The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by Indy_Rob »

Went to a local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the fights last night. My thoughts:

- Meisha Tate pulled out a good win. She was in trouble in the first round but pulled ahead in 2 and 3. Good for her.

- Al Iaquinta is a bad MF! I didn't know what to expect going into that fight, but damn, he gave Joe Lauzon one hell of a beating. That dude is dangerous!

- Gastelum / Woodley should have been awesome but was a complete snorefest. Both of them were so tentative and afraid to engage that nothing ever happened. What should have been an explosive fight turned into one of the most boring ones I've ever watched.

- Silva / Diaz - see Gastelum/Woodley above - Boring. What should have been a brawl turned into 2 guys dancing around the octagon, too afraid to engage. I can't believe a Silva fight went 5 rounds and no one ever went to the ground. Diaz was over the top with the taunting during the first round but nothing became of it one way or the other. Very disappointing fight.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Indy_Rob wrote:Went to a local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the fights last night. My thoughts:

- Meisha Tate pulled out a good win. She was in trouble in the first round but pulled ahead in 2 and 3. Good for her.

- Al Iaquinta is a bad MF! I didn't know what to expect going into that fight, but damn, he gave Joe Lauzon one hell of a beating. That dude is dangerous!

- Gastelum / Woodley should have been awesome but was a complete snorefest. Both of them were so tentative and afraid to engage that nothing ever happened. What should have been an explosive fight turned into one of the most boring ones I've ever watched.

- Silva / Diaz - see Gastelum/Woodley above - Boring. What should have been a brawl turned into 2 guys dancing around the octagon, too afraid to engage. I can't believe a Silva fight went 5 rounds and no one ever went to the ground. Diaz was over the top with the taunting during the first round but nothing became of it one way or the other. Very disappointing fight.

Pretty much agree with everything you said except didn't watch at BWW :wink:

McMann blew it big time. At her age & this loss no chance she ever gets a title shot again. Tate is living in fantasy land if she thinks she will fight Rousey again for the belt. If so, no way would it be ppv. Only chance is if Zingano beats Rousey (which is possible). My concern with Zingano is she always starts off slow. Can't do that against the champ.

They need to stop putting Woodley as a co main event fighter. This is 2 maybe 3 stinkers in a row. And it won't happen because ufc has too much money invested, but they should cut Gastelum. 10 pounds over? Cut him, let him get his head on straight, win some fights, come back.

It was great to see Al Iaquinta step up the way he did.
He took Lauzon's best shot & took him out. Lauzon looked
confused as hell when he threw his best shots with no damage
whatsoever. He didn't know what to do.

Main event- it was an intriguing fight, but by the 3rd rd it settled
in as the fight it was going to be & was flat.
To be honest they could've called it a draw & that would have been
alright by me. Diaz wanted a brawl, but Silva wouldn't do it so the
fight was what it was. Silva did not dominate in any way whatsoever.

Belfort is a pussy
& Ben Henderson is the man for stepping up & saving the card in
Colorado.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Silva is washed up. Diaz was stoned out of his mind in that fight. He didn't give a fuck. Surprised he was not munching out on a Big Mac between rounds. This fight set up the Silva vs GSP battle of the washups super match that UFC has been teasing for a few years. It will be a 5 round snooze fest and a split decision going to Silva who will then retire. Look for it in late 2015.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Main event- it was an intriguing fight, but by the 3rd rd it settled
in as the fight it was going to be & was flat.
To be honest they could've called it a draw & that would have been
alright by me.
Diaz wanted a brawl, but Silva wouldn't do it so the
fight was what it was. Silva did not dominate in any way whatsoever.
That never occurred to me, but yeah, you're right. In all the years I've been watching UFC, I've never seen a fight result in a draw. I'd say this was one that should have.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Indy_Rob wrote: That never occurred to me, but yeah, you're right. In all the years I've been watching UFC, I've never seen a fight result in a draw. I'd say this was one that should have.
They've had a few big fights result in draws. BJ Penn vs Fitch, BJ Penn vs Uno, a few others.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Indy_Rob wrote: That never occurred to me, but yeah, you're right. In all the years I've been watching UFC, I've never seen a fight result in a draw. I'd say this was one that should have.
They've had a few big fights result in draws. BJ Penn vs Fitch, BJ Penn vs Uno, a few others.
Yeah,
there's been a few, but the was the BIG return of Anderson Silva & no way it would have ended in a draw.

