The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by brotherplanet »

yeahbuddy wrote:Watched the fight again. Things were going fine for McGregor until Diaz hit him with a left. From that point on, it was all downhill.
Got to give McGregor credit moving up 2 weight classes to fight. And in defeat the guy was gracious. Not a poor sport or made excuses at all.

Jose Aldo is the chump of the year. Immediately after the fight he goes on twitter to call McGregor a pussy. Yeah right, when RDA pulled out, Aldo
was the first phone call & he passed. Who is the real pussy?

Holy shit, what a fucking bitch.

You see the post fight press conference after McGegor took a whole 13 second to end Aldo? He was even gracious in victory and said he wished the fight went on longer and that Aldo was a great champion (or fighter - forget which word he used)

This is one of the reasons I think it's all an act in order to hype a fight, which is fine... Hell... It makes for a damn fun time during the build up to a fight.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
WolfgangVonPage wrote:During the women's match Goldberg states something to the effect "I wonder how Rhonda is feeling watching this fight" My thought was that Rhonda is so fucked in the head now that she isn't even watching the fight.
Then fuckhead texts her the results?
And she says she better get back to work? I hope Meisha breaks Rhonda even further.
Yeah Rousey wasn't watching the fight. Hope Tate defends the title against her. So much of the fight had Joe Rogan talking about Rousey. It is like shut the fuck up already.
Goldberg always says something stupid. Rogan's contract is up later this year. Hopefully the ufc brass does not renew him or decides to walk. I would rather listen Brian Stann &
Kenny Florian than Rogan. And while they are at it let Goldberg walk as well.

I would love to see Tate take out Rousey.
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

yeahbuddy wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
WolfgangVonPage wrote:During the women's match Goldberg states something to the effect "I wonder how Rhonda is feeling watching this fight" My thought was that Rhonda is so fucked in the head now that she isn't even watching the fight.
Then fuckhead texts her the results?
And she says she better get back to work? I hope Meisha breaks Rhonda even further.
Yeah Rousey wasn't watching the fight. Hope Tate defends the title against her. So much of the fight had Joe Rogan talking about Rousey. It is like shut the fuck up already.
Goldberg always says something stupid. Rogan's contract is up later this year. Hopefully the ufc brass does not renew him or decides to walk. I would rather listen Brian Stann &
Kenny Florian than Rogan. And while they are at it let Goldberg walk as well.

I would love to see Tate take out Rousey.
Quite awhile ago Rogan said he was leaving anyway. It's not that he's unhappy, he loves this shit, but he wants to do other stuff.
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

I don't mind Joe per se, but he does get a little "one tracked" at times. LOL. Getting off of Rhonda's cock seems a little hard for him. A change would be nice. I do like Florian's commentating. Goldberg is less than useless at this point.

Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

yeahbuddy wrote:Watched the fight again. Things were going fine for McGregor until Diaz hit him with a left. From that point on, it was all downhill.
im now convinced that u are blind. gregor had a huge problem with diaz' reach advantage the entire fight. he was only landing soft shots to diaz' bleeding right eye
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

FullDJacket wrote:
im now convinced that u are blind. gregor had a huge problem with diaz' reach advantage the entire fight. he was only landing soft shots to diaz' bleeding right eye
Shut the fuck up. I commented one aspect of the fight. McGregor was winning the fight. You're saying that the huge problem was the reach? Are you a moron? Soft shots? Did you see Diaz's
face after the fight? His face was all banged up. McGregor had a couple of marks & that's it. At the post fight conference McGregor even said it himself that he nailed Diaz
with some shots that other fighters would've wilted, but Diaz did not. Add McGregor getting tired from trying to land the home run punch & Diaz nailing him with that left, and it was all
down hill. Watch the fight again moron & maybe you will look at it different. But I doubt it because my guess is you are a McGregor hater, and will see what you want to see.
Soft shots my ass.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote:
FullDJacket wrote:
Shut the fuck up. I commented one aspect of the fight. McGregor was winning the fight. You're saying that the huge problem was the reach? Are you a moron? Soft shots? Did you see Diaz's
face after the fight? His face was all banged up. McGregor had a couple of marks & that's it. At the post fight conference McGregor even said it himself that he nailed Diaz
with some shots that other fighters would've wilted, but Diaz did not. Add McGregor getting tired from trying to land the home run punch & Diaz nailing him with that left, and it was all
down hill. Watch the fight again moron & maybe you will look at it different. But I doubt it because my guess is you are a McGregor hater, and will see what you want to see.
Soft shots my ass.
Both of the Diaz brothers faces are covered in scar tissue. That cuts easier. Yes, Connor was connecting and won the first round. But, he wasn't hurting Diaz. Those punches were a walk in the park for Diaz considering who he trains with daily.

