The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by burt1098 »

Watching that last fight, I thought to myself how I am watching the best fighters in the world. And then 6 months later another guy will come along and blow us all away. It's crazy how these guys just keep evolving and getting better and better.

McDonald easily beating Nate Diaz, having a great run, then gets beat by Lawler, takes a long layoff. Hendricks vs. St. Pierre, then two brawls with Lawler, then getting smoked by Thompson quickly. Lawler getting knocked out by Nick Diaz, then comes back to win the belt. Has the to brawls with Hendricks...Now we have Thompson, who are we gonna see 6 months a year down the road? Does Nick Diaz come back and show improvement? Is Cerrone for real at 170, or does he fold under pressure fighting top 5 guys?

Silva getting beat by Wiedman twice, then Rockhold appears, then Bisping puts him down in the 1st...wtf??? Who the hell saw Nate Diaz skyrocketing in popularity? McGregor...hell, he could be gone if he loses badly to Diaz again. He struggled to make 145 with the IV ban. Can he go back and fight at 145 for a couple years? Cause I don't think he breaks top 10 at 155 let alone 170. How long will Cruz hold the belt? Does Garabrandt (spelling?) move up and take him out?

I am loving watching UFC right now.

P.s. If you aren't aware, check out Liam McGeary in Bellator. He is the champ at 205 and coming back after knee surgery. Dude is badass with his jui jitsu and submissions. Pretty sure he has a fight end of Summer or this Fall.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:Well, the Thompson/MacDonald fight was underwhelming.

Wonderboy definitely deserves a title shot.

Cote got owned. Cerrone looked very impressive.

And Bosse/O'Connell was an epic brawl.

Jojo looked good. Ref should gave stopped the fight earlier.
Yeah,
a bit underwhelming. Rory looked like he couldn't figure out how to fight Wonder Boy. And everytime he tried something WB answered back + 1.
Hendricks had the same problem. He tried his go to moves, and when WB stuffed his take downs or didn't get hit, Hendricks pretty
much gave up & got taken out. Rory never gave up, but he could never solve the puzzle.
Rory is only 26, but its an old 26.
Cerrone looked really good. But as someone else mentioned let's see how he does with the top fighters in that division. I have much respect for the guy.
The JoJo/Valerie fight was weird. There must be a unwritten rule or maybe it is a rule that women are not allowed to hit or kick another woman's breasts.
There was that one time when Val got nailed in the chest & she looked at JoJo like "what are you doing" "whatever" and adjusted her top & bra. I could be wrong who knows.
The prelims sucked hard, but he main card made up for it big time.
Loved the tribute to Kimbo.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

While Wonderboy manages to keep the fight standing,I can't see anyone beating him.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Cyber Spirit wrote:While Wonderboy manages to keep the fight standing,I can't see anyone beating him.
I hope he wins the title. I really like him.

But I think he loses against Robbie Lawler. :x
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

pieceofme wrote:
Cyber Spirit wrote:While Wonderboy manages to keep the fight standing,I can't see anyone beating him.

He knocked out Hendricks who has a great chin.

Rory was extremely careful against Wonderboy, I don't think Lawler will fight like that.
I can see him getting picked off like Hendricks did. If it does get to the ground, Lawler will pound him though.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Cyber Spirit wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

He knocked out Hendricks who has a great chin.

Rory was extremely careful against Wonderboy, I don't think Lawler will fight like that.
I can see him getting picked off like Hendricks did. If it does get to the ground, Lawler will pound him though.
When was the last time a Lawler fight went to the ground?
In his last two or three fights Lawler was seriously hurt, but McDonald, Condit, & Hendricks couldn't take him out. I think it would
be different with Wonder Boy. But then again, this is MMA & as we all have seen anything can happen.

