Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

SuperHero Movie 2008 - Just watched 10 minutes of this spoof, I must be the last one to have seen it....
I clicked over as Professor X is walking dragonflly boy around the school for the gifted and..."OMG is that?".."Yup, when he came to this school he was 130lbs" RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR! "back up off those pills Barry!"......Barry Cyclops!

Barry Bonds ain't no Superhero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OetmXfLz5JM

WOLF wrote:You guys want to read a great baseball book, and a comprehensive history of the Expos? It's as good as it gets, from a guy who knows baseball and grew up in Montreal as an Expos fan, and then an insider.
I'm going to order it, I read a seg where a writer gave it a lot of praise. I'm guessing this is the one....
Up, Up, and Away: The Kid, the Hawk, Rock, Vladi, Pedro, le Grand Orange, Youppi!, the Crazy Business of Baseball, and the Ill-fated but Unforgettable Montreal Expos
https://www.amazon.com/Up-Away-Business ... +the+Expos

That 94 season will always get me going...LAD grabbed the division and I can't imagine what would have happened if the Expos won the series. I think that's when they dumped Walker to the Rockies. The only good thing is I got to watch Walker jack a lot balls out of Coors Field. The Blake Street Bombers.... Walker, Dante Bichette, Vinny Castilla and former Expos Andres Galarraga. That line up was sick to watch in that park.

I think like most that Strike put me out of the game till the juiced HR race started picking up. I already had my experience with Roids and was playing with and around all that shit. All the assholes, fights, losing friends, teammates getting kicked out. Sour as fuck, every time I run across this discussion or read the name Selig I have to do yoga and go to a happy place. I can't look at the record books without getting tourette's

Was never a huge fan but I stopped watching basketball after the 1998–99 NBA lockout....Not a game since.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

UtahRatt wrote:SuperHero Movie 2008 - Just watched 10 minutes of this spoof, I must be the last one to have seen it....
I clicked over as Professor X is walking dragonflly boy around the school for the gifted and..."OMG is that?".."Yup, when he came to this school he was 130lbs" RAWRRRRRRRRRRRR! "back up off those pills Barry!"......Barry Cyclops!

Barry Bonds ain't no Superhero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OetmXfLz5JM

WOLF wrote:You guys want to read a great baseball book, and a comprehensive history of the Expos? It's as good as it gets, from a guy who knows baseball and grew up in Montreal as an Expos fan, and then an insider.
I'm going to order it, I read a seg where a writer gave it a lot of praise. I'm guessing this is the one....
Up, Up, and Away: The Kid, the Hawk, Rock, Vladi, Pedro, le Grand Orange, Youppi!, the Crazy Business of Baseball, and the Ill-fated but Unforgettable Montreal Expos
https://www.amazon.com/Up-Away-Business ... +the+Expos

That 94 season will always get me going...LAD grabbed the division and I can't imagine what would have happened if the Expos won the series. I think that's when they dumped Walker to the Rockies. The only good thing is I got to watch Walker jack a lot balls out of Coors Field. The Blake Street Bombers.... Walker, Dante Bichette, Vinny Castilla and former Expos Andres Galarraga. That line up was sick to watch in that park.

I think like most that Strike put me out of the game till the juiced HR race started picking up. I already had my experience with Roids and was playing with and around all that shit. All the assholes, fights, losing friends, teammates getting kicked out. Sour as fuck, every time I run across this discussion or read the name Selig I have to do yoga and go to a happy place. I can't look at the record books without getting tourette's

Was never a huge fan but I stopped watching basketball after the 1998–99 NBA lockout....Not a game since.
That Is the book I was referring to. It's a "must read" if you were an Expos fan, or are curious about the franchise.

Re Walker et al:

As soon as the 1994 walkout/strike was settled, Walker left the Expos as a free agent, as they could not afford him. Also, within 48 hours, Marquis Grissom, John Wetteland, and Ken Hill were traded.

