The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by LAglamrocker »

they got too many belts now..they only have 2 belts makes for a better sport
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
cumshot
Headlining Clubs

Post by cumshot »

LAglamrocker wrote:they got too many belts now..they only have 2 belts makes for a better sport
2 belts??!! :lol:

..dude thats silly.
BD888
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BD888 »

cumshot wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:they got too many belts now..they only have 2 belts makes for a better sport

..dude thats silly.
I think they need a belt at 225, then make the HW an open weight like in boxing. There's a ton of semi-talented guys that make interesting fights in an open-weight / heavy weight division. Of course if this happened, Lesnar would be fighting at weight closer to 295 than 265.

When the UFC and WEC eventually merge, you'll get the lighter belts coming in. As much as I love watching featherweight boxing, for some reason I don't find the really small MMA guys as interesting to watch. They just seem to bounce around too much. Maybe they just don't seem very imposing.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

I re-watched the ending of the Amir Sadollah fight ten times and that was definitely an early stoppage. If you add in the the fact that he wasn't even CONNECTING with those punches, it was beyond belief that the fight was stopped (not that the referee could see that for certain). If you look, he's reigning down punches that are barely scrapping the back of the head and neck, some aren't even landing at all. That's why Amir Sadollah was looking up at Hendericks and wondering "What the fuck?" when the fight was stopped.

Bullshit.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

BD888 wrote:
cumshot wrote:

..dude thats silly.
I think they need a belt at 225, then make the HW an open weight like in boxing. There's a ton of semi-talented guys that make interesting fights in an open-weight / heavy weight division. Of course if this happened, Lesnar would be fighting at weight closer to 295 than 265.

When the UFC and WEC eventually merge, you'll get the lighter belts coming in. As much as I love watching featherweight boxing, for some reason I don't find the really small MMA guys as interesting to watch. They just seem to bounce around too much. Maybe they just don't seem very imposing.

The HW division is too thin right now to be split, you would just have the same 3 guys fighting for each belt. I really don't agree about the lighter weight fighters being less exciting, Faber, Mike Brown, Miguel Torres, and Leonard Garcia are some of the most exciting fighters to watch.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

BD888 wrote:
cumshot wrote:

..dude thats silly.

The HW division is too thin right now to be split, you would just have the same 3 guys fighting for each belt. I really don't agree about the lighter weight fighters being less exciting, Faber, Mike Brown, Miguel Torres, and Leonard Garcia are some of the most exciting fighters to watch.

I guess it's partly because they seem weightless when the go to ground. You have the guy on the bottom who can with one leg hurl the other guy into the air, and he will land on his feet. I have enjoyed some of Faber and Torres' fights, but I don't get excited for them. I pretty much watch every single MMA fight I can, so I've see all of their fights.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

FYI: Spike has UFC 100 on tonight for free and it features three un-aired fights.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Strikeforce - Gina Carano vs Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos

Great fight.

Two fighters who are clearly average at everything they do, yet stand head and shoulders above the rest of women's MMA.

This fight was a real scrap with both fighter showing a lot of heart. Crowd was really into this fight as well.

I recommend watching it.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

yea that chick fight was sweet, so cool to hear the crowd be way into it, the dude that won the title tonight over that gang looking guy is awesome
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Mousasi is the next big thing, I've been saying that for a while. Dude is only 24, already has wins over 2 top middleweights, made Mark Hunt look like trash, and just destroyed a top 10 lhw without a tune up fight in a higher weight class. The UFC really needs to get this guy, he is the Silva and Machida killer IMO.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Mousasi is the next big thing, I've been saying that for a while. Dude is only 24, already has wins over 2 top middleweights, made Mark Hunt look like trash, and just destroyed a top 10 lhw without a tune up fight in a higher weight class. The UFC really needs to get this guy, he is the Silva and Machida killer IMO.
I think he can get to that level, but hes not there yet. When he is 26/27 thats when he will hit his stride.

