The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by yeahbuddy »

Earl Skakel wrote:The fight I really want to see now is JDS/Overeem as you talk about 2 alpha males going at it. You talk about a fight that at least on paper will have no wrestling/takedowns and just bombs away!!

Earl
Overeem will throw in some hefty kicks like the one he used to take out Lesnar.
I see JDS winning that fight. But the only way it happens is if he Overeem loses his next fight. But yeah, I want to see JDS/Overeem go at it as well.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Earl Skakel wrote:The fight I really want to see now is JDS/Overeem as you talk about 2 alpha males going at it. You talk about a fight that at least on paper will have no wrestling/takedowns and just bombs away!!

Earl

Why would JDS do any better against Overeem than he did against a healthy Cain?
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote:Cain did what he did against Lesnar & Silva. Hurt them & then mauled them into defeat. Give credit to JDS for hanging in there & trying something/anything. What I appreciated the most was Cain never stopped trying to take him down. He was f'n relentless for 5 rounds. Even when JDS got away & Cain was holding onto a foot, he got right back up & tried again.
It's funny how a person's perception of a fight can change based on one moment or round in a fight. I started watching the fight and missed most of the first and part of the second round when my internet connection went out. I only saw the beginning with Cain missing really bad on his takedowns and from 2 minutes into the second until the end. i honestly didn't think what I saw of the fight at the time was all that great. I went back to watch it from the beginning today and it changed the complexion of the fight after seeing Cain drop Junior in the context of the fight.

Watching the fight though, I couldn't help but think that Cain basically did the Sonnen game plan he used against Silva....pressure, throw, and takedown.

Does Cain not know how to do a rear naked choke? It was available all throughout the fight. Not sure why he never went for it.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

yeahbuddy wrote:

Earl
Overeem will throw in some hefty kicks like the one he used to take out Lesnar.
I see JDS winning that fight. But the only way it happens is if he Overeem loses his next fight. But yeah, I want to see JDS/Overeem go at it as well.
JDS/Overeem will basically break down as to who hits who first! It's been awhile since we've seen Overeem tagged so it's hard to say if this version of him can take a JDS shot which few can. Also hard to say who has the better ground game as both guys in the last 5-6 years have spent very little time on the ground due them ko'ng most of their foes.
tin00can wrote:

Earl

Why would JDS do any better against Overeem than he did against a healthy Cain?
I would say JDS has a better chance with Overeem as Overeem isn't nearly as good of a wrestler as Cain and that's what killed JDS last night IMO. Not to say Overeem isn't a good wrestler as with his massive size/strength he's probably decent at holding you down but it's getting JDS down that will be hard for him.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

You'll see Cain fighting Overeem before JDS does. Unless Overeem loses to Silva. I don't see that happening though. But nobody thought JDS was going to get his ass handed to him like he did last night. So, anything can happen.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

yeahbuddy wrote:You'll see Cain fighting Overeem before JDS does. Unless Overeem loses to Silva. I don't see that happening though. But nobody thought JDS was going to get his ass handed to him like he did last night. So, anything can happen.
Oh yeah, I mean I think Overeem will beat Big Foot but Big Foot is better than most people give him credit for. All depends on which version shows up as some fights like the Fedor fight he looked great(people might argue Fedor looked bad)but against Cain he looked slow and almost uninterested which would be a disaster against Overeem. I'll say this, if Overeem throws a bomb and misses much like Fedor did and Big Foot lands on top of him it will be very interesting too see if Overeem can get out of that position? He won't be able to rely on just strength along as Big Foot might be the only guy in the division who could rival Overeem in terms of size and human mass.

Earl
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Earl Skakel wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:You'll see Cain fighting Overeem before JDS does. Unless Overeem loses to Silva. I don't see that happening though. But nobody thought JDS was going to get his ass handed to him like he did last night. So, anything can happen.
Oh yeah, I mean I think Overeem will beat Big Foot but Big Foot is better than most people give him credit for. All depends on which version shows up as some fights like the Fedor fight he looked great(people might argue Fedor looked bad)but against Cain he looked slow and almost uninterested which would be a disaster against Overeem. I'll say this, if Overeem throws a bomb and misses much like Fedor did and Big Foot lands on top of him it will be very interesting too see if Overeem can get out of that position? He won't be able to rely on just strength along as Big Foot might be the only guy in the division who could rival Overeem in terms of size and human mass.

