Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by LAPoet »

If it wasn't for that contract, Mariners would have cut bait last year.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

LAPoet wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 am If it wasn't for that contract, Mariners would have cut bait last year.
I doubt it. For close to 5 years, the King was the only thing that brought fans to that park.

Servais taking over as GM as well Nintendo loosening the reins have turned then around. It just sucks King’s peak was for nothing.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

killeverything wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:56 pm
LAPoet wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 am If it wasn't for that contract, Mariners would have cut bait last year.
I doubt it. For close to 5 years, the King was the only thing that brought fans to that park.

Servais taking over as GM as well Nintendo loosening the reins have turned then around. It just sucks King’s peak was for nothing.
He seems to be in denial that his skills have eroded. He had a great run.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Ronald Acuña Jr. is an absolute beast. That is all.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAPoet wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:43 pm
killeverything wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:56 pm

He seems to be in denial that his skills have eroded. He had a great run.
I still think he could be effective. Not an ace, but he seems smart enough to learn how to adapt. I’m rooting for the dude. I’ve always been such a fan.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:55 pm Ronald Acuña Jr. is an absolute beast. That is all.
No shit, he’s on fire.

You would think my fantasy team would be good too, but nope. The curse of PKOS lives on.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:41 am How about those A's?
They are playing out of their minds right now. I still think Houston is the team to beat. The Astros are all injured and I think them basically being a AAA team has contributed to Oakland’s rise in the standings.

Paxton is still on the 10 DL, but Seattle isn’t going away either. Diaz is having a historic season as a closer.

Chris Sale on 10 day DL with shoulder inflammation.

Yu Darvish exits rehab start after 1 inning.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SF trades Andrew McCutchen + $ to MFY for prospects 2B Avital Avelino and RHP Juan De Paula.

Brewers get Gio Gonzalez from Nats.

Josh Donaldson is with the Cleveland Indiands.

Curtis Granderson traded to Brewers.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Angels FO recommends Tommy John surgery for Ohtani.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:05 am
killeverything wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:36 pm Angels FO recommends Tommy John surgery for Ohtani.
Then he goes 4-for-4 with 2 home runs! :shock:
:lol: He’s going to continue the season as just a hitter and then decide if he’s going to have TJ surgery afterwards.

The guy is a phenomenal talent though.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

The A's are making the AL enjoyable I'd kill to see um in the post and take out the East, they'll probably go home after the ONE-AND-OUT-WC-Game but if they did take down the East.....I'd change my colors and raise a green flag.

The King could be very effective out of the pen if he wants too bee, it would be sweater if the team got HIM to October to do it. I compared him to Kershaw as starters with injuries I'd like in the pen to extend their careers rather than leave town or retire. Don't wanna see either in another uni.

Speaking of the King and losing heat......It reminds how Maddux painted the zone to the Hall.

The NL West is awesome even if the Giants got swept by the Rock's, they'll save it to beat up LAD at home, LAD cant win in the bay...Unless it's in OAKLAND! Still sticking with AZ but it's anyone's to lose. Ya I want the Dodgers to bump the division record to "6 in a row" but wouldn't mind seeing the Rockies win the division for the first time in history either....They're hungry for this one and deserve it.

If the Rockies had just one arm in the pen they'd be dangerous, two would be scary.

Still say the NL don't have a WS win chance in hell no matter who represents.

2018 on pace to be the worst MLB batting AVG since 1972? I thought the MLB was using red dot's since last October? Hot balls? Haven't checked slugging but it seems higher.

-------------------

Darvish for the Cubs in the first of a six-year $126 million contract....1-3 with a 4.95 ERA, -0.1WAR :D

HAR HAR.....

----------------------

Kill.............Are you really saying Houston out of superstition voodoo not to jinx the B-SOX's? Come on......... :wink:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nope. I still think the Astros are the team to beat, they are solid all the way through. Boston has played great because their offense is powerful, but I think their pen will do them in in the playoffs, Sale makes me think of Kershaw in the postseason, and Price is Price.

There are too many pitching question marks in the East for me to favor either Boston or the MFY.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The B's and Stro's would be a basketball match but I'm not one to favor repeats so I'm going with the Sox's while pulling for the Tribe, I think they could come together and do it.

