Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

Harold Baines in the HOF? Interesting.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 am Harold Baines in the HOF? Interesting.
Lee Smith too. After Selig and Jack Morris being inducted that place is a joke now.

Nats sign Patrick Corbin to compliment Scherzer and Strasburg.

Teams aren't exactly lining up for Bryce Harper :lol:

Arizona trades Paul Goldschmidt to Cards. I wonder how Greinke feels about AZ now. They're obviously in a rebuild. This trade amuses me. The Dbacks acquire Luke Weaver, Carson Kelly, Adam Young and a draft pick ( they did well ), Goldschmidt had one year left on his deal.

St. Louis didn't really need any of those players and will probably extend Goldschmidt. Jebus. Someone needs to let Seattle know that this is how trades are supposed to work.

The Kluber trade talks are hearing up, so far LAD is the front runner.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Speaking of LAD, there's a rumour that a deal is in pkace for Bryce Harper. It's just a rumour at this point and it could be nothing.

Also ( no surprise to anyone ) the MFY are in talks with Manny Machado.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Puig and Kemp to Reds in huge trade with LAD!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm Puig and Kemp to Reds in huge trade with LAD!
That's hysterical. I'll bet Puig is pissed :lol: Going from a perennial Division winner....to Cincinnatti.

Puig, Wood, and Kemp for Homer Bailey, P Josiah Gray, and IF Jeter Downs. This is trade to dump payroll and clear a spot for Hairflip boy. LAD releasing Bailey after the trade goes through.

Remember when Homer Bailey was looked at like the next King Felix as a prospect? I had a 2007(?) Baseball Prospectus that was all about what he could become.

A lot of analyists like this deal for Cincy. There are some more prospects for Cincy, but I've heard nothing definite.

"As for the Reds, they just got a three-win upgrade in the outfield, to go with a one or two win upgrade in the rotation, while only adding about $7 million in payroll and not giving up any of their top prospects. It sounds crazy to say, but right now, the Reds are pretty close to the Phillies and Brewers on paper. The team is in a really tough division, and face a competitive NL Wild Card field as well, but they aren’t that far away from having a chance at a playoff spot. The team still needs more starting pitching, but the Reds aren’t as far away as last season’s 95 losses make them seem.”

They are in a Division with Chicago and St. Louis though.

Speaking of which, the Cards got Andrew Miller for 2/27m + incentives.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:08 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm Puig and Kemp to Reds in huge trade with LAD!
That's hysterical. I'll bet Puig is pissed :lol: Going from a perennial Division winner....to Cincinnatti.

Puig, Wood, and Kemp for Homer Bailey, P Josiah Gray, and IF Jeter Downs. This is trade to dump payroll and clear a spot for Hairflip boy. LAD releasing Bailey after the trade goes through.
If healthy Puig and Kemp should be productive.
Puig is a spark away from being solid at the plate while Kemp was an All Star on fire till the break also a key player for LA getting back in the race and winning the division. Wood can be a fair back end rotation, the worst move LA made was bringing him out of the pen in the post. All were expendable with more upside and I bet we haven't heard the last of Puig, he's still a head case but if he matures he'll have some good years in Cincy. I'm glad he's out of LA but they better add someone with a bat and defense to the roster....At least with Puig gone LA can go back to using the cut off man.

I don't see LA giving hairflip the long term contract he's asking, I get the feeling LA will do the same roll the dice till the break an if they're in range they'll add someone.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

Mo Rivera, Mike Mussina, Roy Halladay, Edgar Martinez all elected to the HOF. Mariano was the first unanimous selection in history. Thoughts??
Mariano was the best to ever do it and there really is no close second. If anybody should be unanimous, it's Mo.
Doc and Moose are certainly deserving of the Hall.
Edgar? I don't buy it...Dude could hit, I just don't think he's a HOF'er. I'm willing to be convinced if you have an argument.
As for Lee Smith and Harold Baines? It shouldn't be the Hall Of The Very Good. I dont think either of them are deserving.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:12 pm Mo Rivera, Mike Mussina, Roy Halladay, Edgar Martinez all elected to the HOF. Mariano was the first unanimous selection in history. Thoughts??
Mariano was the best to ever do it and there really is no close second. If anybody should be unanimous, it's Mo.
Edgar? I don't buy it...Dude could hit, I just don't think he's a HOF'er. I'm willing to be convinced if you have an argument.
As for Lee Smith and Harold Baines? It shouldn't be the Hall Of The Very Good. I dont think either of them are deserving.
Unfuckingbelievable. Rivera got 100%? Get the fuck out of here. Ruth, Mays, Griffey Jr., Cobb, Aaron, Gehrig, Henderson, Mathewson, etc. didn't get 100%, but a ( Yankee ) closer did.