Meisha Tate might be the next fighter losing her belt. She's talking about fighting Cyborg. Has she forgot she has a fight against
Amanda Nunez in a couple of weeks? Nunez has a definite shot to beat Tate.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Only time I've seen Lawler in trouble is against Diaz (and that was a different Lawler), Hendricks both times (he gassed out in 4th and 5th rounds and still Hendricks with his wrestling background couldn't do anything to him) and as mentioned earlier against McDonald.

Lawler is now a God damn beast that is hard to bet against. If he fights Thompson, can Thompson frustrate him like Diaz did? Who knows, I'd be surprised but I'd pay $59.99 to watch it in HD.

Is it weird I'm excited to see Diaz/McGregor 2? And also hoping Nick Diaz starts fighting again?
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:Only time I've seen Lawler in trouble is against Diaz (and that was a different Lawler), Hendricks both times (he gassed out in 4th and 5th rounds and still Hendricks with his wrestling background couldn't do anything to him) and as mentioned earlier against McDonald.

Lawler is now a God damn beast that is hard to bet against. If he fights Thompson, can Thompson frustrate him like Diaz did? Who knows, I'd be surprised but I'd pay $59.99 to watch it in HD.

Is it weird I'm excited to see Diaz/McGregor 2? And also hoping Nick Diaz starts fighting again?
Yeah,
I love Lawler. He's got a great spirit as a fighter. I watched again his fight against Condit, and have to say it could've gone either way. I think what swung the judges was the last 2 or 3 minutes of the 5th rd.
Lawler went balls out & had Condit hurt.
Speaking of Condit- if/when he comes back it will probably be against Nick Diaz. That is if he comes back.
The Diaz/McGregor press conference has been added to International Fight Week in Vegas. God, I wish I could go!!! So many great fights!!! Money is tight this year.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Have you seen the card for 202?
It's sick!! Just as good if not better than 200-

Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor
Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira
Carlos Condit vs. Demian Maia
Donald Cerrone vs. Rick Story
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Neil Magny
Cody Garbrandt vs. Takeya Mizugaki
Sultan Aliev vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
Alberto Uda vs. Marvin Vettori
Raquel Pennington vs. Elizabeth Phillips
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:Have you seen the card for 202?

I saw Cerrone/Story and Johnson/Teixeira fights were added, but had no idea about the others. That is a great card.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Have you seen the card for 202?

I saw Cerrone/Story and Johnson/Teixeira fights were added, but had no idea about the others. That is a great card.
I read online that the UFC booked a lot of their heavy hitters within a month or so of each other so if the injury bug happens to 200, a fighter from
another one of the cards could step in. For example- Holly Holm is booked later in July. If something were to happen to either Zingano/Pena or Tate/Nunes,
Holly would be able to step in because she is training for her fight on the 23rd. Smart on their part.
So far been lucky that next week's fight haven't been hit.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Going to be such a great weekend!! Can't wait!
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:Going to be such a great weekend!! Can't wait!

Agreed. Card is so stacked, I may have to pinch myself.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Starting tomorrow with Nelson vs Lewis and RDA vs Alvarez, the next night with Joanna Champion Vs Gadhela and Will Brooks making his UFC debut, then all of 200...man it's gonna be crazy.

Some cards you look at and think it has the potential to be a bunch of snoozers. I can't imagine that happening for 200. The only fight on the main card that might be a let down IMO could be the Jones Cormier fight. It could be another wall and stall.

My picks are:
Cormier...I don't know why he isn't considered #2 P4P. He is the only guy who is undefeated in the division above the one he fights in and he's beaten the best in his current division...except for the p4p best guy.

Hunt...I'm hoping he gets the trademark Hunt walk off home run KO. Looking at him next to Lesnar at the presser today was crazy at the size differential. I think Hunto can do it.

Tate..she almost always finds a way to win. She's tenacious and hard to break.

Edgar...my home state guy. He has looked like a killer lately and I think he has continually gotten better each fight. Aldo I think is on the decline.