They're very similar.
I dig Sale's and like Kershaw their weakness is what they do best, SO's.....Kershaw admits it's a flaw he can't help which leads to those game changing pitches at the worst time. When Kershaw came out of the pen to blank the Stor's for 4ip is how they should approach each start instead of trying to Nolan Rydown everyone....You don't have to SO every fucking batter!

Calling it now, the Giant's KO LAD out of the post because they can't win @ Balco which would awesome for the Rockies at a minus point differential winning the division. The West is borderline mediocre but great to watch....AZ seems to be choking, the Rock's are fighting and LA does just enough to hang on....My only wish would be to have the Giants in the mix.

Who's contract is blowing up SF? Cueto?

Now I get to cap on salary!
1 Giants $221,426,944
2 Red Sox $206,247,686
3 Cubs $181,810,002
4 Nationals $180,193,628
5 Mets $172,761,459
6 Astros $172,038,900
7 Angels $171,248,332
8 Mariners $165,303,943
9 Blue Jays $164,122,200
10 Yankees $161,305,917
11 Dodgers $157,496,785
23 Brewers $90,827,856
27 Braves $83,306,041
30 Athletics $62,652,500
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

They made a lot of dumb signings lately. I’m one of those that believes in pitching over anything, so I would do the Cueto, Melancon, Schmardzwhatever again. They were just plagued by injuries.

I think the GM Evans is gone after this season. Too many fuckups.

Sean Manea to miss 2019 season with shoulder surgery. Helluva blow for Oakland.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Took me a sec to realize this is page 400! Funny logging on and reading about the 08 Gold glovers on page one
killeverything wrote: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:44 pm Here is the complete list of Gold Glove winners, my apologies for not posting it earlier.

Can't really argue about any of them. Moose especially. While it's hysterical the MFY missed the playoffs, he certainly had a monsterous year. Humph, and I thought he was done.

P - MIKE MUSSINA - YANKEES
C - JOE MAUER - TWINS
1ST - CARLOS PENA - RAYS
2ND - DUSTIN PEDROIA - RED SOX
3RD - ADRIAN BELTRE - MARINERS
SS - MICHAEL YOUNG - RANGERS
OF - TORII HUNTER - ANGELS
OF - GRADY SIZEMORE - INDIANS
OF - ICHIRO SUZUKI - MARINERS

Here is the list for the NL

P - GREG MADDUX - DODGERS
C - YADIER MOLINA - CARDINALS
1ST - ADRIAN GONZALEZ - PADRES
2ND - BRANDON PHILLIPS - REDS
3RD - DAVID WRIGHT - METS
SS - JIMMY ROLLINS - PHILLIES
OF - NATE MCLOUTH - PIRATES
OF - CARLOS BELTRAN - METS
OF - SHANE VICTORINO - PHILLIES

Can't really argue anyone on that list either, especially Maddux. They're saying he is certain to retire.

ADRIAN BELTRE !
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bum looked good how they not play AZ the final month is beyond me. After getting swept last week it's nice to see the Giants blank the Rocks in the fist two of the set. If they sweep it's going to be spoiler LA @ SF mode to finish out.

Guess it's too late to say AZ isn't going to take the West, choke city. Now I think it will be the Rockies, just don't see LA finishing strong on the Road vs AZ and SF. They always seem to end the season on the road.....@ SF

Puigy 3HR's 7RBI's, 5HR in the last 2 games....Five homers and nine RBIs in his last nine at-bats.
They're one Kemp HR from having nine 20+ HR hitters. With Turner missing 50+ games and 4 more from Taylor they'd have 11 over the 20HR mark. It's odd coming from a pitching/defense history team. I'd rather have last years Pen back.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Astros clinch and the AL is decided. This NL finish is crazy.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I was wrong....AZ choked down the stretch and LAD actually won in SF......I knew AZ could choke but thought the West was weak enough and they was playing good enough that the D-Backs could actually win the division, how the wheels fell off I'll never know.

Hat's off to the The Rock's, they're hungry and I thought they'd win it as well....Oh so close. I would love to see them Spank the Cub's in the stupid ONE AND GO HOME game. Shame it's not @ Coor's field...Their only WS was as a WC....Hum.
"Note that of the seven previous teams to win a tiebreaker game in the wild-card era, only the 2007 Rockies reached the World Series."

