The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:I would love to see Lawler/Diaz 2. Lawler has changed and improved so much since Diaz knocked him out.
I was thinking the same thing. The hold up with Nick is he still owes the fine that was part of his suspension. I don't think he wants to
pay that. Maybe UFC can kick in & take care of it.

He was on Opie Radio show I think yesterday. I listened to the replay today, he sounds like he wants to fight. But he also talks about how he hadn't had a vacation in like 15 years. So he looks at the suspension as a good thing.

Does he really wanna fight? Who knows, I guess he could always pay fine after they agree on a fight.
From what I read both Nick & Nate only want "money" fights. They have a point because they both bring in an audience.
Speaking of wanting to fight. I wonder if Lawler still has the fire. The guy has been going at it for years. Maybe being knocked
out by Woodley knocked some of the fight out of him.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. The hold up with Nick is he still owes the fine that was part of his suspension. I don't think he wants to
pay that. Maybe UFC can kick in & take care of it.

He was on Opie Radio show I think yesterday. I listened to the replay today, he sounds like he wants to fight. But he also talks about how he hadn't had a vacation in like 15 years. So he looks at the suspension as a good thing.

Does he really wanna fight? Who knows, I guess he could always pay fine after they agree on a fight.
From what I read both Nick & Nate only want "money" fights. They have a point because they both bring in an audience.
Speaking of wanting to fight. I wonder if Lawler still has the fire. The guy has been going at it for years. Maybe being knocked
out by Woodley knocked some of the fight out of him.

Yeah, ya never know til ya know. Ya know? Lol

These guys are getting older. Look at Rashad Evans, Hendricks, GSP, Condit...I think mentally they don't have "it" anymore. Weidman may have the same problem. Money, a hot wife, kids, big house, hard to keep that edge when your life is soft outside of training. Diaz talked about it in his interview I mentioned. How he didn't have any distractions for years, and he thinks that's why he was beating dudes (with the exception of GSP and Condit of course).
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:Bisping gonna get concussed against Romero if this fight happens.
My guess is this happens in January in Anaheim Cali. They've announced date & location but not headliner. I can't think
of another big fight because all of the other divisions have had big fights in December. Romero took zero damage against
Weidman & Bisping should be in good shape.
I wouldn't bet against Bisping if I were you. He's a much smarter fighter these days. He was supposed to lose to Silva & won.
Was supposed to lose to Rockhold & won. And everybody said Henderson was going to knock him out, but that didn't
happen either. Of course if Romero lands one of those homerun shots like what he did to Weidman, the lights will go out
very quickly. If Bisping can get to the championship rounds, its his fight.

Did you watch the fights this past weekend? What a looooong day & so many meaningless fights. And it doesn't help when
the FS1 fights add 2 hours of commercials & other nonsense.
The light heavyweight division is a mess. There's Cormier & Johnson & a hundred rungs down the ladder is everybody
else. Without Bones Jones that division sucks.

Bisping said he's not going to fight until spring. He has injuries from the hendo fight. I don't think he's allowed to have full contact training yet,
Unless GSP comes out of retirement and wants to fight!

For a money fight, he will fight before Spring. For a Romero fight, he will wait until he has fully recovered.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Looks like 206 just became a FS1 card.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote:Looks like 206 just became a FS1 card.
Have you noticed that lately every time the UFC tries to pull a power play with a fighter, it ends up backfiring on them. UFC 200 with Connor and now UFC 206 with GSP. Them not working out a deal with him fucked up this weak card royally. I know some people don't like the way GSP fights, but he has always been a very down to earth straight forward guy in interviews. I don't know how anybody can not like the guy. I guarantee GSP not being on 206 is purely DAna White being sore over GSP refusing the immediate rematch with Johny.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Looks like 206 just became a FS1 card.
Have you noticed that lately every time the UFC tries to pull a power play with a fighter, it ends up backfiring on them. UFC 200 with Connor and now UFC 206 with GSP. Them not working out a deal with him fucked up this weak card royally. I know some people don't like the way GSP fights, but he has always been a very down to earth straight forward guy in interviews. I don't know how anybody can not like the guy. I guarantee GSP not being on 206 is purely DAna White being sore over GSP refusing the immediate rematch with Johny.
I hear ya!
I am one who doesn't like the way GSP fights, but the other night I went back & watched the GSP/Diaz fight, and realized I miss the guy. He was so technically sound, and has/had a hell of a heart. Above
everything GSP was/is a true pro.
Speaking of Hendricks- remember when that guy could drop another with one punch? Whatever happened to that Johnny? I think it was somebody here that mentioned he was on something, and
once he cleaned up, his power went with it.
If Holloway vs Pettis is the main event I will definitely not be buying fight. That's a great fight, but hardly worth a ppv main event. Sounds like the UFC is making it a interim title fight to make it main event
worthy. Huh?!?
From what I read on line the ufc brass tried doing a Johnson vs Mousasi (spelling) fight, but Johnson nixed that idea. He wants to wait until Cormier is ready.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:
Speaking of Hendricks- remember when that guy could drop another with one punch? Whatever happened to that Johnny? I think it was somebody here that mentioned he was on something, and
once he cleaned up, his power went with it.
GSP knew something was up with Hendricks, but wouldn't come out and say it directly. That's why he was adammant that they both go through olympic testing. UFC tried to bury GSP by sharing emails from his lawyer, who was asking questions on what they would test for specifically. GSP's team suspected Johny might be on something that wouldn't show up in normal testing. They wanted more rigorous testing. Dana tried to paint GSP and his crew as kooks. After they fought, Dana was at the press conference and said GSP was so badly hurt in the fight he was at the hospital. Wrong. GSP was backstage trying to get to the press conference, but UFC reps were telling him he was not allowed to go to it (according to GSP on the MMA Hour). I remember watching it live. The video and audio feed dropped out right when GSP came out. It didn't come back on until it was just about over. UFC are some shady and petty fucks at times. Dana tried to pressure GSP into the rematch, but GSP was having none of it. He's not one to play those games. He has good people around him.

