The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by burt1098 »

pieceofme wrote:Pretty enjoyable card. Glad for Holloway and that division. I guess he will take on Edgar next.

I thought the judges decision for the Assuncao fight was incorrect.

And Belfort I think was a bit lucky it was in Brazil. It was close, but I was expecting at least a split. Honestly, I thought Marquardt won. He had the takedown and landed more significant strikes. All Belfort had was some flurrys. Mostly at the end of round 3.

Impressive victory by Claudia, who you can tell is far better technically than Karolina.

Borrachinha vs Bamgbose was an entertaining fight. Bamgbose was knackered after 2 minutes! Very unique style.

Medeiros/Silva was also a fun fight, although I thought the ref stopped the fight a bit too soon.

Only thing I disagree on is I think Belfort hurt Marquardt a couple times. Had him running away, slamming backwards into the cage after some of his flurries. Felt he just did more in the fight to get the decision.

And I'll just post a meme or two cause it says it all about another observation I'm sure all MMA fans have.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

Got a nice heavyweight fight tonight in Lewis vs Hunt that seems to have gone unnoticed by fans and the UFC. I don't think I've seen one commercial for it so maybe Hunt has burned some bridges? Concerned for Lewis as he's already talking about other fights so I hope he didn't sleep on Hunt who could knock his head back to America if he's not careful.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Looking forward to that fight. Lewis is a slow starter so Hunt has a legit shot at taking him out early. But, anything can happen when the big boys throw hands.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

burt1098 wrote:Looking forward to that fight. Lewis is a slow starter so Hunt has a legit shot at taking him out early. But, anything can happen when the big boys throw hands.
Pretty good tilt but Lewis putting his hands on his hips at many points past the 2nd round was pretty stupid. I mean even a half body shot by Hunt has to hurt like a mule kick. Heavyweight division is kind of wonky with a bunch of semi older dudes and really outside of Ngannou no younger studs coming. I mean I think Arlovski is still #8 WTF?!!

Earl
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Earl Skakel wrote:
burt1098 wrote:Looking forward to that fight. Lewis is a slow starter so Hunt has a legit shot at taking him out early. But, anything can happen when the big boys throw hands.
Pretty good tilt but Lewis putting his hands on his hips at many points past the 2nd round was pretty stupid.

Earl

Lewis said after the fight he had back issues years ago and he hurt it again. You can tell by the way he was acting he was having issues. He said he might retire.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
Earl Skakel wrote:
Pretty good tilt but Lewis putting his hands on his hips at many points past the 2nd round was pretty stupid.

Earl

Lewis said after the fight he had back issues years ago and he hurt it again. You can tell by the way he was acting he was having issues. He said he might retire.
Yeah, I saw that but if I'm in there against Hunt the last place my hands are going to be are on my hips! Good fight between 2 of the few heavies who are not on the sauce. Love how Hunt calls out Overeem and others as he seems to not give a fuck in terms of burning bridges.

Earl
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Anybody watch Bellator last night?

Man what a clusterfuck for them! It was weird night of fights. I missed most of the undercard so can't comment on that too much. The Bader Davis fight went the same as the first, which is to say not much happened.

Sonnen Silva also went as expected. The people complaining about the fight are probably the same people who buy Mayweather fights expecting him to KO somebody. Chael is a wrestler. He's not going to KO anybody. He has to talk a good game to get interest in his fights bc the fights are not exciting. Silva hadn't fought in 4 years. He showed no ability to stop the take down or get up. He just looked at the ref waiting for him to stand up.

Mitrione Fedor went all Rocky. Both fighters knocked down at the same time. Mitrione just clobbered Fedor. I really hope Fedor stops. I don't care what the corrupt Russian officials did in his last fight with Maldonado, but he was beat in the first round of that fight and it should have been stopped. It should also have been a draw with that first round scored a 10-8. Fedor has no business fighting anymore. He doesn't have it.

