Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by LAPoet »

killeverything wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:Pagan looked more than signable in the WBC. I'd take a chance on him.

And yeah, Stroman killed it! Would be nice to see him break out this year following that wonderful bit of spring momentum.
I think the reason he's without a home ( also why SF let him walk ) is that he's injured a lot.
Not that Pagan was ever a great OF, but he's become a defensive liability with age
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Cardinals Star Calls Out Team and Requests Trade in Interview Tirade

Nick Brown26 Mar 2017
​Uh oh, is there trouble in paradise for the Cardinals?

As the team has hit the field for Spring Training to get ready for the 2017 regular season, all eyes have been on Yadier Molina, as the two parties continue to discuss the possibility of a long-term extension.

However, there has been a perfect storm brewing in the background of these contract talks. Standout infielder Kolten Wong has been struggling this Spring, and the team is debating the use a platoon at second base as a result of these struggles.

That decision did not sit well with him.

Kolten Wong would rather be traded than platoon at second base, he said Sunday https://t.co/vcLY3UCslq #STLCards

https://goo.gl/BC9zLX

Well, that's unexpected. If you can't play, you don't. Is his mom the "Team Mom?" Maybe she could make sure her son isn't on the bench.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

baseball season is almost here. are we one week away now?
since I'm back w/Comcast I cannot get too excited about the MLB package.
unlike Direct TV, Comcast does not offer mlb.tv with a subscription to MLB Extra Innings.
plus, there are only a select few games in HD via Comcast.
I still have to subscribe to watch the Yankees baby bombers but do I really want to subscribe
to both EI and mlb.tv?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mariners Drew Smyly out 6-8 weeks with flexor strain in elbow. Surgery not expected.

Yadier Molina agrees to 3/55m contract extension with the Cardinals.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702 ... -statement
The kid must have looked up to Matt Bush. At the rate this kid is going he'll never reach the majors but will
become a loser/drug addict.

Major League Baseball suspended Cincinnati Reds pitching prospect Ian Kahaloa for 50 games after he tested positive for a drug of abuse.

"We're obviously really concerned," said Jeff Graupe, the Reds' player development director, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer's Zach Buchanan. "We're working to get Ian the help and assistance that we believe he needs to get his long-term future to a more stable place. We're kind of putting the baseball on the backburner."

Buchanan reported videos surfaced on social media in March that appeared to show Kahaloa using an illicit substance.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

As Dave Zirin always helpfully points out this time of year, Jackie Robinson was much more complicated than this great day might necessarily indicate. Definitely worth celebrating, but it is interesting how disillusioned he became with what he saw happening in America post-retirement. Not usually mentioned by the mainstream sports media this time of year! Great man and a great player.

More Kaepernick than Adam Jones, let's just say...
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Loved this list of best walkup songs (75 ranked!) in MLB:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/mlb-wal ... best-nelly
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Pirate's Starling Marte suspended 80 games for a positive PED test.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Madison Bumgarner to DL with bruised ribs and a shoulder strain sustained from....a dirt bike accident.

This amuses me. SF is having a rough start to the season with Bumgarner and his lack of run support one of the high points. I thought there was a clause in contracts about players putting themselves at risk ( think Aaron Boone and pickup basketball ), especially during the season.

Madbum is a country boy though. Like Fat Panda and a weight clause, I don't think he would take to kindly to being told he can't do country folk things.

*ETA
He's supposed to be out 6-8 weeks.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Oakland A's announce upcoming stadium in Oakland. Details coming soon.

Former rivals to buy the Miami Marlins, Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush ( yes, that one ) have now teamed up. I read something funny about it ( I can't take credit for this ) that went "the team up makes sense. Neither of them can go left."
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Oakland A's announce upcoming stadium in Oakland. Details coming soon.

Former rivals to buy the Miami Marlins, Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush ( yes, that one ) have now teamed up. I read something funny about it ( I can't take credit for this ) that went "the team up makes sense. Neither of them can go left."
Kill, keep talking about Jeter like that and I'm going to spike you in the leg just like Manny Machado did to Pedie over the weekend :lol:
Between you and me, that was a clean play and it was an accident. But then the Sox pitcher(a coward), throws at the head of
Machado in the game yesterday. WTF! Bush-league move right there. No need to hurl a baseball at his head because of a slide into 2nd base.

I hate the RED SUX!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Oakland A's announce upcoming stadium in Oakland. Details coming soon.

Kill, keep talking about Jeter like that and I'm going to spike you in the leg just like Manny Machado did to Pedie over the weekend :lol:
Between you and me, that was a clean play and it was an accident. But then the Sox pitcher(a coward), throws at the head of
Machado in the game yesterday. WTF! Bush-league move right there. No need to hurl a baseball at his head because of a slide into 2nd base.

