The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
Yeah,
that main event was a giant "Kur Plunk". The sad thing was once he got his back, there was absolutely nothing Condit could do. I said to myself "this is over", and it was.
I'm a big Wonderboy fan, but would rather see Maia get the shot at Woodley. Both Maia & Wonderboy have cleared out the division so neither have another opponent besides
Woodley & each other.
So many options for Pettis at 145lbs. Frankie Edgar, Max Holloway etc etc. Personally I thought he was losing fight, but score cards had him ahead, so even if it went to
decision he would have won.
Not a Paige fan at all, but that was one hell of a knockout. Put her against any of the top 3 of her division & she gets slaughtered. Joanna Champion probably looks at her, and
laughs.
Did you get there for the early fights? Seeing the fights live is much different than tv isn't it?
Yeah, I arrived for the first fight. Wanted to get my moneys worth! It is different live for sure.

I thought Pettis was winning. I found it ironic that he won by submission, considering Oliveira was determined to fight on the ground! That side kick to the ribs to Oliveira was immense. You could see Oliveira crumple. He took a lot of damage. The crowd was going crazy for that fight.

I don't think Wonderboy would match up well with Maia. His take down defense isn't that great. The last person to beat him was Rory MacDonald, and he isn't even the UFC anymore! His takedown defense is also one of the best in the division.
You are right about getting money's worth. The funny thing about that is you, me, & maybe another 100 fans think the same way.
When you are there live the hits, kicks, and take downs are so much more than watching on tv. When I went to the Weidman/Silva fight, when Silva broke his leg it was nasty.
We heard the snap of the bone. Nobody knew what it was until Silva crumbled to the ground. And when they showed the replay, the sound the crowd made was something else. The
girl next to me says "I think I'm going to throw up".
And on tv you don't realize how loud everything is. Its like a rock concert! I can only imagine what its like for a McGregor fight.
I think Wonderboy matches up well against Maia. Wonderboy is always moving, and stays at a distance to do his kicks.
I don't know if you took a look at the merch booth or not, but they have a wireless receiver with ear buds that you can purchase & you can listen to the broadcast as you are watching the fight
live.
So, was the price you paid for ticket worth it?
Yeah, it was worth it, even with the Condt early loss. :x

Hope you're right about Wonderboy! It is just that if he is taken, then he will be trouble! But then who wouldn't be!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

A couple of decent fights today.
Bader KTFO Latifi...crazy knee from hell that sent Latifi back like he was in an explosion. Nasty.

Barnett and ARlovski went to war. Within the first 30 seconds they were both rocked bad. Arlovski always looks great until the wheels come off. I like both guys and they showed great respect towards each other after. Barnett looks like he didn't even train for this fight. Looked in horrible shape. He brought it out during the fight though.

Gustaffson looked real tentative standing up with Jan...he took some shots and wasn't moving all that well. But, he got the W in the end. Not the most exciting fight, but AG needed to get in the win column after the year he had last year...Bones, Johnson, and Cormier. That's a rough lineup to have to fight right there.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:A couple of decent fights today.
Bader KTFO Latifi...crazy knee from hell that sent Latifi back like he was in an explosion. Nasty.

Barnett and ARlovski went to war. Within the first 30 seconds they were both rocked bad. Arlovski always looks great until the wheels come off. I like both guys and they showed great respect towards each other after. Barnett looks like he didn't even train for this fight. Looked in horrible shape. He brought it out during the fight though.

Gustaffson looked real tentative standing up with Jan...he took some shots and wasn't moving all that well. But, he got the W in the end. Not the most exciting fight, but AG needed to get in the win column after the year he had last year...Bones, Johnson, and Cormier. That's a rough lineup to have to fight right there.
I can't stand Bader, but that ko was a ko of the year highlight knock out.

Barnett has looked like that for several years now. It was an entertaining fight. And you are so right about the first 30 seconds of the fight.

I hated the Gustaffson fight. Anytime Gus was in trouble, he took it to the ground, and ground & pounded. Although it wasn't much g&p. It only took the ref
a round and a half to warn them to get something going or he would stand them up.

Are Dan Hardy & the other guy great commentators or what?

There's a boatload of great fights coming.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Anyone watching this upcoming weekend? Debut of CM Punk. Just watched the first episode of the UFC series on him. He seems like a pretty cool down to earth dude. Having said that, I have a feeling he's getting torched this weekend.

