The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by brotherplanet »

This was wayyyyyyyyyyy too ridged. The mike should have stayed on.

Hell, the boxing folk are boring as fuck! Bunch of wood up there, and then Dana shows up and starts yelling, and it suddenly got fun. Then they cut Conor's mike.

I think they cut his mike right after he called bullshit on Mayweather saying he would have fought in the octagon.

I t would have been great if we had a back and forth between those two.

How do I get the pay per view for this fight without getting cable?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Watched via a Showtime feed on youtube.
I used to be a HUGE boxing many moons ago.
I gave up on it because it was so corrupt and other reasons. Didn't grab onto mma/ufc/Strikeforce maybe 5 or 6 years ago via the reruns
Spike tv used to show.
Anways, yeah the mic being cut off was weak. What makes Conor's press conferences so great are his comebacks.
I loved Dana's reactions when the two fighters squared off and were ranting back and forth.
Crazy the place was packed for a press conference.
Will I be buying this ppv? 100 bucks? I think not.

Other news-
ufc is trying to lock in a fight between Eddie Alvarez vs Justin Gaethje, possibly as coaches for a Ultimate Fighter tv show. Love the idea
of those two fighting, but to postpone the next Gaethje fight for what? An extra 3 or 4 months so the show can run its course? I don't think so.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote: Other news-
ufc is trying to lock in a fight between Eddie Alvarez vs Justin Gaethje, possibly as coaches for a Ultimate Fighter tv show. Love the idea
of those two fighting, but to postpone the next Gaethje fight for what? An extra 3 or 4 months so the show can run its course? I don't think so.
Alvarez Justin is s great fight.... TUF? Fuck no.

In all honesty, Justin got clobbered a couple times in the Johnson fight and, for his own well being, he needs time to recover. It's not healthy to do fights like that every 3-4 months.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote: Other news-
Alvarez Justin is s great fight.... TUF? Fuck no.

In all honesty, Justin got clobbered a couple times in the Johnson fight and, for his own well being, he needs time to recover. It's not healthy to do fights like that every 3-4 months.
You got a point on Justin's fighting style.
I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of TUF. And to be honest, really don't care about the final fight.
Don't know if its true or not, but UFC says the show is as popular now as it was back in the day. Ahh, I don't know about that.
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

In other news-
GDR is booked to fight in September.
She goes from one of the co mains on a card that is probably the biggest card ever to not even headlining an overseas
Fight Pass card. How lame is that?

Other news-
the ppv #s are in for Bellator & 213, and they ain't good. Bellator might get 100k buys while 213 was anywhere from
125 to 150k. Those are Mighty Mouse numbers.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:In other news-
GDR is booked to fight in September.
She goes from one of the co mains on a card that is probably the biggest card ever to not even headlining an overseas
Fight Pass card. How lame is that?

Other news-
the ppv #s are in for Bellator & 213, and they ain't good. Bellator might get 100k buys while 213 was anywhere from
125 to 150k. Those are Mighty Mouse numbers.
Considering what the main card ended up being, I'm not surprised.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

A guy I know just got KTFO at the M-1 event in Russia today. Was not pretty.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