It's sad to say but the only way Diaz was going to win that fight was if he beat the living crap out of Silva. Silva wasn't going to let that happen. Anytime he felt Diaz was getting his way he got the hell out of there.

Honestly hope Silva calls it a day. The guy is the classiest of class acts & with this win he can say he went out a winner. I would've hated to see his last fight be the Weidman fight laying on the ground with a broken leg.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

diaz is obviously a top class entertainer but a mediocre faggot fighter. probably the most overrated fighter in ufc history. raising his hands after losing five rounds.

yeahbuddy is Diaz' butt penetrating buddy
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

yeahbuddy wrote: Cut him, let him get his head on straight, win some fights, come back.
Why the fuck would they cut him? That's extremely ignorant of you to say. Dude was injured, it's not like he did it on purpose. He has 1 close loss against a top 5 WW fighter when he was injured and he's still growing as a fighter. He puts on exciting matches all the time, not everyone can be 100% all the time.

Give the fighters a break sometimes, dude. They're people with jobs their trying to keep (most of the time while working through injuries) and their also trying to still be coherent when they retire. It's really not yours or anyone else's place to say someone should fight in a more exciting style. If you don't like that there is an occasional boring match, you should stop watching. Most football games bore the shit out of me, but the Superbowl was extremely exciting. That doesn't mean the next time I see a boring game that the losing team should all lose their jobs.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

slash4pres wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote: Cut him, let him get his head on straight, win some fights, come back.
Why the fuck would they cut him? That's extremely ignorant of you to say. Dude was injured, it's not like he did it on purpose. He has 1 close loss against a top 5 WW fighter when he was injured and he's still growing as a fighter. He puts on exciting matches all the time, not everyone can be 100% all the time.

Give the fighters a break sometimes, dude. They're people with jobs their trying to keep (most of the time while working through injuries) and their also trying to still be coherent when they retire. It's really not yours or anyone else's place to say someone should fight in a more exciting style. If you don't like that there is an occasional boring match, you should stop watching. Most football games bore the shit out of me, but the Superbowl was extremely exciting. That doesn't mean the next time I see a boring game that the losing team should all lose their jobs.
oh here's another faggot for Diaz. tell me did Condit knock down
gsp, yes or no?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:

Its my opinion & I can voice it if I want to.
They cut Anthony Johnson because of his weight cutting practices. He got his head on straight, came back, and is better than ever.
This guy has had a problem cutting weight. If not mistaken, this is not the first time he has not made weight. Its 10 lbs dumb ass!!! Its not like a pound or two or not even 5. 10 lbs is basically saying he didn't do it properly.
What's funny about Gastelum & proves he's not the brightest bulb is he wouldn't hire the one guy that does the weight cut for many of the top fighter because he was too expensive. Well, he misses weight & has to forfeit 30% of his purse. Jokes on him I guess.

He puts on exciting fights all the time? What the fuck are you talking about? How many times has he fought in the ufc? Who are you talking about? There was nothing exciting about his fight with Uriah Hall. If
anything it was a surprise that he beat him.

This is the UFC. The big leagues! Fighters need to perform & perform when they are supposed to. If not, they get cut. You can go back 15 UFC events & count how many fighters are no longer in the UFC. It's not
just a couple of fighters.

The UFC is like any other sport but the speed of things is x 10. Jon Jones fought how many times before they gave him a chance at the belt? McGregor is being fast tracked to the belt in record time.

You think NFL teams keep players around that do not deliver?
At least with mma, they can go to another organization, get more
experience, and learn their lesson that they had it good in the UFC.

In regards to boring fights or not, how many times do the guys on this
site say "boring night of fights" etc etc? Plenty. I can go on plenty of
mma sites & they say the same thing. So, what's your point? To paint
a picture that it was a great night of fights when it wasn't? The days
of a great card every time is over. They've scheduled so many events
that there's always going to be stinkers. I'm cool with that.

So for you to say you shouldn't say this or this person has the right to
blah blah blah etc etc, whatever. You need to step back & shove an apple up your ass.

And you watching the Super Bowl? Who gives a rat's ass!!
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

You are like that loudest guy in the room that knows jack shit about what he's talking about, and makes everyone uncomfortable with how socially awkward you are.
Dipshit wrote: Its my opinion & I can voice it if I want to.
They cut Anthony Johnson because of his weight cutting practices. He got his head on straight, came back, and is better than ever.
Johnson missed weight 2 times as a welterweight and once as a middleweight. It's a terrible example because not only did he miss two weight classes, he did outstanding once he did what he should've done- move up.