Aaron Pico should not have been in their against a guy with several years experience. He did worse in his debut than CM Punk did. WTF is it with MMA and not being able to bring up fighters in the right way? This is the one area boxing does it right. It takes about 15-20 fights in boxing before they start high level so they get the experience and confidence. UFC did the same thing with Sage and Paige. Build up the fighters. The return on investment will be worth it.

Chandler Primus
This one was hard to watch. Not as bad as the Silva Weidman fight, but still bad. Chandler is one tough SOB. They need to do an immediate rematch. I have a feeling Chandler would run through this kid.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Been a few weeks, but since nobody's mentioned it yet, thoughts on Tim Hague's coma/passing after that KO? Tragic, if you ask me.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

dmbrocker wrote:Been a few weeks, but since nobody's mentioned it yet, thoughts on Tim Hague's coma/passing after that KO? Tragic, if you ask me.

He had no business being in the ring. He experienced a few KO's within the past year I think. The athletic commission failed horribly.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anybody watch Bellator last night?

Man what a clusterfuck for them! It was weird night of fights. I missed most of the undercard so can't comment on that too much. The Bader Davis fight went the same as the first, which is to say not much happened.

Sonnen Silva also went as expected. The people complaining about the fight are probably the same people who buy Mayweather fights expecting him to KO somebody. Chael is a wrestler. He's not going to KO anybody. He has to talk a good game to get interest in his fights bc the fights are not exciting. Silva hadn't fought in 4 years. He showed no ability to stop the take down or get up. He just looked at the ref waiting for him to stand up.

Mitrione Fedor went all Rocky. Both fighters knocked down at the same time. Mitrione just clobbered Fedor. I really hope Fedor stops. I don't care what the corrupt Russian officials did in his last fight with Maldonado, but he was beat in the first round of that fight and it should have been stopped. It should also have been a draw with that first round scored a 10-8. Fedor has no business fighting anymore. He doesn't have it.

Aaron Pico should not have been in their against a guy with several years experience. He did worse in his debut than CM Punk did. WTF is it with MMA and not being able to bring up fighters in the right way? This is the one area boxing does it right. It takes about 15-20 fights in boxing before they start high level so they get the experience and confidence. UFC did the same thing with Sage and Paige. Build up the fighters. The return on investment will be worth it.

Chandler Primus
This one was hard to watch. Not as bad as the Silva Weidman fight, but still bad. Chandler is one tough SOB. They need to do an immediate rematch. I have a feeling Chandler would run through this kid.
Watched the Bellator fights. Didn't buy it. Watched it by other means ;). No way I would pay for the slop.
Overall I thought it was a silly night of fights. The Davis/Bader fight was right up there with the Holly Holm/GDR fight in boredom. Fights like that when it gets to the 3rd rd I lose interest & clean my bathroom or eat an apple.

I laughed out loud when Mitrione Fedor knocked each other down. It was like a SNL sketch or something.

The kurplunk for Chandler was when his corner pulled his stool out from underneath him & he didn't know it.

However, it was great to see and hear Goldy & Maro call a fight.
I really miss Goldy calling UFC fights. Yeah, he says some goofy & dopey things, but he makes the fights feel like an event. You could really tell that he was happy to be back calling a fight.
We've had what? 5 ppvs and a couple of Fox fights since Goldberg left? The 3 guys calling a fight does not work whatsoever. Several times throughout a card nobody is saying anything because
they are waiting for one of the others to talk. And most of the times the only thing Jon Anick says is "coming in June the movie blah blah" or "is brought to you by etc etc".

The Lee/Chiesa fight- Chiesa got robbed, but if he had survived there is no way it would've gone beyond 2 rounds. Kevin Lee was so much better than Chiesa.

After getting knocked out I was waiting for Johnny Hendricks to grab the mic to announce his retirement. Jeez, the guy couldn't even make weight. Please cut him,
and let him sign with Bellator.

