Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

LAPoet wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if the Fish deal their other assets instead and let Stanton languish during yet another rebuild

Word is their talking to the MFY. That is fucking terrifying.

Otani chooses to sign with Anaheim. I reallh thought he was going to end up in Seattle. I did not see that coming.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Looks like Castro, veterans and prospects with none of them being top prospects.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:Looks like Castro, veterans and prospects with none of them being top prospects.
What. The. Fuck?!?!? I guess that happens when Jeter is one of the owners. Unfuckingbelieveable. Can you image that lineup? "Murderer's Row" became "Murderer's Holocaust."

Maybe this will end up like post 2001. They still don't have the pitching.

*knocks on wood

*ETA

MFY 265 of 295m, Castro, + 2 prospects. :x
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

I knew Stanton would be gone, but the MFY? Good call, kill..."Murderers Holocaust".

I'm at the point where I don't much care if the Marlins stay or go. Ain't nobody going to go watch this shitshow. They didn't show up when Stanton was here. As a Marlins fan, I'm sick to death of being shit on once again.

Welcome to Yankees South.
Fuck sigs.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

If MLB subtracted the two Florida teams, would anyone really notice? I feel bad for Fish fans though.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:I knew Stanton would be gone, but the MFY? Good call, kill..."Murderers Holocaust".

I'm at the point where I don't much care if the Marlins stay or go. Ain't nobody going to go watch this shitshow. They didn't show up when Stanton was here. As a Marlins fan, I'm sick to death of being shit on once again.

Welcome to Yankees South.
Jeter's an owner. They'll be shipping their talent North like their name was the Oakland A's, except they'll do it happily.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Red Sox knuckleballer is a knucklebrawler as Wright is accused of domestic assault.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Padres to acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell from MFY for Jabari Blash.

:lol: Poor Chase, back to SD you go.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Physical shows Ohtani has a damaged UCL. At worst it's a sprain which he got a plasma injection in October, but it has the potential to turn into Tommy John surgery in the close future.

*dunt, dunt, duhhhhh

The Captain has been getting called out on why he didn't show to the Winter Meetings to answer questions on why he let the face of his franchise go to the MFY for basically a bad of peanuts.

Even Buster Olney wasn't ballwashing him over it.

*ETA

It turns out Yu Darvish was tipping his pitches in the World Series.

An unidentified player stated "The Astros always knew what Yu was going to throw by how he brought his glove up from the set position. ( Darvish pitches exclusively from the stretch ) The player said it worked like this. Darvish holds the ball to his side when he gets the sign from the catcher. Whether he regrips or not was the tip off of whether he was going to throw a cutter/slider or a fastball."

Before the Series Darish threw 11 and a 1/3 IP with 2 ER. He struck out 14 combined in the NLDS and CS, but none against Houston.

He threw 3 and 1/3 against Houston with a 21.60ERA
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Scott Boras calls the Marlins a "pawn shop"
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Ian Kinsler traded from Tigers to Angels. Think it'll help fill the void that came with Ohtani's injury?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote:Ian Kinsler traded from Tigers to Angels. Think it'll help fill the void that came with Ohtani's injury?
Ohtani's not injured yet though. He has a greater potential for.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SF trades Matt Moore to Rangers for prospects ( RHPs Isreal Cruz and Sam Wolff ) + bonus pool money. Moore is a pitcher that was off last year, but I expect to become a solid #2 or 3. I think this could be a mistake on SF's part.

Angels sign IF Zach Cozart to 3 year deal.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Marcel Ozuna to Cardinals for Sandy Alcatara + more prospects. Ozuna brought in more than the reigning MVP.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Matt Kemp back to LAD for Scott Kazmir, Adrian Gonzalez, Brandon McCarthy, Charlie Culberson, and cash.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Orioles closer, Zach Britton ruptures right achilles tendon. Expected to miss at least 6 months.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SF trades for Evan Longoria from Rays.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote:SF trades for Evan Longoria from Rays.
Just saw. Shocker! I figured he'd be a lifelong franchise player for the Rays or something.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mets sign Jay Bruce 3/39
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Astros trade for Gerrit Cole.

Mets to sign Adrian Gonzalez, pending physical.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Howie Kendrick signs with the Nats 2/7m.