Let's not get carried away with saying Connor moved up two weight classes. He moved up to fight a lightweight and they both just didn't cut weight for the fight. It was even. IMO, the advantage going into this fight was Connor's bc he had a full camp. Diaz did not. We got to see in this fight exactly why Connor cuts so much weight to fight at featherweight. He needs to have the size adantage. Once that was nulled and he felt the power of a true lightweight, he couldn't handle it, and as he said himself, he went into panic mode.

All respect to him for taking the fight and not pulling a Jon Jones. I was actually surprised he said he went into panic mode, for as confident as he is in himself. Many fighters wouldn't admit that.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:

All respect to him for taking the fight and not pulling a Jon Jones. I was actually surprised he said he went into panic mode, for as confident as he is in himself. Many fighters wouldn't admit that.

It's an act. He's better at promoting himself than he is a mixed martial artist. If he's not on the attack, he's lost.

He's the classic bully. Talking shit like crazy to defeat guys mentally before the fight starts. Nate wasn't having any of that shit. Also, Nate is a true mixed martial artist. You could see during the week leading up to the fight, that Nate didn't necessarily get in his head as much as let him know he wasn't affected by his head games.

McGregor was all hype. Pushed by Dana because people were spending money the more shit the guy talked.

Beats Aldo with a lucky punch.
Beat Mendes on two weeks preparation. Mendes showed how you beat McGregor, get him on his back. He's a fucking turtle. Nate called it by the way.
Beat some German dude Siver who's known for getting beat by Cerrone and Cub Swanson. Somehow it's decided he's God and deserves to jump over the top 10 in the division to face Aldo (See lucky punch above).
Beat Holloway 5 round decision.
He skipped over Edgar, Mendes on a full camp, Pettis, Swanson...???
He beat a few other guys that were top ten ranked I believe. But to skip the top 5?

Can't hate him for making a shit ton of money in a short time on hype. But if you're in bar about to get in a fight, do you want McGregor having your back or Nate Diaz? Nate loves to fight, McGregor uses fighting to make money. Looks like the guy has no heart.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Conor's striking is somewhat overrated. He doesn't have half the speed of 'Wonderboy'.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:

It's an act. He's better at promoting himself than he is a mixed martial artist. If he's not on the attack, he's lost.

He's the classic bully. Talking shit like crazy to defeat guys mentally before the fight starts. Nate wasn't having any of that shit. Also, Nate is a true mixed martial artist. You could see during the week leading up to the fight, that Nate didn't necessarily get in his head as much as let him know he wasn't affected by his head games.

McGregor was all hype. Pushed by Dana because people were spending money the more shit the guy talked.

Beats Aldo with a lucky punch.
Beat Mendes on two weeks preparation. Mendes showed how you beat McGregor, get him on his back. He's a fucking turtle. Nate called it by the way.
Beat some German dude Siver who's known for getting beat by Cerrone and Cub Swanson. Somehow it's decided he's God and deserves to jump over the top 10 in the division to face Aldo (See lucky punch above).
Beat Holloway 5 round decision.
He skipped over Edgar, Mendes on a full camp, Pettis, Swanson...???
He beat a few other guys that were top ten ranked I believe. But to skip the top 5?

Can't hate him for making a shit ton of money in a short time on hype. But if you're in bar about to get in a fight, do you want McGregor having your back or Nate Diaz? Nate loves to fight, McGregor uses fighting to make money. Looks like the guy has no heart.
I'm not a Conor fan, but I think you're being a bit harsh!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

I stormed in and put it all on the line. I took a shot and missed.
I will never apologize for taking a shot.
Shit happens.
I'll take this loss like a man. I will not shy away from it. I will not change who I am. If another champion goes up 2 weights let me know.
If your tired of me talking money, take a nap.
I'll still be here when you wake up with the highest PPV and the gate. Still talking multi 7's.
Thank you to the true support and fuck the hate that came out of the woodwork. I love it all. Its still steak for breakfast.
I've been here many times in my life in some form or another. I'll eat it all and come back stronger.
Aldo you are a pussy. Dos anjos you are a pussy.
When the history books are written, I showed up. You showed up on Twitter.
To the fans! Never ever shy away from challenges. Never run from adversity. Face yourself head on.
Nate I will see you again.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/6/111 ... e-who-i-am
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

Aaahh, good old Mark Hunt.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WolfgangVonPage wrote:Aaahh, good old Mark Hunt.
Classic.

