The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by SlayerNPG »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Rampage will be fighting Evans at 98, pretty quick turn around for Rampage for a title fight. Mir/Lesnar is gonna be on UFC 100 now. I think Lyoto Machida is really getting fucked. He deserves the title shot more than Rampage IMO, but since a lot of people think he is boring/not marketable he is getting pushed back. He's gonna either have to take a long layoff or fight a can in the meantime.
Rampage may not take the fight since it's so soon. He had no idea until the press conference the fight had been moved to May and wasn't thrilled about it. If he doesn't take it Machida will and Rampage will fight that winner.

So this is potentially the second main event the UFC promoted for the event that will be off, unreal.

I was looking forward to going out to Vegas in May, but at this point I think I am going to sell my tickets and go to UFC 100 instead.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Its pretty much set that Rashad Evans will face off with Lyoto Machida.

Think about that for a second, when was the last tim (if any) in the UFC two undefeated fighters fought for the belt.

Also Asian Super star Akiyama will take on Alan belcher, who ruined Denis Kangs UFC debut, for UFC 100
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

tin00can wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:Rampage will be fighting Evans at 98, pretty quick turn around for Rampage for a title fight. Mir/Lesnar is gonna be on UFC 100 now. I think Lyoto Machida is really getting fucked. He deserves the title shot more than Rampage IMO, but since a lot of people think he is boring/not marketable he is getting pushed back. He's gonna either have to take a long layoff or fight a can in the meantime.

Machada impressed the hell outta me in his last fight. He owned Silva. I agree, he should be getting the title shot instead of Rampage; not only does he deserve it, but it would be a better fight.
You just got your wish....

‘Rampage’ injured; Machida gets shot at Evans

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson needs surgery on his jaw and won’t be able to fight Rashad Evans as planned on May 23 at UFC 98, UFC president Dana White said.

White said Wednesday that he would give the title shot instead to unbeaten Lyoto Machida.

Jackson said at the post-fight news conference for UFC 96 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, in which he won a close decision from Keith Jardine to earn the title shot, that he wasn’t sure he could make it because his jaw was sore.

White said Wednesday that Jackson was examined on Tuesday in Las Vegas and it was discovered he had torn ligaments in his jaw. He also has a hyperextension of his left elbow.

Jackson will have surgery next week and will not be allowed contact for at least five weeks following.

“Rampage deserved the (title shot), but this is an awesome main event,” White said of Evans-Machida, which matches two unbeaten fighters. “A lot of people were complaining to me that Lyoto should have had the shot first. I think it’s going to be a great fight and Rampage can go get himself healthy.”

Evans is 13-0-1, with only a draw against Tito Ortiz marring his record. Machida is 14-0.

Jackson said Saturday that sparring partner Hector “Sick Dog” Ramirez had hit him with an uppercut several days prior to his win over Wanderlei Silva at UFC 92 on Dec. 27 in Las Vegas, injuring his jaw.

Jackson said he didn’t tell White of the injury. Jackson went on to knock out Silva in the first round of that fight, then almost immediately went back into training for the bout with Jardine.

The UFC had planned to make Jackson-Evans as the main event of UFC 100, but changed plans on Saturday after learning interim heavyweight champion Frank Mir would be unable to training adequately for a rematch with heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar because of arthroscopic surgery on his knee.

White and matchmaker Joe Silva then decided to move Evans’ title defense to UFC 98, with the proviso that Jackson would get the bout if he won and felt he could make it and Machida would get it if Jackson felt he could not.

It would have been an unusually grueling pace for a top-tier fighter, with three high-level bouts in less than five months. Jackson, though, told White on Saturday “You know I have your back” and promised he would fight if he could physically do it.

“It’s not the end of the world because we have a great fight to put on,” White said. “It shows you the kind of guy that Rampage is that he was willing to sacrifice and take this fight because we needed him. You don’t forget things like that.

“But we’re lucky because we have a great fight to put in there and we don’t have problems.”

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

TapouT Owner Dies in Horrific Ferrari Crash

Posted Mar 11th 2009 3:12PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has confirmed the owner of the TapouT MMA clothing line died this morning when his ultra-rare $300,000 Ferrari crashed into a light pole, ripping the car in half.

TMZ has learned Charles Lewis Jr. -- aka "Mask" -- was driving his Ferrari Modena in Orange County, Calif. around 1:00 AM this morning when cops say it "left the roadway, hit the curb, took out a light pole."