Pirates and SF agree to trade for Andrew McCutchen. This would have been huge 8 years ago....
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

McCutchen to Giants after nine years in Pittsburgh. Hope it works out for him.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Vlad Guerrero
Chipper Jones
Jim Thome
Trevor Hoffman

All going into the Hall of Fame.

Vlad was probably the best all around player I got to see play live, on a regular basis, in my lifetime. He could do it all: hit, hit for power, run, throw, and play great D. Worth the price of admission all on his own.

Yet another Expo in the HOF. Way to go Vladdy!
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

WOLF wrote:Vlad Guerrero

Vlad was probably the best all around player I got to see play live, on a regular basis, in my lifetime. He could do it all: hit, hit for power, run, throw, and play great D. Worth the price of admission all on his own.

100%. He ranks up there on my all time favorite list and never played on a team I really liked. Killed me how he could hit and launch junk out of the zone.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
WOLF wrote:Vlad Guerrero

100%. He ranks up there on my all time favorite list and never played on a team I really liked. Killed me how he could hit and launch junk out of the zone.
I was happy about Vlad's induction. Edgar Martinez ( whom I believe should have gotten in long ago ) got 70.4%. I think he finally makes it to the Hall next year.

Cooperstown is starting to become a joke to me now though. The induction of Selig, the continued denial of both Bonds and Clemens ( you add Selig, you HAVE to add them ).

The addition of Jack Morris was ridiculous. The guy was denied for what? 20 years? Well, this new committee inducted him. He pitched a really good game in the WS. Aside from that he was never in the same breath as Clemens, Gooden, Valenzula, Stewart, Sabrehagen, or any if his contemporaries that were #1s. It really pisses me off.

Cooperstown was always the Holy Grail to me. "I'll marry the girl that would go there on our honeymoon ( lol )," etc. With his induction I think it's just a joke now.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

I was hoping Vlad would go in as an Expo.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAPoet wrote:I was hoping Vlad would go in as an Expo.
That's the fist thing I noticed, you could blame Selig more then Vlad IMO. What would have happened if Selig didn't cancel the 94 WS or destroy the team?

Hall Of Famer Selig!

The Expos.......Gutted
The Astors....Welcome to the AL I'm bumping my old team to the NL, INTERLEAGUE! While you're at it, let's open a ROOF!
Oakland A's.......Thanks for all the help
Fuck the grinding regular season everyone makes the playoffs, 1/3rd of the league is invited
All time high revenue and mega new stadiums across the country bought by YOU. Jeffrey Loria is on my buddy list!
1994 World Series....Wait, there wasn't one! Sorry Montreal...Even my Dodgers were leading the west! FUCK YOU!
Rode steroids into the record books like he was riding Seabiscuit! I'm rich bitch! Oh wait, PED'S R BAD!
The All-KC-CUBS-Game, HR Derby and the entire break is summed up by the 2002 winners! AL 7 NL 7! No wait home field advantage, no wait again!
Fan's priced out of games but don't worry it's harder to watch them on TV as well!
Douche bag
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Cooperstown was always the Holy Grail to me. "I'll marry the girl that would go there on our honeymoon ( lol )," etc. With his induction I think it's just a joke now.
I would have married a HO if they went to either Canton or Cooper's with me....Back then....
I always respected Cooperstown more because it was holy and they didn't toss players like Troy Aikman in because of a popularity contest or politics but like you said they went full on Selig now. Unfuckingbelievable....Enriching Selig was criminal.

Selig going in by some special committee still wouldn't change my vote to give others a free pass, I believe it's wrong Selig made it so it would be wrong to vote in another. After that the hinges are off might as well put Sosa to Palmeiro in. Most of the players I worshiped like Bagwell we all know was enhanced and it's down to those not connected or convicted. No Blood, No Foul.....Those who were Caught or even thought to be PED's are punished yet the ones who keep low are good? Ya it's royally fucked.
I will always rank Clemens as one of the best ever, probably the same for Bonds except I hate him and have story's from people who played with him that are more personal, just from the story's he'd never get my vote. So where do you drawn the line? I'd almost say if you stood up and admitted it I'd hand out a hall pass.

