Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

TexDaddy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:43 am Alvarez bomb

Mariners blew game 1
Terrible decision by manger to bring in Ray
If I didn't know better I would have thought Dusty Baker was managing Seattle. That's his M.O.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Man, do I hate Bryce Harper and Philly right now. Braves choked...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

demolition23 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:46 pm Padres finally playing like they’re paid to!

That said, the Dodgers had it over the Padres all season and will be starting the NLDS with their aces.

LA in 4
Thankfully, I don’t know what I’m talking about! 😀
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

Phillies & Padres
Astros & Guardians/Yankees

Wow... what a marathon in the Astros/Mariners game. The Mariners were actually the team I chose for an upset! So much for that. I went Phillies and Dodgers, and predicted the Yankees winning too, so 1-for-2, and it's not looking good for the Yanks. I have no dog left in the fight; just rooting for individual players now.

Will the Guardians take Game 4, or will the Yankees tie it up?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

😆 111 win season circling the drain.

I got one wish. I have two left. The MFY get knocked out by Cleveland ( or at least don't win the WS ), and Dusty Baker never gets a ring.

I'm blown away by Philly. This whole season I was thinking Atlanta could repeat.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Day after Dodgers out of playoffs always fun..fans are the worst
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:50 am 😆 111 win season circling the drain.
*Edit* :oops:

Ask Lou Piniella what he's thinks about 116 circling the drain! I hated that one too.

Watching the Braves reel in the Met's was magical, watching them fold to Phillie "IN A 5 GAME SERIES" was downright painful.....Or beautiful depending how you look at it...Ah-ah, ah! Ah-ah, ah!...Turned into Rick Rolled.

San Francisco Giants = 81-81....The off season moves push them from 107W to a .500 season....I forgot who they lost to in the 2021 divisional'$ oh ya LAD! What was the average age 35? 2021 was an amazing year no way it was going to fly twice.

Can we call them The Giants or just "Big People?" Joc Pederson 23HR for Team MVP! I was gonna get ya a Kris Bryant Giant jersery but they traded.......What happened to the shoe-in HOFer Kris Bryant.

Colorado's offense struggled with slugger Kris Bryant limited to 42 games due to back soreness and plantar fasciitis "HPV" after signing a $182 million, seven-year contract in March.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

killeverything wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:50 am 😆 111 win season circling the drain.

I got one wish. I have two left. The MFY get knocked out by Cleveland ( or at least don't win the WS ), and Dusty Baker never gets a ring.

I'm blown away by Philly. This whole season I was thinking Atlanta could repeat.
I'm not a big fan when it comes to the THIRD PLACE TEAM in the NL East advancing to the NLCS (and possibly World Series), but hey, those are the rules now. Sucks for the Braves and Mets that they didn't win when it counted the most. The Mets, Dodgers, and Braves combined for 313 wins in the regular season... and only 3 wins in the postseason.

As for the Dodgers:

From the LA Times (https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2 ... ous-season):
If there ever was a case for canceling the playoffs and awarding a championship because one team was so clearly better than all the others, our 2022 Los Angeles Dodgers would be it. For the love of St. Vincent Scully, they won 22 more games than the second-place team in their division, which just isn’t done.
:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Yeah, you just have to believe Vin Scully is rolling in that freshly dug grave of his after the Dodgers choked that series away.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nate S Axel wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:44 am

I'm not a big fan when it comes to the THIRD PLACE TEAM in the NL East advancing to the NLCS (and possibly World Series), but hey, those are the rules now. Sucks for the Braves and Mets that they didn't win when it counted the most. The Mets, Dodgers, and Braves combined for 313 wins in the regular season... and only 3 wins in the postseason.

As for the Dodgers:

From the LA Times (https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2 ... ous-season):
If there ever was a case for canceling the playoffs and awarding a championship because one team was so clearly better than all the others, our 2022 Los Angeles Dodgers would be it. For the love of St. Vincent Scully, they won 22 more games than the second-place team in their division, which just isn’t done.
:lol:
:lol: :lol: For real? They already let them have a ring for their 60 game season "Championship."

That's almost as funny as when the allegations against Houston's "win" became true, LAL was all over twitter saying "Houston only won because they had help and their Championship is illegitimate." ( it is )

I just found it funny it was from the Lakers. A team that couldn't beat Sacramento ( or Minnesota ) without the refs.

Fuck, I hate LA.

I have decided I want Dusty Baker to lose more than NY. The Astros cheating tipped it in their favor.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Yankees win behind Gerrit Cole's pitching. Off to Game 5 tomorrow back in New York, Civale against Taillon.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Yankees win, so onto the ALCS.