"Mask" was declared dead at the scene. A female passenger -- who was ejected from the crash -- was taken to a local hospital, but we're told she's in bad shape.

Cops believe "Mask" was racing a guy in a Porsche at the time of the crash, and authorities have since arrested the guy they believe was driving the other car. That man -- Jeffrey David Kirby -- is being held on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter.
Lopes
Picking a Band Name

Post by Lopes »

Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote:

TMZ has confirmed the owner of the TapouT MMA clothing line died this morning when his ultra-rare $300,000 Ferrari crashed into a light pole, ripping the car in half.

TMZ has learned Charles Lewis Jr. -- aka "Mask" -- was driving his Ferrari Modena in Orange County, Calif. around 1:00 AM this morning when cops say it "left the roadway, hit the curb, took out a light pole."

"Mask" was declared dead at the scene. A female passenger -- who was ejected from the crash -- was taken to a local hospital, but we're told she's in bad shape.

Cops believe "Mask" was racing a guy in a Porsche at the time of the crash, and authorities have since arrested the guy they believe was driving the other car. That man -- Jeffrey David Kirby -- is being held on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter.
If the guy was racing, fuck him, he got what he deserved.

WAR BUNDY!
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Lopes wrote:
Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote:

If the guy was racing, fuck him, he got what he deserved.
Yeah the guy poured a lot of money into fighters pockets through sponserships, got some talent exposed with his show, did a fucking lot for MMA and live one of those true "american dream" type lives from the bottom to the top.

However I hate all of the tapout guys, my sympathies to his family and loved ones, but if he in fact was racing. Then shit, honestly, better him some some by stander driving to work or their kids to school.

The UFC will do some big thing for him at the next pay per view I bet, while evan tanner has had tribute paid to him by the UFC
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

I hope Bobby Lashley fucks this guy up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jl5FbH43EU
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

LMAO, this is too funny to not post, true or not;

Originally Posted by Sherdog
March 17, 2009
DETROIT, MI - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Tim Sylvia was involved in a fight at a bar in downtown Detroit Michigan with 7 foot, 320 pound WWE Superstar, Glen 'Kane' Jacobs.

No details are currently being released on how the fight started. A witness says the two were arguing and Tim Sylvia instigated the fight. Jacobs quickly took Sylvia to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. The bartender along with a bystander helped pull Jacobs off Sylvia. Sylvia was said to have suffered a broken nose and a black eye.

The police were notified but since the fight was not prolonged and neither men wanted to press any charges, no arrests were made. Sylvia was driven by a friend who was with him to the hospital to treat the broken nose. Glen Jacobs left the scene with his wife shortly after.

More details to be released as they come in.
http://ninjashoes.net/
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Its not true, they were not even in the same city that night.

and Ninja shoes is fucking gay
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:I hope Bobby Lashley fucks this guy up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jl5FbH43EU
That's that same fucktool that couldn't make the cut on the last Ultimate Fighter show. It amazes me that he's Clay Guida's brother. Polar opposites.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Anyone catch any of the K1 Grand Prix last night? Alistair Overeem nearly beat Remy Bonjasky, the UFC really needs him for their shallow HW division. I think he would give trouble to just about anyone. Also, Melvin Manhoef got KTFO in the first round. Really sucks, that dude was getting a lot of momentum after KOing Mark Hunt a few weeks ago, and now people are saying he got exposed.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

BozoMcMetal wrote:Anyone catch any of the K1 Grand Prix last night? Alistair Overeem nearly beat Remy Bonjasky, the UFC really needs him for their shallow HW division. I think he would give trouble to just about anyone. Also, Melvin Manhoef got KTFO in the first round. Really sucks, that dude was getting a lot of momentum after KOing Mark Hunt a few weeks ago, and now people are saying he got exposed.
Man Im glad Manhoef got knocked out, he was givin such a long 8 count. Anyone that still thinks he could stand with Anderson Silva is out of there mind. Plus Japan got there first Japanese champ (not including K-1 Max) so good for the sport overseas.

As for the Overeem/Remy fight. I think remy stole the second round and won the third because of the knockdown, but defaintly a close fight.

I think it just looked better for Alistar becuase how many times he tripped and threw remy around, and he was going forward the whole time. It still looks good for him, that was like his third K-1 fight. I wann see him fight in the States soon in MMA without roids, because he was big and destroyed the headhunter when they fought in Strikeforce. See hi make a real HW run, and yeah, I would like to see him in the ufc.