Earl
What changed the Cain/Silva fight was the massive cut that Silva got. The take down that Cain got at the very beginning was a thing of beauty. It happened dang fast. But that cut changed the fight big time.
I felt sorry for Silva because of the way he was reacting to it.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I don't know about "getting his ass handed to him" but I was was sure that Cain was going to dominate the fight. I admit I thought JDS would do better, though.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Earl Skakel wrote:

Earl
Cain is a horrible matchup for Big Foot as he's just too fast and speed is the major skill Big Foot lacks. Overeem isn't slow by any stretch but nobody in the heavyweight division that I've seen has Cain's speed.

Earl
What changed the Cain/Silva fight was the massive cut that Silva got. The take down that Cain got at the very beginning was a thing of beauty. It happened dang fast. But that cut changed the fight big time.
I felt sorry for Silva because of the way he was reacting to it.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

I hear that as late as today they were still trying to pry Joe Rogan's lips from Cain's sphincter. Jesus Cheeerist, I was about to mute my goddamned TV with all the man-crush gushing he was doing. I was hoping JDS would knock Cain out just to watch Rogan eat crow (as he's done lots of times in the past)
Honestly, I was more amazed at JDS hanging in there the whole fight (after that first round) and Cain not being able to finish him than the "mauling" he gave JDS. I wonder if JDS will offer up a menu of excuses like Cain did the first time out? :wink:
Rematch.

And Joe Lauzon is a tough mofo.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Anybody watching the last strike force show this weekend? It's a free showtime weekend too. Outside of Melendez and rockhold, pretty much all the name fighters are on. Should be entertaining... Hoping for at least one upset in the mismatched main card
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anybody watching the last strike force show this weekend? It's a free showtime weekend too. Outside of Melendez and rockhold, pretty much all the name fighters are on. Should be entertaining... Hoping for at least one upset in the mismatched main card
I am.
I'm going to miss Strikeforce.
Its good to see Bellator going to Spike. I don't get Mtv2 so was never able to watch the fights live on that channel.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Eddie Alvarez is coming to the UFC and is getting an immediate title shot and PPV cut
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/e ... r-view-cut
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anybody watching the last strike force show this weekend? It's a free showtime weekend too. Outside of Melendez and rockhold, pretty much all the name fighters are on. Should be entertaining... Hoping for at least one upset in the mismatched main card

Nate Marquardt says "you're welcome."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Am I missing something?
Is Cormier that good? People have been talking this guy up like he is the next coming of Christ.
I do like what he said after the fight. To the point without over doing it.
Overall, the night was weak. Wish was more entertaining being it was Strike Force's swan song.
Where was the main commentator? The goofy guy.
If Barnett comes back to the UFC they need to put him against a fighter that will clean his clock & get him the f' out. He's a douchebag.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

yeahbuddy wrote:Am I missing something?
Is Cormier that good? People have been talking this guy up like he is the next coming of Christ.
Overall, the night was weak. Wish was more entertaining being it was Strike Force's swan song.
If Barnett comes back to the UFC they need to put him against a fighter that will clean his clock & get him the f' out. He's a douchebag.

Cormier is gonna get creamed in the UFC. After all that talk about how good he was and how the guy he was facing wasn't gonna last the first round, and he made it almost through the second. Cormier just looked like a chubby schlub that couldn't put enough on his punches to finish his opponent.

I think Barnett was just enjoying his moment, knowing it will be his last. That said, yeah...douche.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tin00can wrote:

Cormier is gonna get creamed in the UFC. After all that talk about how good he was and how the guy he was facing wasn't gonna last the first round, and he made it almost through the second. Cormier just looked like a chubby schlub that couldn't put enough on his punches to finish his opponent.

