Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

It’s an interesting pitching matchup tonight. Rick “how the fuck did this guy beat out Verlamder for a Cy” Porcello @ CC “actually deserved his Cy” Sabbathia.

I just think the Yankees bats are going to be hotter in the Stadium. At least for game 3. Price hates it in Boston. I knew Sandoval was going to be a bust there. Like I said before that I was in Berkeley when it was announced and laughed my ass off. He was known for being sensitive in SF. You’re gonna play in front a fanbase that fucking booed Keith Foulke? :lol: Awww man. Good luck.

I think they’re #2 being so broken has pretty much fucked them from being champions. 2001 all over again.

It wouldn’t matter anyway. Fuck, the Astros are good.

*edit

Fuck, it’s Eeovaldi @ Severino. I could have sworn it was the Porcello and CC. I discussed it today at work. Goddamnit.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Um, okay, now can I complain? Dodgers win...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Holy shit did Boston put a smack down on Severino. 16-1. Nrock Holt became the first player in postseason history to hit for the cycle.

I read that Severino didn’t what time the biggest game of his life started ( 07:40 ) and started warming up 5 minutes prior. C’mon, dude.

LAD douchebag, Yasiel “we’ll beat Milwaukie in 4.” God, I hope they lose even more so than I wanted before.

There’s also a lot of rumblings about legally blind umpire, Angel Hernandez wanting to sue MLB for discrimination. I’m not sure how the Americans With Disabilities Acts pertains to umpires though.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:20 pm Um, okay, now can I complain? Dodgers win...
You'll get no sympathy from me and like it! Complaining during the 5th Inning of a great game THEY STILL WON? Get outta hear with that!

AHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHH!

Or is it.............

WHOAAAAA OOHH WHOA OHHHHHH WHOA OOHH WHOA! "repeat all game except when getting spanked" FSU called they want their chant back! :oops:

Atlanta had a great season I don't think their mascot expected them to be this good this early. I figured they was at least a year out but they won the division ahead of time. I like the Braves in the mix, you can say they're back after a pretty fast REBUILD, they've got something good in Atlanta and should be able to take home at least a few division titles in the next few years.
I see more problems in Washington and the rest of the division is a stretch to step up. GO FISH! Looks like the Met's gonna have to rebuild their rotation, Philly could be interesting but doubt it and is Washington losing Hair Flip? They won easily and are back in the mix, I'd be excited with the future of the braves vs the division and the state of the NL.

See ya Kershaw, please stay but I think you're gone the team wants to drop more cap.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:24 pm Holy shit did Boston put a smack down on Severino. 16-1. Nrock Holt became the first player in postseason history to hit for the cycle.

I read that Severino didn’t what time the biggest game of his life started ( 07:40 ) and started warming up 5 minutes prior. C’mon, dude.

LAD douchebag, Yasiel “we’ll beat Milwaukie in 4.” God, I hope they lose even more so than I wanted before.

There’s also a lot of rumblings about legally blind umpire, Angel Hernandez wanting to sue MLB for discrimination. I’m not sure how the Americans With Disabilities Acts pertains to umpires though.
I'm still going with Boston you knew they're bats were going explode. I've been saying someone in the NL is going to get spanked by any of the BIG 3.5.....5 being NY.

AND NO ONE likes Puig he's not like Fat Panda with a few blind Giant fans, even the brass tried to trade him with no luck. He's been humbled and I still think he's a moron, LA put Puig on wavers and no one picked him up......

Every team has a Puig, he's mild compared to Javier Baez or Altuve....Braun's still on ROIDS! Chapman's a woman beating tool and we wont even get to Harper, Hamilton or Heywood....Is Hanley still in the Sox's line up? Boston has a bench of tools, Hanley and Panda made a good par and I hear Verlander clubs baby seals to make boot's for Kate Upton.

A few years ago LAD had a team of thugs now I'd say it's a battle between the Stro's, B-Sox's, Rangers and maybe the Blue J's or CUBS and their fans. Papelbon probably lives in Boston and they love him. Cueto isn't going to win any nice guy awards.....The hate comes from the rivalry, basement dweller!

