Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Machado »

Funnelhead wrote:That catch by Austin Jackson last night was something to behold. Of course, then the Sox broadcasting crew wasn't sure it was a catch or not, because admittedly, they don't know the rules?
How the fuck do you get that job and don't know about leaving your feet in play to grab a ball that is out of play? Bring back Eck...
let me see...

A. Jackson is colored
City of Boston is racist
2 announcers in the booth are not colored

Why do you think they were not sure it was an out?
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Struggling Jose Bautista placed on irrevocable waivers.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yu Darvish 10K in Dodgers debut over Mets. 7 scoreless IP. He stated he was ashamed with his last outing in Texas.

I remember reading some people thought he was done. Yeah, it looks like it. :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Fat Panda gets AAA callup with SF. Brandon Belt to DL with concussion.

King Felix on 10 day DL with bicep strain.

Bartolo Colon ( 44 ) oldest pitcher to pitch s complete game.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Oakland trades Yonder Alonso to Seattle for OF Boog Powell.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Darren 'Dutch' Daulton passes away at age 55 after a four year battle with brain cancer!
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... 70807.html
Sad. I remember him. May he rest in peace...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

On this date:
On August 7, 2007, Barry Bonds hit his 756th career home run, passing Hank Aaron for the most all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jdOCQG1Mfs
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:On this date:
On August 7, 2007, Barry Bonds hit his 756th career home run, passing Hank Aaron for the most all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jdOCQG1Mfs
I was reading about this earlier. Bonds was an anomally with his skill and added state of the art pharmaceuticals. I don't believe he'll be surpassed.

I'm not 100% convinced he needed PEDs to accomplish what he did. Case in point. Hank Aaron ( greenies. Admitted ) needed 2500+ more at bats than Ruth to hit 714.

I can't find Bonds AB right now. I'm sure it's more ( but less than Aaron ) than Ruth needed. It just makes it that much more incredible what Ruth did. Fuck Selig.

Utah is more knowlegeable about PEDs in the game than I am, so I could be wrong. As dislikeable as Barry is he's one of those players when the BALCO shit came out where I went "Goddamnit. Why?"

Palmeiro couldn't without them, McGwire couldn't without. Clemens could, but started when his career was over, Arod probably could've but started way too early to know.

Barry was a HOF guarantee before he started. It's head scratching to me.

*ETA

Today is Mike Trout's 26th bday. He also hit a double....his 1,000th hit. 26 years old. 1,000 hits.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

King Felix's 10 Day DL moved to 3-4 weeks with right shoulder bursitis.

That fucking sucks! I really, really want Seattle to get the second wild card and see the King pitch in the playoffs. This probably fucks them.

They were in a fight with KC. KC has an easier schedule. The M's have 6 left against Houston for example.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Felix has been a shell of his former self for two years now. Too bad. In his prime, he was fun to watch.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAPoet wrote:Felix has been a shell of his former self for two years now. Too bad. In his prime, he was fun to watch.
True. Too many miles in that arm. He won't return to the form that made him the Cy Young pitcher, the #1 hurler, the
best in the game. Gone!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Indians acquire Jay Bruce from Mets for RHP Ryder Ryan.

*ETA

LAD has won 80 out of 113.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

KC puts RHP Trevor Cahill on 10 day DL with shoulder impingement syndrome.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

M's James Paxton on 10 day DL with left pectoral strain.

MFY place CC Sabbathia on 10 day DL with right knee inflamation.

*ETA Cubs catcher Wilson Conteras out 4-6 weeks with pulled hamstring.

*ETA II Marlins to be sold to group containing Derek Jeter and Micheal Jordan. It's been said that Jeter will become CEO.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Bryce Harper's season may be over due to an apparent knee injury!
https://youtu.be/Q4r3KI5kTj4
I saw the injury, but his whole season? Wow. Actually, that looks like a season-ender. I don't know why I was surprised.

I wonder if this is going to possibly lower hos price for CHC or the MFY.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Apparently he suffered a bonebruise. There is no ligament damage, so he's expected back this season.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Astros acquire RHP Tyler Clippard from White Sox.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
killeverything wrote:Apparently he suffered a bonebruise. There is no ligament damage, so he's expected back this season.
Damn! He got lucky because it looked pretty gruesome!
the play looked so similar to the injury Manny Machado suffered a season or two ago. how did Bryce not tear
up his knee is a miracle? when i saw the play i also thought maybe he busted his ankle like
Jason Kendall did from the Pirates so many years ago.

suddenly there is a call for the bases to be upgraded or fixed or made safer.
here's an idea, stop changing the bases multiple times per game so that the clubs
can sell them to fans as "game used". maybe that will solve the problem :roll:
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Machado wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
killeverything wrote:Apparently he suffered a bonebruise. There is no ligament damage, so he's expected back this season.
Damn! He got lucky because it looked pretty gruesome!
the play looked so similar to the injury Manny Machado suffered a season or two ago. how did Bryce not tear
up his knee is a miracle? when i saw the play i also thought maybe he busted his ankle like

here's an idea, stop changing the bases multiple times per game so that the clubs
Bone bruise is nothing to sneeze about. Yes, it beats a torn up knee, but depending on how bad the bruise is the guy
is looking to be out for a couple of months.
Larry Nance of Lakers had the same thing & he was gone for a decent amount of time.
If not mistaken, Kevin Durant had the same injury, and he was out for at least 2 months.
In other news... Dodgers won...............again.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Machado wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Damn! He got lucky because it looked pretty gruesome!