I also honestly don't think that being cut should be the punishment. What the punishment is, and what they are doing to both Gastelum and Lineker is they are being forced to move up. If AJ was forced to move up to LHW than we would've gotten to see more good fights out of him.
JUST BLEED! wrote: This guy has had a problem cutting weight. If not mistaken, this is not the first time he has not made weight. Its 10 lbs dumb ass!!! Its not like a pound or two or not even 5. 10 lbs is basically saying he didn't do it properly.
No, you dumb cocksucker, that means he was too injured to cut weight. Being off by a couple pounds indicates you didn't try hard enough to cut it. AJ was injured when he was 13 pounds overweight, Rampage was injured when he was heavily overweight, and Gastelum was injured.
Needs to get the fuck off the internet wrote: What's funny about Gastelum & proves he's not the brightest bulb is he wouldn't hire the one guy that does the weight cut for many of the top fighter because he was too expensive. Well, he misses weight & has to forfeit 30% of his purse. Jokes on him I guess.
He would've given that to Dolce anyways had he hired him and successfully cut weight. Now he gets the wake up call to stay the fuck back at MW.
Anytime the fight goes to the ground for more than 5 seconds I complain that UFC is gay. wrote: He puts on exciting fights all the time? What the fuck are you talking about? How many times has he fought in the ufc? Who are you talking about? There was nothing exciting about his fight with Uriah Hall. If
anything it was a surprise that he beat him.
I guess you never saw him choke Ellenburger the fuck out or his fights with Story and Meloncon, because they were all really good entertaining fights
Lives in my mom's basement with extreme obesity but criticizes professional fighters wrote: This is the UFC. The big leagues! Fighters need to perform & perform when they are supposed to. If not, they get cut. You can go back 15 UFC events & count how many fighters are no longer in the UFC. It's not
just a couple of fighters.
And Gastelum was a number 7 ranked WW (now a 10), so why would you want to cut him? How can one say only the best are in the UFC when the number 10 guy in the world in that weightclass is somewhere else. Cutting a fighter becuase he's boring makes the UFC's claims to supremacy less credible. Askren would wipe the floor with most of the WW division, but his style is deemed too boring and thus doesn't have a contract (his mouth doesn't help him either. Cutting a young and up and coming fighter for a mistake that can be corrected like being overweight is self cannibalization, UFC needs to make sure the best guys in the world fight under their banner.
Hangs from Dana's allsack wrote:The UFC is like any other sport but the speed of things is x 10. Jon Jones fought how many times before they gave him a chance at the belt? McGregor is being fast tracked to the belt in record time.
Jones fought 6 people and wiped the floor with all for them before getting a shot, and only because Rashad was injured at the time. McGregor has fought 5 times before being granted a title shot, which ties him with Chad Mendes' 2nd run at the title for most fights before title shots. You're really just churning these terrible examples like verbal diarrhea today, aren't you?
I pee sitting down wrote: You think NFL teams keep players around that do not deliver?
At least with mma, they can go to another organization, get more
experience, and learn their lesson that they had it good in the UFC.
They don't cut people for having a boring game, nor do they immediately cut them for making a few bad plays.
I haven't seen my penis in years. Please God, kill me!!! wrote: In regards to boring fights or not, how many times do the guys on this
site say "boring night of fights" etc etc? Plenty. I can go on plenty of
mma sites & they say the same thing. So, what's your point? To paint
a picture that it was a great night of fights when it wasn't? The days
of a great card every time is over. They've scheduled so many events
that there's always going to be stinkers. I'm cool with that.
The majority of people on fight forums are douchebags like you that think fighters owe them something because they pirate illegal PPVS and watch them fight. What's your point.

You really should just shut your mouth when you have no idea what you're saying. People will still assume that you're retarded, but at least you won't give them ammunition.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Just saw online that BOTH Silva and Diaz failed their drug tests. Silva for PED metabolites. Diaz for marijuana.

