Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Nate S Axel wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:54 am RIP Tim Wakefield. Brain cancer. Legendary knuckleball. Nothing will ever beat that 2004 postseason when they broke the curse and had that insane comeback against the Yanks.
I read his diagnosis like 3 days ago. That was fast. RIP.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Seriously, what is it about the Phillies always having our number in the post season? Braves haven't scored a single run since this whole series started.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, Riley and the bats finally woke up, but we still have work to do.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

BRYCE HARPER YO! BRYCE HARPER!

https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Nate S Axel wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:48 pm BRYCE HARPER YO! BRYCE HARPER!

Uh, yeah, don't even get me started on him. Apart from that comeback Monday night this series has been a nightmare for the Braves.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:05 pm Uh, yeah, don't even get me started on him. Apart from that comeback Monday night this series has been a nightmare for the Braves.
I went 4-for-4 in the first round, predicting all the teams who won. My prediction of an epic Braves/Dodgers NLCS match-up isn't looking too good. Oh well. Rooting for individual players now.
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nate S Axel wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:17 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:05 pm Uh, yeah, don't even get me started on him. Apart from that comeback Monday night this series has been a nightmare for the Braves.
I went 4-for-4 in the first round, predicting all the teams who won. My prediction of an epic Braves/Dodgers NLCS match-up isn't looking too good. Oh well. Rooting for individual players now.
The TX-HOU NLCS should be good.

A great manager vs. the dumbest motherfucker that ever lived. I'm no fan of the Astros, but it looks like Dusty is the only thing that can beat them.

Rangers fans started chanting "we want Houston!" I remember when NYY fans did that. How'd that work out?

*edit

Holy shit! The 2020 Easy Mode Champs* just got swept. :lol:
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

killeverything wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:24 pm Rangers fans started chanting "we want Houston!" I remember when NYY fans did that. How'd that work out?
I saw Twins fans doing that as well and right away I knew they'd lose. Wayyyyyyy too cocky for winning their first OPENING series in two decades.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Good day in LA when Dodgers get eliminated
Worst fans in sports

I’m now Vegas MLB fan ..just change the stupid name and team colors
Vegas baseball worth the drive
Perfect day - MLB game in Vegas with Raw or Smackdown across street at MGM Grand before or after
Marquee late night maybe with DJ Pauly D..will happen
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Dusty's done. Rangers are looking legit. Now all we need is for the D-Backs to send Harper and Philly packing in game 7.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Ha! Suck it, Harper! D-Backs vs. Rangers in the WS, baby!
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Even though the Rangers (and Rockies) were my favorite teams growing up, it's obviously a different team, so I'm rooting for Longo to finally get a (World Series) ring... and for Paul Sewald and Tommy Pham, the Vegas boys on the team.

Nice change of teams at least. Hopefully it goes 6 or 7 games.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

THE TEXAS RANGERS WIN! Anybody? Anybody? Nobody?

Only 148 days until Opening Day 2024!
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

Only 102 days until pitchers and catchers have to report, February 12, 2024.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

On November 1st 2010. Bruce Bochy managed the SF Giants to a WS victory over the Texas Rangers. Their first ring in 52 years.

On November 1st 2023 Bruce Bochy managed the TX Rangers to a WS victory over the Arizona D'backs. Their first ring ( ever ) in 51 years.

God, I love baseball.

*edit

Just found another fun one.

Max Scherzer becomes the fourth pitcher in MLB history to have multiple Cy Youngs, multiple All-Star selections, multiple no-hitters, and multiple World Series championships.

Sandy Koufax, Justin Verlander, and Tim Lincecum are the only other pitchers to have done this.
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

killeverything wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:14 pm On November 1st 2010. Bruce Bochy managed the SF Giants to a WS victory over the Texas Rangers. Their first ring in 52 years.

On November 1st 2023 Bruce Bochy managed the TX Rangers to a WS victory over the Arizona D'backs. Their first ring ( ever ) in 51 years.