Velazquez....I don't like Travis. Something about the dude. If Cain is healthy he is going to grind Travis like JDS.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Starting tomorrow with Nelson vs Lewis and RDA vs Alvarez, the next night with Joanna Champion Vs Gadhela and Will Brooks making his UFC debut, then all of 200...man it's gonna be crazy.

Some cards you look at and think it has the potential to be a bunch of snoozers. I can't imagine that happening for 200. The only fight on the main card that might be a let down IMO could be the Jones Cormier fight. It could be another wall and stall.

My picks are:
Cormier...I don't know why he isn't considered #2 P4P. He is the only guy who is undefeated in the division above the one he fights in and he's beaten the best in his current division...except for the p4p best guy.

Hunt...I'm hoping he gets the trademark Hunt walk off home run KO. Looking at him next to Lesnar at the presser today was crazy at the size differential. I think Hunto can do it.

Tate..she almost always finds a way to win. She's tenacious and hard to break.

Edgar...my home state guy. He has looked like a killer lately and I think he has continually gotten better each fight. Aldo I think is on the decline.

Velazquez....I don't like Travis. Something about the dude. If Cain is healthy he is going to grind Travis like JDS.
Starting tomorrow, what a crazy weekend!

Love the RDA/Alvarez fight.

Joanna/Gadhela is sick. I can't wait for that fight. I thought Claudia won the first fight. I love Joanna, but my money (I don't bet) is on Gadhela.

I agree the only snoozer might be the Jones/Cormier fight. I'm rooting for Cormier, but gotta say Jones. I do hope Jones gets his ass handed to him.

Rooting for Edgar. Another great fight.

Not a fan of Browne either. Cain is going to maul him.

Fox card- Good to see Cat Zingano back in action. That's another killer fight. Pena is bad ass, but out of her league against Zingano. The only problem for Cat is she's been out
for over a year.

The size difference between Brock & Hunt was crazy. I knew Brock was big, but that was crazy. Hunt looked tiny standing next to him. If Brock can get him on the ground it will be over.
All Hunt needs is one clean shot & it will be lights out for Brock. The Hunt walk off knock outs are classics!

Lesnar had me laughing a bunch of times during the press conference. They should have named the press conference "Brock & Some Fighters" press conference.

Did you see the applause Ariel H. got before he asked his question? I bet Dana White felt a lightning rod up his ass on that.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

200 card too good to be true.
Figures Jones would be the one to fuck it up.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:200 card too good to be true.
Figures Jones would be the one to fuck it up.

As Nate Diaz would say..."I ain't Surprised motherfuckers..."
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

What makes me laugh is when they first took off the mcg Diaz 2 fight from this card and replaced it with dc jones 2, people said it wasn't good enough for ufc 200. Now it's taken off and people are saying the whole card sucks. Mma fans are insane. This is still one of the best cards they've done. It sucks not to have the fight, but that card, from top to bottom is worth the money imo
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:What makes me laugh is when they first took off the mcg Diaz 2 fight from this card and replaced it with dc jones 2, people said it wasn't good enough for ufc 200. Now it's taken off and people are saying the whole card sucks. Mma fans are insane. This is still one of the best cards they've done. It sucks not to have the fight, but that card, from top to bottom is worth the money imo

Difference being the fan base posting on MMA forums is x 1,000. Still the same retards like you are saying.

And honestly, that fight wasn't getting much interest from me. Eye pokes and leaning on each other on the fence...yawn...I'm still paying my $59.99 whether they announce a replacement for Cormier or not. It's a great f'ing card.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Hoooly SHIT! I always give Jon Jones the benefit of the doubt. He's a good guy, he has bible quotes on his body ffs. Ok he is on cocain, he makes a few mistakes in the heat of the moment.....now I guess he really does look like a miserable addict. He had a enormous payday coming and he couldn't stay away from the cocaine.

Somebody should compile a Jon Jones tribute to the tune of Buckcherry - Lit up and millions of dollars. :cry: :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cABZfkRcQ6A

Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I love cocaine. I love the cocaine. Dana, can you wait? Can you wait long?