I would expect those results from Diaz, but not Silva.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/anderson-s ... --mma.html
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Diaz was stoned out of his mind in that fight. Silva has always been a juicer and a cheater. Time to hang it up.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Diaz was stoned out of his mind in that fight.
Not saying you're wrong, but how can you draw that conclusion? I think the last thing he needs during a fight is to have his senses slowed down.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Indy_Rob wrote:
Not saying you're wrong, but how can you draw that conclusion? I think the last thing he needs during a fight is to have his senses slowed down.
Asking the corner man for a Big Mac was a give away.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Indy_Rob wrote:
Asking the corner man for a Big Mac was a give away.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Diaz was stoned out of his mind in that fight. Silva has always been a juicer and a cheater. Time to hang it up.
you never know for sure but my theory is that Silva has used steroids and peds throughout his career mostly to maintain muscle and strength during weight cutting. look at his body, he is as cut as is humanly possible.

I am now convinced that GSP has been juicing throughout his career. he trains at a shady gym and just look at him! to me that is the steroid look, much more so that Silva's look

it also.makes.it definitive to me.that Jon Jones is the greatest mma fighter of all time....that is, as long ad he isn't caught doing peds and steroids.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

FullDJacket wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Diaz was stoned out of his mind in that fight. Silva has always been a juicer and a cheater. Time to hang it up.
you never know for sure but my theory is that Silva has used steroids and peds throughout his career mostly to maintain muscle and strength during weight cutting. look at his body, he is as cut as is humanly possible.

I am now convinced that GSP has been juicing throughout his career. he trains at a shady gym and just look at him! to me that is the steroid look, much more so that Silva's look

it also.makes.it definitive to me.that Jon Jones is the greatest mma fighter of all time....that is, as long ad he isn't caught doing peds and steroids.

I hope i'm wrong , but i think that they are all on PED's.
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

I enjoyed the fights last night. That Polish girl is awesome.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

WolfgangVonPage wrote:I enjoyed the fights last night. That Polish girl is awesome.
Yeah,
its always interesting when a very favored champion gets his/her
ass handed to them, and that's what happened last night.

I watched the championship fights again today & both fights had
one hit that changed the fight.
In the Pettis fight it was a left & when it happened you could tell
it bothered Pettis because he kept rubbing it. From that point (&
that was early), it was downhill.
In the Esparza fight, she got nailed by an elbow & she never
recovered, she was on autopilot. That was an embarrassing fight to watch.
WolfgangVonPage

My fucking god do I ever want to fuck Paige Van Zant. I believe she fights too.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

This guy is the biggest pussy in mma. First he grabs the hair of his opponent then he takes a headbutt and.....ouch my eye hurts, stop the fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5PeqBI6p1E
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

FullDJacket wrote:This guy is the biggest pussy in mma. First he grabs the hair of his opponent then he takes a headbutt and.....ouch my eye hurts, stop the fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5PeqBI6p1E
The biggest pussy in mma? Unless you've stepped in the cage yourself, he's still 10 times the man you are
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

4/4 fights
Another bullshit decision. Al Iaquinta lost all three rounds (though it's not impossible that he might have won round 2) and they gave him the win.
The crowd booed him and he went into a profanity laced hissy fit telling the audience they better not be booing him. He cussed some more and walked out on the interviewer.
WolfgangVonPage

Cro-Cop done good. That cut on Gonzaga will take a few stitches.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

WolfgangVonPage wrote:Cro-Cop done good. That cut on Gonzaga will take a few stitches.
A few hundred. That was nasty!!
Cro Cop has a nice one above his eye as well.

How impressive was that arm bar that one girl sunk in?
It looks like all the good women straw weights weren't on the
ultimate fighter show.
WolfgangVonPage

Could 12 gauge be legit? I am kind of torn. I was kinda hoping she would be the next "Gauge".
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

So,
everyone is buying this weekend's ppv, right?
Wrong! I'm not buying it to make a point.
And that point being can't charge 60 bucks for
a shit card that should be a Fox Sports 1 broadcast.
When Rampage is the co main you know you got problems.
Its gonna be funny to see how Joe Rogan spins this card.
WolfgangVonPage

The fight is in Montreal. I doubt Rogan will call it. I don't think I have ever heard him do a fight outside of the US.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

WolfgangVonPage wrote:The fight is in Montreal. I doubt Rogan will call it. I don't think I have ever heard him do a fight outside of the US.
Really?
Didn't know that.
I prefer Stann or Ken Flo.
Read today ufc cut the arena in half because of poor ticket sales.
Mighty Mouse is a stud, but guy can't sell tickets or ppv events.
Invicta fights tomorrow night.