I hate the RED SUX!
Hey, don't bitch at me because Capt. Gold Gloves had no range. It's not my fault.

As for Pedroia and Machado I only saw footage of them jawing at eachother with Pedroia saying "it wasn't me." Or something like that.

Clean or not, you protect your players. Thems the rules. At least they used to be. Headhunting needs to make a return. Puig and Harper's stupid bat flips would decline if they did. These bullshit protection rules have got to go.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

I hate the RED SUX!
Hey, don't bitch at me because Capt. Gold Gloves had no range. It's not my fault.

As for Pedroia and Machado I only saw footage of them jawing at eachother with Pedroia saying "it wasn't me." Or something like that.

Clean or not, you protect your players. Thems the rules. At least they used to be. Headhunting needs to make a return. Puig and Harper's stupid bat flips would decline if they did. These bullshit protection rules have got to go.
are you for real? you want head hunting to return to the game? WOW! I think you must have fallen on your head
or the Cubs cap you recently purchased is a little too tight.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

I hate the RED SUX!

are you for real? you want head hunting to return to the game? WOW! I think you must have fallen on your head
or the Cubs cap you recently purchased is a little too tight.
Say what?

Yes. High and inside should return. I miss the Gibson, Pedro, Ryan, and a roided up Clemens days of showboating means you pay.

There are too many protections now.

How the fuck am I a Cubs fan? I was pulling for Cleveland in the WS.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

No way should there be more intentional beanballs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:No way should there be more intentional beanballs.
There are not a lot right now. The game was always played like that.

Crowd the plate, you get brushed back. Admire a homer, same thing. Flip your bat, same thing. There are way too many protections in place already and I fear it's only going to worsen.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

There should be zero IMO. I'd rather see players stay on the field, bottom line.

I'm on the "just get him out" side of the fence if you feel a guy is showing you up or w/e. Some traditions are stupid and pointless and we can afford to do away with them.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:No way should there be more intentional beanballs.
There are not a lot right now. The game was always played like that.

Crowd the plate, you get brushed back. Admire a homer, same thing. Flip your bat, same thing. There are way too many protections in place already and I fear it's only going to worsen.
brush back-yes
up and in-yes

but a beanball to the dome-NO!
there is no room in the game for this at all. Kill, you should be ashamed of yourself. when you were a Sox fan
you probably knew the tale of Tony C. so well. is that what you want in the game?
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Machado is a punk and has lost any benefit of the doubt due to his previous acts of shenanigans
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush win auction to purchase Florida/Miami Marlins. I think 1.3b was the price. Forbes estimated their value 940 million. Loria bought the team for 158.5 million in 2003.

Don't forget that when Jeb's brother ( yes, that one ) owned the Texas Rangers he traded Sammy Sosa.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush win auction to purchase Florida/Miami Marlins. I think 1.3b was the price. Forbes estimated their value 940 million. Loria bought the team for 158.5 million in 2003.

Don't forget that when Jeb's brother ( yes, that one ) owned the Texas Rangers he traded Sammy Sosa.
what is the wide world of sports is going on? how can that lowly franchise be worth so much money? i would venture
to say that the estimate is "bloated"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

King Felix out 2-3 weeks with right shoulder inflammation.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

AZ pitcher Shelby Miller has a partial UCL tear and flexor strain in elbow. He'a evaluating treatment options.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

King Felix has right shoulder bursitis. Expected to miss 3-4 weeks.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Adam Eaton out for season with torn ACL. The Nats were really looking like a good team. This is a huge blow.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The Indianapolis Colts just drafted Ken Griffey Jr.'s son.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Syndergaard left the Mets game with a lat injury. How bad a blow here?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

dmbrocker wrote:Syndergaard left the Mets game with a lat injury. How bad a blow here?
We'll await the seriousness of it but right now it looks like a good chance for the NY media to wail and wail about how the Mets can't manage risk for shit. There's some validity to that, maybe. If he was really allowed to refuse an MRI...

Potentially three starters on the DL, along with Cespedes, Duda, and Wright, and d'Arnaud is dealing with some nagging issue. Last year they had some unexpected guys step up in (the now-injured) Lugo and Gsellman but it seems unlikely lightning strikes twice there. They are going through a rough patch.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19286438

May 1, 1991, Rickey Henderson stole his 939th base, surpassing Lou Brock as the greatest base stealer of all time.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19286438

May 1, 1991, Rickey Henderson stole his 939th base, surpassing Lou Brock as the greatest base stealer of all time.
May 1, 1991 Nolan Ryan strikes out 16 Blue Jays for his 7th no hitter.