GO Brewers! I didn't imagine them catching and taking down the Cub's. My new favorite NL team. Can't wait to see their series. Right now I'd say they're the best the NL has to offer....As a sacrifice to any of the Big 3 AL teams. What's wrong with the CUBS? They loaded a roster full of Cash but now they're back to being the Cub's again, since that LAD 4-1 spanking in last years NLCS? 200so ROY king Kris Bryant and all those pitchers? Darvish?
What happened to all the CUBS fans?

Dodgers! Extend the NL West division record to 6 in a row! I'm happy they did it again and finally dropped salary in the process. Sucks they dump their Pen or they'd still be a strong team. Walker Buehler!

GO TRIBE! Indians vs Brewers!..................Boston vs whoever is more like it. Not big on the Stro's repeat....Back to back. They'll probably do it but I'm playing superstitious.

Is there ONE poster here who thinks the NL has a chance in hell to win the WS?
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

UtahRatt wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 am I was wrong....AZ choked down the stretch and LAD actually won in SF......I knew AZ could choke but thought the West was weak enough and they was playing good enough that the D-Backs could actually win the division, how the wheels fell off I'll never know.

Hat's off to the The Rock's, they're hungry and I thought they'd win it as well....Oh so close. I would love to see them Spank the Cub's in the stupid ONE AND GO HOME game. Shame it's not @ Coor's field...Their only WS was as a WC....Hum.
"Note that of the seven previous teams to win a tiebreaker game in the wild-card era, only the 2007 Rockies reached the World Series."

GO Brewers! I didn't imagine them catching and taking down the Cub's. My new favorite NL team. Can't wait to see their series. Right now I'd say they're the best the NL has to offer....As a sacrifice to any of the Big 3 AL teams. What's wrong with the CUBS? They loaded a roster full of Cash but now they're back to being the Cub's again, since that LAD 4-1 spanking in last years NLCS? 200so ROY king Kris Bryant and all those pitchers? Darvish?
What happened to all the CUBS fans?

Dodgers! Extend the NL West division record to 6 in a row! I'm happy they did it again and finally dropped salary in the process. Sucks they dump their Pen or they'd still be a strong team. Walker Buehler!

GO TRIBE! Indians vs Brewers!..................Boston vs whoever is more like it. Not big on the Stro's repeat....Back to back. They'll probably do it but I'm playing superstitious.

Is there ONE poster here who thinks the NL has a chance in hell to win the WS?
I just want to see my Braves make it back to the WS. We've got Acuna, Albies, and Freeman, so hopefully they can lead us back to the top of the mountain. If not us, then I'd like the Cubs or Dodgers to win it, though part of me really wants to see the Cubbies win another one for Harry. Of course, that's only if my Braves can't pull it off...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I still think Houston is the team to beat. My opinions on the MFY and Boston haven’t changed. I don’t trust the Red Sox bullpen or the MFY’s rotation.

As for the NL, I’m really pulling for Milwaukie. They’ve been fun.

I hope to see an Astros/Brewers WS. I know repeating is difficult, but fuck Houston is good.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:56 amI just want to see my Braves make it back to the WS. We've got Acuna, Albies, and Freeman, so hopefully they can lead us back to the top of the mountain. If not us, then I'd like the Cubs or Dodgers to win it, though part of me really wants to see the Cubbies win another one for Harry. Of course, that's only if my Braves can't pull it off...

The Braves are a surprise I don't know how to rate but think they're a year and a player or two out. I like seeing them back in the mix even tho they're a team I despise, with much respect that is. Man I loved watching those great 90's+ teams but fuck I'm going to hate hearing that chant again...Wait are they still doing that shit? #BravesChantOffensive!

Should be a good series vs LAD, I'm not big on my team and thanks to the tiebreaker they're starting Ryu for game 1.

I really hate the WC and tie breaking format. I'd rather see it like football, division breaker goes to the head to head or something else not to add another game at the end and fuck up the pitching order like the WC game does.

The Rocks n Cubs have tie breakers then a WC then get to jump into the Divisional...That's some burned up arms. Not to mention this Rock's n Cub's are in extras. I'd call it a great game but at 1 each for these teams I'm bored. Freeland was great and Lester was painting the expanded zone all day.

AND THE ROCKIES WIN, ROCKIES WIN!

Cubs suck! :cry:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:33 pm I still think Houston is the team to beat. My opinions on the MFY and Boston haven’t changed. I don’t trust the Red Sox bullpen or the MFY’s rotation.