Meh on the Diaz/Connor rematch for UFC200. I guess it will get the numbers so it makes sense, but I think that is a big mistake for Connor fighting against Diaz again!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

heres Chael Sonnen vs. Michael Bisping from Saturday for u. not sure if its real? hope nobody bet money on this fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5YKbkZgkRE
pieceofme wrote:
WolfgangVonPage wrote:Aaahh, good old Mark Hunt.
Classic.

Meh on the Diaz/Connor rematch for UFC200. I guess it will get the numbers so it makes sense, but I think that is a big mistake for Connor fighting against Diaz again!
agreed. if im conors manager im gonna tell him to kick kick kick. his boxng is great but
not good enough for him, to overcome the reach disadvantage.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Lookin like UFC 200 is gonna be a hell of a card.

Diaz/McGregor
Edgar/Aldo
Hendricks/Gastelum
Northcutt/Marin
Gomi/Miller
GSP/BJPenn (That shit right there is no doubt an April Fools deal)
Been reading they may be trying to add a women't title fight also?
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

burt1098 wrote:Lookin like UFC 200 is gonna be a hell of a card.

Diaz/McGregor
Edgar/Aldo
Hendricks/Gastelum
Northcutt/Marin
Gomi/Miller
GSP/BJPenn (That shit right there is no doubt an April Fools deal)
Been reading they may be trying to add a women't title fight also?

Penn isn't going to be fighting any time soon. He's on hold due to pending legal issues. I'm sure they are trying to get GSP on the card. I don't think he'd want to be comain event if he did. He's headlined every card he's been on since after UFC 100 when he comained against Thiago.

They still haven't booked a comain event yet according to Dana.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Well McGregor tweets that he is retiring (although time frame as of yet). And then he is pulled from UFC200!

WTF is going on.

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

hype. bad decision. could be career suicide. he demanded a rematch and now is holding dana up for $10 million after TAPPING OUT in his last fight. that doesn't earn you a payday bitch.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

pieceofme wrote:Well McGregor tweets that he is retiring (although time frame as of yet). And then he is pulled from UFC200!

WTF is going on.

Attempt to get more money.
Lost the desire after watching that mma fight where the dude died a couple days later.
Was approached for a drug test unexpectedly and new he wouldn't pass it, so he retires as champ to come back another day.
He's hurt and knows he'll be laughed at after all the shit talk he did about others pulling out of fights.
He's had time to reflect and realizes he's out of his comfort zone fighting dudes bigger than him with more experience.

Choose the rumor you feel fits...Lol
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Quit UFC for NXT good choice
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Well McGregor tweets that he is retiring (although time frame as of yet). And then he is pulled from UFC200!

WTF is going on.

Attempt to get more money.
Lost the desire after watching that mma fight where the dude died a couple days later.
Was approached for a drug test unexpectedly and new he wouldn't pass it, so he retires as champ to come back another day.
He's hurt and knows he'll be laughed at after all the shit talk he did about others pulling out of fights.
He's had time to reflect and realizes he's out of his comfort zone fighting dudes bigger than him with more experience.

Choose the rumor you feel fits...Lol
:lol:

They are all good rumours.

brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

He outlined his objections to the promotional demands on him in a Facebook post Thursday, saying he planned to devote all his attention to training.
"I'm doing what I need for me now. It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way," he wrote.
"I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote. I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/sport/con ... xed-fight/

I think you're paid to do both, much the same way actors are expected to do the talk show circuit to promote their films. It's a packaged deal
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Whos the best pound for pound fighter in the world atm, is it demitrius johnson or jon jones? NO it's this mommas boy:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

brotherplanet wrote:He outlined his objections to the promotional demands on him in a Facebook post Thursday, saying he planned to devote all his attention to training.
"I'm doing what I need for me now. It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way," he wrote.
"I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote. I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting."