Of course I'm taking out the Yankees, they're a given team of douchebags for douchebags.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I so wanted the tribe to pull it off but I didn't expect them to get ran the fuck over. Good luck stopping that train.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

UtahRatt wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:08 am

Every team has a Puig, he's mild compared to Javier Baez or Altuve....
Huh? What has Altuve ever done to warrant that comparison? Perhaps you meant Bregman? That guy can be a tad on the cocky side.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:12 am I so wanted the tribe to pull it off but I didn't expect them to get ran the fuck over. Good luck stopping that train.
I knew they would. Francona is a good mgr., but after seeing Kluber and the rest of the pitching staff’s choke job against Chicago they had no chance in hell.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:03 amHuh? What has Altuve ever done to warrant that comparison? Perhaps you meant Bregman? That guy can be a tad on the cocky side.

I'll retract.....
I named Altuve out of spite because of his attitude during last years series "who don't have attitude in the WS really". The WS was like watching a team of cocky dudes like Bergman vs a pumped but more mild mannered group. Verlander is still a cock.

What can you say when you get so invested then the WS goes 7 and your team loses...I hate their mascot at this point. I don't care if the Dodgers go again because the ending will be worse, 5 games max. They're lights out and LA is weaker this year.
I've had little faith in LA most of the season then figured they'd take the Braves but now I'd almost rather see the Brewers win cause I don't wanna go through it again. Last year sucked the life out of me on it's own...Oh and your team loses game 7. LOUZER!

GO BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think NY had a chance turns out they had enough for pinstripes fans to bleed. How about that ending? Let's go to the Replay! Like the NFL when they score a TD you jump off the couch....Now it's jump on the couch and remain still till the Ref waddles over to the booth and confirms.

How about the Bud Light thrown at Kimbrel walking out of the Pen? :lol:
THIS BUD'S FOR YOU!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Boston vs Houston - Stros in 6
Dodgers vs Brewers - Brewers in 6 maybe 7

I have an ugly feeling LA bats could go quiet, if they don't the series could go either way.

Just to add to Bergman, during the post game locker room celebration he had to "complaining about not being on national TV " it's about time the Show Stro's get to play on Prime Time television so were looking forward to the ALCS! Verlander avoided the champagne party to smoke a cigar.

During Bostons celebration:
As the champagne bottles were popping in the Red Sox locker room after their 4-3 American League Division Series Game 4 clincher Tuesday night, the background music was Frank Sinatra singing "New York, New York," the song that echoes around Yankee Stadium after every game.
Red Sox blast 'New York, New York' after eliminating Yankees.....Start spreading the news!!!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2494 ... ng-yankees
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

UtahRatt wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:01 am

During Bostons celebration:
As the champagne bottles were popping in the Red Sox locker room after their 4-3 American League Division Series Game 4 clincher Tuesday night, the background music was Frank Sinatra singing "New York, New York," the song that echoes around Yankee Stadium after every game.
Red Sox blast 'New York, New York' after eliminating Yankees.....Start spreading the news!!!!
They were saying it was a shot at Judge because he had it playing while getting on the bus after game 2.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 amThey were saying it was a shot at Judge because he had it playing while getting on the bus after game 2.
I heard it was Giancarlo Stanton Walk-Up to the plate song?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Sale VS Verlander Game 1 ALCS

Kershaw VS Undecided Game 1 NLCS

Calling it now...Houston and Boston in the top 5 lowest strikeout rate and both in the top ten HR's some balls will get launched early. It's time Verlander has a Rough Night!

-------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if anyone noticed that no one plays small ball anymore. More power and less speed on teams?

Small ball is down everywhere, with stolen bases and sacrifice bunts dying a slow death. In the 2017 postseason, only 30 steals were even attempted, the fewest since 30 in 1986 -- except in 1986 there were just 20 postseason games, while in 2017 there were 38. In any postseason in which at least eight games were played, 2017 featured the lowest per-game rate of stolen base attempts.
Additionally, there were just 15 sacrifice bunts last postseason -- just seven from non-pitchers. That rate actually mirrored the regular-season rate, so the idea that managers play more small ball in the postseason didn't ring true in 2017.