This was also the first K-1 event I watched live from start to finish and I will defaintly check it out more
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

So did anyone give UFN 18 a view.

Junie got punked out LIKE A BITCH, fuck that was great to see, hate that douche. Being that LWs are all over the place these days would like to see miller in a big fight next, rematch with J-lau????

Griffin fought back from pretty close attempt at having his leg ripped off, I have never seen anything like that in MMA before, also proving how bitchin this sport is. Side note Griffin is like one of my favorite guys in MMA to stand, is stand up is so tight now, I fucking loved his fight with sherk.
I think he has a big KO coming up, you just know it.

Bader is a beast, not much to say. Lets see how he does in the 205 sharktank

I was pulling for Condit in the main event, as he is my favorite fighter from the WEC minus Torres. The fight was really close and Im not going to pretend I could score it right. I think a split dec was the best, still proving MMA judging needs work. There are some dude on sherdog who are just loosing there shit over the "robbery" but fuck, if thats in the top ten of bad decsions youve seen, you dont watch MMA much.
Here to condit bouncing back and a big fight for Kampman, perhaps the winners of Swick/saunders or Davis/Hardy.

TUF 9 looks like it will be a great season, fuck I used to be so sick of tuf, stopped at season 5 then with big nog coaching last one I got sucked back in, and well, I give a shit about this season.
Its supposed to stop at TUF 12 (at least for a while) so I can not feel like such a whore for a while.

Typical first episode, looks good, im hooked in (fuck me)
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Yeh, last night was a pretty good night of fights. Only complaint is that 4 fights in 2 hours is kinda weak, but it was free and they were all entertaining fights so it's not that big of a deal.

Great to see Junie gets pwned, I hate that little fuck too.

Tyson Griffin is becoming one of my favorite fighters to watch, he has had some awesome wars his last few fights. That leglock in the 1st round was sick, as soon as Tyson stood back up his leg buckled/wobbled and I thought that he was fucked. Dude is tough as hell and pulled through though.

Bader was impressive for his 2nd fight in the Octagon, that dude has huge potential. He took Marrero down with ease, had several different sub attempts and showed some good GnP. I was also impressed with his cardio, he seemed fresh the whole fight. I can see him giving trouble to a lot of guys at LHW, really powerful dude.

I was really pulling for Kampmann, I like him a lot. Condit did a great job though, and it was a great fight. He is a great addition to WW. Close fight, but the judges made the right decision IMO. When they were announcing the judges individual scores and said that Cecil People scored the fight for Condit, I knew that Kampmann had the win. Almost every time Peoples is a judge, the fight is a split decision and he goes the opposite of the other 2 judges. Can't really blame him in this fight, but the trend still continues.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

That Griffin fight was tits. I dig the battles like that.

Bader didn't impress me much. He got a lot of takedowns but couldn't do anything with them. Without a doubt he won the fight, but it was just OK. I'm sure he'll get better.

Sort of a sidebar, but one thing the UFC really needs...is less of Bruce fucking Buffer. God damn is that guy annoying. I'd rather have Joe Rogan use his nasal yell to announce the fighters that Buffer and his tired schtick.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Dana white acting unprofessional, NO

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/9 ... e?MSNHPHMA

heres the artical in question
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/so ... pass-16813

And the fucking UFC pulled his blog, ill nerd it up and cruise MMA sites and get it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLXBMHOje8
got it, just the rant though, gets a little intense at the end

Hunt is pretty much known as the anti-zuffa flag flyer, and I think she is a dumb bitch. But Dana handled it like a baby, guy has zero glass and cant act like he runs a billion dollar company. Great for the sports image you ass
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Jesus, what a douche.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

I got home and passed right the fuck out last night, so I randomly got up at 2:00 AM decided might as well watch Dream 8 live.

I tuned in Just to see Monson almost put Sergie to fucking sleep. I still dont see why people had the dude in the top 10. Monsons making a great run like the one he had before loosing to Sylvia

They had one fight form the FW grand prix DJ Hata vs Hideo tokoro
Two decent fights, and tokoro always puts on a good show, DJ got the better of him though and moves on to the second round of the FW GP. I would have said Tokoro was top 20 FW before this fight, just not elite as this fight proved. DJ has a backstory the Japs love becuase he was like Janitor in 2005 while fighting in K-1 Heros

They then announced the fights for the second round, but it was in Japanese so I dont know what the fuck they are

In the WW tourny Andre Galvo, one of the best BJJ guys at 160-170 who just got into MMA fought a Canadian Vet John alessio. Boring fight until it hit the mat, Galvo won by armbar. With his elite ju jitsu he could win it all.