This week should be quite the crazy week leading up to Saturday.
I haven't been to a UFC fight since I went to a International weekend in Vegas a couple of years ago.
Looking forward to being at 214 in Anaheim.
You guys watch the fights this past weekend?
A good night of fights. A lot of heart was displayed.
Good to see Weidman get the win. Although I am so tired of his "don't doubt me" talk he says after every win.
Actually would prefer to see Weidman fight Bisping than Whitaker fight Bisping. Whitaker is on the shelf for some
months so who knows.
Gastalum (spelling) needs to go back to 170. He just isn't big enough. Yeah, weight wise he is, but overall size he isn't.
How can you not root for Elkins? At one point in the fight Bermudez had a look on his face like "how do I get this guy
off my back".
Crazy to see Woodley behind the desk when in 1 week he is fighting for the championship. Not a fan of Woodley in
the cage, but think he is really good at what he does when not fighting.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:This week should be quite the crazy week leading up to Saturday.
I haven't been to a UFC fight since I went to a International weekend in Vegas a couple of years ago.
Good to see Weidman get the win. Although I am so tired of his "don't doubt me" talk he says after every win.
Actually would prefer to see Weidman fight Bisping than Whitaker fight Bisping. Whitaker is on the shelf for some
months so who knows.
Gastalum (spelling) needs to go back to 170. He just isn't big enough. Yeah, weight wise he is, but overall size he isn't.
How can you not root for Elkins? At one point in the fight Bermudez had a look on his face like "how do I get this guy
off my back".
Crazy to see Woodley behind the desk when in 1 week he is fighting for the championship. Not a fan of Woodley in
Glad you're looking forward to it, but even with three title fights I'm not super excited about it. I hate Jon Jones, really like DC, but Jones will probably win. Hate Woodley, and not the biggest fan of Maia. I guess it would be cool for Maia to win in a way. And the female title fight. Yeah, fuck that.

Lawler/Cowboy should be the best fight.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:This week should be quite the crazy week leading up to Saturday.
months so who knows.
off my back".
Glad you're looking forward to it, but even with three title fights I'm not super excited about it. I hate Jon Jones, really like DC, but Jones will probably win. Hate Woodley, and not the biggest fan of Maia. I guess it would be cool for Maia to win in a way. And the female title fight. Yeah, fuck that.

I'd like for D.C. To win. It really depends on how his weight cut goes and if jones can get past the long layoff. He looked nothing like himself in that osp fight.

Hoping Maia wins. I know some people think he's boring. I love watching him, it's like watching a boa constrictor slowly sneak up on a deer and crush it. Woodley better hope he connects early. Once Maia gets his back, he's in for a long night.

I hope evinger puts up a fight. Would be great if she got the upset.

Cerrone and lawler.... I actually don't like this fight bc I like both fighters and will hate to see either one kod.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
months so who knows.
off my back".

I'd like for D.C. To win. It really depends on how his weight cut goes and if jones can get past the long layoff. He looked nothing like himself in that osp fight.

Hoping Maia wins. I know some people think he's boring. I love watching him, it's like watching a boa constrictor slowly sneak up on a deer and crush it. Woodley better hope he connects early. Once Maia gets his back, he's in for a long night.

I hope evinger puts up a fight. Would be great if she got the upset.

Cerrone and lawler.... I actually don't like this fight bc I like both fighters and will hate to see either one kod.
Dan Hardy was saying that he thinks Jones was just coasting through the OSP fight. And that for the the upcoming Cormier fight he's going to show things that he has never shown before.
I don't know about that.

Feel the same way about Maia. If I had to guess Woodley is going to fight how he fought Wonderboy. Try to counter the big shot the entire fight, and never really push the pace. I love
seeing Maia get another fighter's back, and go for the submission. Its a thing of beauty. And like others have said, its like a snake going for the kill.

Evinger is the right fighter to fight Cyborg. Anderson is still too green to fight Cyborg. Does Evinger have a chance? Yeah, but once she gets hit she will go into survival mode and wake up
with a bashed face.

Cerrone & Lawler- same here. Like both fighters. Hate to see either lose. This should be a 5 round fight.

Don't forget- The white trash Nate Diaz guy is fighting. Jason Knight. From what I have seen, he is always entertaining.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

It's over....

Jones big come back, finishing DC. I hated seeing it end this way. I like DC. I think it's time for him to hang it up. He's done everything there is to do in MMA. What sucks is that bc of Jon, he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. The dude won against some of of the best heavyweights ever and came down to LHW and won the titile. UFC really dropped the ball on billing the fight as the 2 top pound for pound guys.