UFC probably suspected Johny was on something and didn't want to have the fight pulled. Johny hasn't KO'd anybody since 2012. He does not look like the same killer he was back then at all. It's either he was on something and is not anymore, or Robby Lawler took his soul in their two fights!
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Its easy to say Kenny Florian didn't like Brunson's game plan. Ha!
That was right up there with Alvarez against McGregor & Cat Zingano against Rousey. Dumber than dumb.
Me thinks Whittaker is the real deal.
A decent night of fights. What was good to see was there are a lot of up & comers ready to take the next step.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:Its easy to say Kenny Florian didn't like Brunson's game plan. Ha!
That was right up there with Alvarez against McGregor & Cat Zingano against Rousey. Dumber than dumb.
A decent night of fights. What was good to see was there are a lot of up & comers ready to take the next step.

Yup, looks like Whitaker may have what it takes.

Was weird to see both guys lean forward chins exposed and just swing...Lol...But entertaining as hell for a free fight Saturday night!

UFC 206 ain't lookin that great. But I'll be ordering the fight just to see Holloway knock out Pettis.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Its easy to say Kenny Florian didn't like Brunson's game plan. Ha!

Yup, looks like Whitaker may have what it takes.

Was weird to see both guys lean forward chins exposed and just swing...Lol...But entertaining as hell for a free fight Saturday night!

UFC 206 ain't lookin that great. But I'll be ordering the fight just to see Holloway knock out Pettis.
That's the only fight on the card that is worth a darn. Good to see its a 5 rounder. Although interested in seeing what that Choi cat has going on. He's been impressive in his past couple of fights.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

How the fuck did one judge have it 29-27 Cejudo, one judge have it 29-27 Benavidez, and the third had it 30-26 Benavidez? What a shit show...

And Elliot looking great against Johnson.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:How the fuck did one judge have it 29-27 Cejudo, one judge have it 29-27 Benavidez, and the third had it 30-26 Benavidez? What a shit show...

And Elliot looking great against Johnson.
The Cejudo Benavidez fight was boring. 3 rounds of the same old same old from each fighter. And what is with Cejudo? The guy is an olympic wrestler. Did he attempt
more than 1 takedown?
Not a fan of Mighty Mouse because he is so good, but give him major credit for last night. That was an exciting & fun fight. The guy never quits, never coasts, always
looking to finish. Good to see Sarah McMann notch a victory. Love to see her go against Juliana Pena or the russian woman that took out Holly Holm. Although it looks
like Pena is waiting for a title shot.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Faber won his retirement match tonight if anybody cares.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

dmbrocker wrote:Faber won his retirement match tonight if anybody cares.
Never a big fan of the guy, but he deserves much respect, and he got it last night. Thumbs up to the guy going
out on his terms. It was nice to see everybody commenting on what he has meant to them & the sport. I only wish
he would've done what others who retired did, and take his gloves off & leave them in the octagon.

What the hell was the UFC thinking putting Paige against Waterson? Jesus!! Waterson is top level!
And that take down was a thing of beauty. I don't think PVZ had a clue it happened until she was on the ground.
Her comments are so dumb. "I'm going to win the belt" " I will be champion". It reminds me of a person that gets
into acting & tells people "I'm going to win an Academy award someday".
And people's take on her. All they can say is she has heart. Jeez!

