Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:LAD aquires 2B Logan Forsythe from TB for RHP Jose De Leon.
FUCK...I don't know a lot about Forsythe, he should help vs LP, maybe be a better leadoff and have some versatility but I instantly got a flashback.

Friedman and the Brass talked down De Leon's ability and my first vision was watching a scrawny young pitcher named Pedro Martinez get traded for yet another second baseman Delino Shields! Shields didn't do shit but Pedro sure did. When I watched Pedro I felt this guy's gonna be crazy good! Then LAD trades him for a 2B in Delino....Now here we go again.

De Leon, I'm saying it now was a bad trade. I pictured Leon being part of a solid young growing staff of Urias and Maeda including another off the farm. Friedman has proved me wrong starting with Dave Roberts but I think they flushed the toilet on De Leon to soon.....Evan Longoria was pissed Tampa let Forsythe go, maybe Forsythe will fill the hole while I thought Brian Dozier was going to be a better choice......Now I don't know what to think about this team and the brass.

On top of that, I'm still wondering when Clayton's back and health issues shut him down and end what could have been a phenom of a career. I don't think anything can be done, I get the feeling Kershaw will be on the DL more than the field from now on. I prayed for 3 more seasons last year but I don't think he has that.

The West should be the Giant's with a good lead, one that wont slip away this time.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:LAD aquires 2B Logan Forsythe from TB for RHP Jose De Leon.
FUCK...I don't know a lot about Forsythe, he should help vs LP, maybe be a better leadoff and have some versatility but I instantly got a flashback.

Friedman and the Brass talked down De Leon's ability and my first vision was watching a scrawny young pitcher named Pedro Martinez get traded for yet another second baseman Delino Shields! Shields didn't do shit but Pedro sure did. When I watched Pedro I felt this guy's gonna be crazy good! Then LAD trades him for a 2B in Delino....Now here we go again.

De Leon, I'm saying it now was a bad trade. I pictured Leon being part of a solid young growing staff of Urias and Maeda including another off the farm. Friedman has proved me wrong starting with Dave Roberts but I think they flushed the toilet on De Leon to soon.....Evan Longoria was pissed Tampa let Forsythe go, maybe Forsythe will fill the hole while I thought Brian Dozier was going to be a better choice......Now I don't know what to think about this team and the brass.

On top of that, I'm still wondering when Clayton's back and health issues shut him down and end what could have been a phenom of a career. I don't think anything can be done, I get the feeling Kershaw will be on the DL more than the field from now on. I prayed for 3 more seasons last year but I don't think he has that.

The West should be the Giant's with a good lead, one that wont slip away this time.
I don't know enough about the players involved to have a valid opinion. That said it's probable Friedman has better knowledge of Tampa's system that even TB themselves do.

The West should be a fight. SF is built to win now. LAD is built to win now and win tomorrow. What Friedman has done at the helm of that org. is scary. It's absurd to not think they'll break their drought in the not too distant future.

As for Kershaw we can only hope. That guy is such a remarkable talent I don't believe he has any haters.

KC sign Brandon Moss to a 2/33m deal.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Former Cardinals scouting director Chris Correa sentenced to 36 months in prison for Astros' scouting system hack.

St. L fined 2m and ordered to sacrifce top 2 2017 draft picks to Houston ( #56 and 75 ).
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Former Cardinals scouting director Chris Correa sentenced to 36 months in prison for Astros' scouting system hack.

St. L fined 2m and ordered to sacrifce top 2 2017 draft picks to Houston ( #56 and 75 ).

Seems fair to me. No complaints!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

42 year old Joe Nathan signs 2 year deal with Washington. Reaching incentives could push it to 3 million.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:42 year old Joe Nathan signs 2 year deal with Washington. Reaching incentives could push it to 3 million.
oh wow, what happened to the 27 Nationals, i mean the 27 Yankees, :lol:
Nathan will not make it from Feb to Oct without some serious injuries/setbacks
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:42 year old Joe Nathan signs 2 year deal with Washington. Reaching incentives could push it to 3 million.
He came into the season late last year, but was pretty effective when he did. He's not an elite closer anymore, but if he can remain healthy he's a good arm still.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
He came into the season late last year, but was pretty effective when he did. He's not an elite closer anymore, but if he can remain healthy he's a good arm still.
i don't know. how can you be 42 yrs of age and have "a good arm" for MLB???
playing w/fire. nice to see the Nationals losing. great for baseball.
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

I don't know enough about the players involved to have a valid opinion. That said it's probable Friedman has better knowledge of Tampa's system that even TB themselves do.