Maia Woodley
Least amount of strikes ever in a title fight. Woodley didn't even try in this fight. Maia just could not get on Woodley. The thing that bugs me is that this fight was a short notice fight for Maia. Woodley last fought a few months ago, had rest, and was already preparing for Maia for 3-4 months. Then demanded Maia take the fight on short notice or he would never give him a chance again. Woodley is never going to be a star because of his non-engagement in fights and his attitude.

Cyborg Evenger
Missed the first round or so. It went as expected. Tony took the shots for as longs as she could. You can see the look on her face after getting hit. I don't care how tough the women think they might be, none of them want to get hit by Cyborg. I'm curious to see what UFC does with her. Her contract is up in October and wasn't extended before this fight.

Unfortunately missed the rest of the fights.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Well, didn't watch it, but results were utterly predictable. Glad I missed it, as each fighter I wanted to win, lost. Well except for Oezdemir/Manuwa, where I didn't care either way.

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Rogan should've never interviewed Cormier post-fight. Dude had just been solidly knocked out - completely unfair to stick a mic/camera in a guy's face in those circumstances. I don't watch a great deal of UFC, but I didn't think they did that?
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

demolition23 wrote:Rogan should've never interviewed Cormier post-fight. Dude had just been solidly knocked out - completely unfair to stick a mic/camera in a guy's face in those circumstances. I don't watch a great deal of UFC, but I didn't think they did that?

There was an incident with overeem earlier this year where he was interviewed after a ko and it went bad. Rogan said he'd never do it again. UFC has not been interviewing g ko'd fighters since that time.

He released a statement today saying how he was in shock and felt extremely horrible as Cormier is a friend of his. Basically after seeing him get ko'd he wasn't thinking straight.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:It's over....

Jones big come back, finishing DC. I hated seeing it end this way. I like DC. I think it's time for him to hang it up. He's done everything there is to do in MMA. What sucks is that bc of Jon, he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. The dude won against some of of the best heavyweights ever and came down to LHW and won the titile. UFC really dropped the ball on billing the fight as the 2 top pound for pound guys.

Maia Woodley
Least amount of strikes ever in a title fight. Woodley didn't even try in this fight. Maia just could not get on Woodley. The thing that bugs me is that this fight was a short notice fight for Maia. Woodley last fought a few months ago, had rest, and was already preparing for Maia for 3-4 months. Then demanded Maia take the fight on short notice or he would never give him a chance again. Woodley is never going to be a star because of his non-engagement in fights and his attitude.

Cyborg Evenger
Missed the first round or so. It went as expected. Tony took the shots for as longs as she could. You can see the look on her face after getting hit. I don't care how tough the women think they might be, none of them want to get hit by Cyborg. I'm curious to see what UFC does with her. Her contract is up in October and wasn't extended before this fight.

Unfortunately missed the rest of the fights.

Completely agree about DC.

brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

Joe Rogan Apologizes for Interviewing Daniel Cormier after Jon Jones KO "I Fucked Up"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtESvmj6FQ
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

UFC 217 in Madison Square Garden shaping up nicely.

Finally Bisping and GSP will fight. Glad it is finally happening, and they didn't give it to Woodley. :lol:

Wonderboy vs. Jorge Masvidal. On paper this sounds good, but then I thought about it some more, and I think this won't work. I really want to see Jorge Masvidal take on Woodley. I think he stands a great chance against Woodley. Can't stand Woodley, although he's impressing me in regards to his winning streak. Very boring, but doing enough to remain the champ.