How it's playing out this postseason: Well, there have already been more stolen bases in a week of 2018 postseason games than we saw all of last October, as teams are a combined 23-for-29 on attempts.

The two teams doing the most damage on the basepaths? The Los Angeles Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers, who will meet in the NL Championship Series. Milwaukee's five steals might not be too big of a surprise after finishing the regular season as the only team with triple-digit stolen bases, but L.A.'s eight in four games vs. Atlanta is certainly worth tracking.

We've seen eight sac bunts this postseason with all but two of them coming from non-pitchers, the two by pitchers have both been from the Dodgers,
More teams to watch: The Red Sox actually ranked third in the majors with 125 steals during the regular season and are a perfect 5-for-5 on attempts this postseason.

------------------------------

Leadoff hitters with power, the three seasons with the most home runs from leadoff hitters are the past three:

2017: 642
2018: 638
2016: 576
No. 4 on the list is 2008 with 466 and 20 years ago the first year with 30 teams there were just 381 homers hit by leadoff batters. We've already seen eight home runs from leadoff hitters this postseason, with three of them coming off Springer's bat. The Dodgers have had multiple leadoff hitters hit home runs this postseason in Joc Pederson and Chris Taylor.

names to watch: Mookie Betts is the likely AL MVP after slugging 32 home runs, winning the batting title and ranking second to Mike Trout in the majors in OPS -- while hitting leadoff -- and he hasn't gone deep in October ... yet.

-------------------

For the 13th consecutive season, strikeouts across the majors increased -- the average team fanned 8.48 times per game in 2018 (strikeout rate of 22.3 percent). Here are the regular-season and postseason strikeout rates since 2010:

Year: regular season, postseason

2010: 18.5 percent, 23.0 percent
2011: 18.6 percent, 20.0 percent
2012: 19.8 percent, 22.3 percent
2013: 19.9 percent, 23.6 percent
2014: 20.4 percent, 19.5 percent
2015: 20.4 percent, 24.2 percent
2016: 21.1 percent, 24.4 percent
2017: 21.6 percent, 24.7 percent

Other than 2014, the strikeout rate has actually gone up in the postseason. No surprise -- you have better pitching in October. The Astros won the World Series in 2017 and had the lowest strikeout rate in the majors in 2017. The Royals had the lowest strikeout rate in 2015 and won the World Series. On the other hand, the Cubs in 2016 and Giants in 2014 were middle of the pack in strikeout rate. The 2012 Giants had the second-lowest rate after removing pitchers.

--------------------------------------------------

Starting pitchers throwing fewer innings
2012: 37.6 percent
2013: 34.8 percent
2014: 40.2 percent
2015: 39.5 percent
2016: 43.2 percent
2017: 46.5 percent

The five teams with the lowest bullpen ERAs in 2018 all made the postseason: Astros, Cubs, A's, Yankees and Brewers.

But you still need a workhorse: Relievers are pitching more innings. Recent history, however, suggests you can't completely rely on the bullpen. The postseason is so long that you need somebody to step up, carry a big load and win a big game somewhere along the line. Consider:

2017: Verlander, 36 2/3 innings (6 games, 5 games started). Beat the Yankees 2-1 with a complete game in Game 2 of the ALCS and then threw seven scoreless innings in Game 7 of the series.

2016: Lester, 35 2/3 innings (6 G, 5 GS). Threw eight shutout innings in Game 1 of the NLDS to win 1-0. Won Game 5 of the World Series and then pitched three innings in Game 7.

2015: Edinson Volquez, 28 2/3 innings (5 GS). The Royals are kind of the exception to the rule, but note that Johnny Cueto did pitch eight innings in Game 5 of the ALDS and threw a complete game in the World Series.

2014: Madison Bumgarner, 52 2/3 innings (7 G, 6 GS). The legend.

2013: Adam Wainwright, 35 innings (5 GS). The Cardinals lost the World Series, but Wainwright averaged seven innings per outing. Lester of the winning Red Sox went 7 2/3 innings in three of his five starts.