:cry:
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:What makes me laugh is when they first took off the mcg Diaz 2 fight from this card and replaced it with dc jones 2, people said it wasn't good enough for ufc 200. Now it's taken off and people are saying the whole card sucks. Mma fans are insane. This is still one of the best cards they've done. It sucks not to have the fight, but that card, from top to bottom is worth the money imo
Well. Gustafsson says he's ready to take the fight. Real MMA-fans would love that re-match. The casuals would hate it.

You shouldn't talk shit about MMA-fans. Did you ever make one good prediction in this thread?
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

FullDJacket wrote:
Well. Gustafsson says he's ready to take the fight. Real MMA-fans would love that re-match. The casuals would hate it.

You shouldn't talk shit about MMA-fans. Did you ever make one good prediction in this thread?
I don't usually make predictions. I was just having a little fun with it...what do making silly predicitions have to do with irrational MMA fans?

They are talking Gustafsson and Bisping to fight dc. I just hop DC gets paid either way. It's unfair to that guy to put in all that work training, promoting, being away from family, and having the largest paycheck with PPV points coming his way, then just take that away from him at the last minute.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

All over twitter that Anderson Silva is possibly stepping in to fight DC....this is VERY interesting. Not sure what shape he would be in. I think he had some kind of surgery recently.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:All over twitter that Anderson Silva is possibly stepping in to fight DC....this is VERY interesting. Not sure what shape he would be in. I think he had some kind of surgery recently.

Gall Bladder removed May 13th. I'd love to see Gustafson go against Cormier.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Just confirmed ...Silva and DC. Definitely an interesting fun fight.

Just watched Alvarez destroy RDA...wasn't expecting that at all. Thought it would go to decision.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Nights like tonight are why I love this sport.
If Alvarez was going to beat RDA I thought he would have to grind out the win. Not even close. Wow!
How impressive was that?
Of course RDA wants a rematch. Hell no! Go win 2 or 3 fights, come back & let's talk.
Cormier vs Silva? Hmmm, don't know how I feel about that. Should be interesting. Love Anderson Silva!
The guy is a class act. I would love to see him pick Cormier apart.
Bisping & Silva are the ultimate company men.
Jon Jones is a hack! The UFC should cut bait on him & go let make a living in another promotion. More than likely
he will be suspended for 2 years. He is his own worst enemy.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Jon Jones is a hack!
Never thought I'd read that from an MMA fan. He's a lot of things, and definitely his own worst enemy, but why do say he's a hack? To me that term implies "not good" or "not talented."
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Indy_Rob wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
Jon Jones is a hack!
Never thought I'd read that from an MMA fan. He's a lot of things, and definitely his own worst enemy, but why do say he's a hack? To me that term implies "not good" or "not talented."
Seems like a misuse of the term to me too. Of course, he also called a showboating drug cheat a 'class-act'.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

demolition23 wrote:
Indy_Rob wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
Jon Jones is a hack!
Seems like a misuse of the term to me too. Of course, he also called a showboating drug cheat a 'class-act'.
Seriously?
You two are questioning the use of the word "hack"? Really?
Okay, maybe this will work, but please let me know. I want to make sure I am understood by you two.
Jon Jones is a fuck up, a dip shit, a moron, an ass hat etc etc etc. Does that work? Is that understood? Did you two notice
there isn't anything positive at all in any of those terms?

Hey 23, yeah Silva is a class act. I think you are the only person that follows the sport that doesn't think he is.
Drug cheat? The guy had a compound fracture. My guess is he probably used something to speed the healing process. I'm not a doctor so
don't know for sure, but that's my guess. It just so happened it had something illegal in it. Yeah, he got popped, and had to sit out a year
because of it.
Anderson is the GOAT. Nobody is close & now that Jones basically flushed his career down the toilet, he could never be considered as such.
The irony of it all is a fighter who was on his way to being considered the GOAT is now replaced by the actual GOAT.