But you know, Soko could just do his thing and brutally KO him in Dream.....
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Randy for the win, by GNP
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

There's a rumor going a round now that Carwin - Velasquez is scrapped, and Carwin is gonna face Lesnar at 106 in November. A couple of sites are already reporting it, I hope it turns out to be true.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

BozoMcMetal wrote:There's a rumor going a round now that Carwin - Velasquez is scrapped, and Carwin is gonna face Lesnar at 106 in November. A couple of sites are already reporting it, I hope it turns out to be true.
I'd love to see Carwin drop Lesnar. I still take Brock on this one because Brock is bigger, stronger, and more importantly has a much longer reach, he's also faster and has better wrestling. Carwin hasn't fought anyone bigger than he is. Gonzaga was taller but actually weights 5-10lbs less. Brock will be 30-35lbs heavier than Carwin. If Carwin stand any chance, it's at the beginning of the round.

If Carwin someone how manages to beat Brock, I would bet anything, that his next fight would be with Randy.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Who's everybody taking for UFC 102? I got:

Soszynski - Never liked Vera, not impressed with his last few fights. Krystof seems to get better each time out and is likable dude.

Rosholt - Can't stand Leben either. Don't know much about Rosholt, but all of his fights except for his one loss have been stoppages, so this one is a toss up.

Maia - I've liked Maia ever since he debuted, I think he'll be able to pull off the sub against Nate. Demian has the best BJJ in MMA, and he has been training with Wands conditioning coach, he should come in great shape.

Jardine - Thiago is overrated IMO, and Jardine's odd style should be able to take him out.

Nog - My head says Couture, but my heart says Nog. Should be a good fight either way. Both these guys are 2 of my favorite fighters, so as long as it's not a complete destruction of either one, I'll be happy, but I really want Nog to pull out the win. A lot of people are sayng he's done because he had one bad fight, I want to see them proven wrong.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Will be missing the fights but im gunna say
Nog
Maia
Jardine
Leben
Vera
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Couture by GNP stoppage
Thiaga Silva by KO
Leben
Maia
Vera
Herman
Gonzaga
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Nog vs Couture was fucking great, so happy to see Nog back in shape. Everyone was talking shit about him being done and not having a chin because of one bad fight, and he proved them all wrong. This was one of the best cards in a while. Yves Levine needs to be fired for letting Leben get put to sleep. He has been making a lot of mistakes lately, and he used to be a pretty good ref. I was screaming at the TV when he tapped and Yves didn't pull him off, and then Leben started convulsing, not good. At the post fight press conference Randy said that he just signed a new 6 fight contract, so look for him to be fighting Anderson Silva in the near future.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Nog vs Couture was fucking great, so happy to see Nog back in shape. Everyone was talking shit about him being done and not having a chin because of one bad fight, and he proved them all wrong. This was one of the best cards in a while. Yves Levine needs to be fired for letting Leben get put to sleep. He has been making a lot of mistakes lately, and he used to be a pretty good ref. I was screaming at the TV when he tapped and Yves didn't pull him off, and then Leben started convulsing, not good. At the post fight press conference Randy said that he just signed a new 6 fight contract, so look for him to be fighting Anderson Silva in the near future.

I was saying the same thing about Lavigne. That was pretty sad, he was looking right at Leben and missed the tap. WTF?

Man, I couldn't believe how Couture kept surviving the chokes. Amazing. It looks to me like he's lost some power on his punches, which is not a good sign. Dude is still an animal and fantastic to watch, but if he can't finish it isn't the same. I don't want to see him turn into Chuck Liddel. No way should he go against Anderson Silva. I can understand the media draw, but...no. Don't do it, Randy.

Nate fucking Marquardt for the win! I loved that knockout. Beautiful. Duffee's punch was also great. Wish I could have seen the Gonzaga fight, brief as it was.
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

Man what a great card all around, much better than 101. Only stinker was Vera (please release this bum Dana, all of his fights are like this, he does nothing and quite frankly he's just not very good.) It was also a shame about Maia and Nate, I would have actually liked to have seen a real fight. Man Nog was such a shock, but it really was great to see. I thought for sure Randy was gonna kill him. I heard how he was getting knocked out in practice and when I met him at 100 he just looked and moved very old. That was potential fight of the year. Great card. Oh and I agree about Yves Lavegne, I always thought he sucked seems like people are finally starting to realize it. Horrible call with Leben.
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

The Gonzaga fight from the undercard featuring nut shots, puking and blood!

http://www.myvideofight.com/UFC/Gabriel ... ight-Video
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

SlayerNPG wrote:The Gonzaga fight from the undercard featuring nut shots, puking and blood!

http://www.myvideofight.com/UFC/Gabriel ... ight-Video

Holy fuck! Man, how did Tuchsherer even get back up to fight? Dude has my respect.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

This was my worst card for predictions yet.