Seichi Ikemoto vs. Marius Zaromskis Some guy dressed up as a dude from street fighter beat up this Japanese guy, Zaro moves on in the tourny

Yuya Shirai vs. Jason High, Jason high subbed some Japanese C level fighter, he moves on the WW tourny

And for the main event
Hayato Mach Sakurai, one of my favorite fighters, RAPED Japanese and grappling superstar Shinya Aoki. Aoki came out in an awsome pair of golden crappling pants, got under Mach at the start, then Mach over powered him, got him with two huge knees, then two more, then a bunch of punches and they stopped it

Raped in 27 second.

I hope Mach takes it all
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

I like both Mach and Aoki a lot, but I definitely wasn't expecting Aoki get murdered like that. Big fan of Monson too, but I thought Sergei would be able to out strike him...Another good win for Jeff, I heard that he was in talks to go back with the UFC a couple months ago, but nothing ever came of it I guess. I'd like to see him go back for another run.
Lopes
Picking a Band Name

Post by Lopes »

I thought Mach would win the fight, but I didn't expect it to be so brutal, and so quick. I was hoping for this fight to last quite a bit longer.

Looking forward to WEC tonight.

WAR BUNDY!
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Lopes wrote:I thought Mach would win the fight, but I didn't expect it to be so brutal, and so quick. I was hoping for this fight to last quite a bit longer.

Looking forward to WEC tonight.
Stoked, Really enjoy seeing torres fight, and want to check out the curran/benadaviz(sp?) fight
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Frank Shamrock got his ass beat down, I still dont get how he was the faovrite going into this fight.

I hope Diaz drops to 170 and they send him or sheilds to the UFC so Diaz can fight for a strap
Lopes
Picking a Band Name

Post by Lopes »

Scott Smith had a great comeback after getting his ass handed to him for 2 and a half rounds, the Cyborg fight was ridiculous, Akano has proverbial balls of steel to even get in there with that freak of nature, and Diaz was entertaining as usual. Diaz should be fighting at 170, he's out of his mind to think he can make 160 consistently. Overall, I think it was a decent night of fights, and Mauro rules.

WAR BUNDY!
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

Man Shamrock got an ass whopin, I really wasn't expecting that. Entertaining fight though
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Not really a women's MMA fan, but this brings into light a problem I've got with all combat sports...

From Yahoo:
Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:08 pm EDT

'Cyborg' rolls smaller foe after weigh-in sham
By Steve Cofield
It was as predictable as Godzilla crushing an ant. Female fighting sensation Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos destroyed Hitomi Akano at the HP Pavillion in San Jose on Saturday night.

But it was a hollow victory in the eyes of most observers, after a 12-hour long weigh-in debacle in the lead up to the fight that left a black eye on the sport of women's mixed martial arts.

The fight was scheduled to be contested at 145 pounds, but Santos missed by seven pounds and the fight was nearly scrapped in the aftermath. Akano usually fights at 135 pounds and has fought as low as 128 pounds.

The massive size disparity was evident from the outset. Every time the fighters clinched, Akano, who specializes in grappling and submissions on the ground, was thrown around like a rag doll. Akano was on her horse for much the two-plus rounds attempting only 24 strikes on the feet. She landed 10 while Cyborg drilled her with 61 knees, kicks, punches and elbows over the course of seven minutes.

Cyborg finished the fight with a knee and three huge rights. Referee Josh Rosenthal had to jump in to save Akano from permanent damage at the 0:35 mark of the third round.

On Friday, Santos weighed in at 152 and was never made to cut her weight down anywhere near Akano, who weighed just 143.5.

Akano and her manager Shu Hirata threatened to pull out of the fight, stating it wasn't about money. Hirata said the stars of female fighting are too often allowed to ignore weight limits:

“Gina [Carano] never makes weight, but they make everybody fight. It's not fair,” said Hirata. “I think it’s really about time that we have to set the precedent that you should really make the weight.”

Negotiations ended at 2 a.m. PT and Akano was guaranteed her win bonus plus several more fights with the promotion. Reports last night said that Cyborg had already re-plenished her body back up to 158 pounds by midnight. She walked into the cage in San Jose at the Strikeforce event on Showtime roughly 20 pounds heavier and it showed.