Bone bruise is nothing to sneeze about. Yes, it beats a torn up knee, but depending on how bad the bruise is the guy
is looking to be out for a couple of months.
Larry Nance of Lakers had the same thing & he was gone for a decent amount of time.
If not mistaken, Kevin Durant had the same injury, and he was out for at least 2 months.
In other news... Dodgers won...............again.
i know all about it. listen, 2 months vs a torn knee that might require 9 months or more.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Rockies Chad Bettis throws 7 scoreless in his first start back since beating testicular cancer.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Gincarlo Stanton and his 425m contract clears waivers. Supposedly 4 teams are looking into him.

*ETA

The Astros and Tigers are in serious discussions over Justin Verlander.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Veteran SP Jered Weaver announces retirement.

*ETA

Aaron Judge after hitting massive HR, sets single season strikeout record with 33 straight games. The power on Judge is insane, but he's going through the "next Kevin Maas" phase until he makes those adjustments.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote: Aaron Judge after hitting massive HR, sets single season strikeout record with 33 straight games. The power on Judge is insane, but he's going through the "next Kevin Maas" phase until he makes those adjustments.
Judge is going to be fine. The kid is a rookie. This season might not even be the best season of his career.
I watch almost all Yankee games and he does hit some bombs. He does seem to always be smiling. Difficult
to tell he is riding high or slumping.
The kid will make the adjustments, eventually. As long as he has a great attitude, there is nothing to worry about.

Now what about the long HR he hit the other night into the 3rd deck vs Mets? WOW!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote: Aaron Judge after hitting massive HR, sets single season strikeout record with 33 straight games. The power on Judge is insane, but he's going through the "next Kevin Maas" phase until he makes those adjustments.
Judge is going to be fine. The kid is a rookie. This season might not even be the best season of his career.
I watch almost all Yankee games and he does hit some bombs. He does seem to always be smiling. Difficult
The kid will make the adjustments, eventually. As long as he has a great attitude, there is nothing to worry about.

Now what about the long HR he hit the other night into the 3rd deck vs Mets? WOW!!!
I think it's a little bit of a slump. Baseball is a game of adjustments and he hasn't learned to make them yet, although I think he'll be fine in the long run. He has considerably dropped his lead for ROY and possible MVP the second half.

Homeruns and strikeouts are up with batting acerages down now because the young hitters are just swinging for the fences. Homeruns are cool, but it seems to have taken over lately.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

I think it's a little bit of a slump. Baseball is a game of adjustments and he hasn't learned to make them yet, although I think he'll be fine in the long run. He has considerably dropped his lead for ROY and possible MVP the second half.

Homeruns and strikeouts are up with batting acerages down now because the young hitters are just swinging for the fences. Homeruns are cool, but it seems to have taken over lately.
Yes, Judge is slumping. Has been since the all-star break. There are games he might go 2-4, with great contact, but will follow that up with
0-4 and 3 k's. Since he's a rookie and not a 10 year veteran, it is very easy to be patient with the kid. Plus, MLB fans seem to like him a lot, despite
playing in The Bronx.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: Yes, Judge is slumping. Has been since the all-star break. There are games he might go 2-4, with great contact, but will follow that up with
0-4 and 3 k's. Since he's a rookie and not a 10 year veteran, it is very easy to be patient with the kid. Plus, MLB fans seem to like him a lot, despite
playing in The Bronx.
He's very un-Harper/Puig, that's for sure. In fact I can't think of an MFY I didn't dislike since the Core-4 and Cano ( even then I'm not the biggest fan of Posada ).

*ETA

Albert Pujols hits HR #609, tying Sammy Sosa for the most hit by a Domican born player.

*ETA II

Curtis Granderson traded to Dodgers for PTBNL or cash.
Gil_Swine
Picking a Band Name

Post by Gil_Swine »

Machado wrote:

I saw that shot from the get go. Followed it straight up to the 3rd deck. It was unfreaking believable. Was sitting in front row of RF right behind Conforto. I called 3rd deck as soon as it left his bat. I asked the Yankee fan if he saw it and he said he just looked at Cespedes and how he didn't move. No one in the stadium moved really because it went out that fast. I'm a Mets fan but Judge is very likable. He would run over to a fan and place the ball in the glove after he stopped tossing with the ball boy. Conforto would toss it to a young fan as well. Both are extremely likeable guys. I'm glad Conforto got to play with a class act like Curtis Granderson.

Kevin Maas?! I remember that craze here in NY. They wanted him to replace Mattingly. I don't think Judge will be anything like Maas. He's much more talented and it's such a hitters era too with the small parks and watered down pitching. And a lot of guys who don't know how to pitch. No one pitches inside anymore!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAD's Rich Hill becomes first pitcher to lose a perfect game on an error in the 9th inning, bummer, but his no-hitter is still intact.

Not anymore. Rich Hill becomes first pitcher to lose a no-hitter on a walk off HR in the *10th. Talk about a shitty day.

Rajai Davis traded from Oakland to Boston. Details coming.

*ETA

It was the 10th inning.
Last edited by killeverything on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:LAD's Rich Hill becomes first pitcher to lose a perfect game on an error in the 9th inning, bummer, but his no-hitter is still intact.

Not anymore. Rich Hill becomes first pitcher to lose a no-hitter on a walk off HR in the 9th. Talk about a shitty day.

Rajai Davis traded from Oakland to Boston. Details coming.
the annual A's fire sale. that AAAA franchise needs to fold up and get out of town. they are an embarrassment to MLB.