The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by Indy_Rob »

Anyone know how to watch tonight's PPV online for free?
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Edgar got stopped in 1st round by Ortega. I reckoned Ortega was going to win it. Ortega vs. Holloway for sure.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

223 predictions, boyos? I'm thinking Khabib might actually have a shot, but, then again, Ferguson might actually pull it out in the end.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote:223 predictions, boyos? I'm thinking Khabib might actually have a shot, but, then again, Ferguson might actually pull it out in the end.
I just hope it happens!

I'm thinking Khabib, but I think Ferguson is getting underrated. He most definitely has a chance.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:223 predictions, boyos? I'm thinking Khabib might actually have a shot, but, then again, Ferguson might actually pull it out in the end.
I just hope it happens!

I'm thinking Khabib, but I think Ferguson is getting underrated. He most definitely has a chance.
Well, looks like it won't happen after all! Ferguson's hurt and Holloway's replacing him. That definitely changes things!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
I just hope it happens!

Well, looks like it won't happen after all! Ferguson's hurt and Holloway's replacing him. That definitely changes things!
I was hoping it was an April Fools!!

I didn't realise Holloway was ready to fight!

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
I just hope it happens!

He is, though at this rate we may never see a Khabib/Ferguson bout. Makes me wonder if it's just a coincidence or they're both avoiding each other and making up excuses...
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:

He is, though at this rate we may never see a Khabib/Ferguson bout. Makes me wonder if it's just a coincidence or they're both avoiding each other and making up excuses...
It is a coincidence. An annoying one at that. Dana White says he is never booking the fight again. 4 times it has been cancelled!

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Conor is ready for Wrestlemania!
Real Stone Cold vs Vince feud in UFC..don’t cross the boss!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Holloway's out and Conor pulled a dick tantrum and might be banned. UFC's a mess right now!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote:Holloway's out and Conor pulled a dick tantrum and might be banned. UFC's a mess right now!
This card is cursed! lol

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Bisping retires.

He was supposed to a few years ago. But instead he won the title, and got a couple of big money fights instead!

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Anyone here catch Curtis Blayde's TKOing Overeem with that elbow? Pretty rough homecoming defeat for CM Punk, too. He probably should've stayed put dropping pipe bombs in the WWE...
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

UFC is now WWE ha ha ha ha!
UFC fans all pissed with planned Brock setup!
Camera got Brock perfectly because it WAS in the script!!!!!! SUCK IT UFC!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

pieceofme wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:49 pm
burt1098 wrote:RJD brought it to Lawler for 5 rounds. Damn that was impressive. However, I think Woodley destroys him no problem.

Who can give Woodley a run for his money other than another Thompson snoozefest? Covington could barely handle Maia's standup. Woodley would eat him alive.
I agree. Unfortunately.

Maybe Till, but he needs a big fight against a legit top 10 contender.

Also, Lawler's leg was fucked up in the second round. Impressive he lasted the full fight.
Well he beat Wonderboy! I just hope he makes weight for the Woodley fight.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Think McGregor is going to knockout Khabib. :x

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:41 pm Think McGregor is going to knockout Khabib. :x
You can probably count on it, in fact. Odds are saying Khabib, but I doubt he'll get far.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Good luck tonight UFC biggest fight ever..in an arena :lol:
Rousey had fun with 70,300 today from Australia
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:45 pm
pieceofme wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:41 pm Think McGregor is going to knockout Khabib. :x
You can probably count on it, in fact. Odds are saying Khabib, but I doubt he'll get far.

Soooooooooo happy to be wrong haha.

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Soooooooooo happy to be wrong haha.
Yeah, and McGregor's corner man gets knocked the fuck out, too! Badass!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Hoo, boy! Anyone think Khabib will seriously leave? Looks like he's got a major beef with Dana White and Co. after that McGregor fight! Anyone think he's got legit complaints here?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/khabib-nur ... 28958.html
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Fucking Ryan Bader....he was too boring and wasn't good enough for UFC's light heavyweight division and now he's likely to become the new Bellator heavyweight champion. It wasn't pretty but it was fun to watch someone utilize all the tools from amateur wrestling
The great metal sludge MMA geniuses back in action.............
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Anyone here catch that quick knockout of Velasquez by Ngannou? Some comeback... :lol:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:32 am Anyone here catch that quick knockout of Velasquez by Ngannou? Some comeback... :lol:
Meh, barely touched him. Cain knees gave away, which is actually the most Cain thing that could have happened.

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:39 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:32 am Anyone here catch that quick knockout of Velasquez by Ngannou? Some comeback... :lol:
Meh, barely touched him. Cain knees gave away, which is actually the most Cain thing that could have happened.
That's what I thought too until someone just posted a clip in slow mo that clearly shows Cain's head snapping back from a punch right before his knee gave out. The punch was kind of similar to the one Henderson landed on Fedor as it was barely viewable due to the camera angle. I'm pretty sure a half uppercut by Ngannou would be enough to knock out most.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Earl Skakel wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:14 pm
That's what I thought too until someone just posted a clip in slow mo that clearly shows Cain's head snapping back from a punch right before his knee gave out. The punch was kind of similar to the one Henderson landed on Fedor as it was barely viewable due to the camera angle. I'm pretty sure a half uppercut by Ngannou would be enough to knock out most.

Earl
True, but Cain's facial reaction was not that of being knocked out by a punch. I'm sure it hurt! But the knees blowing out was the big reason

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Earl
True, but Cain's facial reaction was not that of being knocked out by a punch. I'm sure it hurt! But the knees blowing out was the big reason
Yeah it was probably a combo of the 2 for sure and with Cain's scrambling ability he might have gotten out of that mess but with Ngannou standing over him 1 clean shot and it's over. Cain looked frail to me, I know it's strange to say that about a 250 pound guy but he didn't look healthy to me.

Earl
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

GSP expected to announce his retirement soon. What a career, if so...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/georges-st ... 54829.html
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Earl Skakel wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 pm

Earl
Yeah it was probably a combo of the 2 for sure and with Cain's scrambling ability he might have gotten out of that mess but with Ngannou standing over him 1 clean shot and it's over. Cain looked frail to me, I know it's strange to say that about a 250 pound guy but he didn't look healthy to me.

Earl
I agree.

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:32 pm
Earl Skakel wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 pm

Earl
I agree.
And his skin looked kind of yellowish to me which could be any number of things. I can only imagine the germs these guys and girls pick up rolling around on a mat and in MMA gyms which given the volume of people who train there are rarely 100% clean.

Earl