I hope to see an Astros/Brewers WS. I know repeating is difficult, but fuck Houston is good.
Houston will destroy anyone in the NL right now. Some AL team has to take them down and I think Cleveland or Boston could do it. I think anyone in the AL even the MFY could take on the best of the NL. The Stro's and Brew's would be a good series but if the Astros make the WS they're destroying it. I'd love to see the Tribe win it, they should have beat the Cubs and I hope this is their payback year.

Indians vs Brewers

-------------------------------------------------------------

After the game on ESPN E:60 was on Sammy Sosa....I remember like it was yesterday Corky and Rafael at the congressional hearings but man Sammy has turned white! Guess it's a big deal that he's pale complected now.

E:60, did you ever use performance enhancing drugs..."I never tested positive"....But did you take them? "I never tested positive"! Anyone who's watched that knows Sammy was beating around the bush and took roids.......Big Mac it up, ADMIT IT! Sammy, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

He hasn't been back to Wrigley since 04, Chicago said they'd invite him if he agreed to put everything on the table about PED's.......Much respect to the Cub's for that....Again, once Selig sneaked in, then people want Clemens along with so many other greats where does that line in the sand ever get drawn. Sammy's done more then enough and was the 2nd biggest embarrassment next to ARoid....Someday they'll start entering the hall I'm sure but it will always bother me.

The HOF has went off radar anyway, it's not as holy as it once was. It's turning into the NFL HOF.

66, 70+ HR's..........Come on....... :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:33 pm
killeverything wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:33 pm I still think Houston is the team to beat. My opinions on the MFY and Boston haven’t changed. I don’t trust the Red Sox bullpen or the MFY’s rotation.

Houston will destroy anyone in the NL right now. Some AL team has to take them down and I think Cleveland or Boston could do it. I think anyone in the AL even the MFY could take on the best of the NL. The Stro's and Brew's would be a good series but if the Astros make the WS they're destroying it. I'd love to see the Tribe win it, they should have beat the Cubs and I hope this is their payback year.

Indians vs Brewers

-------------------------------------------------------------

After the game on ESPN E:60 was on Sammy Sosa....I remember like it was yesterday Corky and Rafael at the congressional hearings but man Sammy has turned white! Guess it's a big deal that he's pale complected now.

E:60, did you ever use performance enhancing drugs..."I never tested positive"....But did you take them? "I never tested positive"! Anyone who's watched that knows Sammy was beating around the bush and took roids.......Big Mac it up, ADMIT IT! Sammy, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

He hasn't been back to Wrigley since 04, Chicago said they'd invite him if he agreed to put everything on the table about PED's.......Much respect to the Cub's for that....Again, once Selig sneaked in, then people want Clemens along with so many other greats where does that line in the sand ever get drawn. Sammy's done more then enough and was the 2nd biggest embarrassment next to ARoid....Someday they'll start entering the hall I'm sure but it will always bother me.

The HOF has went off radar anyway, it's not as holy as it once was. It's turning into the NFL HOF.

66, 70+ HR's..........Come on....... :lol:
The Hall lost all appeal to me when after 20 years of denials Jack fucking Morris got in.

That guy? Get the fuck outta here.

Oakland is now 0-8 in WC elimination games. An MLB record.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Typical Braves choke job going on right now. Get it together, guys!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:14 pmOakland is now 0-8 in WC elimination games. An MLB record.
That kind of sucked, fantastic season A's now go home no one will remember it.....Someone mention the WC should be at least the best of 3. Baseball is a season long mad rush to the finish line.

The tie breaker followed by a WC is kind of brutal..
The Rockies for instance had 2 days off in September, every game counted, battled the tiebreaker a WC then two off days to face the Divisional all on the road.
Sun, Sep 30 @ Colorado
Mon, Oct 1 @ LA
Tue, Oct 2 @ Chicago
Thu, Oct 4 @ Milwaukee
Jet Lag....

----------------------------------------------

I have to hand it to Roberts for starting Ryu, he's been pitching well and tossed a good game but the Braves didn't show up. I bet they get 2HR's of Clayton and play better tomorrow.

PT - Who's going to catch all these games on Friday?
12:05 - Indians at Astros TBS
2:15 - Rockies at Brewers FS1
5:32 - Yankees at Red Sox TBS
7:37 - Braves at Dodgers FS1
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

And now, in typical Atlanta Braves fashion, we're blowing a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 5th. Great.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:02 pm And now, in typical Atlanta Braves fashion, we're blowing a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 5th. Great.