That killed baseball in Montreal. Expos are finally poised to make the postseason again, and are odds on favorites to win, team is a perfect mix of young stars coming into their prime and stabilizing veterans, topped off by a revered manager, drawing 30,000 per game in a shit stadium. Strike ensues, playoffs cancelled, financial issues plaguing baseball (non level playing field) go unsettled, first week back Expos are gutted.

The above is what turned away the fans for the final time and precipitated the Expos' death. If the Expos had won the World Series, or even if the labor stoppage had resulted in meaningful revenue sharing, making having the season cancelled worth it, things would be different.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I read Walker is blaming Coors Field for holding him back from being a HOFer...........HUM.......
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

UtahRatt wrote:I read Walker is blaming Coors Field for holding him back from being a HOFer...........HUM.......
He was on the radio here talking about it.

Some voters have said his stats, and others', are inflated because they played at Coors Field, and for that reason they will not vote for him.

Walker said he can't understand why he's getting half the votes of people who cheated, when all he did was play in a major league ball park. He called Coors "his PED" in the eyes of the voters.

He's not that far off base. If you dig into his stats, he put up equal numbers at, and away from, Coors Field. His numbers are impressive over 17 seasons:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... la01.shtml

.313 avg/.400 OBP/.565 slugging
3000 hits and walks combined
200+ stolen bases
Nearly 400 homers
1300+ RBIs
1300+ runs
Played great defence - 7 gold gloves
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WOLF wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:I read Walker is blaming Coors Field for holding him back from being a HOFer...........HUM.......
He was on the radio here talking about it.

Some voters have said his stats, and others', are inflated because they played at Coors Field, and for that reason they will not vote for him.

Walker said he can't understand why he's getting half the votes of people who cheated, when all he did was play in a major league ball park. He called Coors "his PED" in the eyes of the voters.

He's not that far off base. If you dig into his stats, he put up equal numbers at, and away from, Coors Field. His numbers are impressive over 17 seasons:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... la01.shtml

.313 avg/.400 OBP/.565 slugging
3000 hits and walks combined
200+ stolen bases
Nearly 400 homers
1300+ RBIs
1300+ runs
Played great defence - 7 gold gloves
Voters who don't vote for him over ball park configuration is bullshit. Like left handed batters or all pull swingers who played on short porches or like George Brett said we adjust to our parks, it's how I did it.
So this means the Rockies will never have a player in the HOF, I don't think they do now. What else did Larry say, I didn't put needles in my ass but I'm being punished for playing in Denver? He was a great fielder and hitter, It's weak how a player needs fan push and a campaign to get votes.

Walker still holds some Rockies records even with Helton who pushed him out and spent his entire career there. If that holds Helton back I'll take a shit on their front steps.
It's wrong on so many levels, how about pitcher parks does this make Pedro Astacio look like a Martinez with his complete games in Denver.........Fuck this era of sabermetrics baseball analytics over statistical data and nitpicking with laser beams shit. Better adjust the entire NL West players taking out all Coors Field numbers.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Todd Frazier to Mets 2/17m.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:SF Giants to retire Barry Bonds number this summer.
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/barry-bon ... rgiveness/
And so it begins. :lol:

"Its meaningless without a huge plaque to Greg Anderson who choose jail over testifying about bonds cream and the clear performance enhancement"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:SF Giants to retire Barry Bonds number this summer.
https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/barry-bon ... rgiveness/
And so it begins. :lol:

"Its meaningless without a huge plaque to Greg Anderson who choose jail over testifying about bonds cream and the clear performance enhancement"
As ridiculous as the whole thing is, Bonds is basically the reason the team wasn't relocated. So I inderstand but don't agree with it.

Yu Darvish signs with Cubs 6/126m incentive-laden deal with an opt-out.

Jake Arrieta is still available with the Nats as potential suitors. Scherzer, Strasburg, Arrieta, and no Dusty Baker. :shock:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I'm guessing it has more to do with giving him a push into the HOF.
A special advisor to the franchise, retire number, statue......HOF.

I'll never come to terms with Bonds but I'm sure the up and coming voters in the Baseball world soon will. I'd rather see them spray paint 25 and put a helmet on the statue of "The Thinker" from Fine Arts Museum and put that into AT&T park.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:I'm guessing it has more to do with giving him a push into the HOF.
A special advisor to the franchise, retire number, statue......HOF.

I'll never come to terms with Bonds but I'm sure the up and coming voters in the Baseball world soon will. I'd rather see them spray paint 25 and put a helmet on the statue of "The Thinker" from Fine Arts Museum and put that into AT&T park.
Probably. The odds were huge SF was leaving if it wasn't for him. He brought the fans back. Clark was gone, Mitchell, Williams. Being from the bay, his dad a Giant, Willie Mays his Godfather I get it, but don't necessarily like it.

I just want an admission from the HOF steroid guys. Barry admitted to taking it "unknowingly" which is all we'll get. I want Clemens to admit what gis trainer, WIFE, and best friend already did.

If he did I would fly him to Cooperstown myself.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SD signs Eric Hosmer to 8 year deal ( 115m/incentives with 5 year opt out ). A 4bWAR player in his age 28 season going to an extreme hitters park? Good luck with that one Padres. Every year they do this. :lol:

At least the MLBPA's collusion threats over the lack of big contracts won't hold water over this one.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

J.D. Martinez signs 5-year $110 mil. deal with Boston. Red Sox get their big time slugger. Hope it works for 'em.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Does Hanley go into baby mode or does he get traded?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Yu Darvish signs with Cubs 6/126m incentive-laden deal with an opt-out.
I hope he still tips his pitches. It wasn't enough taking Brandon Morrow from LAD. Marrow will be a bigger help for the CUBS SUCK team.

I said before game 7 if they start Darvish they will play from behind and lose. I was wishing for Alex Wood to hand off to Clayton...CUBS will be interesting again.

I'm finished, my NHL team is in a Rebuild, my NFL team is moving and to my most hated city and I'd bet money LAD will start a down slide. They should have kept Marrow because they won't get lucky with the bats and the OF this season. Clayton's back is worse each year, I said it seasons ago, he went one more then I thought before missing games. It's all down hill....I'm done. Time to start watching golf.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I dunno. They've still got MFY/Boston money and Zaidi and Friedman at the helm. I wouldn't count them out as much as it would be nice.

The game 7 Darvish was a rarity. If he wasn't tipping I think LAD could have won it. No disrespect to Houston, but he's still an ace.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:I dunno. They've still got MFY/Boston money and Zaidi and Friedman at the helm. I wouldn't count them out as much as it would be nice.

The game 7 Darvish was a rarity. If he wasn't tipping I think LAD could have won it. No disrespect to Houston, but he's still an ace.
LAD lost their shot, I told my local Dodger fan if they start Darvish he'll get hammered, the team will lose all momentum and not hit in the clutch or recover from falling behind early. They was exhausted and needed a pitching boost early. You've played and know momentum.
I went into detail how Cody hit a Rookie slump and the other key hitters needed it close in order to take the lead or pick up a clutch hit to win that game 7. So I screamed all day.....Start Alex and hand it off to Clayton. My buddy actually gave me prop's how lucky I called it down to a tee, he was a Darvish fan, I said he may be good but after watching his last outing Houston will take him out inside of 2IP...Again.

Either way LAD had their chance and wont get it again, losing Brandon and Darvish took away their best RP and whatever Darvish brings. LAD could use a SP but Morrow was a huge KEY neither of which the Dodgers have addressed so far. I'm guessing they'll try to slug it out till the break which tells me they're willing to risk this season to finally bring down the cap........Now both players are with the CubCakes filling in the pitching holes they desperately needed. I still say Morrow will be a major player in Chicago but we shall see.

Game 7 tipping pitches screwed the pooch and how LAD didn't notice, expect a different result or see he was going to get thrashed AGAIN I'll never know...This season LAD will be weaker as several teams in both leagues and the NL West got stronger.

