The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by Indy_Rob »

yeahbuddy wrote:
demolition23 wrote:
Indy_Rob wrote: Never thought I'd read that from an MMA fan. He's a lot of things, and definitely his own worst enemy, but why do say he's a hack? To me that term implies "not good" or "not talented."
Seems like a misuse of the term to me too. Of course, he also called a showboating drug cheat a 'class-act'.
Seriously?
You two are questioning the use of the word "hack"? Really?
Okay, maybe this will work, but please let me know. I want to make sure I am understood by you two.
Jon Jones is a fuck up, a dip shit, a moron, an ass hat etc etc etc. Does that work? Is that understood? Did you two notice
there isn't anything positive at all in any of those terms?
I've always been cool and cordial to you on this board, so no need to be a fucking asshole in your response to me. I asked a legitimate question over your (mis)use of a term that I've never seen used that way. You're the only person I've ever heard use the word "hack" toward someone who many say is the greatest PFP fighter of all time. So yes, I am definitely questioning your use of the word. You're the only one who seems to have a hard time "understanding" here. And your clarification above still doesn't constitute him being a hack. Jesus fuck.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Anderson is the GOAT. Nobody is close

Three letters...GSP. During both of their primes, the welterweight division was considered one of the toughest divisions and middleweight was weak. GSP fought all of the top guys and didn't even so much as loose a round for years. People like to say "well GSP never moved up...". Silva did a couple times and fought people at the lower end of the rankings. He wasn't fighting the top guys at LHW. Unfortunately, the positive test does call into question his legacy. I respect AS and never missed his fights. Plus, he's a badass for taking the DC fight on 2 days notice. Who, at the top, would do that? He knows he may get shellacked, but he's going to do it for the challenge. That's a warrior. Same for DC, being a warrior.

For me, GSP is the greatest of all time. Plus he's a class act.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
demolition23 wrote:
Indy_Rob wrote: Never thought I'd read that from an MMA fan. He's a lot of things, and definitely his own worst enemy, but why do say he's a hack? To me that term implies "not good" or "not talented."
Seems like a misuse of the term to me too. Of course, he also called a showboating drug cheat a 'class-act'.
Seriously?
You two are questioning the use of the word "hack"? Really?
Okay, maybe this will work, but please let me know. I want to make sure I am understood by you two.
Jon Jones is a fuck up, a dip shit, a moron, an ass hat etc etc etc. Does that work? Is that understood? Did you two notice
there isn't anything positive at all in any of those terms?

Woah.

No, there's nothing positive in any of those terms, but they all have a different connotation than hack, which was not an accurate word to describe a guy who, while absolutely being an asshat, is far too good a fighter to ever accurately be termed a hack.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

I know a guy whose last name is Hack. He is a contractor and does shitty work. That's my 2 cents.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

EddieVanHeineken wrote: People like to say "well GSP never moved up...". Silva did a couple times and fought people at the lower end of the rankings. He wasn't fighting the top guys at LHW.
I don't mean to get into an argument with you, as I basically don't think Silva is a class act.
But Griffin WAS a top guy. He had just lost his title when he fought Anderson. He was basically the next best thing other than the champion himself at the time. And he was giving Rashad a good fight fight, arguably winning until his chin folded. Sure, his style played into Silva's strengths, but he was in no way a lower ranked fighter.
And I also think mw division didn't look that great mostly because Anderson was that good and made it seem easy. Maybe I'm wrong but even in the Maya and Leites fights Anderson showedcased what an amazing talent he was.
Gsp fights were boring for the most part.

He's over the hill now, but in his heyday he was wrecking shop.
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

Man, I did NOT see that coming. Tate barely showed up and got picked apart in no time flat. I'm genuinely bummed for her but that's what makes MMA so exciting.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

mullet_head wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote: People like to say "well GSP never moved up...". Silva did a couple times and fought people at the lower end of the rankings. He wasn't fighting the top guys at LHW.
I don't mean to get into an argument with you, as I basically don't think Silva is a class act.
But Griffin WAS a top guy. He had just lost his title when he fought Anderson. He was basically the next best thing other than the champion himself at the time. And he was giving Rashad a good fight fight, arguably winning until his chin folded. Sure, his style played into Silva's strengths, but he was in no way a lower ranked fighter.
And I also think mw division didn't look that great mostly because Anderson was that good and made it seem easy. Maybe I'm wrong but even in the Maya and Leites fights Anderson showedcased what an amazing talent he was.
Gsp fights were boring for the most part.