Felice Herring looked really good. Should be interesting to see who she fights next.
Just read Kish crapped her pants while she was trying to escape the submission attempts-
Be warned there are pics-
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/26/1 ... ps-herself

Was going to go to 214 in Anaheim, but all the cheap seats sold out really fast. The only seats left are $500 and up. Still might go. I don't know if the UFC releases seats as the fight gets closer.
If they release some cheap seats, or lower the price of the platinum seats I still might go.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Chiesa was going out. If you watch the replay, his hands go into "Joe Cocker mode" like he has cerebral palsy or some shit. Interesting way of getting out of a rear naked choke if ya ask me...Lol

Hendricks needs to retire, same as BJ.

That broad shitting herself...yuck.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:Chiesa was going out. If you watch the replay, his hands go into "Joe Cocker mode" like he has cerebral palsy or some shit. Interesting way of getting out of a rear naked choke if ya ask me...Lol

Kevin Lee said he could feel Chiesa going limp.

In other news-
I see Megan Anderson came to her senses, and backed out of the Cyborg fight.
Evinger is in. Actually that is a better fight. Evinger has a shitload more experience than
Anderson, and should be a much more competitive fight.
Cerrone vs Lawler has been scrapped from 213. More than likely moved to 214 Anaheim.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:Chiesa was going out. If you watch the replay, his hands go into "Joe Cocker mode" like he has cerebral palsy or some shit. Interesting way of getting out of a rear naked choke if ya ask me...Lol

In other news-
Evinger is in. Actually that is a better fight. Evinger has a shitload more experience than
Cerrone vs Lawler has been scrapped from 213. More than likely moved to 214 Anaheim.
Boooo.

Oh well, still a good card.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:

In other news-
Boooo.

Oh well, still a good card.
Have you seen Evinger fight? I always thought she was the female Chris Leban, but was impressed in her last fight.
No Lawler/Cowboy for 214. Instead its Maia vs Woodley. 3 frickin' belts on the line!! Gotta go to this!! Gotta go!!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Got my 214 ticket the other day.
Keeping fingers, toes, and nuts crossed the injury bug doesn't hit it. They've already
lost a couple of fighters to injury, but nothing major.
Hoping Jones behaves himself in the next month, Evinger doesn't realize what she is
getting herself into, and Maia decides a month is not enough time to prepare for fight.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

yeahbuddy wrote:Got my 214 ticket the other day.
Keeping fingers, toes, and nuts crossed the injury bug doesn't hit it. They've already
Hoping Jones behaves himself in the next month, Evinger doesn't realize what she is
getting herself into, and Maia decides a month is not enough time to prepare for fight.
Here's something-
214 is very close to being sold out, but 213 has a ton of tickets left.
213 is a good card, but the amount of tickets left is odd.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Got my 214 ticket the other day.
Here's something-
214 is very close to being sold out, but 213 has a ton of tickets left.
213 is a good card, but the amount of tickets left is odd.
The headliner for 213 is hardly star power. Probably why.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

The next Conor McGregor was born tonight.
That's all I have to say about that.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:The next Conor McGregor was born tonight.
That fight was insane. Johnson could have won if he didn't clinch. Justin is an animal. That style won't last. He will get ko'd and lose his chin.

Next up Whitaker vs Romero. Can't wait for that one and miller pettis
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Missed it, but hearing a lot saying it was fight of the year! Have a link for it?

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
That fight was insane. Johnson could have won if he didn't clinch. Justin is an animal. That style won't last. He will get ko'd and lose his chin.

Nunes out of main event. She got sick ended up in the hospital. Other than the Romero/Whitaker fight, card is weak. Miller/Pettis fight should be
good, but has no importance whatsoever.

