I just met Lance Berkman.

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

I just met Lance Berkman.

Post by bane »

Not that anybody cares, but I was in a sporting goods store doing some last minute Christmas shopping and ran into Berkman. He was in there buying a bicycle. I didn't want to go all fan boy on him so I just said hi and told him I appreciated his play. He was cool. He's a hell of a lot smaller than he looks on TV. Anyway, I had to blab about this somewhere so you guys got stuck with it.
AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Re: I just met Lance Berkman.

Post by AcillateM »

Berkman's cool as hell.I met him at Randals once,he was buying bananas. :lol: It's like Randals is the official place the Astros shop cause i also saw Clemens and Biggio there before as well.
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

Berkman's awesome. Even though I'm a Cubs fan -- a few years ago I was in the left field bleachers at Wrigley, and he was playing LF. Most of the drunk asses around me were chanting "Twinkie Power, Twinkie Power!" when he was out in the field. Someone even threw a twinkie towards him. But rather than get pissed, he took the twinkie out of the wrapper, ate it, and waved to the fans. It was hilarious, and a good way of him "rolling with the punches."
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

He always seemed like he'd be cool, good to hear it.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

wickedsensation wrote:Berkman's awesome. Even though I'm a Cubs fan -- a few years ago I was in the left field bleachers at Wrigley, and he was playing LF. Most of the drunk asses around me were chanting "Twinkie Power, Twinkie Power!" when he was out in the field. Someone even threw a twinkie towards him. But rather than get pissed, he took the twinkie out of the wrapper, ate it, and waved to the fans. It was hilarious, and a good way of him "rolling with the punches."

interesting... the truth is, he hates wrigley field and cub fans...im surprised he woulda done that

i like berkman too
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
BigCooler
Forming a Band

Post by BigCooler »

Heenan Snuka wrote:the truth is, he hates wrigley field and cub fans...
With that quote, I just became a Berkman fan.