I'm real curious over the Overeem/ Miocic fight. It could go either way. Overeem tends to start really slow lately, waiting for openings. Miocic doesn't get tired though. Should be good I think.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anyone watching this upcoming weekend? Debut of CM Punk. Just watched the first episode of the UFC series on him. He seems like a pretty cool down to earth dude. Having said that, I have a feeling he's getting torched this weekend.

I'm real curious over the Overeem/ Miocic fight. It could go either way. Overeem tends to start really slow lately, waiting for openings. Miocic doesn't get tired though. Should be good I think.
Should be a good night of fights. If Miocic hits Overeem with a clean shot it will be over. And if Overeem can land one of those kicks to Miocic's body, it could be over.
Hopefully Miocic wins & we see him against Cain in NYC.
I don't know much about CM Punk, but it seems everybody expects him to lose. But most say if he comes out & fights like a real fighter they will consider it a win for him.
You know who I'm looking to see is Jessica Andrade. She dropped down to 115 & looks to be a terror. Would love to see her & Joanna Champion go at it. That would be a war!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

What a weird night of fights!
Andrade needs to be streamlined to fight Joanna Champion. Would be such a great fight!
Although UFC will do Joanna vs the Polish woman. Andrade will probably get one of the others
in top 5. One thing is for sure UFC will not book a Paige Van Zant/Andrade fight. Paige would
get slaugtered. Rose? She would get killed. Maybe Carla Espranza, but Carla has to take that
fight & I don't think she would.

What was Faber's strategy?

CM Punk didn't even see that take down coming. Joe Rogan didn't hold anything back did he?

Werdum/Browne fight was one of the weirdest fights ever. How did Werdum ever beat Cain Velasquez?
And what about Browne's corner. That Edmund guy? Jeez, "fuck that hand" "fucking its your time" "fuck
that guy" blah blah etc etc.

And once Overeem got hit I knew he was going to be done. He had no business fighting for the belt.
And Overeem saying Stipe tapped? Really?
Weird night!

My guess Stipe vs Cain for the belt. NYC might be too early. Probably the Vegas end of year/New Years eve card.
And Cain gets his belt back.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:What a weird night of fights!
Andrade needs to be streamlined to fight Joanna Champion. Would be such a great fight!
Although UFC will do Joanna vs the Polish woman. Andrade will probably get one of the others
in top 5. One thing is for sure UFC will not book a Paige Van Zant/Andrade fight. Paige would
get slaugtered. Rose? She would get killed. Maybe Carla Espranza, but Carla has to take that

CM Punk didn't even see that take down coming. Joe Rogan didn't hold anything back did he?

Werdum/Browne fight was one of the weirdest fights ever. How did Werdum ever beat Cain Velasquez?
And what about Browne's corner. That Edmund guy? Jeez, "fuck that hand" "fucking its your time" "fuck

And once Overeem got hit I knew he was going to be done. He had no business fighting for the belt.
Weird night!

My guess Stipe vs Cain for the belt. NYC might be too early. Probably the Vegas end of year/New Years eve card.
Faber should just retire imo.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:

Weird night!

Faber should just retire imo.
Yeah, I agree.
There comes a time when the sport passes a fighter by.
Happens to all fighters. If that makes sense.

Gotta say besides the "f" bombs, Mickey Gall handled himself really well. Now its time to see him fight real fighters.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Weird night!

Just watched the Verdum/Browne fight...what the fuck happened to Browne as a fighter? Every since he started with Rousey's coach he has been horrible. He doesn't throw kicks anymore and he is very tentative. Why do people stay with him? I don't think any of his fighters have won in the UFC the past year. The oompa loompa ref in that fight was horrible, he had no idea what he was doing. You don't get to call a time out in fight bc of injury.

Overeem once again fucks up in a fight he could have won. Every fight he has lost in the UFC, he should have won, but made a poor in fight decision. When he floored Stipe, he shouldn't have went for the choke. I think he realized that after he did it. He should have went for the ground and pound. His GNP is ferocious.

As far as the interview, I give him a pass. He was just KTFO. Shouldn't even be interviewed after that . Rogan is on Twitter saying this as well. He went to UFC and said they shouldn't interview people after KOs. You're perception is not real after that.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:

Weird night!