He's over the hill now, but in his heyday he was wrecking shop.
That's cool, no argument here. I just feel that welterweight at that time was more stacked.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Tate looked like she did not want to fight at all tonight. As soon as she got hit, she broke and gave up.

Brock did what he had to do to win. With minimal MMA skills, he makes up for in shear strength and athleticism. It takes balls to be out 5 years, train 5 weeks, and fight and beat Mark Hunt. Just watched his press conference. Worth a watch...

DC did what I expected him to do. He was not going to stand and bang with Silva. After the craziness of this week, I'm sure his mind wasn't right. I love how people bood him for taking Anderson down, but no boos for Brock doing the same thing.

Aldo looked a lot better in this fight. I'm a big Edgar fan, but he did not do what I thought he'd do. He usually gets better as the fight goes on, but this one he actually got worse.

Cain looked awesome. Browne needs to go back to jackson wink...training with Ronda's guy has completely killed his skills.

The undercard was much better.

What happened to Hendricks? He has completely fell off. I have a feeling GSP knew he was on something which was why he was insisting on the testing for their fight. Ever since the testing started, Hendricks has not looked the same at all.

Disappointed to see Zingano lose. But she was coming back from like a year and a half off. She'll look back next time.
Good fights.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Indy_Rob

Post by Indy_Rob »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Tate looked like she did not want to fight at all tonight. As soon as she got hit, she broke and gave up.

Brock did what he had to do to win. With minimal MMA skills, he makes up for in shear strength and athleticism. It takes balls to be out 5 years, train 5 weeks, and fight and beat Mark Hunt. Just watched his press conference. Worth a watch...

DC did what I expected him to do. He was not going to stand and bang with Silva. After the craziness of this week, I'm sure his mind wasn't right. I love how people bood him for taking Anderson down, but no boos for Brock doing the same thing.

Aldo looked a lot better in this fight. I'm a big Edgar fan, but he did not do what I thought he'd do. He usually gets better as the fight goes on, but this one he actually got worse.

Cain looked awesome. Browne needs to go back to jackson wink...training with Ronda's guy has completely killed his skills.

What happened to Hendricks? He has completely fell off. I have a feeling GSP knew he was on something which was why he was insisting on the testing for their fight. Ever since the testing started, Hendricks has not looked the same at all.

Disappointed to see Zingano lose. But she was coming back from like a year and a half off. She'll look back next time.
Good fights.
Spot on summary/review. I was too lazy last night to put that kind of effort in.

I completely agree about Tate. I respect her and like her skill. She's gracious and resilient in the face of defeat. BUT, when Nunes started tagging her, she looked like a stunned sorority girl who had never been hit before and didn't know how to react. I immediately knew she was finished. Kudos to Nunes for a killer effort.

I was surprised at how underwhelmed I felt while watching the main card. I expected to have more of that hyped up feeling. Probably because almost all of the fights went to a decision.

The undercard, on the other hand, was really exciting.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

The first hard punch Misha took to the face, her eyes about bugged out of her head. She was DONE after that punch, plus the 5-6 straight shots thereafter that busted up her nose. Dana White has to be scratching his head about the women's division with the revolving door as to whom hold's the belt.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

I think it's a combination of USADA testing and the no IV hydration taking a toll on them. Hendricks has absolutely looked like dog shit since he went into the hospital with kidney stones or whatever it was from being hydrated trying to get down to make weight. I think they just have no strength/energy come fight time anymore. I wonder if that's what happend to Tate, she barely made weight at the last second.

I've been debating Lesnar/Hunt with a friend. He loves Lesnar (49 years old, still watched WWE every week). Thinks he's a great fighter. I just don't see it. Guy can't stand and throw hands. Is scared to death and reacts bizarrely to getting hit in the face, so he uses his physical strength and wrestling skill to take guys down and ground and pound. He's just surviving. My opinion, it's boring as fuck. But, it's MMA so...