Yankees / Astros
Phillies / Padres
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

I have a feeling we're looking at an Astros/Phillies World Series, and unfortunately for the Dusty haters I foresee Houston winning it all barring a miracle.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

I'm gonna guess Yankees in 7, and Phillies in 6.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:29 pmFor real? They already let them have a ring for their 60 game season "Championship."
*Edit*

With little mention of the planet going insane, the cluster-fuck MLB dealt with in 2020 with was nuts....LA should get 2 RINGS! I didn't think they'd have a season but MLB pulled it off....AND WIN LAD DID! It's dat mor specal! It's their precious!
I was happy MLB did it and not because LAD won. It was great to see baseball...It was a shit year, a crazy year and MLB should get props for pulling off.

Don't even bring up the Houston Black Sox's, MLB should do to Houston what Derek Jeter's did to women to remember him by! But nooooo, couldn't afford the black mark! It is "illegitimate" Bought and paid for under the books to the city of Houston.....

I'm starting to think Cleveland and Philly wont make it even tho Philly is on fire, love to see them win...I can't believe the brackets.*** The Mets, Braves and Dodgers went cold in short sets. Another reason for 7, team vs team everyone on the bench gets in.

I don't hate the Pad's, but to watch them not play like a team with that much talent and lallygag into the playoffs then pick it up a bit...If they make the WS and get smashed I wont be shocked....I bet Houston is going win for the haters.

I hate the Lakers, Lebron getting Westbrook was a great move!

Wont be much longer, the Wrastling Thread climbed to 8 posts behind the MLB THREAD! Hard to believe.

*edit
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Phillies to the World Series.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Nate S Axel wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:09 pm Phillies to the World Series.
And most likely the Astros as well tonight. It's going to be hard to imagine Houston not sweeping the Yanks the way both teams have been playing here.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:20 pm
And most likely the Astros as well tonight. It's going to be hard to imagine Houston not sweeping the Yanks the way both teams have been playing here.
You guessed it. A back and forth game, but the Astros sweep the Yankees going to their fourth World Series in six seasons. Damn!

Phillies/Astros World Series... everybody's predictions? Who are you rooting for?

Game 1 on Friday.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nate S Axel wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:14 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:20 pm
You guessed it. A back and forth game, but the Astros sweep the Yankees going to their fourth World Series in six seasons. Damn!

Phillies/Astros World Series... everybody's predictions? Who are you rooting for?

Game 1 on Friday.
I'm pulling for Philly, but I don't think they'll win.

They got hot at the right time. I also think them firing their manager midseason and making the WS is going to set a precedent for underperforming managers.

As much as I hate ( and have always hated ) Dusty Baker his team is too good. The Houston scandal really pisses me off because they didn't need to cheat. They probably would have been in the WS without it. Jeff Luhknow built a beast.

I hope Philly pulls it off, but I doubt it.

Oh! I just remembered. The MFY tonight was using the 2004 ALCS to hype themselves up for a comeback. True story.

What kind of shit is that? Your franchise had the biggest chokejob in baseball history against your biggest rival, and you're gonna take a "be like the 2004 Red Sox" rally cry?

Unbelieveable.

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-get-in ... cs-victory
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I mean to say I think Philly's streak ends here vs the Ass-Hos. I'd love to see it but thinking they get 1, 2 or swept.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

I can’t decide who I hate more: Dusty Baker or that crybaby Bryce Harper. Can’t both teams just lose?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Aaron Judge Rumors: Giants 'Won't Be Underbid' to Land Yankees Free Agent............Ah fuck......He's gonna buy Fisherman's Wharf then refurbish Alcatraz and move in...And they'll toss in a lifetime card for the BART.
If Aaron Judge makes his free agency decision based solely on money, he may end up on the San Francisco Giants.

Randy Miller of NJ.com reported Tuesday that the National League West team is "prepared to spend whatever it takes" to land the New York Yankees star.

“Judge is at the top of the Giants list and they won't be underbid," a person familiar with the team's approach said. "If they miss out, it won't be because of money."

It's going to cost a lot of that money.

Miller suggested the pursuit of Judge could become "a bidding war that figures to surpass $300 million" with the Los Angeles Dodgers expected to be involved and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman saying the plan is to make him an offer far above the seven-year, $213.5 million one he turned down in April.

Yet the Giants could have more than just the financial angle working in their favor.

Judge grew up a San Francisco fan in the Northern California town of Linden, where his parents and in-laws still live. Signing with the Giants would be something of a homecoming, and someone close to him even said "it's going to be looking good next season for the orange and black."

It should come as no surprise that San Francisco wants to make a major move this offseason.
Bleacher Report.....

Personally I'd let someone else drop 300M+ on the 30yo Judge and load up on pitching.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:34 pm Aaron Judge Rumors: Giants 'Won't Be Underbid' to Land Yankees Free Agent............Ah fuck......He's gonna buy Fisherman's Wharf then refurbish Alcatraz and move in...And they'll toss in a lifetime card for the BART.
If Aaron Judge makes his free agency decision based solely on money, he may end up on the San Francisco Giants.