Just watched the Verdum/Browne fight...what the fuck happened to Browne as a fighter? Every since he started with Rousey's coach he has been horrible. He doesn't throw kicks anymore and he is very tentative. Why do people stay with him? I don't think any of his fighters have won in the UFC the past year. The oompa loompa ref in that fight was horrible, he had no idea what he was doing. You don't get to call a time out in fight bc of injury.

Overeem once again fucks up in a fight he could have won. Every fight he has lost in the UFC, he should have won, but made a poor in fight decision. When he floored Stipe, he shouldn't have went for the choke. I think he realized that after he did it. He should have went for the ground and pound. His GNP is ferocious.

As far as the interview, I give him a pass. He was just KTFO. Shouldn't even be interviewed after that . Rogan is on Twitter saying this as well. He went to UFC and said they shouldn't interview people after KOs. You're perception is not real after that.
Browne's kicks were his main weapon. The guy had so much promise. Remember when he fought Antonio Silva (I think). He came in all cocky, bouncing around. And then he blew out a hammy or his knee & got blasted.
He'll win the fights against the lower ranked fighters, but anytime he fights the top guys he gets blasted.
I agree with interviewing guys that get knocked out, and Overeem got blasted big time. Did you see his head bounce of the canvas? Its typical Overeem. Anytime another fighter lands a clean shot, he is done.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

yeahbuddy wrote:W
Joe Rogan didn't hold anything back did he?
U and Rogan are both pussies. U should go rub against each other

Rogan had the chance to ask Werdum why he kicked the trainer. He pussied out. He is a comedian not a fighter. Fuck Rogan.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:

Weird night!

Browne's kicks were his main weapon. The guy had so much promise. Remember when he fought Antonio Silva (I think). He came in all cocky, bouncing around. And then he blew out a hammy or his knee & got blasted.
He'll win the fights against the lower ranked fighters, but anytime he fights the top guys he gets blasted.
I agree with interviewing guys that get knocked out, and Overeem got blasted big time. Did you see his head bounce of the canvas? Its typical Overeem. Anytime another fighter lands a clean shot, he is done.
Can't stand Browne.

He always seems to be poking the eyes.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:

Can't stand Browne.

He always seems to be poking the eyes.
Same here, never a fan. Early on when he first came into the scene, I thought "Wow, here's guy has some size, seems athletic, might be something here", but that didn't last long.
These days the heavy weight division seems like nothing but a bunch of gate keepers & whoever goes on a 3 fight win streak & lands a lucky shot is the champ.
I still think Cain is the best in the division, but can never stay healthy. And how he lost to Werdum is beyond me.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:

Weird night!

Yeah, I agree with this.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

205 New York is beyond stacked!
Fingers crossed the injury bug doesn't hit it.
If you live on the east coast near NYC or a short plane flight away, you should go!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:205 New York is beyond stacked!
If you live on the east coast near NYC or a short plane flight away, you should go!
I registered for presale. Im sure the prices are going to be ridiculous. Im not sure it's worth it. I'd rather watch from my bed eating nachos.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:205 New York is beyond stacked!
I registered for presale. Im sure the prices are going to be ridiculous. Im not sure it's worth it. I'd rather watch from my bed eating nachos.
I think it will be worth it for sure.
The press conference from nyc is today 3pm pacific time. That might give you an idea how crazy it will be.
Also gotta remember because McGregor is on the card the Irish are going to come out big time to make it
even more crazier.
If money wasn't an issue (it is) I would have no problems buying a plane ticket, a hotel room, and ticket to the fight.
I hope you go.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

If you haven't watch the 205 press conference, you should. Of course it was the Conor McGregor
show. Jeremy Stephens getting his ass handed to himself was one of the funniest moments ever!
So many great fights for 205. Such a sick card!
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