BTW, if anyone wants LAD NL Participation Trophy Champ Hats PM me! I'm not kidding! :D

-------------------------------------------

The Dodgers have money but they've been suffering from all those stupid contracts before Zaidi and Friedman showed up. They've been trying to cut salary and win with their hands tied. Over the next 1 to 2 seasons most of that stupid Kemp, Ethier and countless stupid contracts to players who haven't played with them in years will be off the books then they'll be able to go out and fill in holes without spending a billion and banking on the Rookie's.

Look at their roster $$$ and look at the players on the field, 4+ years most of their billion dollar team wasn't playing or even on the team. It was stupid before Friedman took over.

The NL WEST will be harder to win this season.......5 straight NL West titles is sweet but who will remember that shit compared to one game 7. I'm curious to see how the Giants will do, did they fill all the wrong holes? I've never thought the Rockies could put back to back seasons together with their management.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I disagree. They're too loaded to not have another shot, but it would be awesome if they did :lol:

Ichiro is finalizing a one year deal to return to Seattle. I like this. I would like to see him one more time in Safeco. I think if King and Paxton stay healthy Seattle could surprise a lot of people.

I say that a lot, but I think it could finally happen.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Going by the last couple years, Felix and Paxton seem incapable of staying off the DL.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:I disagree. They're too loaded to not have another shot, but it would be awesome if they did :lol:

Ichiro is finalizing a one year deal to return to Seattle. I like this. I would like to see him one more time in Safeco. I think if King and Paxton stay healthy Seattle could surprise a lot of people.

Ichiro!
If I can possibly break away for a series I'm going to do it. I think the last time I was in Safeco was Y2k vs LAD just after it was built and a year before his rookie...The house that Ichiro built? It's insane to think he's still going at 44yo and I couldn't make a throw to 1st. Now I'm thinking of them mid 90's teams....The good ole days every other season. Buhner, Buhner, Buhner.....Buhner...Jay Buhner??

Like Clayton I think The King's best days are over, even when healthy they'll decline. I'd love to see the M's make some noise but they wont, they'll tease the fans just enough to fold at some point. I've always felt like Seattle baseball is cursed, like that early 2000 team when they had a record season and blew it........Or even before that when they was loaded and still couldn't win. They're like the AL CUBS with a laid back fan base.

------

Funny right after my LAD $$$ rant I ran across the story how they was paying Carl Crawford 22m just to sit home and collect checks, his agent called up with offers from other teams but knew the answer already "Na the check comes every week I'm just fine sitting home!"
At the same time there was shit like A-Gon collecting 22m from the DL even going on vacation to Italy and LAD was STILL sending Kemp money last season.....So I don't see them as loaded, they're younger and weaker with question marks. They should be able to compete for the West but not much more.....I wont be surprised if they stumble.
I still feel like the Dodgers are playing for next season already, it's all about the break and if they're in the running. If not they'll ride it out to finally slash payroll without filling in the holes. Pitching is going to be a problem, HR's and hitting will be down.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:I disagree. They're too loaded to not have another shot, but it would be awesome if they did :lol:

Ichiro!
If I can possibly break away for a series I'm going to do it. I think the last time I was in Safeco was Y2k vs LAD just after it was built and a year before his rookie...The house that Ichiro built? It's insane to think he's still going at 44yo and I couldn't make a throw to 1st. Now I'm thinking of them mid 90's teams....The good ole days every other season. Buhner, Buhner, Buhner.....Buhner...Jay Buhner??

Like Clayton I think The King's best days are over, even when healthy they'll decline. I'd love to see the M's make some noise but they wont, they'll tease the fans just enough to fold at some point. I've always felt like Seattle baseball is cursed, like that early 2000 team when they had a record season and blew it........Or even before that when they was loaded and still couldn't win. They're like the AL CUBS with a laid back fan base.