Randy Miller of NJ.com reported Tuesday that the National League West team is "prepared to spend whatever it takes" to land the New York Yankees star.

“Judge is at the top of the Giants list and they won't be underbid," a person familiar with the team's approach said. "If they miss out, it won't be because of money."

It's going to cost a lot of that money.

Miller suggested the pursuit of Judge could become "a bidding war that figures to surpass $300 million" with the Los Angeles Dodgers expected to be involved and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman saying the plan is to make him an offer far above the seven-year, $213.5 million one he turned down in April.

Yet the Giants could have more than just the financial angle working in their favor.

Judge grew up a San Francisco fan in the Northern California town of Linden, where his parents and in-laws still live. Signing with the Giants would be something of a homecoming, and someone close to him even said "it's going to be looking good next season for the orange and black."

It should come as no surprise that San Francisco wants to make a major move this offseason.
Bleacher Report.....

Personally I'd let someone else drop 300M+ on the 30yo Judge and load up on pitching.
I read that. I wanna say nj.com, but I'm not sure.

That's insane and against practically everything Zaidi stands for.

I could see it if Judge was 25. 30 in a pitcher's park? Aside from the old school teams I can't think of one example where the pitching dominant team didn't win.

Pitching, pitching, pitching.

I hope SF doesn't land Judge ( minus the PEDs ) it will be another Cano in Seattle. SF isn't "one piece away" and Judge is that piece. LA is built to win now and look to be WS contenders for a while. Landing Judge doesn't change that. Waste of money that could be spent on the entire team.

From 2004 ALCS Red Sox rally to Mariano talking shit now. Is NY broken? That "mystique and aura" is gone.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/26/mariano-r ... nager/amp/
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, we can all say congratulations to the ‘Stros. At least Dusty didn’t cheat to win, I guess.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Happy for Dusty. His first year managing (1993) was the first year I got into baseball when I was young. Since I'm a sad Rockies fan, I had no dog in the fight, instead rooting for individuals -- either Vegas's own Bryce Harper and Bryson Stott or Dusty. Cool dude, so well deserved.

See you in the spring. Only 101 days until pitchers and catchers report! :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Fuck the Phillies for getting Dusty a ring.
TexDaddy
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by TexDaddy »

The best team won

Astros know how to build from within and scout the Dominican Republic better than other teams

Don’t offer huge long term deals the become a huge negative in the later years.

Actually understand how to develop young players
They will be in the mix for the next several years
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

killeverything wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:37 pm Fuck the Phillies for getting Dusty a ring.
Phils gave em' a harder fight than any other team in the post season and Dusty finally getting one was probably the least annoying thing about it, him and every other player not on the scandal ridden champs which is 90% of the team. Fun series to watch.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:37 pm Fuck the Phillies for getting Dusty a ring.
Well, as I said, it depends on who you hate more: if the Phillies had won, Bryce Harper would have gotten a ring.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:29 am
Well, as I said, it depends on who you hate more: if the Phillies had won, Bryce Harper would have gotten a ring.

Hair Flip Boy is incredibly dislikeable, but he's very, very good and it's not far-fetched to see him getting a ring sometime in his career.

My hate for Dusty knows no bounds. I loathe that old school "go by your gut" management style. Dusty Baker is one of the stupidest motherfuckers to ever exist. Houston brought him because the ENTIRE team/organization was caught cheating and Dusty is a likeable oldtimer that knows everything there it to know about the shrimping business.

Fuck Dusty Baker.
TexDaddy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:55 am The best team won

Astros know how to build from within and scout the Dominican Republic better than other teams

Don’t offer huge long term deals the become a huge negative in the later years.

Actually understand how to develop young players
They will be in the mix for the next several years
As I've stated before what pisses me off the most about Houston is they didn't have to cheat. Top to bottom that organization is run incredbile.

Jeff Luhknow was like a Voltron of Beane, Zaidi, James, Friedman, Epstein, and Dewan when he built the team. I've always been pretty vocal about my love of scouting/stats and I was excited to see Houston's new direction.

I was telling anyone that would listen when Luhknow took over that the Astros would win the WS within' 5 years. I excitedly bought the "Astroball" book written about their methods and everything ( I threw it away before I read it when the scandal broke ).

Anyways, that's such a well run system it still pissed me off about them cheating with no repurcussions. They'll be ferocious for a long time and the embarrassment of Cashman and the MFY was glorious.

I would like Houston to succeed without the scandal or anyone associated with it on the team, just to prove a point about analytics and scouting.

And fuck Dusty Baker. Retarded motherfucker.