I knew they was juiced during the HR race as I raised a fist then afterwords looking at the records and money I have buyers remorse. I've come to the conclusion that I've lost respect for Cooperstown and couldn't careless if I go anymore. I can scratch that off the bucket list and it pisses me off. I'm glad I made it to Canton before the BS of the NFL changed my opinion I just wished I made it to the Graceland of Baseball before now.

Eventually we'll see them bust in, voters who grew up after the era and will rise along with the acceptance but not on my end. This SI writer did a good story and said it best.
I never have and never will vote for players connected to steroid use by public evidence. At no point, rule or no rule, was steroid use acceptable, which is why players went through great lengths to conceal it and continue to do so years later. I understand why some players made the choice. I cannot honor it.
Big Mac had a great quote.......
Mark McGwire, on what steroid use should mean for the greatest honor in the sport: “It’s a mistake that I have to live with for the rest of my life. I have to deal with never, ever getting into the Hall of Fame. I totally understand and totally respect their opinion and I will never, ever push it. That is the way it’s going to be and I can live with that. One of the hardest things I had to do this year was sit down with my nine- and ten-year-old boys and tell them what dad did. That was a really hard thing to do but I did it. They understood as much as a nine or ten year old could. It’s just something, if any ballplayer ever came up to me, run away from it. It’s not good. Run away from it.”
But again, you're left with only punishing the ones who got busted when the entire league was juiced. It's a shitty subject.....integrity, sportsmanship, character? Where to start and where does it end...........I hold them all accountable for pissing on the legacy that use to mean something.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

He should have, but they try to respect the players' wishes these days.

Reality is that the Angels exist and the Expos don't. There's more $/prestige associated with going in as part of an existing team - re: signings, card shows, etc.

Vlad was up to 8 kids with 5 women last I heard. $125 million of career earnings will only get you so far!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

UtahRatt wrote:
That's the fist thing I noticed, you could blame Selig more then Vlad IMO. What would have happened if Selig didn't cancel the 94 WS or destroy the team?

Hall Of Famer Selig!

The Expos.......Gutted
The Astors....Welcome to the AL I'm bumping my old team to the NL, INTERLEAGUE! While you're at it, let's open a ROOF!
Oakland A's.......Thanks for all the help
Fuck the grinding regular season everyone makes the playoffs, 1/3rd of the league is invited
All time high revenue and mega new stadiums across the country bought by YOU. Jeffrey Loria is on my buddy list!
1994 World Series....Wait, there wasn't one! Sorry Montreal...Even my Dodgers were leading the west! FUCK YOU!
Rode steroids into the record books like he was riding Seabiscuit! I'm rich bitch! Oh wait, PED'S R BAD!
The All-KC-CUBS-Game, HR Derby and the entire break is summed up by the 2002 winners! AL 7 NL 7! No wait home field advantage, no wait again!
Fan's priced out of games but don't worry it's harder to watch them on TV as well!
Douche bag
Selig presided over a situation where Jeff Loria went from owning the Expos to the Marlins, John Henry moved from the Marlins to the Red Sox, and MLB took over the Expos.

Somehow, in all that, Selig's buddy Loria got to take everything from the Expos with him. The scouting department, the files and paperwork, whatever front office staff that wanted to move, even the new Spring Training facility. Loria took anything that wasn't nailed down away in trucks, in the middle of the night - literally. How does that happen?

Then, the MLB operated Expos were run into the ground by Omar Minaya and senile Frank Robinson, who would fall asleep on the bench during games. Despite this the Expos stayed competitive - until everyone else could make deals at the deadline, and use September call ups, but they couldn't. Unless they were bad deals - those they could make... From there, we got "home games" in Puerto Rico, but at times of year when the Expos normally drew well. THAT resulted in month long road trips for the players left behind. Fun huh?

A lack of strong local ownership after Charles Bronfman started the Expos down the path to destruction, but Selig pushed them over the edge with the above, and the strike of 94 that solved nothing, resulted in no meaningful revenue sharing, and saw the Expos lose all their stars the week everyone got back to work.

Anyone who played for, or saw, the '94 Expos says the same thing. They were a juggernaut firing on all cylinders, with the brilliant Felipe Alou at the helm.

You guys want to read a great baseball book, and a comprehensive history of the Expos? Read Jonah Keri's book. It's as good as it gets, from a guy who knows baseball and grew up in Montreal as an Expos fan, and then an insider.