Mussina has no business being there.

At this point Capt. Overated will get 100% and a blowjob.

Fuck the Hall.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:12 pmEdgar? I don't buy it...Dude could hit, I just don't think he's a HOF'er. I'm willing to be convinced if you have an argument.
Cooperstown has officially turned into the joke that is Canton...Anyone can get in.

I have less of an issue with Mussina then I do Edgar, Lee and Baines.....As an NL guy I'm not big on the DH to begin with.
I've been injured and played DH before, I felt like a scrub like I wasn't playing or apart of the team. Sitting on the bench watching your team play just so you can step up to the plate a couple times a game is lame......You don't get any wear and tear you just grab a bat every other inning VS guys who take the field, actually play and hit. It's like you're always fresh playing DH.
Eventually I refused to DH because I felt like a Fan and it drove me nuts watching my team play....The DH is a Batting Hack.

I didn't think he was going to make it but Edgar had a big push "not sure from where" but with the last few years of lame inductees I'm not surprised now Edgar's opened the door for non playing hitters.....Just put Ortiz in now....I don't even like how they call it a position. Might as well induct John Vander Wal because he was a great pinch hitter!

WIth Larry Walker and Todd Helton being dodged because of a team they played over how they played for this years class....Joke. Jack Morris FTW!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Mo Rivera 100%............There's no crying in baseball! If he played for Seattle he wouldn't be worshiped like Odin.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

UtahRatt wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:04 am Mo Rivera 100%............There's no crying in baseball! If he played for Seattle he wouldn't be worshiped like Odin.
So true, so typical. You nailed it. What a regressive lot the baseball media often is.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Manny Machado signs with SD. 10/300m, opt out after 5th year.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Bryce Harper signs ( what will possibly go down as the worst deal in SPORTS history ) with the Phillies. 13/330m.

"That's a clown contract, bro."
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Hearing that the Giants offered 12 years and 310 million makes me relieved that they dodged that bullet.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

killeverything wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm Bryce Harper signs ( what will possibly go down as the worst deal in SPORTS history ) with the Phillies. 13/330m.

"That's a clown contract, bro."
Harper wanted to be with one team the rest of his career, the terms give him just that. The AAV doesn't hurt Philly until the last three years and they STILL have room to shore up their pitching. I guess Harper and Trout have been texting like BFFs so we'll see how Trout looks in red pinstripes in 2021.

Another thing that people have overlooked (besides the enormous uptick in ticket sales and merch) is that a NL DH is probably happening within the next few years so you can throw any of his defensive liabilities out the window. All he has to do is keep smacking the ball around that band box and getting walks. With Harper in that lineup how do you pitch to them? I've seen him batting SECOND in some scenarios which is both funny and ludicrous at the same time.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

killeverything wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 pm
K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:12 pm Mo Rivera, Mike Mussina, Roy Halladay, Edgar Martinez all elected to the HOF. Mariano was the first unanimous selection in history. Thoughts??
Unfuckingbelievable. Rivera got 100%? Get the fuck out of here. Ruth, Mays, Griffey Jr., Cobb, Aaron, Gehrig, Henderson, Mathewson, etc. didn't get 100%, but a ( Yankee ) closer did.
Your anger appears to be at Rivera getting 100%, when it should be about the ludicrous fact that those other guys didn’t. It’s ludicrous there are people that didn’t vote for those guys when there time came. It is absolutely sensible that everyone agreed Rivera is an HoFer.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

If anyone is interested in Sludge Fantasy Baseball this year just PM your email and I'll send you the invite. Great league and we welcome anyone as long as you keep up with your team throughout the whole season. Even if you are tanking keep playing.

Thanks,
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Blumpkin King wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 am If anyone is interested in Sludge Fantasy Baseball this year just PM your email and I'll send you the invite. Great league and we welcome anyone as long as you keep up with your team throughout the whole season. Even if you are tanking keep playing.

Thanks,
I'll second this, we all have a great time especially kicking the shit out of KillEverythng on a weekly basis.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 pm
Blumpkin King wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 am If anyone is interested in Sludge Fantasy Baseball this year just PM your email and I'll send you the invite. Great league and we welcome anyone as long as you keep up with your team throughout the whole season. Even if you are tanking keep playing.

Thanks,
I'll second this, we all have a great time especially kicking the shit out of KillEverythng on a weekly basis.
Goddamnit! :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mike Trout signs 12/430m extension with Angels, officially ending every GM in baseball's plan to offer him a massive contract next year.