I think you're paid to do both, much the same way actors are expected to do the talk show circuit to promote their films. It's a packaged deal
What he is doing is drawing the distinction between their titles...he is a "fighter" and the UFC is the "promoter". The UFC gets the lions share of income with the fighters getting the "trickled down" income. He feels that he has done a better job of promoting his fights than the UFC has and therefore he should be accomodated as such.

The problem is with the UFC with fighters like him and Ronda, they are forced to have to to an inordinate amount of press compared to every other fighter. And they both have alluded to this having an effect on their preparation for their fights. I do agree with this. We do not actually see all the press they have to do. It's for sure a lot.

There has to be some understanding on UFC's part. That won't happen until there is some type of fighter's association that is able to negotiate on the fighter's behalf and moving things to a more even power and financial share.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

And now McGregor is announcing the fight is back on at UFC 200...Lol

Be interesting to see if UFC just shuts him down and says go away, we used you for all we could. We now have Jones/Cormier to headline 200. Enjoy your retirement.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
brotherplanet wrote:He outlined his objections to the promotional demands on him in a Facebook post Thursday, saying he planned to devote all his attention to training.

What he is doing is drawing the distinction between their titles...he is a "fighter" and the UFC is the "promoter". The UFC gets the lions share of income with the fighters getting the "trickled down" income. He feels that he has done a better job of promoting his fights than the UFC has and therefore he should be accomodated as such.

The problem is with the UFC with fighters like him and Ronda, they are forced to have to to an inordinate amount of press compared to every other fighter. And they both have alluded to this having an effect on their preparation for their fights. I do agree with this. We do not actually see all the press they have to do. It's for sure a lot.

There has to be some understanding on UFC's part. That won't happen until there is some type of fighter's association that is able to negotiate on the fighter's behalf and moving things to a more even power and financial share.

Really good response.

burt1098 wrote:And now McGregor is announcing the fight is back on at UFC 200...Lol

Be interesting to see if UFC just shuts him down and says go away, we used you for all we could. We now have Jones/Cormier to headline 200. Enjoy your retirement.

They're not done making money off of his back.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Should have just done the damn press conference and had the fight he is now pathetically begging for. Doesn't matter how many people react to a tweet, UFC called your bluff. They let everyone know you only get special treatment when you do what they say. Just like all the dancing chickens before you.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

She's back!! Don't blink!!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:She's back!! Don't blink!!
Man she destroyed Leslie Smith. No big surprise. Didn't even look like they were in the same league. She's crying because they called it early. But it was a good stoppage imo.

A pretty good card in Brazil. Shame Silva had to pull out.

Good on Bryan Barberena winning his fight. It was a good bout as well. I guess the UFC punishment for him beating Sage Northcutt backfired! lol

The Rua/Anderson fight could have been called either way. It being in Brazil probably had an input on the outcome.

Werdum was reckless and too busy goothing around. Nicely taken advantage of by Miocic.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:She's back!! Don't blink!!
Man she destroyed Leslie Smith. No big surprise. Didn't even look like they were in the same league. She's crying because they called it early. But it was a good stoppage imo.

A pretty good card in Brazil. Shame Silva had to pull out.

Good on Bryan Barberena winning his fight. It was a good bout as well. I guess the UFC punishment for him beating Sage Northcutt backfired! lol

The Rua/Anderson fight could have been called either way. It being in Brazil probably had an input on the outcome.

Werdum was reckless and too busy goothing around. Nicely taken advantage of by Miocic.
Yeah,
Werdum was way too busy goofing off. I was so sick of seeing him do that goofy face he thinks is funny. The only time I saw him serious throughout was during the weigh ins
when the two fighters squared off. Other than that, he was all smiles & laughs. Maybe he took Miocic too lately. Similar to the way Conor took Nate Diaz too lightly. And what
was he thinking chasing him around the cage with his head completely exposed like that?
Leslie Smith was lucky the ref stopped the fight. Next step would've been blood, a lot of blood. Cyborg's striking was so on point its crazy. I see Meisha Tate is calling Cyborg out,
but it has to be at 135. Cyborg would take out all of those ladies. Rousey, Holm, Tate, Zingano, Juliana Pena etc etc. Cyborg just needs to do what she is doing. Defend her Invicta
belt & fight whatever catch weight she is offered.
Speaking of Juliana Pena- I went to the Invicta Fights last weekend & she was there. Damn, that girl has a body on her. She dresses like a hoochie mama though.
Overall a good night of fights. Didn't miss Joe Rogan at all, not at all.