For UFC 205, I don't know whether to cheer for Joanna or Karolina. They're both good from a technical standpoint, but I think Joanna is in a class of her own. And she's so adorable! I'm sure I wouldn't say that if faced with her business side though. :lol:
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Endless Yodel wrote:For UFC 205, I don't know whether to cheer for Joanna or Karolina. They're both good from a technical standpoint, but I think Joanna is in a class of her own. And she's so adorable! I'm sure I wouldn't say that if faced with her business side though. :lol:
The term "pound for pound" gets thrown around a lot. IMO Joanna is right there as being the p4p greatest fighter at this time. I watched Karolina against Rose N. fight last night again. She's good. She's tough. And in the clinch she is top notch.
Is she on the same level as Joanna? Hmmm, I don't know about that. There's two fighters that will give Joanna a run for her money. Jessica Andrade looks great dropping to 115. MY guess is they will put her against one of the other top 115ers like Carla Esparanza or someone else. And if she wins that fight, she will fight whoever wins the Joanna/Karolina fight. And watch out for Alexa Grasso. She's an Invicta fighter that was just brought into the UFC. The girl is a cutie, but in the octagon she is a monster.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Were the judges tonight watching the Real Ratt clips instead of the actual fight? I feel that Dodson won all five of those rounds.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

roxxxtar wrote:Were the judges tonight watching the Real Ratt clips instead of the actual fight? I feel that Dodson won all five of those rounds.
I had Liniker win the fight. He was the fighter moving forward and attacking the entire fight. Anytime they engaged he stayed in the pocket. Dodson
always bailed out & that happened many many times. Dodson probably spent 60% of the time back peddling or escaping Liniker's assault. People banged
on McGregor for doing that 3 or 4 times at the most. Dodson did it the entire fight. Liniker can sure take a kick to the head can't he?
Loved Cormier working the fight. Didn't think I would, but he was good. All the fighters (Stann, Hardy, Florian, Cruz, Cormier) do a great job
calling fights. Cruz being my least favorite. He's great in the studio though.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Just saw where Josh Samman passed away...RIP:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-fight ... 35595.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

dmbrocker wrote:Just saw where Josh Samman passed away...RIP:

Yeah,
that sucks. Looks like a drug od. From what I've read, the guy had some inner demons going on.

Anyone else here NOT buying 204? I have much respect for Bisping & Henderson, but that card is weak. I'm not
dropping 50-60 bucks for one fight.
I will find "other" ways to watch it.
I see the entire return of BJ Penn fight card has been cancelled. Another really weak card.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

yeahbuddy wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Just saw where Josh Samman passed away...RIP:

Yeah,
that sucks. Looks like a drug od. From what I've read, the guy had some inner demons going on.

Anyone else here NOT buying 204? I have much respect for Bisping & Henderson, but that card is weak. I'm not
dropping 50-60 bucks for one fight.
I will find "other" ways to watch it.
I see the entire return of BJ Penn fight card has been cancelled. Another really weak card.
I paid for it but man $60 for the card was a bit steep, for 205 I can see it but this card was somewhat thin. Was rooting for Hendo and thought he had it in the 1st but I can't argue with the decision. I'm from that you gotta really hammer the champ to beat him and Hendo just didn't do enough IMO. I get the feeling he'll fight again and it just sucks seeing guys I grew up watching in Hendo and Belfort get old. Holy fuck off TRT Belfort looks like a deflated tire.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Agree with above that Hendo didn't take the belt from Bisping. But damn, the one judge really had it 49-46? Wtf fight did he watch?
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I had some funds in Paypal account so I purchased it. I'm always on the fence but the quality of buying the actual ppv versus other ways to view is night and day.
Agree with you guys on decision. It was a very dramatic fight from beginning to end. How Bisping survived the first onslaught speaks volumes for the guy.
Henderson goes out a hero & Belfort goes out on a thud.
The rest of card was what I thought it would be with no importance whatsoever.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

burt1098 wrote:Agree with above that Hendo didn't take the belt from Bisping. But damn, the one judge really had it 49-46? Wtf fight did he watch?
I mean I'm not a judge but I gave rounds 1 and 2 to Hendo and the last 3 to Bisping. Even Round 2 Bisping technically won it but I gave it to Hendo based on the 2nd knockdown. Sadly at this point Hendo is pretty one dimensional and just loads up trying to land the overhand right with little to no other offense. He tried a few takedowns but you gotta give it to Bisping, he comes off as kind of a cocky dick but he usually delivers in the end.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I scored it for Hendo

R1 - 10 - 8 to Hendo
R2 - 10 - 8 to Hendo
R3 - 10 - 9 to Bisping
R4 - 10 - 9 to Bisping
R5 . 10 - 9 Hendo (need to watch it again to make sure)

Keep in mind that judges are supposed to be more generous with 10 - 8 rounds under the new rules
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."