Travis absolutely needs to go back to where he use to train. He has been looking worse and worse the last couple fights.

Aldo picked Edgar apart while back pedaling all night. As mentioned, Edgar usually gets stronger as the fight goes on. But Aldo was patient and reacted quicker as Edgar moved forward. Aldo simply didn't need to be the aggressor.

It almost looked like Cormier took mercy on Silva and let it go the full 3 rounds. But I'm not a conspiracy theorist so I'll just chalk that up to his head was fucked up from all the Jones drama and Silva's experience keeping himself in the fight.

Overall I kinda felt UFC 200 was boring. Not anyone's fault, shit just works out that way sometimes.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:DC did what I expected him to do. He was not going to stand and bang with Silva. After the craziness of this week, I'm sure his mind wasn't right. I love how people bood him for taking Anderson down, but no boos for Brock doing the same thing.
the crowd wanted dc to get his head kicked off. dc knew that wasn't happening if he got to the mat. the crowd wanted brock on the mat because that's where he can ground and pound and do the most damage.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

My main gripe about UFC 200, was the unnecessary WWE Summerslam PPV & WWE 2K17 promos.

The UFC & WWE haven't got in bed together, have they?? I mean, WTF?!
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Tate looked like she did not want to fight at all tonight. As soon as she got hit, she broke and gave up.

Good fights.
Yeah, good summary. Feel sorry for DC really. He was in a no win situation. Plus his paycut was cut in half. He comes across as a nice guy. Much prefer him more than Jones and Silva.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:My main gripe about UFC 200, was the unnecessary WWE Summerslam PPV & WWE 2K17 promos.

That had to do with the deal to get Brock to fight on the card. Dana talked about it the other day.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:My main gripe about UFC 200, was the unnecessary WWE Summerslam PPV & WWE 2K17 promos.

That had to do with the deal to get Brock to fight on the card. Dana talked about it the other day.
It reeks of despiration.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

burt1098 wrote: Overall I kinda felt UFC 200 was boring. Not anyone's fault, shit just works out that way sometimes.
Cormier vs Silva and Lesnar vs Hunt were Dan Severn style snooze fests. Because of where they were placed, those fights were a drag on the whole night. Hendricks has become a can. Really thought he was going to be the second coming of Dan Henderson but looks like he'll be in Bellator very soon. Cain, Peña, Lauzon, Mousasi, Miller and Nunes brought it last night and saved the night. Aldo is in prime form again. That was the best fight of the night.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Ufcespanol are/were marketing Cain V as "Brown Pride" which seems weird and a little racist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1phE3xNG2Y
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

A couple of guys say Jon Jones tested positive for Estrogen Blockers :shock: :?: :shock:
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Seeing on Twitter that LESNAR popped for something in usada testing... Guess he won't be fighting again. Crazy that headliner and cobras liner of same event popped. Say what you will about ufc, they aren't protecting their big stars from testing.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Seeing on Twitter that LESNAR popped for something in usada testing... Guess he won't be fighting again. Crazy that headliner and cobras liner of same event popped. Say what you will about ufc, they aren't protecting their big stars from testing.

He passed all the other tests. That last one was just for using his Asthma inhaler. He's getting to the bottom of these shenanigans right now. You'll see...you will all see!
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

Oh Brock, you poor jacked up white boy. Failed a second test.

USADA says Brock Lesnar failed fight-night drug test on July 9
4:38 PM MT
Brett Okamoto
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Email
print
comment
The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has notified the UFC of a second failed drug test submitted by former heavyweight champion and WWE star Brock Lesnar.

UFC officials were informed Tuesday that Lesnar, 39, failed a fight night drug test at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. Results showed the presence of the same unidentified banned substance Lesnar tested positive for on June 28.

The substance that Lesnar tested positive for hasn't been officially identified, but a source told ESPN that the flagged substance is clomiphene, the same anti-estrogen blocker that Jon Jones tested positive for.

Neither of those test results were available to the promotion on July 9, which is how Lesnar (6-3) was still able to fight Mark Hunt at T-Mobile Arena. Lesnar won the fight via unanimous decision.

Lesnar, who is still under contract with the WWE and came out of retirement to face Hunt earlier this month, has not said much on the initial June 28 test. He told The Associated Press last week, "We will get to the bottom of this."

His appearance at UFC 200 marked Lesnar's first professional fight since December 2011. His financial purse, as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), was $2.5 million.

Neither of Brock Lesnar's test results were available to the UFC on July 9 when the former heavyweight champion fought on the UFC 200 card and defeated Mark Hunt. Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Under the UFC's anti-doping program, which went into effect July 2015, results management and adjudication of the case falls to USADA, although Lesnar will also be subject to the jurisdiction of the NSAC. The UFC and NSAC withhold the right to fine and suspend Lesnar, in the result of a confirmed doping violation. Lesnar has not publicly disclosed whether he intends to have his B-samples tested.

"It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed," UFC said in a statement. "The Nevada State Athletic Commission also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed at UFC 200 in Las Vegas.

"Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward."

Hunt (12-11-1) was furious following news of Lesnar's first potential doping violation. Late last week, the 42-year-old demanded Lesnar's entire paycheck in a social media post. Hunt's reported purse was $700,000.

Lesnar, a former NCAA wrestling champion and two-time defending UFC champion, had never tested positive for a banned substance before the June 28 out-of-competition test. The UFC's anti-doping program requires any retired fighter be subject to a four-month testing window prior to resuming competition; however, the UFC elected to waive that requirement for Lesnar, whose fight against Hunt was announced one month prior to UFC 200.

According to the USADA website, Lesnar submitted eight total samples to the anti-doping agency. USADA official Ryan Madden previously confirmed to ESPN that Lesnar had submitted multiple test samples before June 28 and that each came back clean.

When asked about performance-enhancing drugs during an international conference call earlier this month, Lesnar responded: "I'm a white boy and I'm jacked. Deal with it."

Pending a successful appeal to the July 9 test, Lesnar's victory against Hunt will likely change to a no-contest. Following his successful return at UFC 200, Lesnar had not indicated whether he wished to fight again.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Have 5th row tickets for the Vancouver fight in August! Will be my first live fight!

Excited to see Condt who is one of my favourite fighters. Shame he is fighting Maia! He will probably just hold his back all fight. :x

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

pieceofme wrote:Have 5th row tickets for the Vancouver fight in August! Will be my first live fight!

Excited to see Condt who is one of my favourite fighters. Shame he is fighting Maia! He will probably just hold his back all fight. :x
I'm glad they made it a 5 round fight. That definitely helps Condit out as he tends start slow and get better as the fight goes on. It will be hard for Maia to grapple for 5 rounds if he doesn't submit him early. I know some people hate Maia's style, but he is amazing at what he does. Once he gets hold of somebody, they aren't getting free.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Have 5th row tickets for the Vancouver fight in August! Will be my first live fight!

I'm glad they made it a 5 round fight. That definitely helps Condit out as he tends start slow and get better as the fight goes on. It will be hard for Maia to grapple for 5 rounds if he doesn't submit him early. I know some people hate Maia's style, but he is amazing at what he does. Once he gets hold of somebody, they aren't getting free.
Yeah a 5 round fight helps condit. I don't like Maia's style but he's arguably the best at it!

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

You will have a great time!
5h Row? So tell me, how much did you pay?
I've gone to Vegas a couple of times. Each time the ticket was about a grand. Also saw one of the Ultimate Fighter finals & that tix was much cheaper.
I've thought about moving to Vegas to be closer to the fights & able to attend more often.
Been to 3 Invicta fights & always a great time, although I got boned big time this past May.
Wanted to go to this year's international fight week, but funds are tight right now.
Will you be getting there from the get go when the Fight Pass prelims start? If so, it will be you & maybe 15 other people (exaggeration mode on).
UFC events are the only event I've been to where there is a line to use the men's room, but the women can walk right in & take care of business. Usually it's
the other way around.

Tonight's fights-
Holly gambled and lost....again. The fight to make is Amanda Nunes vs Juliana Pena. No reason for Nunes to fight tonight's winner so soon. Although this girl tonight
has ties to Brazil as does Nunes. I would still rather see Nunes fight Pena.
Barboza reminds me of one of those fighters that look great until they fight the upper echelon fighters of division. Similar to Cub Swanson. The guy looked great. Killing
everybody. Talk of him fighting for the belt until he fought Frankie Edgar & got destroyed. Speaking of Frankie. Is he stuck in no man's land or what?

Holly- the rematch with RR is dead in the water. If I was a betting man, I would say a Cyborg vs Holm fight will happen next. Of course Cyborg will slaughter her.
I have to laugh at Meisha Tate. She always said she would fight Cyborg. Jeeez, she couldn't even handle the punches of Nunes.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

Holly got schooled badly. Valentina's hand speed and kicking skills were way superior . Holly's handlers should get the UFC have her fight the least skilled girl on the roster, hopefully have an impressive win, then fight Cyborg for her last big payday. Fighting Cyborg with 2 straight losses behind her could lose traction for the fight.

You are right though, Holly would get badly hurt by Cyborg, but she could get a million dollars out of it.

If Ronda ever comes back I think Nunes poses problems for her because she has the size. I don't know about Valentina though.
Her skill level on the feet will outclass Ronda but being smaller I think Ronda will walk through her strikes and get it to the ground.
Holly could have a good chin from years of boxing but she never seemed too concerned with Valentina's power.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Cyber Spirit wrote:Holly got schooled badly. Valentina's hand speed and kicking skills were way superior . Holly's handlers should get the UFC have her fight the least skilled girl on the roster, hopefully have an impressive win, then fight Cyborg for her last big payday. Fighting Cyborg with 2 straight losses behind her could lose traction for the fight.

You are right though, Holly would get badly hurt by Cyborg, but she could get a million dollars out of it.

If Ronda ever comes back I think Nunes poses problems for her because she has the size. I don't know about Valentina though.
Her skill level on the feet will outclass Ronda but being smaller I think Ronda will walk through her strikes and get it to the ground.
Holly could have a good chin from years of boxing but she never seemed too concerned with Valentina's power.
You are right about her getting schooled.
Valentina's game plan was perfect. Holly had to fight a way that she is not used to fighting, and that was a big problem.
Holly got hit with a really good shot in I think the 2nd rd, and that changed the entire complexion of the fight.
Change of subject, but it does include Holly- Ariel Herwani reported the UFC brass purposely left Holly off the 200 card because in Holly's
contract she gets ppv buy points. Because of her not wanting to hold out for RR, they wanted to punish her & not give her any more money because
200 was such a big event.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

yeahbuddy wrote:
Cyber Spirit wrote:Holly got schooled badly. Valentina's hand speed and kicking skills were way superior . Holly's handlers should get the UFC have her fight the least skilled girl on the roster, hopefully have an impressive win, then fight Cyborg for her last big payday. Fighting Cyborg with 2 straight losses behind her could lose traction for the fight.

Valentina's game plan was perfect. Holly had to fight a way that she is not used to fighting, and that was a big problem.
Holly got hit with a really good shot in I think the 2nd rd, and that changed the entire complexion of the fight.
Change of subject, but it does include Holly- Ariel Herwani reported the UFC brass purposely left Holly off the 200 card because in Holly's
contract she gets ppv buy points. Because of her not wanting to hold out for RR, they wanted to punish her & not give her any more money because
Holly must have made good money from UFC 196 then. I think she got paid $500 000 to fight Tate just to begin with.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Cyber Spirit wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:

Holly must have made good money from UFC 196 then. I think she got paid $500 000 to fight Tate just to begin with.
The UFC wanted Holly in the promotion for a long time. The big hang up was the contract/money.
There is no love lost between the UFC and her manager. Any time Dana can knock her manager he does.
If you think about it, other than the RR fight, her fights haven't been the most interesting to watch. Although the Valentina was interesting to watch
because like you said Holly got schooled.

Still on the fence if I am going to buy the the Lawler/Woodley ppv. Other than the title fight, not a great card at all.