Anyway, Jorge will likely throw caution to the wind with Wonderboy. He's best when going for it, but Wonderboy and his counters will stop this from happening. This means that Wonderboy will probably win by decision. Which means Jorge won't get a title shot, and no way they do Woodley/Wonderboy 3. Thus Woodley remains champ for a while. :x

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Looks like Jon Jones has been tested positive for drug use again! :lol:

DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

pieceofme wrote:Looks like Jon Jones has been tested positive for drug use again! :lol:
LMFAO, owned and done if it proves to be true. They are reporting it as a "potential" violation now. Not sure if they usually do that. Sounds like they are merely being cautious but are 99% sure it's a violation.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/jon-jones- ... el-cormier

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Jon Jones of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his weigh-in on July 28, 2017.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Looks like Jon Jones has been tested positive for drug use again! :lol:
LMFAO, owned and done if it proves to be true. They are reporting it as a "potential" violation now. Not sure if they usually do that. Sounds like they are merely being cautious but are 99% sure it's a violation.

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Jon Jones of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his weigh-in on July 28, 2017.

Yes, every time it is reported as a potential violation. They do that when initial sample is flagged. B sample gets tested and if it is also positive, then they are fined and suspended. He will have title stripped and win turned to no contest.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:

Yes, every time it is reported as a potential violation. They do that when initial sample is flagged. B sample gets tested and if it is also positive, then they are fined and suspended. He will have title stripped and win turned to no contest.
2 to 4 year suspension as well.

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

The winner gets The Million Dollar Man belt now ha ha it is wwf!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Jon Jones' Steroid Test 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Mistake, Dana White Says
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729 ... white-says

White openly questioned whether UFC fans have seen the last of Jones entirely.

"If it ends up getting two or three (drug violations), it might be the end of his career," he said, per MMAjunkie's Steven Marrocco and John Morgan. "So to talk about his legacy, it's probably the end of his career."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Jon Jones' Steroid Test 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Mistake, Dana White Says

"If it ends up getting two or three (drug violations), it might be the end of his career," he said, per MMAjunkie's Steven Marrocco and John Morgan. "So to talk about his legacy, it's probably the end of his career."
The big question- Is Jon Jones "washed up"?

Jon Jones- I've never been a big fan because he has always been so dominate. I do feel sad that this has happened because he came off as righting any of the wrongs & bad choices he has made. If it is true, the guy had to be doing it for most of his career, and knew how to mask it.
Who the hell knows.
McGregor vs Mayweather- Anyone going to buy it? I will watch it via "other means".
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

yeahbuddy wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Jon Jones' Steroid Test 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Mistake, Dana White Says

The big question- Is Jon Jones "washed up"?

Jon Jones- I've never been a big fan because he has always been so dominate. I do feel sad that this has happened because he came off as righting any of the wrongs & bad choices he has made. If it is true, the guy had to be doing it for most of his career, and knew how to mask it.
Who the hell knows.
McGregor vs Mayweather- Anyone going to buy it? I will watch it via "other means".
Jones is a washedup juicer. Will probably download the McGregor fight and watch the undercard on Fox from 6 to 8 pm tomorrow night.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

That last fight was kinda sad. Commentator summed it up: His mind wants to do it, but his body can't.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

That last fight was bullshit.

I've got....Fuck I don't know who I've got.

I do find it funny that all TMT fighters have won tonight.

I got it. I've got Demi Lovato's tits for the win.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Anybody watch the fights tonight?
Overall a good night of fights.
I had Nunes winning because of the 5th rd.
Can't say it was a great fight, but it was interesting.
That Valentina lady is a poor sport.

Wish the Magny/RDA fight would've went longer.
Henry Cejudo looked really good.
Feel bad for Sara McMann. My guess is she would've been next in line if she won tonight. That was a hell of take down for her
to end up on her back. You could see in her face she was lost when she was on her back & had no idea how to get out of there.
Speaking of that- Who does Amanda fight next?
For the first time since the UFC started I thought the 3 guys calling the fight were good. I like Cormier calling a fight. He knows
what he is talking about, and has a good sense of humor. The banter between Daniel & Rogan is fun. I'm not a big fan of Dominick Cruz.
Could care less the MIghty Mouse fight happened or not. That Borg guy had no business being part of a main event. The UFC should
dissolve that division.