Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote:Braves 1B Freddie Freeman has fractured left wrist. Out at least 8 weeks.
Word is it's ten weeks now. Huge blow to our season.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Blue Jays Kevin Pillar called Braves RHP Jason Motte a homophobic slur. "I'm completely embarrassed." This is under investigation by mlb.
There's a joke here I know it.
2 game suspension without pay. I agree with the punishment.

Now if only someone can drill Joey Bats in the legs or ribs for another one of his patented bat flips(unnecessary of course)
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

They ( Julio Teheran ) did the next day in his ( 2nd(?) AB. The pitch that hit his leg was clocked @ 95.6mph which was Teheran's fastest thrown of the season.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:They ( Julio Teheran ) did the next day in his ( 2nd(?) AB. The pitch that hit his leg was clocked @ 95.6mph which was Teheran's fastest thrown of the season.
I saw that and you know what, the play by Julio was terrible. He should have been tossed from the game for being stupid.
The incident was over and what happened as a result? Joey Bats takes 1st base and the Jays rally for 3 runs in the 1st inning.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:They ( Julio Teheran ) did the next day in his ( 2nd(?) AB. The pitch that hit his leg was clocked @ 95.6mph which was Teheran's fastest thrown of the season.
I saw that and you know what, the play by Julio was terrible. He should have been tossed from the game for being stupid.
The incident was over and what happened as a result? Joey Bats takes 1st base and the Jays rally for 3 runs in the 1st inning.

It certainly didn't work out for Atlanta, but that kind of shit needs to stay. If your going to do this retarded batflip shit you should have to possibly face getting hit.

Teheran didn't throw at his head, he threw ( hard ) at his hip. I'm sure that shit stung. That's a part of the game that needs to stay. That's a part of the game that needs to make a comeback.

Hairflip boy, Puig, and Bautista wouldn't flip on Ryan or Gibson. Lil' bitches.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

It certainly didn't work out for Atlanta, but that kind of shit needs to stay. If your going to do this retarded batflip shit you should have to possibly face getting hit.

Teheran didn't throw at his head, he threw ( hard ) at his hip. I'm sure that shit stung. That's a part of the game that needs to stay. That's a part of the game that needs to make a comeback.

Hairflip boy, Puig, and Bautista wouldn't flip on Ryan or Gibson. Lil' bitches.
Kill, I agree with you for the most part but when you hit a batter to lead off the game and that team ends up scoring 3 runs,
was it really a good idea to do that? I applaud the pitcher for hitting Joey Bats on the leg. Unlike that Ventura guy
from the Royals who was a head-hunter.
The batflip was a joke but I really think Joey Bats knew he was wrong and tried to apologize when he reached home.
If anybody should have been drilled the next game it should have been Pillar, for the gay slur he shouted in the direction of that Braves pitcher
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Dallas Keuchel and Justin Turner to the DL
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

White Sox finalizing deal with Cuban OF Luis Robert. Deal believed to be worth 25m per.

*edit

Braves aquire 1B Matt Addams and cash from Cardinals for INF prospect Juan Yepez.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Former Senator and HOF pitcher Jim Bunning passed away today. He was 85.

Man, the MFY are playing out pf their minds right now. I still don't think they have the pitching to be contenders in the long run though.

*edit

Stephen Strasburg strikes out a career high 15.

Tomorrow has Kershaw @ Lester. I wanna see that one.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Very entertaining base-brawl between Giants and Nationals yesterday.
IMO, Strickland was out of line. The history those 2 have is over three years old. LAME.

That being said, the bigger story is how Posey, the all-star, the MVP, the catcher, how he
just stood at the plate and watched Harper charge the mound, hurl this helmet and punch
his teammate before he moved. I think it was 5 seconds before Posey made his 1st step
towards the mound.
What happened to the times when the catcher would not only beat the HP umpire to the mound
but wraps his arms around the hitter to keep him from charging the mound?
Posey is soft
He is entitled and that old ankle injury he suffered years ago is not an excuse "not to mix it up"
when a fight is happening.
I hope he lost the locker room over this because he is the story of this fight.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/233174574 ... d=27118122
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Very entertaining base-brawl between Giants and Nationals yesterday.
IMO, Strickland was out of line. The history those 2 have is over three years old. LAME.

That being said, the bigger story is how Posey, the all-star, the MVP, the catcher, how he
just stood at the plate and watched Harper charge the mound, hurl this helmet and punch
his teammate before he moved. I think it was 5 seconds before Posey made his 1st step
towards the mound.
What happened to the times when the catcher would not only beat the HP umpire to the mound
Posey is soft
He is entitled and that old ankle injury he suffered years ago is not an excuse "not to mix it up"
Meh. I don't know. The bigger story around the bay is how the team is sick of Strickland's shit. He's carried that grudge ( in which he got a WS ring ) for two years. "I thought it was over" - Bryce Harper

If Strickland was so pissed he should learn how to fucking throw strikes. Imagine if the best bat in SF goes on the DL because a AAAA player had his feelings hurt for not being any good at his job.

I think the catcher needs to protect his pitcher, but regardless of what Strickland says. That was intentional. I also think if Posey thought to himself "fuck you, dude." I wouldn't blame him. Don't start none, won't be none. I'm actually on hairflip boy's side on this one.

Mike Trout out 6-8 weeks for surgery on thumb tear ( insert medical term here ). Even on the DL he's still better than Harper.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:Very entertaining base-brawl between Giants and Nationals yesterday.

towards the mound.
Posey is soft
Meh. I don't know. The bigger story around the bay is how the team is sick of Strickland's shit. He's carried that grudge ( in which he got a WS ring ) for two years. "I thought it was over" - Bryce Harper

If Strickland was so pissed he should learn how to fucking throw strikes. Imagine if the best bat in SF goes on the DL because a AAAA player had his feelings hurt for not being any good at his job.

I think the catcher needs to protect his pitcher, but regardless of what Strickland says. That was intentional. I also think if Posey thought to himself "fuck you, dude." I wouldn't blame him. Don't start none, won't be none. I'm actually on hairflip boy's side on this one.
i understand where you are coming from but i still think Posey was wrong for standing behind the plate, frozen and unwilling to help out. he is selfish and feels entitled.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

towards the mound.
Posey is soft

i understand where you are coming from but i still think Posey was wrong for standing behind the plate, frozen and unwilling to help out. he is selfish and feels entitled.
"Selfish and entitled" is a little too speculative for me. Possibly. I just think that Strickland is a bitch and it's not worth getting hurt over. He probably thought to himself "kill the motherfucker, geez" ( they both landed a good punch though ).

I'll wait until more comes out. From what I've gathered is the team were sick of his attitude. Don't like it? Quit sucking, fucking crybaby.

Or maybe he just refuses to throw down. It's all over the news now. I'll wait until more comes out.

The "Posey Rule" still pisses me off though.

*Jeb Bush no longer interested in buying the Marlins. Jeter will still look to purchase.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

"Selfish and entitled" is a little too speculative for me. Possibly. I just think that Strickland is a bitch and it's not worth getting hurt over. He probably thought to himself "kill the motherfucker, geez" ( they both landed a good punch though ).

I'll wait until more comes out. From what I've gathered is the team were sick of his attitude. Don't like it? Quit sucking, fucking crybaby.

Or maybe he just refuses to throw down. It's all over the news now. I'll wait until more comes out.

The "Posey Rule" still pisses me off though.
i was listening to morning radio and the overwhelming majority of fans have lost respect for Posey.
Giants fans are smart and they know Harper took Strickland deep back in 2014. they also recognize
that Pence left the dugout in order to help with the fight. all the while Posey stood there with
his gear on for a good 5 seconds.
listen, even Ventura, the Royals pitcher, upset his teammates with the number of beanballs he threw
but you still saw the team and the catcher run out to protect him.
Posey is selfish and he showed his true colors yesterday.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I just heard that Posey called three fingers down, not one meaning he was calling for an offspeed pitch outside, not the fastball Strickland threw. Strickland took this on his own because he was still butthurt over 2014.

Harper was talking shit from the dugout after his second HR in the NLCS, but he went home while the Giants won the WS.

Now that's one angle. Strickland took this upon himself to start. The second is Posey was under management orders to not participate. He had a concussion and has pins and needles in his ankle. They even have told him to avoid onfield celebrations.

In that sense I get Posey's reaction, or lack thereof. In the public eye though he's damaged. Hopefully he can keep the lockerroom.

I didn't watch the game past the 4th or 5th inning since I had to run some errands and was listening in the car at that point. I didn't see the Posey nonreaction until later that evening.

Kruk and Kuip weren't speaking too highly of it though.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Harper suspended 4 games. Strickland suspended 6. Both are appealing.

Mike Morse placed on 10 day DL with concussion suffered from collision with Smardijiza during melee.

Albert Pujols sits at 599 HRs.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Harper suspended 4 games. Strickland suspended 6. Both are appealing.

Mike Morse placed on 10 day DL with concussion suffered from collision with Smardijiza during melee.

Albert Pujols sits at 599 HRs.
the collision between Morse and that other guy was hilarious. here you have 2 large men, running at a high rate of
speed and they collide. that is some bad news bears stuff right there.
ok so how soon does Strickland get traded to a Japanese baseball team? :lol: :lol:

IMO, the suspensions by MLB were very lenient. both players escaped a harsh discipline. Harper should have at least 10 games
added for the terrible helmet hurl.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Clayton Kershaw 2nd fastest in mlb history to 2,000 strikeouts. He did it in 277 games.

The list is
1. Randy Johnson 262
2. Clayton Kershaw 277
3. Nolan Ryan 287
4. Roger Clemens 294
5. Pedro Martinez 300
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Harper has already had his appeal heard and is serving his suspension while Strickland's appeal doesn't get heard until June 13th.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Bryce Harper stated his preference to go to the Cubs when he hits free agency in 2019.

I don't see this happening. Harper is believed to be signing the largest contract in mlb history ( speculated at 500m ) and Chicago has Kris Bryant hitting FA in 2021. The amount to keep both of them would be the price the Florida Marlins are being sold for ( presumably ).

Given the choice between the two? Harper or Bryant? Without looking up their WAR or projections I would take Bryant and I hope that's not just because I have a bias against Harper.

The upcoming free agents in the next few years are going to be unreal.

*edit

FLA Edison Volquez throws first no-hitter with a 3-0 win over AZ. 2BB 10K

Albert Pujols hit HR #600
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Bryce Harper stated his preference to go to the Cubs when he hits free agency in 2019.

I don't see this happening. Harper is believed to be signing the largest contract in mlb history ( speculated at 500m ) and Chicago has Kris Bryant hitting FA in 2021. The amount to keep both of them would be the price the Florida Marlins are being sold for ( presumably ).

Given the choice between the two? Harper or Bryant? Without looking up their WAR or projections I would take Bryant and I hope that's not just because I have a bias against Harper.

*edit

Harper is not getting 400m and he's not getting 500m. Sorry. Those numbers look nice in print but that is not reality.
Rangers, many years ago, made a fatal mistake giving ARod all that money. There was not money remaining for the rest of the roster.
So that scenario will not happen again. Unless Harper wants all the money and be a loser for the rest of his career.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Bryce Harper stated his preference to go to the Cubs when he hits free agency in 2019.

*edit

Harper is not getting 400m and he's not getting 500m. Sorry. Those numbers look nice in print but that is not reality.
Rangers, many years ago, made a fatal mistake giving ARod all that money. There was not money remaining for the rest of the roster.
So that scenario will not happen again. Unless Harper wants all the money and be a loser for the rest of his career.
It wouldn't surprise me to him get 400m. He'll sign a contract loaded with incentives ( not unlike the Arod one signed in NY ) and an opt-out.

He's already signed the largest one year in baseball history. With his age it's not hard to believe he'll get possibly the largest in US sports of all time. Motherfucker will be making more than Trout.

Edison Volquez NL Player Of The Week
George Springer is AL Player Of The Week
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SFG trade TX PTNBL and cash for Sam Dyson.

Seattle extend Juan Segura 5/70m.

The Astros 11 game win streak comes to an end vs. KC.

Max Scherzer Ks 14 Dodgers.

Former player and Red Sox announcer Jeremy Remy under fire for saying translators shouldt be allowed to go to the mound. "Learn baseball language."

His timing's pretty bad, especially with the Adam Jones incident at Fenway and Mike Schmidt's "Herrara can't lead Phillies, because he doesn't speak english."

MAGA baseball, apparently.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Former player and Red Sox announcer Jeremy Remy under fire for saying translators shouldt be allowed to go to the mound. "Learn baseball language."

His timing's pretty bad, especially with the Adam Jones incident at Fenway and Mike Schmidt's "Herrara can't lead Phillies, because he doesn't speak english."

MAGA baseball, apparently.
Someone from Boston is a racist? C'mon now, shall I alert the media :lol:

"I sincerely apologize to those who were offended by my comments during the telecast last night," Remy tweeted Wednesday.

That was his heartless apology. Clearly by the words he chose and the length of the apology, he does not care to apologize.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Astros' Dallas Keuchel ( 10-0 ) on 10 day DL with neck stiffness.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

"Baseball" language not the English language.
Tanaka has been in the league 4 years and he needs a translator to tell him to not throw meatballs over the plate?
His catcher doesn't speak English very well but with his glove over his mouth Tanaka can miraculously understand him?
The game is slow enough with out extra people making the stroll to the mound and that's what Remy was referring to.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:"Baseball" language not the English language.
Tanaka has been in the league 4 years and he needs a translator to tell him to not throw meatballs over the plate?
His catcher doesn't speak English very well but with his glove over his mouth Tanaka can miraculously understand him?
The game is slow enough with out extra people making the stroll to the mound and that's what Remy was referring to.
You have got to be kidding me. The game is very slow but it is not the fault of the international hurlers that need
a translator. They are the last people to blame in this dilemma MLB has about the games averaging over 3 hour per.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

I didn't say it was their fault but it's a contribution.
Watch how much faster games go if they eliminate mound visits all together.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:I didn't say it was their fault but it's a contribution.
I am not opposed to less mound visits. The visits that really extend the game are when the catcher
and pitcher meet up multiple times during the same batter.
There might be a runner on 2nd, it is the 10th pitch of the at bat and the hitter fouls off another pitch.
Suddenly the catcher feels the need to meet on the mound to discuss the next pitch. Allowing the catcher
not to put down a sign for fear of the runner relaying the sign to the hitter.
Eliminate those visits to the mound or interruptions in the game and the game might end about 5 minutes
earlier.
Or, how about losing the 2 1/2 minutes in between innings to allow for commercials?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm not sure how I would feel about eliminating mound visits. Some of them seem arbitrary, but some are necessary. I'm not sure how mlb could police that.

That said, while I understand Remy's point about Tanaka's translator ( I don't recall him having an issue with both Matsuzaka or Okijima's translators though ) and the timing was poor in light of the Adam Jones incident, and with Fenway being more active in throwing out fans that use racism in the stands.

That said, best pitcher in college baseball ( 52-4 OSU's Luke Hemlich 0.76ERA ) was outed as a registered sex offender from when he was a minor. You read that headline and think "he got popped having sex as a minor ( 15 ) with his also minor GF in high school? So?"

Nope. When he was 15 he plead guilty to molesting his six year old cousin. Fucking what? Ewwww.

The Beavers are under fire for special treatment of athletes. The victim's ( now 11 ) mother and her have no contact with Heimlich. Wow.
Machado wrote:
I am not opposed to less mound visits. The visits that really extend the game are when the catcher
and pitcher meet up multiple times during the same batter.
There might be a runner on 2nd, it is the 10th pitch of the at bat and the hitter fouls off another pitch.
Suddenly the catcher feels the need to meet on the mound to discuss the next pitch. Allowing the catcher
not to put down a sign for fear of the runner relaying the sign to the hitter.
Eliminate those visits to the mound or interruptions in the game and the game might end about 5 minutes
earlier.
Or, how about losing the 2 1/2 minutes in between innings to allow for commercials?
Actually, I have more to add to this. Mound visit are a necessity such as setting up a pickoff.

If they want to get rid of it altogether, that would mean every pitcher has to trust his catcher's pitch calling completely.

Not everyone is an Ellis or Posey. I think this is not where to look to stupify baseball.