Glad the next UFC event is the Rousey fight. I am so sick of all the commercials they are doing for her. It seemed every other
commercial was a Ronda Rousey spot. I don't think I could handle a fight card before 207 & having to sit through an endless
loop of RR being back.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Looking forward to Cruz/Garbrandt. Werdum/Velazquez throwing bombs at each other should be good also.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:Looking forward to Cruz/Garbrandt. Werdum/Velazquez throwing bombs at each other should be good also.
Yeah, looking forward to the Cruz fight as well. I think Cruz is going to school the guy. The only hiccup will be if Garbrandt lands a big shot. Other
than that, Cruz is going to frustrate the hell out of him. It cracks me up when those two confront each other on camera. Cruz is pretty witty,
and zings him. Garbrandt is like a total meathead.
I'm going to say Velazquez will maul Werdum.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
burt1098 wrote:Looking forward to Cruz/Garbrandt. Werdum/Velazquez throwing bombs at each other should be good also.
Yeah, looking forward to the Cruz fight as well. I think Cruz is going to school the guy. The only hiccup will be if Garbrandt lands a big shot. Other
than that, Cruz is going to frustrate the hell out of him. It cracks me up when those two confront each other on camera. Cruz is pretty witty,
and zings him. Garbrandt is like a total meathead.
I'm going to say Velazquez will maul Werdum.
If Werdum starts making that stupid face, I hope his whole family gets AIDS and suffers horribly.

Werdum usually starts quick. Could all be over in 30 seconds. Or as you said, Velasquez could maul him...Lol. That's why we watch.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

So,
Ronda Rousey is allowed to do zero media, but Conor wanted to ease up on his media commitments & he was removed from 200.
Hmmm, okay. Makes sense to me.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote:So,
Ronda Rousey is allowed to do zero media, but Conor wanted to ease up on his media commitments & he was removed from 200.
She is represented by the company tgat now owns UFC. She gets "special" treatment.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
She is represented by the company tgat now owns UFC. She gets "special" treatment.
I am so looking forward to this fight. Also the Cruz vs Meathead fight. I think Cruz is going to school that guy.
Too bad Cain got pulled from card. Not surprising.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Goldy is out after 207.
Rumor has it his replacement is Jim Rome.
I HATE Jim Rome, and what does he know about MMA?
Never knew the guy was a fan.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:Goldy is out after 207.

I'm at a loss for words to describe how bad a decision that is for "real" fans. I may quit watching. That guy is a total douchebag. Goes to show what happens when "money" gets involved. They'll kill the sport like NASCAR killed itself chasing fans.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

burt1098 wrote:

I'm at a loss for words to describe how bad a decision that is for "real" fans. I may quit watching. That guy is a total douchebag. Goes to show what happens when "money" gets involved. They'll kill the sport like NASCAR killed itself chasing fans.

Not a big fan of goldy.... though they'd go with stann
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:

Been reading a lot of the comments from the mma sites & I would say 99% of the comments agree with us on Jim Rome.
One of the mma guys that cover the sport tweeted "from a confirmed source Rome is in negotiations with the UFC". Oh brother!!
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

So,
predictions anyone?
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

predictions anyone?

Have a feeling RR is going to win in dominant fashion. Nunes is nowhere the level of striker that HH was, but she definitely hits harder. She doesn't have great movement. I can see this playing out like RR's fights up until she lost. The sadist in me is more interested though is seeing what happens to RR if she loses in devastating fashion again.

Cruz is going to toy with Garbrandt. It's unfortunate most of the media stuff was cancelled BC of RR. Would have loved to see Cruz and Cody at press conference.

Linkeker is a monster. Surprised he finally made weight. hard to call that fight.

WTF happened to Hendricks? Watch his media scrum from Wednesday. He is off the wall crazy, coming across like a drunk uncle. He has not been the same since USADA. GSP was right about that dude.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
predictions anyone?

Have a feeling RR is going to win in dominant fashion. Nunes is nowhere the level of striker that HH was, but she definitely hits harder. She doesn't have great movement. I can see this playing out like RR's fights up until she lost. The sadist in me is more interested though is seeing what happens to RR if she loses in devastating fashion again.

Cruz is going to toy with Garbrandt. It's unfortunate most of the media stuff was cancelled BC of RR. Would have loved to see Cruz and Cody at press conference.

Linkeker is a monster. Surprised he finally made weight. hard to call that fight.

WTF happened to Hendricks? Watch his media scrum from Wednesday. He is off the wall crazy, coming across like a drunk uncle. He has not been the same since USADA. GSP was right about that dude.
Gotta agree with everything you wrote. Big difference b/t Holly is Holly is a counter striker & moves well backing up etc etc & that played to her favor against RR. Nunes is best moving forward & if she doesn't crack Rousey early she might be in trouble. Nunes is pretty good on the ground, but being on the ground with RR is entirely different beast than any of the others in that division.

Although amusing, I am so tired of the pitter patter Cruz & Garbrandt have been up to. Let's fight!

Hendricks is quite the drama queen isn't he?
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

I'll say it: I hope Garbrandt cleans Cruz's fucking clock! Never liked that dude.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

The CEO got his wish, tonight. Rousey is done.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

She has the worst coach. She should have listened to her mother and left that useless POS a long time ago. He has made every fighter worse that has come to his gym. Travis Browne was a monster until he went to Glendale. Same shit happened to Ellenberger but he smartened up and left. Thank god we never saw RR vs Cyborg.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman