallish sample sizes and all that ) are looking like they can consistently hit for power. I thought Carter looked that way to me earlier and I thought he would destroy nu-MFY Stadium. We'll see.

I saw almost all of Carter's at bats this year and the guy appears overmatched. Sure, if he runs into a ball it could go over the fence, but those are few
and far between. The guy is Rob Deer all over again=NOT GOOD!
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:43 am

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Boston fully released Fat Panda. It appears SF is going to sign him to a minor league contract. Nunez is on the trade block. :? Nothing about this says "good idea" to me. I believe Evans is shown the door before the season ends. The "off-the-record" quotes are that the lockerroom isn't happy with the idea.

ETA

I saw almost all of Carter's at bats this year and the guy appears overmatched. Sure, if he runs into a ball it could go over the fence, but those are few

Or Willie Mo Pena. If he gets it, look out.

Maybe they should pitch to him underhand.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Postby Machado » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:44 am

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

ETA

Or Willie Mo Pena. If he gets it, look out.

Maybe they should pitch to him underhand.

The guy was so bad, the Yankees released him twice this year. I give him credit for not quitting and wanting to still play, but his swing
is like swiss cheese. Holes everywhere. Maybe he should make an adjustments or two.
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:14 am

LAD DFA Sergio Romo.

Mariners acquire LHP Marco Gonzalez from Cardinals for OF Tyler O' Neil.

Mariners acquire David Phelps from MIA for 4 prospects.

The Cubs have been asking about Yu Darvish.

ETA

It turns out both the Cubs and Dodgers are considered serious suitors to land Darvish.
LAPoet
Opening for Slaughter

Postby LAPoet » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:53 pm

Romo landed in Tampa Bay
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:54 am

SF trades Nunez to Boston for two pitching prospects.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Postby Machado » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 am

anybody see the triple play last night in the Yankees vs Reds game? Frazier, against his old team, gets jammed with the bases loaded
and Didi makes a base running mistake, for the perfect storm. Odd thing is a run scored on the play as well.
Frazier doesn't look good so far. Either he is trying much too hard(he had 500 fans watching his Yankees debut last night) or
his swing is just awful. Not sure how well he's going to play if he continues to hit into triple plays.
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:54 am

Machado wrote:anybody see the triple play last night in the Yankees vs Reds game? Frazier, against his old team, gets jammed with the bases loaded
and Didi makes a base running mistake, for the perfect storm. Odd thing is a run scored on the play as well.
Frazier doesn't look good so far. Either he is trying much too hard(he had 500 fans watching his Yankees debut last night) or
his swing is just awful. Not sure how well he's going to play if he continues to hit into triple plays.

He'll be fine. No one in mlb hit into more double plays than Jeter, and that turned out okay.
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:08 pm

La Duca goes from Mets to Rays for RHP Drew Smith.

Kershaw hits DL with back issues.

LAD confident that will acquire one of Verlander, Darvish, or Sonny Gray.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Postby Facedown » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:19 am

Price back on the DL. He was supposed to start tonight at home but it sure seems like the Red Sox decided
his fragile little ego wouldn't be able to take the home crowd ripping him to shreds after he started a war with Eck.
Price check on dripping vaginas.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Postby Machado » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:28 am

Facedown wrote:Price back on the DL. He was supposed to start tonight at home but it sure seems like the Red Sox decided
his fragile little ego wouldn't be able to take the home crowd ripping him to shreds after he started a war with Eck.

That story is hard to believe. Eck is paid by NESN to comment on the game and that can sometimes mean
he will be critical of a Sox player.
Price should have been disciplined by the team while on that plane ride with Eck.
Price has always been soft. He's never been a true #1, unless you play in Tampa, which is a glorified
AAAA baseball team.
Funnelhead

Postby Funnelhead » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:41 am

Machado wrote:
Facedown wrote:Price back on the DL. He was supposed to start tonight at home but it sure seems like the Red Sox decided

That story is hard to believe. Eck is paid by NESN to comment on the game and that can sometimes mean
Price should have been disciplined by the team while on that plane ride with Eck.
Price has always been soft. He's never been a true #1, unless you play in Tampa, which is a glorified
AAAA baseball team.

Its really hard to root for the Sox right now. Seems the one guy people wanted to count on as a level head in the locker room, Pedroia, was acting like a giant gash like the rest of the players. I predict this team tanks it the rest of the year. Price has always been a big baby, but at least he was good in Tampa. Just chalk that trade up to another brilliant timing move by the Rays. That AAAA might just end up winning the East.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Postby Machado » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:47 am

Funnelhead wrote:
Machado wrote:

AAAA baseball team.

Its really hard to root for the Sox right now. Seems the one guy people wanted to count on as a level head in the locker room, Pedroia, was acting like a giant gash like the rest of the players. I predict this team tanks it the rest of the year. Price has always been a big baby, but at least he was good in Tampa. Just chalk that trade up to another brilliant timing move by the Rays. That AAAA might just end up winning the East.

I am enjoying watching Pedie meltdown and get old. He's not the dangerous hitter he was once. The skills have begun to fade and it is a lot of fun to watch. The guy does not carry enough weight
in the locker room these days because his bat is much slower.
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Machado wrote:
Funnelhead wrote:
Machado wrote:
AAAA baseball team.

I am enjoying watching Pedie meltdown and get old. He's not the dangerous hitter he was once. The skills have begun to fade and it is a lot of fun to watch. The guy does not carry enough weight
in the locker room these days because his bat is much slower.

Are you fucking high?

Okay, throughout Pedroia's career he's finally having an off year ( off meaning, for him ).

As for Price. He's been pretty fucking good. He doesn't mesh in Boston, but there isn't a pitching staff in baseball that doesn't wish he was their #2.

You say some stupid shit, but this takes the cake :lol: I'm not personally a fan, but you are our of your fucking mind.

Name me another team that doesn't wish David Price was their #2.

Captain Herpes is the best player that ever lived!!

Hur dur dur
killeverything

Postby killeverything » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Adiran Beltre is 4 hits from 3,000!
Funnelhead

Postby Funnelhead » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:17 pm

I am always high.

Return to “The Smelly Ass Locker Room”