2012: Matt Cain, 30 innings (5 GS). Another exception, as Cain averaged just six innings per start.

2011: Chris Carpenter, 36 innings (6 GS). Carpenter had one short outing but won Game 5 of the NLDS 1-0 over Roy Halladay with a complete game and then pitched 19 innings in the World Series, winning Game 7 on three days' rest.

2010: Tim Lincecum, 37 innings (6 G, 5 GS). He had a 1-0 shutout with 14 strikeouts in Game 1 of the NLDS and won clinching Game 5 of the World Series with one run in eight innings.

The point here: You're probably not going to win the World Series if you're just getting five innings a start so you need that ace to step up.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Not sure if anyone noticed but watching the NLDS on FS1 or MLB? It was like watching Sabermetrics baseball, from directional OF percentage to exit velocity and elevation angle I felt like I needed a calculator or a fucking nerd. It was kind of cool but holy shit if it didn't look more like a video game.

I wonder if national coverage will be as geeky, maybe that's why Verlander was bitching.........Na he just wanted more spotlight, $50 say's he leaks more pics of his wife's tits before the WS.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I love the sabre stuff, but dislike the cycle the game is going into now. It’s like that whole Gorilla Ball era where everyone was juiced to the gills and people like Bret fucking Boone hit 50HRs.

That’s why the strikeout rates are up. Everyone tries to hit it out of the park every at bat. Coincidentally it’s why starting pitchers can’t fucking throw more than 5IP now.

I believe it was Madden ( in Tampa Bay ) that had the no strikeouts-mentality. He thought ( I’m almost positive John Dewan and/or Bill James have written about it too ) that it’s more benefitial to get the batter to fly/ground out, than to strike them out. 3 pitches as opposed to 9+. I’m not sure the Players Union would allow that though. Incentive based contracts, etc.

I personally dig the smallball, move the runner over, old school style of play. Baseball always struck me with the strategy behind it. That’s missing now. Sign of the times I guess. People are getting dumber.

For example, while Aaron Judge is a great player and a fan of any team would be stoked to have him in their lineup. It blows my mind he’s not tore apart from the 200+ strikeouts per year. That’s more glaring than his monster HRs. Not to quote Billy Beane in 2002, but “you are just giving teams an out.” I don’t get it.

Get off my lawn.

I pick Christian Yelich for NL MVP and Milwaukie has been fun to see. Counsell’s comments about them not setting up their rotation sooner for the NLCS comes off as being terrified of Kershaw to me. Kind of bummed me out. I hope the break hasn’t zapped their momentum.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 pm I love the sabre stuff, but dislike the cycle the game is going into now. It’s like that whole Gorilla Ball era where everyone was juiced to the gills and people like Bret fucking Boone hit 50HRs.

That’s why the strikeout rates are up. Everyone tries to hit it out of the park every at bat. Coincidentally it’s why starting pitchers can’t fucking throw more than 5IP now.

I believe it was Madden ( in Tampa Bay ) that had the no strikeouts-mentality. He thought ( I’m almost positive John Dewan and/or Bill James have written about it too ) that it’s more benefitial to get the batter to fly/ground out, than to strike them out. 3 pitches as opposed to 9+. I’m not sure the Players Union would allow that though. Incentive based contracts, etc.

I personally dig the smallball, move the runner over, old school style of play. Baseball always struck me with the strategy behind it. That’s missing now. Sign of the times I guess. People are getting dumber.

For example, while Aaron Judge is a great player and a fan of any team would be stoked to have him in their lineup. It blows my mind he’s not tore apart from the 200+ strikeouts per year. That’s more glaring than his monster HRs. Not to quote Billy Beane in 2002, but “you are just giving teams an out.” I don’t get it.

Get off my lawn.

I pick Christian Yelich for NL MVP and Milwaukie has been fun to see. Counsell’s comments about them not setting up their rotation sooner for the NLCS comes off as being terrified of Kershaw to me. Kind of bummed me out. I hope the break hasn’t zapped their momentum.

The Brewers are going with Gio Gonzalez GM1, Wade Miley GM2 and Jhoulys Chacin GM3.....Two Lefties then a Righty.
I read the Brewers didn't pick a starter because they don't have a true Ace.....VS the Rockies their SP tossed 12⅔ innings in three games without allowing a run...That Pen worked great out of 5, out of 7 would demand something different I guess.

Dodgers, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Walker Buehler, Rich Hill 2, 3, 4.

ESPN Poll is close LAD 51% VS MIL 49%......I think it could go either way. If the Dodgers bats go quiet it's over, if the Brewers SO rate is still high they'll have problems. If LAD can tax the Brewers Pen early = good, if not it's a short series advantage Brew's. The longer it goes it might tip towards LAD. I can't call this one but betting the farm either team will get smoked in the WS. I would love to see the Brewers Pen blank the Stro's in 5.

Yelich is a monster, a clear MVP.

I miss small ball taking it out makes baseball boring. I don't know the reasons but noticed the Dodger line up over several years didn't have anyone who could steal a base since Dee Gordon built like a young Pedro Martinez ran like the wind weighing 120lbs before finding the needle and was traded. Since then LAD have at best a few players with average speed. It's Greek to me, D-ball was all about Pitching, Defense and small ball for as long as I've been alive...Totally different game.

The SO rate is crazy and I don't think it's great pitching, more like what you was saying....I haven't really looked into it but have seen a lot of stuff about the balls are juiced. Slugging percentage has to be up. Does Chicks and MLB still dig the long ball?

I don't know why teams don't teach pitchers to work more soft stuff around the plate, I keep saying Maddux dominated a generation painting the zone with what the mid 80's?

--------------------------------------------------

CUBS fire hitting coach Chili Davis 1 season.

------------------------------------------

Lenny Dykstra to face drug and threat charges before a judge in Elizabeth N.J. on Oct. 22.
Lenny was indicted this week in connection involving an Uber driver in May. He's charged with possession of cocaine and methamphetamine and making terroristic threats. All three charges are third-degree crimes punishable by up to five years in prison.

Dykstra claimed the driver threatened and tried to kidnap him early on the morning of May 23, after Dykstra asked to change the trip's destination. The driver allegedly told police Dykstra held a gun to his head, though no weapon was found. :oops:

---------------------------------------------

Cardinals, Adam Wainwright agree to one-year deal for 2019.........Good luck on making it the season.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Kershaw knocked out in 4IP. Holy shit. Again? :lol:

Didi Gregorious to have TJ surgery.

MFY will try to trade Sonny Gray this winter.

I just thought of something. For the upcoming Verlander @ Sale matchup, does anyone think Boston wishes they still had Fat Panda? He lit him up. Twice.

I’ve always kinda been a Verlander fanboy and it still blows my mind he got beat by Barry Zito. No one saw that coming.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

This Replay Review sponsored by Mitel! I will never like replay. Never have never will, always lived and played by you win some you lose some.

killeverything wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:03 pm Kershaw knocked out in 4IP. Holy shit. Again? :lol:

Didi Gregorious to have TJ surgery.

MFY will try to trade Sonny Gray this winter.

I just thought of something. For the upcoming Verlander @ Sale matchup, does anyone think Boston wishes they still had Fat Panda? He lit him up. Twice.

I’ve always kinda been a Verlander fanboy and it still blows my mind he got beat by Barry Zito. No one saw that coming.
Verlande a douche who drinks chocolate milk with a straw, I bet Kate gives him the strapon! Barry Zito was part of that A's staff who had a monster year then Zito went bipolar and someone ate the contract? Wasn't Hudson the only one to be the man and earn his? I think the Giants tried or wanted all 3....I remember Hudson. Zito had a bright future and was all the talk for an off season signing but had mental issues or something they couldn't figure out...VD? Every other game chlamydia discharge.

I'd love to see Fat Panda launch one out off Verlander then waddle around the bases.....As long as he don't trip over 2nd?

Told ya a season or two while talking about the King, Clayton was up there at the same time as not being the same pitcher......
Unless he gets healthy and some speed back Kershaw will drop, his fast ball is like 92mph and why I figure he'd be better coming off the bench in the near future. Game 1 on the road, he's too competitive too mental and lost his zip for that.
It was a great call to have him start #2 in the NLDS but 2-SO's vs the Braves showed he's has to change his game....Fucking catcher interference and all the other shit you could tell was flustering him. His facial expressions told me he was about to get KO'ed. He still got rocked and worked out of jams but they can't fix his head or back...If he was less competitive he'd actually be a better pitcher at this age...That's hard to say. Picture Puig with his work ethic and attitude.

When is Roberts going to learn NEVER send Puig to the plate with 2 outs in a pressure situation.....Bitch has always looked scared and free swings. Brewers look great tho, they should have won that game by more....4 errors, 5 down and came back to make it fun to watch. I really think they needed this one and didn't want Kershaw to start but that tie breaker set the rotation in motion.
What can you say the Brewers are fucking hot. They'll have a better shot at making the WS worth watching and I'd rather not watch LAD lose it again which is exactly what will happen if they go so I'm just about hoping the brew cRu win.

Just got my LA Division Champs hat today, for kicks I'm thinking about sending it back! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!

6 in a ROW nothing to SHOW!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:09 pm This Replay Review sponsored by Mitel! I will never like replay. Never have never will, always lived and played by you win some you lose some.
Fair enough, but with guys like Angel Hernandez and CB Bucknor you need replay.

Verlande a douche who drinks chocolate milk with a straw, I bet Kate gives him the strapon! Barry Zito was part of that A's staff who had a monster year then Zito went bipolar and someone ate the contract? Wasn't Hudson the only one to be the man and earn his? I think the Giants tried or wanted all 3....I remember Hudson. Zito had a bright future and was all the talk for an off season signing but had mental issues or something they couldn't figure out...VD? Every other game chlamydia discharge.[/quote]

I thought the signing was ridiculous $$$, but also thought Zito’s curveball would do pretty well in the NL. He was off the playoff roster in 2010 and somehow got the job done twice in 2012.

I always thought Tim Hudson was the best of the Big 3.

Told ya a season or two while talking about the King, Clayton was up there at the same time as not being the same pitcher......
Unless he gets healthy and some speed back Kershaw will drop, his fast ball is like 92mph and why I figure he'd be better coming off the bench in the near future. Game 1 on the road, he's too competitive too mental and lost his zip for that.
It was a great call to have him start #2 in the NLDS but 2-SO's vs the Braves showed he's has to change his game....Fucking catcher interference and all the other shit you could tell was flustering him. His facial expressions told me he was about to get KO'ed. He still got rocked and worked out of jams but they can't fix his head or back...If he was less competitive he'd actually be a better pitcher at this age...That's hard to say. Picture Puig with his work ethic and attitude.
I couldn’t watch the game but weren’t they saying Kershaw couldn’t get his slider working? Blows my mind. That guy is one of the greatest pitchers of alltime, but has this rep now.

I will always be pissed at Seattle for wasting the King’s prime.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:03 pm Kershaw knocked out in 4IP. Holy shit. Again? :lol:

AGAIN?
One week ago..........8.0ip 2H 0BB 0ER in 85 pitches, could have had a complete game shut out. FO FO FO!
bane

Post by bane »

After taking two afternoons off last week to watch the ALDS, I can commmiserate with Bregman’s comment about the champs playing in prime time. Fuck the East Coast bias. The Astros are going to kick your ass regardless. Nice job by the Astros tonight. Not a lot of hits but tons of base runners. Good to see Correa come thru in a clutch situation. Good game all around but if Correa is back, the Astros are golden. Also- glad to see LA cool off the Brewers a bit. I expect Houston to beat Boston. Would rather not have them run into a red hot Milwaukee. Hopefully the NL beats up on each other a bit.
Last edited by bane on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Just give the trophy to the Stro's now, a sloppy game but the 9th made me sick with what will become of every game in the ALCS and WS.

I think it was Reddick's HR to center? Holy fuck was that wasn't a baseball it was a super ball. A smooth swing like that 400+ to center is amazing, turning over the wrists on the barrel or not was a blast.

I was hoping someone would take them out but after last night and what they did to Cleveland just end the season now because the WS will be an ugly sweep or close to it. The Brewers might have the best shot to win a game or two.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:37 pm After taking two afternoons off last week to watch the ALDS, I can commmiserate with Bregman ‘s comment about the champs playing in prime time. Fuck the East Coast bias. The Astros are going to kick your ass regardless. Nice job by the Astros tonight. Good to seeCorrea come thru in a clutch situation. Good game all around but if Correa is back, the Astros are golden.
Might as well get a pineapple haircut or become a Bergman Bagwell chest pumper. I didn't think I'd miss Cub Fans but that bandwagon left town. I hope it's Milwaukee for ratings. That new MLB commercial "Let the boys be boy's" sums up how everyone is a Hair Flipper now.

Could be worse, could be NYY...........
bane

Post by bane »

Bandwagon? I’ve lived in Houston since 1986 and been an Astro fan since I saw Mike Scott no hit the Giants. Lots of bad years where they were tough to watch. Luckily a lot of the bad years coincided with them not having a TV deal where I could catch the games much but seeing this version has been a lot of fun since they turned the corner in 2015. Last year was incredible. This year’s team is probably better. These guys are good. Really good. You can call me an obnoxious fan if you want. I’ll take that, but I’m definitely not a band wagoner. I endured too many years of bad Astros teams for that.
bane

Post by bane »

UtahRatt wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:02 pm The Brewers might have the best shot to win a game or two.
Milwaukee is scary good. I don’t know if that pen can hold up all the way through though. Those arms are bound to get tired.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:35 am Bandwagon? I’ve lived in Houston since 1986 and been an Astro fan since I saw Mike Scott no hit the Giants. Lots of bad years where they were tough to watch. Luckily a lot of the bad years coincided with them not having a TV deal where I could catch the games much but seeing this version has been a lot of fun since they turned the corner in 2015. Last year was incredible. This year’s team is probably better. These guys are good. Really good. You can call me an obnoxious fan if you want. I’ll take that, but I’m definitely not a band wagoner.
What are you babbling about I stopped at bandwagon?

UtahRatt wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:06 amI didn't think I'd miss Cub Fans but that bandwagon left town.
What's that quote have to do with all the hookers in Bissonnett.

CUB, CUB key words CUB FANS!

CUBS FANS came out of the woodwork in 2016 like cockroaches and sold more jersey's then Hilfiger sold shirts but after winning a Ring they vanished. Then getting stomped in the 2017 NLCS and choking VS the Brewers and Rockies the Bandwagon left town.
I have friends in Houston yet I still don't think I know an Asstroho's fan, I've seen a couple Houston Tide Jersey's around that look like the type who also wear Ed Hardy attire but that's about it. I don't see Houston as a bandwagon team I know more who don't like um.

No question they're a great team cheers, enjoy the Rings! That said I'm a full on hater and think their players are a bunch of arrogant tools. I paid a voodoo priestess from Haiti $100 to flair up Gerrit Cole's Herpes before game time if that tells you where I stand.

I still hate the Yankees the most......And the Giants.......Oh and Boston blows not to mention THE CUBS totally suck, D-Backs, Padres and maybe the Braves and pretty much the DH and all AL Teams including the ones from Texas...With exception of Seattle, Cleveland the A's and Rockies.

Oh and I'm not serious.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 am
UtahRatt wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:02 pm The Brewers might have the best shot to win a game or two.
Milwaukee is scary good. I don’t know if that pen can hold up all the way through though. Those arms are bound to get tired.
I'm not buying into that pen over a long series let alone vs the Stro's or Sox's bats. I get it's giving batters a different look plus they're good arms but if a team can start taxing them early the Brewers will have problems.

Their SP has been good I'd thought Counsell would have left them as long as he can, it's like when ANY pitcher gets runners on he's on the phone.

Not sure if he's trying to replay the Royals run a few years ago.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

GO BOSTON! When that first inning didn't blow open I thought they might lose with Price shaking as he took the mound.

Chris Sales is spending Sunday night at Mass General for a stomach illness so far it is nothing serious and should make the trip to Houston to that cutt up park that looks like when it was built they was missing some LEGO Blocks. Do they still have that animal poop hill in center? Isn't 300' in left? I could hit that!

It's not suppose to be reviewable but Mitel will bring it to you anyway.....Wished he'd got a hit after that, the Umps ever explain the foul tip replay that wasn't supposed to be reviewable? It kills me MLB turned replay into Ad dollars...I'm trying to come up with a better sponsor for replay time wasted or possibly make it a drinking game.

Could be me but the umps suck, the NL zone was expanded low and wide like my EX and inconstant in the others.

The curse I put on Gerrit Cole worked but with the loss getting 6ip didn't burn up a lot of pitch count arms from the pen. Could help if by luck it goes deep.

If Altuve stance was a little more active I'd call him Sheffield.

If they gave Price a Valium or a Xanax would it be breaking the league substance abuse policy?

Sunday was Price's first 'team win' as a postseason starter in his 11 years with Tampa Bay, Detroit, Toronto and Boston had all gone 0-10 in the 10 postseason games Price has started.....Man that's got to factor in a contract restructure.

Maldonado is gonna have to ice his sack after all those breaking balls....They call um breaking balls for a reason.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

GOOOOO SOX's! It's a good thing I'm not a betting man this is good series I bet the Stro's go off next game. It's their time now.

Yup he did it again! 7IP 3H 1ER 9SO, even pitched out of a bases loaded and a two on jam.... 8)

8 shutout innings in game 1 of the DS, 1ER 9SO 7IP in game 5...............EAT SHIT EVERYONE! A BIG BOWL OF SHIT! He's human who's been over used and his playoff stats are a tad misleading but to say he's a PRICE is insulting. If you watched every pitch and looked at how he's been used, he's been good to great to a little bit of shit...Human. Take away one bad called pitch and half his shit goes away so I'm giving free big bowl of SHIT to everyone! Ya he can blow a game, don't start him game 1 and on the road please but he's pitched a lot of good innings, saves on short rest, 4 shut out innings out of the pen in game 7 of the WS and ONE stupid called Curve to lose a CS.

Forgive me I'm in a mood and honestly hate everyone right now but that's besides the point....I really don't want to see LAD get spanked in the WS and think the Brewers are 100% in this series and would be a better match in the WS, I bet money it goes 7 but this win was needed more for LA than the Brew's.

Good thing I'm not a betting man, after spanking the Tribe I figured the AssStrhoos was going to roll the Sox and I thought the Brewers would be up on LA and eventually win, both have been great series given I didn't think either would really be worth a gander.

FAN INTERFERENCE! :lol:

Manny Machado fined for running into Jesus Aguilar!
Really? Manny is a douche but big fucking deal, Aguilar was fucking lazy covering the bag then Machado did a moronic thing and dragged his leg....If Aguilar pulls off it never happens, if Manny wasn't a douche he might try to avoid it but a fine? In hockey it wouldn't be a replay...."MLB NETWORK" "He could have twisted Aguilars ankle or something!" Powder Puffs. Hey I hated 1B's men who covered 3/4 of the bag after the catch as well but....Golly!

Maybe we need to go to Mitel and replay it to make sure.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Chris Sale feeling better, but won't start Game 5 for Red Sox...........Bummer.

Sale threw in the outfield for 10-15 minutes before Game 4 in Houston but manager Alex Cora said he didn't throw a bullpen session as planned. David Price will start Thursday instead and Sale will be ready for Game 6, if necessary.

Sale's has an odd stomach sickness, this is Price's curse breaker?

If they lose Houston fans already blaming a best of seven loss on ump..........
If Boston wins this series, then Joe West is the MVP: Fans at center of controversial call tell all
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2501 ... ir-stories

Sure looked to me like Mookie had as shot till the fan closed his glove.