The West should be a fight. SF is built to win now. LAD is built to win now and win tomorrow. What Friedman has done at the helm of that org. is scary. It's absurd to not think they'll break their drought in the not too distant future.

As for Kershaw we can only hope. That guy is such a remarkable talent I don't believe he has any haters.

KC sign Brandon Moss to a 2/33m deal.
That's true about Friedman and I too feel that this will work out in the Rays favor. You give away Forsythe (who I bet never hits greatness) for DeLeon, use him up until you can't afford him and I bet you get back a much better player or package than Forsythe. Really a taylor made Rays move.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Every thing I've read about Forsythe is he's a clubhouse and workout guy with a statcast that ranks him high at 2B. That and Fredman knows him and exactly what they're getting...Sounds like a solid player to help hit LP's but another 20HR guy for what I view as a good prospect in De Leon who's ready now. If you were going to fill 2B take the next step and get a bat with Dozier for a same payroll with a bit more trade bait. Don't know if he's got a glove or had a freak year but LAD needs a BIG BAT.
They already have a bunch of 20HR guys who can't steal bases, can't play small ball or go deep.

The Dodgers of old constantly made stupid trades like Pedro for Shields then would over pay for ARM's like Kevin Brown then give bank to a broken Darren Dreifort because he was drafted behind Alex Rodriguez yet spent every year on the DL. In fact they traded Pedro thinking that Dreifort was going to recover. Either way, they got into the NYY and BSOX game of just tossing money at the team.

Now it's different....There does seem to be an approach even tho it's still hard to agree with. They have until 2018 when all the dead money and stupid contracts will be gone to open up the payroll and drop the ceiling at the same time.

--------------------------------

Thanks for the COCK BLOCK Arizona......Not saying LAD would have beat the CUBS, but they shut them out twice and was up in the series headed home with dead arms. Add Greinke into the mix it would have been a battle now LOOK AT YA!

Diamondbacks must trade Zack Greinke!
The Arizona Diamondbacks have $72.8 million committed to payroll in 2017, according to Baseball-Reference, and of that, 33-year-old right-hander Zack Greinke accounts for $34 million.

One player; 46.7 percent of the payroll.

Greinke's projected share of the Diamondbacks' pie will decline as Arizona's front office finishes deals with other players, but even with the final accounting, it seems highly unlikely that any other MLB player will account for that much of his club's budget.

-----------------------

Fuck the D-Backs and Greinke, cock blockers!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:Every thing I've read about Forsythe is he's a clubhouse and workout guy with a statcast that ranks him high at 2B. That and Fredman knows him and exactly what they're getting...Sounds like a solid player to help hit LP's but another 20HR guy for what I view as a good prospect in De Leon who's ready now. If you were going to fill 2B take the next step and get a bat with Dozier for a same payroll with a bit more trade bait. Don't know if he's got a glove or had a freak year but LAD needs a BIG BAT.
They already have a bunch of 20HR guys who can't steal bases, can't play small ball or go deep.

The Dodgers of old constantly made stupid trades like Pedro for Shields then would over pay for ARM's like Kevin Brown then give bank to a broken Darren Dreifort because he was drafted behind Alex Rodriguez yet spent every year on the DL. In fact they traded Pedro thinking that Dreifort was going to recover. Either way, they got into the NYY and BSOX game of just tossing money at the team.

Now it's different....There does seem to be an approach even tho it's still hard to agree with. They have until 2018 when all the dead money and stupid contracts will be gone to open up the payroll and drop the ceiling at the same time.

--------------------------------

Thanks for the COCK BLOCK Arizona......Not saying LAD would have beat the CUBS, but they shut them out twice and was up in the series headed home with dead arms. Add Greinke into the mix it would have been a battle now LOOK AT YA!

Diamondbacks must trade Zack Greinke!
The Arizona Diamondbacks have $72.8 million committed to payroll in 2017, according to Baseball-Reference, and of that, 33-year-old right-hander Zack Greinke accounts for $34 million.

One player; 46.7 percent of the payroll.

Greinke's projected share of the Diamondbacks' pie will decline as Arizona's front office finishes deals with other players, but even with the final accounting, it seems highly unlikely that any other MLB player will account for that much of his club's budget.

-----------------------

Fuck the D-Backs and Greinke, cock blockers!
Aside from LAD, the teams that could afford him he won't allow a trade.

I can't hate on the guy personally. He always said it was all about money and truly believed AZ was the real deal. I thought they would be better than they were for at least two seasons ( this upcoming counting as the second ).

*ETA

Cardinals and Carlos Martinez agree on 5/52m extension.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

signing Greinke is just a sad state of affairs. the guy is overrated and has mental issues.

nice to see a franchise like AZ taking a huge hit based on the signing. if only the move
derails the team for an extended period of time.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:signing Greinke is just a sad state of affairs. the guy is overrated and has mental issues.

nice to see a franchise like AZ taking a huge hit based on the signing. if only the move
derails the team for an extended period of time.
I don't think he's overrated in the least. His anxiety issues are well known, shit he openly talks about them and how he knows he's difficult to deal with sometimes.

"A franchise like AZ?" What the hell? What do you have against the D-backs? Is this about 2001 when a roided Clemens, Sandman, and Capt. Ove2ated couldn't get done after 9/11?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sergio Romo agrees to deal with LAD. I don't know the terms yet. I don't think he's done, it just seems the league figured him out. He's fun to wtch pitch so I bope he can stick around.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Romo to LAD deal still unconfirmed. It might just be speculation since he'a from east LA, grew up a Dodger fan, and his family are too.

KC and RHP Jason Hammel agree to 2/16m deal.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

MLB network has a new TV special that airs this coming week
72-74 Oakland A's. Should be really good.
The Swingin' A's. 3 consecutive WS titles. Impressive
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Rangers and Mike Napoli agree to one year deal. Club has not confirmed.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote:Rangers and Mike Napoli agree to one year deal. Club has not confirmed.
Guess the party at Napoli's is over in Cleveland.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote:
killeverything wrote:Rangers and Mike Napoli agree to one year deal. Club has not confirmed.
It was over when they signed Edwin Encarcion.

I think a healthy Cleveland is the team to beat in the AL. The Cubs barely did it and the Indians three best players were injured.

*ETA

MFY and 1B/DH Chris Carter are close to one year deal. Club has not confirmed.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
It was over when they signed Edwin Encarcion.

I think a healthy Cleveland is the team to beat in the AL. The Cubs barely did it and the Indians three best players were injured.

*ETA

MFY and 1B/DH Chris Carter are close to one year deal. Club has not confirmed.
unclear how Carter will get in the line-up with the current roster
1st base belongs to Bird and Austin
DH belongs to possibly Aaron Judge or several others.
Carter hits 41 bombs last year and can barely sign a 1 year deal with a MLB club.
anyway, barring several injuries, Carter might be a lot of pine wearing pinstripes.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Carter hits HRs and that's it. He's a RHH though. LHH in that tiny RF? Holy shit.

I think he was signed because they don't fully trust Bird, Garner, Holliday, or Judge. Plus, I don't think the MFY have the pitching to be a legitimate AL East threat. They'll be in the WC hunt for sure.

I think Cashman signed him to possibly move Holliday or he at the trade deadline to a team looking for DH help with power. I'm not sure what Carter could bring though. He's a one-trick pony. Once the moron brothers let Cashman run the FO as he sees fit, I've been impressed with his moves.

Only 3m for Carter? That's chump change, especially for the MFY.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Brian Wilson is attempting a comeback as a knuckleballer.

Javier Lopez retires with 4 rings. He was a good Giant.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAPoet wrote:Brian Wilson is attempting a comeback as a knuckleballer.

Javier Lopez retires with 4 rings. He was a good Giant.
Two Tommy John surgeries a serious burning bridge in SF and a not so warm feeling in his hometown of LA? Best of luck Brian.

New LAD reliever Sergio Romo sent a text to KNBR on his signing with LA in response saying their wouldn't be warm feelings on his return since he's such a competitor.

I heard Kuip’s interview and take on me going to the Dodgers. No lie i am not [Brian] Willson, nor did i leave with a sour taste in my mouth about anything, even though I am no longer needed there. I know what I was a part of and I left my heart out there whenever i got the ball no matter who it was against.”

“It wasn’t my choice not to be a giant again as I was straight up told I didn’t have a spot there anymore. So, I chose la for my family and not to piss off, in spite, nor to hurt anyone with the Giants. I have no vendetta and no ill-will towards any of my friends that I was made to leave behind in San Francisco. I will not do anything to show any of them up up as I respect and truly love everyone one of them for the way they accepted me and let me play on their team.

“Paulie, if you can convey this message for me to all your listeners that I am beyond appreciative of the experiences and blessings that I was given when I was being a giant I am now left with only trying to be the best Sergio Romo that I can be, but is no longer wanted on the Giants’ roster. It hurts though, that after 12 years of only knowing the orange and black, that I am forced to leave my home that has given me so much. I would like it if everyone would just stop talking trash about me and my life, I will truly be leaving my heart in San Francisco and that’s no lie. Appreciate you and Murph to the max. God bless you brother and that’s what’s up! :D )”

That's the exact opposite of Wilson. :lol:

There's a rumor the worst owner in baseball ( Jefferey Loria ) has a handshake agreement to sell the Marlins for 1.6 billion. No word yet if Marlin Man is included in the deal.

I'm not sure how that would work. All sales need to be approved by the commish ( and I believe, other owners ). Boston had another buyer but Selig shot it down because he was buddies with John Henry.

Still it would be difficult to see Miami getting a worse owner. Plus, This news could make Tawny do the happy dance after Fernandez passed away.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Detroit Tigers owner Mike Ilitch passed away yesterday. He was 87.

Chase Utley returns to LAD on a one year deal.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:There's a rumor the worst owner in baseball ( Jefferey Loria ) has a handshake agreement to sell the Marlins for 1.6 billion. No word yet if Marlin Man is included in the deal.

I'm not sure how that would work. All sales need to be approved by the commish ( and I believe, other owners ). Boston had another buyer but Selig shot it down because he was buddies with John Henry.

Still it would be difficult to see Miami getting a worse owner. Plus, This news could make Tawny do the happy dance after Fernandez passed away.
I like Romo but don't these guys have agents? He comes off like an abused wife scorned trying to say "I was no longer wanted and kicked out don't hate me!" The whole Dodgers vs Giants thing is so over played I'm starting to hate it. Just because Giants fans are obnoxious! Whatever happened to.
I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out!

Brian Wilson....Did he run off angry? I picture him being a character without a filter. I dug Brian when he was healthy, he's entertaining and a competitor I'm shocked he's only 34 but was sure his arm was dead when the Dodgers gave him a million just to go away. I'd like to see him make it as a knuckler but don't see it happening.

----------

Heard about the Marlins handshake deal, Tawny mentioned something about hearing the offer is mostly liquid assets and might be a lot of red tape involved? It would be great to start liking the Marlins again but as long as Jeffey is the owner they are dead to me!

Funny how the Dodgers put themselves in a dilemma over filling 2nd Base when they gave Dee to the Fish just as he blew up. Maybe LAD thought he'd get nailed juicing because it made no sense to groom the dude for so long then just as he arrived they gave him away. I'm curious to see how Dee plays out this season.

Chase Utley? Where's he going to play, another player I dig but where's he fit in. I no understand........Guess someone else is on the chopping blocks. I feel like AGON's days are numbered.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Braves trade to minor league pitchers Andrew McKirahan and Carlos Potoundo to Reds for Brandon Phillips.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

killeverything wrote:Braves trade to minor league pitchers Andrew McKirahan and Carlos Potoundo to Reds for Brandon Phillips.
Is Phillips going to finally waive his no-trade clause?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAPoet wrote:
killeverything wrote:Braves trade to minor league pitchers Andrew McKirahan and Carlos Potoundo to Reds for Brandon Phillips.
He did.

Atlanta has the most prospects in the Top 100 right now. Cashman's fire sale at the trade deadline put the MFY 2nd.

I've been waiting on an Atlanta rebuild for a while now. That run they did in the 90s gave them that rep.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
LAPoet wrote:
He did.

Atlanta has the most prospects in the Top 100 right now. Cashman's fire sale at the trade deadline put the MFY 2nd.

I've been waiting on an Atlanta rebuild for a while now. That run they did in the 90s gave them that rep.
But that town is full of front runners. Are they not building the baseball team another new stadium?
For what? The fans only care about that team if they are winning and even when the team is winning the
fans still don't care all that much.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I don't know. They were pretty popular in the Bobby Cox, Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Justice, Chipper days.