9th inning, runners on 2nd and 3rd, down one, 2outs, I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE SEEN ONE BOUNCE OFF THE WALL DURING THAT FUCKING CHANT!

I'd jumped out off the couch and AHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHH out the window. They're as bad CUBS** fans but with foam dildo hatches. CUBS** "Started the tossing HR balls back" and "Drunk slurrrin take me out to the ball game"

I knew the braves was going to uncork but how funny is it that ALEX WOOD got the loss? Honestly, good game Atlanta.....Thanks for sending over that Russian Sleeper Agent.

--------------------------------------------------------

History flashback 2013........
I still have a couple LA vs Braves 2013 Divisional hats and LA Mocking that chant to a 3-1 series win..Clayton pitched game 1 and 4, 13ip of 1ER ball, Greinke lost the only game in that series.

Oddly Alex Wood now with LAD came out of the pen for the Braves during that series.....3ip gave up 4 inherited runs on 3H in a couple appearances.

That was Mattingly riding Kershaw into the ground: 13 innings 1ER in the Divisional so he could shove him into the Card's twice for that one you're a loozer pitch game. Kershaw pitched game 2 vs Cards, 6ip 1ER 1L then road him again in game 6 4IP disaster. Hang the curve, hang the curve!

Kershaw's stats are screwed up because of Mattingly, 4 games back to back series, 3G 19IP 2ER 1W so he could Limp Wrist 1G 4IP 7ER....Marked forever......Tell me that's not fucked. NLDS - 2G 1ER 13IP 1W.....NLCS split: 6IP 1ER ND, 4IP 7ER 1L......
/ANGRYfanmodeoff.ex

---------------------------------------------------

I'm a Raider fan but liked the Falcons since grade school, even have pictures of William Andrews and Steve Bartkowski including the 1981 team photo then watched TBS and all those great 90's Braves teams but it didn't hit me till now why I currently hate the Braves...........My EX was from Atlanta, could name every player from the team and always talked about going to the old Launching Pad? YA, she's a ho!

ARGGGGGG, Rant off.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Not to mention..........Complaining before the game is even over!

Da Braves.

I hate u, I hate u, I hate u........They're going through a few arrm's but I'm guessing LAD will have to bullpen the next game till they get a starter back.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 pm Not to mention..........Complaining before the game is even over!

Da Braves.

I hate u, I hate u, I hate u........They're going through a few arrm's but I'm guessing LAD will have to bullpen the next game till they get a starter back.
The only team I see capable of stopping LAD is Milwaukie. Acuna Jr. is fun, but I don’t see Atlanta taking them down.

I also see the MFY, 2001ing the Red Sox. Price fucked them again and they have two games in NY now.

I wonder if Price signs with St. Louis when he opts out. That was his original intention until Dombrowski blew away their offer.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am
UtahRatt wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 pm Not to mention..........Complaining before the game is even over!

Da Braves.

The only team I see capable of stopping LAD is Milwaukie. Acuna Jr. is fun, but I don’t see Atlanta taking them down.

I also see the MFY, 2001ing the Red Sox. Price fucked them again and they have two games in NY now.

I wonder if Price signs with St. Louis when he opts out. That was his original intention until Dombrowski blew away their offer.

I didn't think Price was that mental, you mentioned the comparison which isn't close because Price has officially cracked. A lot of pitchers including Kershaw admittedly have a 1st and 2nd inning quirk yet after that he's pretty much in game. Watching Price breakdown in the post conference tells me he needs steroids, a psychiatrists, some med's or a burst of courage because he looked like a broke down crack ho, someone give that man some Tigers Blood! He's a better pitcher than that. Clayton pitches angry and tries to SO everyone that was the difference in his game 2 start vs the Braves....Ended with 2-SO? Price after the game looked like a guy who needed a hug......He's toast mentallly.

No way NY beats Boston...I wont let it happen. It can't fucking happen.....All that Boston and Giant's MONEY has to win something KILL! :oops:

The Sox's bats are going to blow up I'm rooting for um, they're the best shot at the Stro's, I'll just turn the TV off if they make it.

I think LA can be beat, the NL is weak to me I can see them getting by the CHANTING Braves but the Brewers are hot.