The promotion is only partially to blame in this mess. It's the job of the California State Athletic Commission to put rules in place and adhere to them to ensure the fighters' safety. The CSAC's inconsistency is mind numbing. It'll suspend a steroid user for 9-12 months with a real chance for the fighter to appeal and it also treats a positive marijuana test as a serious offense. Yet a 20 pound weight difference in a female fight is glossed over. In the end, it all worked out with anything terrible going down. The fight was one-sided but Akano walked away and should fight again down the road, hopefully against someone her own size.

I've been first a boxing fan, and now a MMA fan for a long time. The biggest problem I've got now is the weigh-ins. The idea of stripping the body down, a fighter dehydrating himself to get in just under the weight limit a day before the fight, then coming in 7-20 pounds heavier on fight night is just nuts. I'd love to see a change in the way that all combat sports do business. I'd like to see weigh-ins done within 2 hours of the fight. If a fighter's going to fight in a 170lb weight class, then he/she oughta be at 170 at the fight. The idea of re-hydrating up and enjoying such an advantage has always seemed ludichrist to me.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

^^^I agree wholeheartedly, that Cyborg fight should not have been sanctioned by the CSAC. Weigh ins should be done the day of the fight. For example, Thiago Alves fights at 170, but he has said in interviews that when he steps into the octagon he weighs around 198. I realize that he's not the only one that does it, but that is a 30 pound gap, which is ridiculous. What is the point of weighing in if you start increasing your weight immediately after you get off the scale?
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

nakedmadman wrote:. I'd like to see weigh-ins done within 2 hours of the fight. If a fighter's going to fight in a 170lb weight class
Then you would see a lot of horrible garbage gassed fights fights.

You wouldnt be able to hydrate at all before your fight, meaning you would fight dehydrated as shit cramping up.

Everyone hasto cut at least two or three pounds, Naked you dont ever really say dumb stuff on MMA, but man this is just dumb.

People are always looking for the edge inside rules of the sport, and outside. Theres only some people that do the insane cut, and fuck, if they can do it and want to put their internal organs through hell they deserve the size advantage.

Its not just boxing, so many of these fighters are coming from wrestling backgrounds were cutting is just a part of the sport (and the size differnce is a bigger deal)

I think there just needs to be more punishment for fighters missing weight. They should take ALL of there win bonus and give half to the other fighter and half to the comission. If theres no win bonus take HALF of there posted earnings. Theres so much pressure put on the the fighter who DIDNT miss weight and did his job to take the fight. If Both fighters miss weight just scrap the fight.

Now all this said, this was an uber huge deal not just because cyborg missed weight, but because her oppenant was coming up from 130. Thats why cyborg threw her around. Chute boxe then bullied her camp into taking the fight, they also took advatage of the fact that strikeforce really wanted to make the fight happen and would apply pressure on her camp.

All of this aside, the chick was all bloated becuase she was on the rag or some shit, adding to the fact why I cant really take womens MMA without a grain of salt, because the sports done with the women body.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

KillDevilHill wrote:
nakedmadman wrote:. I'd like to see weigh-ins done within 2 hours of the fight. If a fighter's going to fight in a 170lb weight class
Then you would see a lot of horrible garbage gassed fights fights.

You wouldn't be able to hydrate at all before your fight, meaning you would fight dehydrated as shit cramping up.

Everyone has to cut at least two or three pounds, Naked you don't ever really say dumb stuff on MMA, but man this is just dumb.

Not really, I think you're getting lost in the numbers, and not really getting what I'm saying. A guy who's training weight might be 175 or so cutting down to 170 for fight night is one thing, but let's be real, if you're walking around at 190-200lbs, you really don't belong at 170. It's not just the weight, but body mass. Diago Sanchez is a prime example. He cut down to 155 for his last fight, and if memory serves, he was right at 170 on fight night. Then he looked like shit. Guys of that body structure just don't belong (at least not to my eyes) fighting true 155ers like Clay Guida.
The point I'm trying to make, there's just some guys who don't belong where they are, it's a lot more prevalent in boxing than MMA, where you've got weight classes so close together.
The question is, where do you draw the line? And that's where a day of fight weigh in would come in. I'd think getting your ass handed to you because you gassed and cramped up would make you reconsider your class choice. I think you'd also end up with a better class of fighters, because doing so, they'd have to be a lot more disciplined about their day to day living. I dunno, maybe I am wrong, but I'd like to think you could at least see the angle I'm coming from.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

damn double post.
Last edited by nakedmadman on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

fuck, triple post!!!