------

Funny right after my LAD $$$ rant I ran across the story how they was paying Carl Crawford 22m just to sit home and collect checks, his agent called up with offers from other teams but knew the answer already "Na the check comes every week I'm just fine sitting home!"
At the same time there was shit like A-Gon collecting 22m from the DL even going on vacation to Italy and LAD was STILL sending Kemp money last season.....So I don't see them as loaded, they're younger and weaker with question marks. They should be able to compete for the West but not much more.....I wont be surprised if they stumble.
I still feel like the Dodgers are playing for next season already, it's all about the break and if they're in the running. If not they'll ride it out to finally slash payroll without filling in the holes. Pitching is going to be a problem, HR's and hitting will be down.
I think the King can still be effective. His best days are over, but I think using Kershaw as comparison was funny. Kershaw's peak was in the top 10 ( possibly top 5 ) in history :lol: I believe that with his control, changeup, and knowledge he can still he pretty good, although no linger a #1. I'm a pretty big King fanboy though, so.

The problems with Seattle ( late 90s teams excluded. I don't know what the fuck happened there ) has been the coaching and player development. I like how the org is looking finally. I bought the Zduriencik ( I even know how to spell his stupid name ) philosophy hook, line, and sinker. I'm thinking they compete for the WC.

Csrlos Gonzalez that turned down Colorado's 4 year deal offer to bet on himself, signs a one year deal with the Rockies.

Tim Lincecum is in the Rangers camp on a one year incentive-laden deal. He's wearing #44 to honor his late brother. He was offered a major league deal with LAD, but turned them down saying "it would be against my heart to sign there." Wow.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Lincecum saying no to the Dodgers just wiped away his final ineffective years from the memory banks of Giants fans
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Jake Arrieta signs with Phillies for 3/75m ( guaranteed mimimum.

Jonathan Lucroy 1 year deal with Oakland.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Alex Cobb signs 4/60m-ish deal with Baltimore.

Justin Turner likely out until May after HBP and breaking his wrist.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Madison Bumgarner HBP. Fractures left wrist. Wxpected to miss 6-8 weeks.

Jeff Samardzia starting season on DL with pectoral strain. Expected to miss a month.

Ichiro struck in head by pitch. Being evaluated.

30 year old Clayton Kershaw ends ST with a 0.00ERA....holy shit.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Nothing I have seen over the last three years makes me believe the Giants can survive without Bumgarner for 2 months. Not that they were even title contenders anyway. Gonna be a long summer.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAPoet wrote:Nothing I have seen over the last three years makes me believe the Giants can survive without Bumgarner for 2 months. Not that they were even title contenders anyway. Gonna be a long summer.
They're fucked. Their season was dependent on starting hot since their schedule was so brutal. A bunch against LAD, AZ, and COL.
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

I like Cardinals. But Matheny is sucking.
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

Sold out home opener in STL against D-Backs. They camped out for tickets last night. Clydesdales and beer wagon plus the Hall of Famers on parade. We got it on FSMWHD.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pablo Sandoval makes his first career pitching appearance and tosses a perfect 9th inning, inducing three groundouts on 11 pitches VS THE DODGERS!......FU KILL.............Dodgers 15 Giants 6

Panda laying down LAD...Did you see the dugout chuckling?

Just a few old quotes..............
killeverything wrote:Yu Darvish signs with Cubs 6/126m incentive-laden deal with an opt-out.
killeverything wrote:I disagree. "LAD" They're too loaded to not have another shot, but it would be awesome if they did :lol:
More mixed old quotes.
UtahRatt wrote: Marrow will be a bigger help for the CUBS SUCK "than Darvish."

I still say Morrow will be a major player in Chicago but we shall see.

LAD had their chance and wont get it again.

LAD lost their shot I'd bet money LAD will start a down slide. They should have kept Marrow because they won't get lucky with the bats and the OF this season.

The Dodgers will try to slug it out till the break which tells me they're willing to risk this season to finally bring down the cap.

The NL WEST will be harder to win this season
It looks like the Giants and Dodgers have ended their run........Time to move over.

Morrow, B 0.00 ERA 10G 9.0IP 3BB 9SO .194AVG 1.00WHIP

Darvish, Y 0W 2L 5.26ERA 5GS 25.2IP 24H 3HR

I didn't think they'd make Marrow the closer but it's working. Personally I think he'd be better used as a middle RP, he can toss some quality innings.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

You might not be wrong, mang.

Corey Seager out for the year with Tommy John.