*ETA

Astros extend Alex Bregman 6/100m.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

killeverything wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:36 am Mike Trout signs 12/430m extension with Angels, officially ending every GM in baseball's plan to offer him a massive contract next year.

*ETA

Wasn't it 5/100?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 am
killeverything wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:36 am Mike Trout signs 12/430m extension with Angels, officially ending every GM in baseball's plan to offer him a massive contract next year.

*ETA

Wasn't it 5/100?
I could have sworn it was 6, but you're right.

Mookie Betts reveals he turned down a 200m extension already.

MFY sign Gio Gonzalez to minor league deal.

Kimbrel and Brewers talks heating up.

*ETA

Cards give Goldschmidt 5/130m extension.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Sale gets 5yr/145m extension.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mets extend Jacob Degrom for 5 years.

Fernando Tatis Jr. ( miLB's #1 prospect ) on SD's Opening Day roster. Tatis is the youngest starter since Adrian Beltre in 1999. In fact Beltre, Alan Trammel and Ken Griffey Jr. are the only that were younger start Opening Day since 1977.

AZ's Steve Souza Jr. out for season with ACL tear.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

M's nice start......Sales 3ip 2BB 7ER!

Z. Greinke 3.2ip 2BB 7ER!....Dodgers crush MLB-record 8 HRs in opening rout.

Bum gets NO help, why do I feel Machado is SD's new Adrian Gonzalez....

I'm saying the same as last season, what NL team will go to the WS and get spanked by the AL big 3 to 4

Clayton and Rich Hill open on the DL.

How do you see the NL West playing out Kill? I like the Rock's they've been creeping up the last two seasons.

------------------------------

Max Scherzer took over as baseball's highest-paid player at $37.4 million and the World Series champion Boston Red Sox remained the sport's bigger spender for the second straight year.....$225,183,602 Millionnnn Dollarssss.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:30 pm M's nice start......Sales 3ip 2BB 7ER!

Z. Greinke 3.2ip 2BB 7ER!....Dodgers crush MLB-record 8 HRs in opening rout.

Bum gets NO help, why do I feel Machado is SD's new Adrian Gonzalez....

I'm saying the same as last season, what NL team will go to the WS and get spanked by the AL big 3 to 4

Clayton and Rich Hill open on the DL.

How do you see the NL West playing out Kill? I like the Rock's they've been creeping up the last two seasons.

------------------------------

Max Scherzer took over as baseball's highest-paid player at $37.4 million and the World Series champion Boston Red Sox remained the sport's bigger spender for the second straight year.....$225,183,602 Millionnnn Dollarssss.
I'm thinking Colorado is going to surprise a lot of people too. AZ is nothing and SF is in a rebuild. I believe the Division is still LAD's to lose, but the Rockies ain't gonna make it easy.

Unless it was a fluke WS win ( like the White Sox in '05 ), Boston still needs to he beat. The problem though is their bullpen isn't very scary. NYY still doesn't have the starting pitching. I was wrong last year, but I still see Houston as the team to go all the way. Luhnow did such an amazing job building a contender.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Houston then Boston in that order, only reason why I scratched Houston last season was the back to back bitch and with the attitude of today's overpriced players it showed Boston was hungrier. This year that same match up will be a fight.

The NL, not sure who to favor but someone's going to lose the WS again.

The NL West could be LAD I feel better then I did last year but their PEN is still an issue that needs to be addressed at the break if they're going to go deep. I thought if SF's line up could hit like they did a few years ago they could fight for the West but I don't think it's gonna happen.

The Brewers are interesting.......Still hate on Cubs suck, broke the cure with luck then went right back to folding. The NL is open for whoever is hot going into October.

I like the Rock's but I haven't seen what they did with their closer and Pen......They lost so many late games last season I thought about putting in an application.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Sox extend Bogaerts 6yrs/120mil
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Can I ask a stupid question since I'm not a baseball guy...if statistically, at away games, all pitchers struggle during the first inning.....why would it be preposterous to use a closer during the first inning when you're on the road?....like this caller suggests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImPEgS-lbM
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
WhiteHouseSubsAC

FullDJacket wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:29 am Can I ask a stupid question since I'm not a baseball guy...if statistically, at away games, all pitchers struggle during the first inning.....why would it be preposterous to use a closer during the first inning when you're on the road?....like this caller suggests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImPEgS-lbM
I believe that Tampa was doing that last year.

How about those undefeated Phils? I think this Harper kid may be good someday.