I think Barnett was just enjoying his moment, knowing it will be his last. That said, yeah...douche.
That's what I thought about Cormier. I don't see anything special. He will be a middle of the pack heavyweight & good luck against Jon Jones. Although it will be interesting to see Jones & chubby schlub wrestle each other, once Jones starts raining down those elbows its going to be nasty.
Was Nate the Great's leg a mess or what? Ouch!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:
tin00can wrote:

That's what I thought about Cormier. I don't see anything special. He will be a middle of the pack heavyweight & good luck against Jon Jones. Although it will be interesting to see Jones & chubby schlub wrestle each other, once Jones starts raining down those elbows its going to be nasty.
Was Nate the Great's leg a mess or what? Ouch!
I see it that Cormier was just biding his time. He had 2 hand surgeries last year and stated he was a little tentative to throw the right. I just don't think he wanted to hurt his hand against the mma scrub equivalent of the Brooklyn brawler, doink, or iron mike sharp before getting his shot in the UFC. If you're on the fence about him, watch the Bigfoot and Barnett fights
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I see it that Cormier was just biding his time. He had 2 hand surgeries last year and stated he was a little tentative to throw the right. I just don't think he wanted to hurt his hand against the mma scrub equivalent of the Brooklyn brawler, doink, or iron mike sharp before getting his shot in the UFC. If you're on the fence about him, watch the Bigfoot and Barnett fights
I hope you are right. Having the heavyweight div. kick ass is a good thing.
Although I do not think much of Barnett, & as Cain showed & Overeem will show in a couple of weeks Silva is nothing but a very big tin can.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

So ... Bisping or Belfort? I like both but would love to see vitor ko him. If bisping wins, he gets a shot at silva. It would be fun to see what matrix move silva would ko him with
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
John Simon Ritchie

EddieVanHeineken wrote:So ... Bisping or Belfort? I like both but would love to see vitor ko him. If bisping wins, he gets a shot at silva. It would be fun to see what matrix move silva would ko him with
I used to like Bisping, but I hope Belfort KOs his cocky ass.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Rooting for Bisping. I would like to see somebody else take a shot at Silva.
He's worked his way up the ladder to get a crack at him. Could he beat Silva? No, but you never know.
The rest of the card? Could care less.
After tonight & through April there is nothing but great fight cards coming up. Hopefully the injury bug will take a vacation.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

I guess silva is gonna be waiting a while... Unless he fights weidman. Happy for Belfort though
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:I guess silva is gonna be waiting a while... Unless he fights weidman. Happy for Belfort though
Weidman is on the shelf isn't he? Yeah, who is there for Silva to fight?
That kick to Bisping's head was the kick version of what Dan Henderson did to Bisping when he knocked him out with the "H" bomb. Never knew what hit him.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Unexpected ending to the Vitor fight. The high kick I mean, no one in their right mind would ever think Bisping wouldn't get finished early.

Vitor is bat shit crazy though. Dude's totally fucked in the head, seems like someone who would beat you to death if you implied that Noah's ark story seems far fetched.
I should know better than to listen to his speeches.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

mullet_head wrote:Unexpected ending to the Vitor fight. The high kick I mean, no one in their right mind would ever think Bisping wouldn't get finished early.

Vitor is bat shit crazy though. Dude's totally fucked in the head, seems like someone who would beat you to death if you implied that Noah's ark story seems far fetched.
I should know better than to listen to his speeches.
What's silly is he wants to fight Jones again. Get to the back of the line buddy.
My take is if you lose a championship fight or fight like tonight, you go to the back of the line.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Right. If he called out Silva, sure, but why Jones, is he out of his mind? Go fight Machida or Hendo if you want a shot in that division, what the hell...
John Simon Ritchie

Bisping...no excuses, very gracious. Good on 'im.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

mullet_head wrote:Right. If he called out Silva, sure, but why Jones, is he out of his mind? Go fight Machida or Hendo if you want a shot in that division, what the hell...
Maybe because he had the Jones fight won if he would've followed through & snapped Jone's arm in half. Instead when he heard/felt Jone's arm pop he let off & Jones survived & ended up beating his ass.
Same with Machida. He had that good round & put some fear into Jones, so he thinks he knows what it takes to beat him. Yeah, right!
Back of the line buddy!
BD888
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BD888 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
mullet_head wrote:Right. If he called out Silva, sure, but why Jones, is he out of his mind? Go fight Machida or Hendo if you want a shot in that division, what the hell...
Maybe because he had the Jones fight won if he would've followed through & snapped Jone's arm in half. Instead when he heard/felt Jone's arm pop he let off & Jones survived & ended up beating his ass.
Same with Machida. He had that good round & put some fear into Jones, so he thinks he knows what it takes to beat him. Yeah, right!
Back of the line buddy!
Anderson Silva vs. Rashad Evans would be a good fight. Evans needs to be winning some fights at Middleweight, give him a few contenders in quick succession then push for the titile