Justin- I don't know. He recovers really fast, but hit in the right spot, lights out. I like his spirit. This morning I thought to myself "guy kind of reminds
me of Chris Leben". Although I haven't watched a Leben fight in awhile so I might be dead wrong.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
Missed it, but hearing a lot saying it was fight of the year! Have a link for it?
No link, but if you find one, watch it.
It really was a hell of a fight.
As far as being "fight of the year" this year hasn't had many great fights.
Or am I missing something?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:

Nunes out of main event. She got sick ended up in the hospital. Other than the Romero/Whitaker fight, card is weak. Miller/Pettis fight should be

Justin- I don't know. He recovers really fast, but hit in the right spot, lights out. I like his spirit. This morning I thought to myself "guy kind of reminds
me of Chris Leben". Although I haven't watched a Leben fight in awhile so I might be dead wrong.
WTF!

First Lawler/Cowboy isn't happening, now this. Went from a really good card, to being very meh.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:

WTF!

First Lawler/Cowboy isn't happening, now this. Went from a really good card, to being very meh.
Don't forget Cody & TJ were supposed to be on card as well.
I was looking so foward to the Nunes fight, damn.
3 weeks until 214 Anaheim!!!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

pieceofme wrote:

It was up on youtube earlier today. You can try mma-core.com as well
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Overall a very predictable night of fights.
The Romero/Whitaker fight went the way I thought it would.
Call me crazy, but I think Bisping will beat Whitaker. Whitaker was clunking along after the 3rd round.
Bisping will push the pace for the entire 5 rds. Let's see if Whitaker can keep up.
Gotta say Whitaker's take down defense was spot on, but that's not an issue with Bisping.

Couldn't tell you who won the Overeem/Werdum fight. I don't remember the 1st round at all.

Funny how the UFC likes putting heavyweight fights on the main card because of the one punch knock out
possibility. Unfortunately when that doesn't happen we get what happened last night with that Blades guy.

For me the highlight of the night was seeing Travis Browne getting submitted. I laughed out loud when he tapped.

Update on Nunez- she explained she has always dealt with sinusitis her whole life, and day of fight she had it bad.
If that is true (and I don't see why not) I completely understand why she pulled.
As a person that used to deal with it, when it occurs it feels like you are not there, almost like you are in another room or
something. Not fun.

Oh yeah, did I pay for the fight? Hell no!!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:Overall a very predictable night of fights.
Call me crazy, but I think Bisping will beat Whitaker. Whitaker was clunking along after the 3rd round.
Bisping will push the pace for the entire 5 rds. Let's see if Whitaker can keep up.
Gotta say Whitaker's take down defense was spot on, but that's not an issue with Bisping.
!
Whitaker had no leg left. He was hobbling about after Romero kicked his knee. I think Whitaker will do good against Bisping. Like you said, he's no take down threat. Having to fight off takedowns over and over again is a cardio killer. With the takedowns and his leg, it's understandable why Whitaker was clunking along. Won't be an issue against Bisping, IMO. I have to say, that that is the first fight in which Romero didn't engage in any questionable acts.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Overall a very predictable night of fights.
!
Whitaker had no leg left. He was hobbling about after Romero kicked his knee. I think Whitaker will do good against Bisping. Like you said, he's no take down threat. Having to fight off takedowns over and over again is a cardio killer. With the takedowns and his leg, it's understandable why Whitaker was clunking along. Won't be an issue against Bisping, IMO. I have to say, that that is the first fight in which Romero didn't engage in any questionable acts.
Ha Ha,
did you see his team wiping him down in between rounds when he was pouring water on himself?
I'm sure they were told before fight that if anything happens like past fights a point would be deducted
or worse case scenario he would be disqualified.

Oh yeah,
for the first time I thought the 3 commentators calling fight worked.
I like Cruz in the studio, but don't like him calling fights. He's too technical during fight, and tries to explain every single move & position during a fight.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

UFC guy needs IRS from wwf walk to the sissy boxing ring with..crowd will chant IRS IRS during the fight
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Anybody watch the Mac/Mayweather press conference?

Whoever decided to turn off Mac's microphone is a fucking idiot. The best part is the opportunity for the back and forth. I hate boxing press conferences. UFC does it so much better. Let the fighters engage verbally.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman