The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by nakedmadman »

Ok,
Fedor's the heavyweight king
Brock Lesnar holds the UFC heavyweight belt...for now.
Rashad Evans holds the light heavyweight belt...for now.
Anderson Silva's unstoppable
GSP kicked the shit outta BJ Penn and needs to step up in weight
Penn needs to pull his head outta his ass and stay at 155

Just watched the UFC Fight Night Live on Spike.
No surprises here, Mac Danzig getting demolished by Neer was a bit of an upset, but not terribly surprising.
Anthony Johnson is a fucking MONSTER!
BD888

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by BD888 »

I agree with everything you just said.

We need to see GSP vs A.Silva, but I'd like to see GSP run through the division first.
Also, The Spider should really move up to light heavy weight where there would be tons of great match ups.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

BD888 wrote:I agree with everything you just said.

We need to see GSP vs A.Silva, but I'd like to see GSP run through the division first.
Also, The Spider should really move up to light heavy weight where there would be tons of great match ups.
He did once, and absoloutely destroyed James Irvin
BD888

Post by BD888 »

nakedmadman wrote:
BD888 wrote:I agree with everything you just said.

He did once, and absoloutely destroyed James Irvin
Yeah I saw that. But he's only had one fight at light heavyweight.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Lets see, WEC is getting a 125 division good for Japanses fighters and light guys here
Migel torres is a little beast and will bring in the latino fans
I like Garcia over Brown, 2009 is going to be the year of the FW, three FW tournys and a competive division in the WEC
Penn's only threat is in Japan (JZ), but even then, not that big of a threat. I want to see Aoki fight more, rubber mach with hellboy
The LW div has to much parity, need to sign some guys
GSP should fight Silva in a NON title if they both get by in there next fights.
WW is the most stacked in the UFC
HDnet is the best channel, ever (Sengoku, Dream, M1, MFC, K1, K1 Max)
Its pointless for Silva to go up to LHW, him and machida are tight so they would just be random fights. You have Hendo/Bisping happening, Nate/Wilson Sonnen/Maia, build some mega fights for Silva to finish on.
Vitor Belfort should come back to the UFC.
Im really interested in Strikeforce
Fedor doesnt need the UFC, however if he never ends up signing he can never be considerd the top fighter of the era (top HW for sure though)

Oh and UFC LHW's kicks all kind of ass, as always.

Bad week for Canadian MMA, greasing, A mini riot in Montreal (stupid event)
and a kid got beat up bad in winnipeg and almost died

But on a lighter note, a lot of Casual fans on this board and if you have 15 minutes this a great HL of three guys you might not know all that much about that had good 2008's (Overeem, Santiago, and Vitor Belfort)
http://vimeo.com/3065076
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

WEC bringing in little guys will be a good thing.
Dana's going to have to make a Ultimate Fighter show for heavyweights. He just can't seem to pull in enough to make a division otherwise.
Penn just seems to have the fuse lit on self destruction. I know it's not happened yet, but the caviler attitude he seems to take will catch up to him, and I think he's one ass whippin' away from self destruction.
The UFC lightweight division seems to have too many guys who are a step or two away from being contenders. Thought Huerta might be the man, but that didn't happen. Ken-Flo seems to be the only real burner at the moment and Penn should take him apart.
GSP V Silva at a catch weight of say 178 would be very interesting. I don't think George can handle Silva's strikes though. George's been dropped a time or two, and Anderson's got radar guidance on those fists of his.
Even if Silva V Machida didn't happen, there's still plenty of good fights to be made at LHW
I don't think Fedor will ever happen in the UFC, or atleast not as long as Brock's holding the belt. It's a loose loose for Lesnar if they do hook up. If Brock gets demolished, "Well he's just a wrestler, and a WWE guy to top it, so he's all fake anyway" and if Brock were to somehow win "He beat an old and tired Fedor who's past his prime."
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

^^^^^^^^^^
Huerta is retiring to go make movies

Oh and after the mir fight I dont think Lesnar will even have the belt
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

KillDevilHill wrote:^^^^^^^^^^

I know a lot of people who agree with you. As of now, I'm not sure I'm one. Mir's last performance against Brock wasn't exactly stellar, Brock's wrestling skill, strength, size, and pure athleticism very well my carry the day. Honestly, had he shown the restraint against Mir that he had with Coture and Herring, I think he'd have had Mir by TKO by the end of round one.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

nakedmadman wrote:
KillDevilHill wrote:^^^^^^^^^^

I know a lot of people who agree with you. As of now, I'm not sure I'm one. Mir's last performance against Brock wasn't exactly stellar, Brock's wrestling skill, strength, size, and pure athleticism very well my carry the day. Honestly, had he shown the restraint against Mir that he had with Coture and Herring, I think he'd have had Mir by TKO by the end of round one.
You know that's an interesting way to think about it, it's certainly possibly.

I'm still gutted that Randy lost.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Report: Nick Diaz vs. Frank Shamrock set for Strikeforce in April

As the pieces continue to fall into place for the rapidly expanding Strikeforce organization, the California-based promotion now apparently has a main event for their April 11 return to the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

According to Fiveouncesofpain.com, former Strikeforce middleweight champion Frank Shamrock (23-9-2) will take on UFC and EliteXC veteran Nick Diaz (18-7).

An official announcement of the bout could come as early as today.

Shamrock will be returning to action for the first time since dropping the Strikeforce 185-pound title to Cung Le in March 2008. In the headlining bout of "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Le," Shamrock was forced to quit on his stool at the conclusion of the third round after sustaining a broken arm.

The MMA pioneer will be participating in a media phone call at 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT along with Showtime Senior Vice President Ken Hershman and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker. Sources close to the event indicate that a formal announcement of the matchup could be made at that time.

Diaz will be competing under the Strikeforce banner for the first time. Currently riding a three-fight win streak while fighting for EliteXC and DREAM, Diaz last saw action in a July 2008 TKO win over Thomas Denny.

Shamrock has recently competed at 185 pounds, while Diaz has fought primarily at 160 and 170 pounds. It is currently unknown at what weight limit the bout will be contested

Frank is old as dirt, but Diaz is so small I can't see this ending in anything other than a total destruction of Diaz.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Should have done Shammy vs Misaki
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

They are talking about having Slice fight Bob Sapp, the Japs will be pissed they cant see that freak show
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

They'd have to give the tickets away for free, and you'd have to have a hell of an undercard to even remotely interest me in a Sapp/Slice fight.

Really Diaz is that small. Him and his brother both look fragile. Say what you want about Ken and Frank, they're neither one fragile. You can beat on those two forever. The Diaz brothers, not so much.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Did anyone watch the Wargod's show with Shamrock vs Grizzly? I know the result but not actually seen the fight.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

It was just as laughable as it sounds. Shamrock fought a 380 lb blob and whooped him, Tank won with a club to the back of the head. It looked like the whole event was in someones backyard.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

BozoMcMetal wrote:It was just as laughable as it sounds. Shamrock fought a 380 lb blob and whooped him, Tank won with a club to the back of the head. It looked like the whole event was in someones backyard.
Shamrock has never been the same since the his last fight with Tito. Still, I think he would have beaten Kimbo if that fight had taken place.
Lopes
Picking a Band Name

Post by Lopes »

BD888 wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:It was just as laughable as it sounds. Shamrock fought a 380 lb blob and whooped him, Tank won with a club to the back of the head. It looked like the whole event was in someones backyard.
Shamrock has never been the same since the his last fight with Tito. Still, I think he would have beaten Kimbo if that fight had taken place.
I was kind of bummed that he had to pull out, I was looking forward to Kimbo getting heel hooked, but we got the hilarity of Kimbo losing to Seth Petruzelli.

WAR BUNDY!
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

BD888 wrote:
Shamrock hasnt been the same since he wrecked his body with roids in the WWF.

He wasnt much after that
BD888

Post by BD888 »

KillDevilHill wrote:
BD888 wrote:
Shamrock hasnt been the same since he wrecked his body with roids in the WWF.

He wasnt much after that
He was never as tough once he came back from the WWE. MAybe he took too many chair shots or something.

As long as they never do Ken vs Frank.
MotorVenom
Forming a Band

Post by MotorVenom »

Watching Tank and Ken bad mouth each other to start the hype for their "showdown" made me feel like I was watching WWE.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

MotorVenom wrote:Watching Tank and Ken bad mouth each other to start the hype for their "showdown" made me feel like I was watching WWE.
I still haven't seen any of that show. Do you have any links? It was free on Sherdog, but I can't see a way to replay it.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

BD888 wrote:
MotorVenom wrote:Watching Tank and Ken bad mouth each other to start the hype for their "showdown" made me feel like I was watching WWE.
I still haven't seen any of that show. Do you have any links? It was free on Sherdog, but I can't see a way to replay it.
http://www.mmascraps.com/
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Looks like Caol Uno is back in the UFC, he is fighting Spencer Fisher at UFC 99 in Germany.

Which will make him the first fighter sponserd by Nike to fight in UFC, and you cant even buy his shoes in north america
BD888

Post by BD888 »

KillDevilHill wrote:Looks like Caol Uno is back in the UFC, he is fighting Spencer Fisher at UFC 99 in Germany.

Which will make him the first fighter sponserd by Nike to fight in UFC, and you cant even buy his shoes in north america
Adidas make some really cool gis and other marital arts stuff, and they've done gloves and training stuff for decades for boxing. I read somewhere that Nike were starting to make some MMA stuff, but I've never seen any of it,

When I first bought camo TapOut shorts a few years ago, I thought I looked really cool in the gym, now I wouldn't likely wear them there for fear of looking like a poseur, when actually I'm not!
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

UFC 99 in June is shaping up to be an awesome card, we have Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva and CroCop is returning, possibly to fight Couture!
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

BozoMcMetal wrote:UFC 99 in June is shaping up to be an awesome card, we have Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva and CroCop is returning, possibly to fight Couture!
Plus we have thr prince of heros making his UFC return, I say if the Cro Cop/Couture fight happens, Name the card "Legends"
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Kro-Cop/Cotoure will be a total meltdown. Kro-Cop's tired and really doesn't have the heart for it any longer. Cotoure is a freak of nature and will likely use this as his last fight at Heavy. Look for him to be at 205 by year's end.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

BozoMcMetal wrote:UFC 99 in June is shaping up to be an awesome card, we have Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva and CroCop is returning, possibly to fight Couture!
The Axe Murder should win this if he uses the thai clinch and uses them knees like The Spider did twice to Ace. This could be a real war.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

nakedmadman wrote:Kro-Cop/Cotoure will be a total meltdown. Kro-Cop's tired and really doesn't have the heart for it any longer. Cotoure is a freak of nature and will likely use this as his last fight at Heavy. Look for him to be at 205 by year's end.
I am not interested in this fight. I'd like to see Crop Cop decapitate a few people before fighting someone like Randy.

I think Randy would win this too, based on watching the last three fights by both fighters. I just don't see Cro Cop being able to land any round house or axe kicks to Couture, and I think Randy's dirty boxing and superior wrestling will nullify Cro Cop's stand up. This goes to the ground where there will be a lot of unsuccessful GNR until it gets stood up or the round ends, rinse and repeat.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

ok, what's your picks for UFC 95?

Joe Stevenson Vs. Diego Sanchez
Sanchez is just too big, Nightmare by KO

Dan Hardy Vs. Rory Markham
Don't know either of these guys.

Nate Marquardt Vs. Wilson Gouveia
Nate's due for a win.

Demian Maia Vs. Chael Sonnen
Maia

Josh Koscheck Vs. Paulo Thiago
Kos
Terry Etim Vs. Brian Cobb
Eitm

Junior Dos Santos Vs. Stefan Struve
Don't know these guys, but they're HUGE!
Name: Junior Dos Santos
Height: 6' 4" (193 cm)
Weight: 238 (108 kg)
Record: 7-1-0

Name: Stefan Struve
Height: 6' 11" (211 cm)
Weight: 238 (108 kg)
Record: 20-2-0

Mike Ciesnolevicz Vs. Neil Grove

Per Eklund Vs. Evan Dunham

Paul Kelly Vs. Troy Mandaloniz
Kelly

This will be on Spike by the way.

Feb-21-2009 9pm ET/PT on Spike TV
Event Type: International Event

"The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to London’s O2 Arena on Saturday, February 21st, and in the UFC 95 main event, it will be one of the most intriguing bouts of the New Year as exciting welterweight contender Diego “Nightmare” Sanchez makes his lightweight debut against former world title challenger Joe “Daddy” Stevenson. UK fans will also be treated to an all-star cast of the UFC’s finest international talent in pivotal bouts that can’t be missed."

Link:
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDe ... d&eid=1877