I thought the main event was awesome. I was backing Randy, but absolutely loved every minutes of it. I was at the edge of my seat shouting at the screen.

Gonzaga murdered his opponent, that was brutal.
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

Bump, Im really excited for this on Saturday. Not really any blockbuster fights, but a solid card full of really good fights. I'm biased as Cro Cop is my all time favorite fighter, but I have to admit Im pretty scared for him in this fight. I hope he can pull something out of his ass. So who's everyone going with?

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

•Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin
•Junior Dos Santos vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
•Paul Daley vs. Martin Kampmann
•Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
•Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin
•Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller (Spike Tv)
•Tomasz Drwal vs. Drew McFedries (Spike Tv)
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Fuck yeah, I'm really excited for this weekend too. Great card for the hardcore fan, lots of potentially great fights. I'm gonna take:

Vitor - I think the new Vitor is fuckin deadly, he should be able to take out Rich.
Mirko - Really torn on this one. I want to see Crocop get the win, but I won't be surprised to see JDS pull it out.
Kampmann - So disappointed that Swick pulled out, that would have been a monster fight. Daley is no slouch, but I think Kampmann is much more well rounded
Kos - Trigg is never gonna get back to the top of the WW division, Kos takes this easy by RNC.
Griffin - Tyson is tough as nails, this should be a good scrap.
Miller - This one's a toss up, could go either way.
McFedries - Drwal is gonna get KTFO.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

Vitor Belfort and Junior Dos Santos will win their respective fights.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

BozoMcMetal wrote: Kos -Kos takes this easy by RNC.
:lol: :lol: that would be good

Rich by dec, I think vitor will be mentality tired from going full a full camp then having to come back for a fight three months later, plus he chokes.
If he wins though, ill be happy for the dude

Im prayin for a cro cop KO win, but wouldnt be surprised if it went the other way

Kampmann by sub

Kos dec

Griffin dec
BD888

Post by BD888 »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Fuck yeah, I'm really excited for this weekend too. Great card for the hardcore fan, lots of potentially great fights. I'm gonna take:

Vitor - I think the new Vitor is fuckin deadly, he should be able to take out Rich.
Mirko - Really torn on this one. I want to see Crocop get the win, but I won't be surprised to see JDS pull it out.
Kampmann - So disappointed that Swick pulled out, that would have been a monster fight. Daley is no slouch, but I think Kampmann is much more well rounded
Kos - Trigg is never gonna get back to the top of the WW division, Kos takes this easy by RNC.
I am going to agree with all your choices other than I think Rich takes Vitor
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

BD888 wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:Fuck yeah, I'm really excited for this weekend too. Great card for the hardcore fan, lots of potentially great fights. I'm gonna take:

I'm starting to second guess Vitor, he looked a little soft at the weigh ins. I hope his cardio is in good shape or he's gonna be in for a long night with Franklin.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

BozoMcMetal wrote:
BD888 wrote:

I'm starting to second guess Vitor, he looked a little soft at the weigh ins. I hope his cardio is in good shape or he's gonna be in for a long night with Franklin.
Franklin has been fighting top competition for years, and looked good against all of them, even when Silva was killing him. I just think this is a big step up for Belfort. I like Vitor, but he's lost against all this top competition. His last decent win was against Randy Couture in 2004, and he lost in the rubber match. All his other top competition he lost to, like Tito Ortiz, Overeem x 2, Dan Henderson etc, and his big wins have been over lesser or atleast much smaller opponents that couldn't wrestle. The Vitor of old, as MMA fans always hark on about, fought one dimensional fighers like Tank Abbot, or fighters who were well before their prime like Wanderlei and Heath Herring.

I'm not a fan of Rich Franklin, so I'll be supporting Vitor Belfort in this one. Also, if Vitor wins, it gives Anderson another opponent.