God, I love baseball.

*edit

Just found another fun one.

Max Scherzer becomes the fourth pitcher in MLB history to have multiple Cy Youngs, multiple All-Star selections, multiple no-hitters, and multiple World Series championships.

Sandy Koufax, Justin Verlander, and Tim Lincecum are the only other pitchers to have done this.
Just like 2023 the 2010 Series ended in 5 games. Bochy also just became the third Manager to win the WS in both the American and National leagues. Sparky Anderson (1975-76 Cincinnati, 1984 Detroit) and Tony La Russa (1989 Oakland, 2006 and 2011 St. Louis) were the other two.
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

Rangers Pitcher Will Smith just made history. He became the first player to win 3 straight World Series with 3 different teams. He did it in 2021 with the Atlanta Braves. He then did it with the 2022 Houston Astros and now the 2023 Texas Rangers.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Craig Counsel to Cubs 5/40m.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Gerrit Cole AL Cy Young.

Blake Snell NL Cy Young.

I'm not too impressed with Snell's selection. Dude rarely pitched past 5 innings. Don't get me wrong, he's an ace, but he was padding his stats...minus IP.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

NL MVP - Ronald Acuna Jr.

AL MVP - Shoshei Ohtani
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

People here are all about this Ohtani to Jays rumour. Obviously I'm a skeptic.

Mets might be garbs again this season. I can always jump back in when they're good again :D
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:26 pm People here are all about this Ohtani to Jays rumour. Obviously I'm a skeptic.

Mets might be garbs again this season. I can always jump back in when they're good again :D
There are rumors ( big announcement coming soon! Ohtani is almost done with the paperwork! ) for every single team.

Both LAs, SF, CHC, TX, TOR, NYM...

No one knows. He stated himself that all meetings have to be confidential or he won't sign there.

No one knows who he has talked to yet and if they say they know, they're full of shit. :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Soto traded to Yankees.

Ohtani announcement is supposedly coming later today. While Toronto or a team that's unexpected would be cool, if he's not a Dodger it will blow my mind. Remember, he chose to sign with the Angels so he wanted to be in SoCal. Now he has a "competitive" requirement and the team that Friedman/Zaidi built is going to be in the thick of it for a while.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:34 am Soto traded to Yankees.

Ohtani announcement is supposedly coming later today. While Toronto or a team that's unexpected would be cool, if he's not a Dodger it will blow my mind. Remember, he chose to sign with the Angels so he wanted to be in SoCal. Now he has a "competitive" requirement and the team that Friedman/Zaidi built is going to be in the thick of it for a while.
Just under 24 hours late, but indeed Ohtani is a Dodger now.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:30 pm
killeverything wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:34 am Soto traded to Yankees.

Just under 24 hours late, but indeed Ohtani is a Dodger now.
10/700m.

Who didn't see this coming? Even the Canadians really knew he wasn't coming there.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Ohtani ( and he was going to offer it to any team he signed with ) is only getting paid 2m per year of his contract ( the full amount to be paid at the end ), so the team can spend more money on players.

I'm pretty sure Arod and the Red Sox tried to a big restructuring in 2003/4 that the Union stopped after Steinbrenner alerted them.

I'm also pretty sure the MLBPAA is going to have an issue with this and some people are speculating it's going to help cause a lockout when the contract negotiations resume. It's all up in the air at this point, but if a lockout happens over this it will be a long one.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Astros' Ronel Blanco with the first no-hitter of the season vs. Blue Jays. Earliest in the season that a team has recorded a no-hitter.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Go Sacramento A's! (Until 2028ish)
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Braves pitcher Spencer Strider out for season ( UCL surgery ).
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:37 am Braves pitcher Spencer Strider out for season ( UCL surgery ).
Yep, and all my Braves friends are in mourning right now. Huge blow to our season.